Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tuskador in MOTUC speculation thread.

I tell you man, I never liked Tuskador's design. Actually to be fair, I hated it. But to be really fair he was at least the only really interesting NA Hero beside Sagitar. So he get's a pass for that reason.

I mean, I give Icarius(flipshot) and Hydron a pass because how often they were in teh toon, and they were strongly "Air & Water" and that's cool I guess. But the rest of the heros? Booring. And maybe I'm crazy but the robot always looked like garbage as well, though robots are conceptually cooler than just "dudes".

So though I am in no way excited about or worried about actually getting Tuskador, at least he'd be a notable addition to the line up. I'd rather get him than Vizar & Notcurna & Spinwit (though the cartoon at least gave me a feel for Spinwit) or any other hero I can think of other than Sagitar.

What would he be called thought? Tuskador or Incizor or whatever?

So, I'm going to use this thread to be a little melodramatic .

Now that Mara has won the fan poll at NYCC, I feel like the odds are really stacked against Tuskador ever getting made for this line (and Darius too, for that matter).

First hurdle to make it past is for the 2015 sub to go through, which is no guarantee. We all thought this time last year that 2014 would be a cake walk, and it turned out being just as hard (if not harder) than it was to get the 2013 sub to go through.

Assuming 2015 goes through, still no Tusky for that entire year (as we would have to assume based on the reason for this poll). So that pushes him at the very least to 2016. If Mattel attempts the sub model for 2016, they probably won't use him as "sub bait," so he probably wouldn't be in that protective shell that Q1 2016 figures would be in that they'd still get made if the sub doesn't go through. And if the sub model in 2016 is abandoned, we can likely expect fewer characters released per year. To be fair, I think characters like Lord Masque, Darius, Tuskador, and Illumina should get made first since they were the "miss congeniality" runners-up in the Mr./Ms. Eternia contests . But there is no guarantee of that.

All of which makes me very disappointed and not very hopeful that this guy will get made. Life will go on, but a little less brightly without this figure in my life . Seriously though, I'm bummed that he might not get made but I know it's not as bad as some other characters that will much more certainly never get made. I guess I have to make my concession call to the Mara fans now .

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    So, I'm going to use this thread to be a little melodramatic .

Now that Mara has won the fan poll at NYCC, I feel like the odds are really stacked against Tuskador ever getting made for this line (and Darius too, for that matter).

First hurdle to make it past is for the 2015 sub to go through, which is no guarantee. We all thought this time last year that 2014 would be a cake walk, and it turned out being just as hard (if not harder) than it was to get the 2013 sub to go through.

Assuming 2015 goes through, still no Tusky for that entire year (as we would have to assume based on the reason for this poll). So that pushes him at the very least to 2016. If Mattel attempts the sub model for 2016, they probably won't use him as "sub bait," so he probably wouldn't be in that protective shell that Q1 2016 figures would be in that they'd still get made if the sub doesn't go through. And if the sub model in 2016 is abandoned, we can likely expect fewer characters released per year. To be fair, I think characters like Lord Masque, Darius, Tuskador, and Illumina should get made first since they were the "miss congeniality" runners-up in the Mr./Ms. Eternia contests . But there is no guarantee of that.

All of which makes me very disappointed and not very hopeful that this guy will get made. Life will go on, but a little less brightly without this figure in my life . Seriously though, I'm bummed that he might not get made but I know it's not as bad as some other characters that will much more certainly never get made. I guess I have to make my concession call to the Mara fans now .
    I seriously feel with/for you and before that vote was announced i really thought Mara, Darius and Tuskador were on the new road map for sure along with Flogg, Crita, and at least Lizzor or Staghorn.

i was totally upset when i saw they put those three up against each other because it meant there were't many NA characters scheduled at the first place.

And your idea of runner ups is perfect, i think thatīs what they should consider. Tuskador had almost as many votes as Mara had so he is wanted, Darius had the prototype so he should get his chance as well. Illumina and Masque were close as well to getting a MOTUC figure so we have at least five figures and iīm sure in the 200X era are some characters who wonīt get a figure or we get a new vote for kamikaze or NYTF 2013 and that runner up would make a half year of figures!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I have to say, I'm really please with Tusky's performance in the 2016 character polls. Out of 700 choices, he wound up at #14, and the highest ranking NA character at that. That gives me some hope that he will still get made. The 4 that made up the top 20 (Tuskador, Crita, Lizzor, and Quakke) and Sagitar and Darius should all definitely get made. If that ends up happening then I know this line will be very well rounded and near-complete!
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I would wish that mattel get it in their heads that the NA figures are must this was an all inclusive line. My feelings towards all NA figures in the MOTUC line is they are all awsome, and nothing like the original NA figures. Which makes them all a must for me and my collection. I personally voted for tuskador inscissor, becuase I want to see the 4HM do him justice and great.
    My wants:Evil Seed, Calix, Hungra,Sneer, Veena, Lady Slither