Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuskador in MOTUC speculation thread.

A big fan of Slush Head

Tuskador in MOTUC speculation thread.

Thinking about NA in MOTUC the other day, I realized that Tuskador could be easily made into a MOTUC figure using alot of existing parts. He doesn't need a lot of new tooling. I was playing around with photoshop and put together this quick mock up of a MOTUCized Tuskador.

He is one of the coolest NA figures and one that could look great MOTUCized.

As you will see he shares a lot of parts with Trap Jaw and Optikk.
    He only practically needs a new head and armor.

The armor could be removable like every other MOTUC in the line so far and that would allow us to see his face like in the cartoon when he wasn't using his armor.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Interesting

Are the tusks meant to be part of the character's body or just part of his armor? If the later, what are the tusks used for that would make a fella wear such an armor?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Interesting

Are the tusks meant to be part of the character's body or just part of his armor? If the later, what are the tusks used for that would make a fella wear such an armor?
    The tusks are only part of his armor, there is a real human being underneath.
    You want to know how he uses those tusks? here is an example for ya:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-triumphs.html

Heroic Warrior
    Well, personally, I must say that I'd prefer to see Snout Spout released way before Tuskador.

In NA, Tuskador is one of my least wanted figures. If Tuskador is made and if he looks exactly like the old NA Tuskador, I shall pass.

I feel the head and armor need to be completely redone. The 4 Horsemen should rethink his look, and make it cooler.

There are figures in NA that I bought as NA characters, accepting the fact that some looked quite lame and would be "canon fodder". HOWEVER, if such figures are released looking equally cheap and lame in MOTUC andn costing more than $20, I won't buy them. It is the case for Tuskador.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, Mike, but honestly, Tuskador is a character that needs to be redone and retooled. Personally, I must say that he's not a figure I expect to see soon. I wouldn't be happy to see him produced before Snout Spout.

There are many other figures I expect to see first in the "Galactic Protectors", like Sagitar, the never produced yet Darius, Kayo, Hydron, Spinwit, Flipshot and even Nocturna. But I hope characters such as Artilla, Tuskador and Vizar will be released later on, will be worked on and greatly improved (Artilla's face and general look were really terrible, and that is the kind of mistake and flaw I won't accept with MOTUC).
    Last edited by Spectror; May 22, 2010 at 06:25am.

I'd love to see Tuskador- one of my faves from the NA line. As you say, the armor would need to be a unique sculpt but mostly everything else is reusable- although I'm expecting to see Hydron or Flipshot first for the goodies.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Well, personally, I must say that I'd prefer to see Snout Spout released way before Tuskador.

In NA, Tuskador is one of my least wanted figures. If Tuskador is made and if he looks exactly like the old NA Tuskador, I shall pass.

I feel the head and armor need to be completely redone. The 4 Horsemen should rethink his look, and make it cooler.

There are figures in NA that I bought as NA characters, accepting the fact that some looked quite lame and would be "canon fodder". HOWEVER, if such figures are released looking equally cheap and lame in MOTUC andn costing more than $20, I won't buy them. It is the case for Tuskador.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, Mike, but honestly, Tuskador is a character that needs to be redone and retooled. Personally, I must say that he's not a figure I expect to see soon. I wouldn't be happy to see him produced before Snout Spout.

There are many other figures I expect to see first in the "Galactic Protectors", like Sagitar, the never produced yet Darius, Kayo, Hydron, Spinwit, Flipshot and even Nocturna. But I hope characters such as Artilla, Tuskador and Vizar will be released later on, will be worked on and greatly improved (Artilla's face and general look were really terrible, and that is the kind of mistake and flaw I won't accept with MOTUC).

Not at all man. I just see a lot of potencial in this guy.
    He could be turned into a great figure in the hands of the 4H.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'd love to see Tuskador- one of my faves from the NA line. As you say, the armor would need to be a unique sculpt but mostly everything else is reusable- although I'm expecting to see Hydron or Flipshot first for the goodies.
    Oh yeah I'd love to see Hydron first. But I just wanted to share this mock up cause it shows that maybe he won't need a lot of tooling.
    And maybe we could see him sooner than we think.

And to be honest I really like this character.

Heroic Warrior
    He could be turned into a great figure in the hands of the 4H.
    Absolutely. But they would need to change the look of the head and armor.

There is also a minor problem : the tusks were part of an action feature. I don't see the need for such cumbersome tusks without a working action feature (and we know there won't be that kind of action feature anyway)... So I wonder what look the 4 Horsemen will give to Tuskador. They might make him look awesome. But if the receive the order from Mattel to make him look as much as possible as the original, I'll pass, that's for sure. Anyway, it will certainly be interesting to see how Tuskador's sculpt will come to life.

Personally, I hope the 4 Horsemen will be able to make great improvements, just like what they did for Snout Spout's face in the Staction line.
    Last edited by Spectror; May 22, 2010 at 06:38am.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Absolutely. But they would need to change the look of the head and armor.

There is also a minor problem : the tusks were part of an action feature. I don't see the need for such cumbersome tusks without a working action feature (and we know there won't be that kind of action feature anyway)... So I wonder what look the 4 Horsemen will give to Tuskador. They might make him look awesome. But if the receive the order from Mattel to make him look as much as possible as the original, I'll pass, that's for sure. Anyway, it will certainly be interesting to see how Tuskador's sculpt will come to life.

Personally, I hope the 4 Horsemen will be able to make great improvements, just like what they did for Snout Spout's face in the Staction line.
    If they were able to make Snout Spout cool I have all the faith in the world they can do the same to Tuskador. Because he is not that ugly if you see him closely. He has a poor sculpt thanks to the time when he was released. He's got a lot going on there.
    He just needs an " attitude" sculpt this time.

I am sure they are not gonna use the bent tusks like the original. They'll probably look more like normal tusks this time.
    Kinda like this:

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Very cool mock-up. This character needs a cool weapon. I hope to see more of your NA character into MOTUC mock ups...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Not one of my top NA characters, but you did a great job on this mock-up, Mike. For the most part I wouldn't mind some of the parts from Trap-Jaw and Kronis being used on him, though I would prefer that Mattel went the extra mile and did something more with his shoulder pieces. A bit too plain for this character, IMO.

I hope the 4h can do there magic on these NA guys. I'd Definately do Snout Spout before Tuskador. Seems like the Original creation of these guys were inspired by M.A.S.K. They're all so boxy and have weird helmets.

Wow very cool! i hope someone sees your designs and makes a custom off of him. I could see him and Ram-Man used as a battering squad to break through enemy ranks.

absolutly! tuskador was one of my favorite characters from NA! thats an awesome moc up too! id buy that in a heartbeat

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    personally,for the helmet and the armour i'd like to see something looking like in the picture attached.
    the customizers is hordaks henchman.
    but, for me, the real question is how to call him: tuskador or insyzor?!?

autoedit: forget to tell it before: great mock up, mike!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; May 22, 2010 at 02:37pm.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Great mock-up of Tuskador!
    He'll make a great addition to MOTUC.
    However, I hope to see other NA characters before the release of Tuskador.

I'd love to see these New Adventures characters first:
    Slush Head (Kalamarr), Flogg (Brakk), Lizorr, NA Skeletor, Crita,
    NA He-Man, Darius, Icarius (Flipshot), Tatarus (Kayo), Hydron & Mara!

Tuskador is actually the NA figure I had as a kid which is the first figure ever that I thought was a fake/bootleg figure. It was not, but he just felt so cheap to me. I had NA He-Man, which I liked a lot!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Great usage of parts... I like it...
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

I would love to see him as the next NA figure!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

yeah! he'd be awesome, i really would like one. i think all the NA figures were badly made though, so awful looking - i'm sure in that respect the motuc version will look nothing like it.

Man, there are just so many figures that can be made from Trap Jaw legs, the Man E Faces crotch, and the Kronis arms.

Great mock-up! I will happily accept Tuskador into my home when he gets made.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    The tusks are only part of his armor, there is a real human being underneath.
    You want to know how he uses those tusks? here is an example for ya:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-triumphs.html
    Thanks Mike.

Each to his own but I'd be asking for a more useful suit of armor with offensive capability if I was joining an elite army.

Anyway, very good mock up showing how to recreate the old NA figure into MOTUC style.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Each to his own but I'd be asking for a more useful suit of armor with offensive capability if I was joining an elite army.
    Wait, are you trying to apply logic to character designs in MOTU?

I think that's a great mock-up. I think Tuskador will be a great character for the line some day. He's definitely one of my favorite NA designs.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Tuska who? Like Spectror already mentioned I'd rather have a Snout Spout before this guy.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I haven't gotten to my NA DVDs yet, so I have no idea who this is, but I'd buy him!

they could make the shoulderpads be attached at the torso like Trap Jaw's Chest Armor. It would limit the shoulder Articulation a little bit on Tuskador unfortunately.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.