Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible good news for mini comic fans...

Possible good news for mini comic fans...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/1311042706
    Posted March 07, 2010 04:06 PM Hide Post
    "The Wun-Dar art was new, the Trap Jaw art came from a vintage source.

We are looking into way to re-release the old mini comics, but not as pack-ins with the figures. Stay tuned.

-Scott"
    Saw this on the "ask matty" section of the mattycollector forum
    Last edited by ByThePowerOf...; March 7, 2010 at 11:55pm.

Amazing news!!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Would be cool to see them in a reprint. I own every comic and mini comic already but would love to see them released again, lets just hope it isn`t a huge price tag for the book or books

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Would be cool to see them in a reprint. I own every comic and mini comic already but would love to see them released again, lets just hope it isn`t a huge price tag for the book or books
    I don't illude myself Brent,unfortunately everything on Matty comes with a high price tag!!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That's awesome! I wonder how they'll release them? A GIANT book with all the minis, individual minis, print them as full-sized comics, CD or DVD, PDFs or digital comics in their museum...the possibilities are endless!

I hope for printed, not digital, versions on the highquality paper.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Awesome news! They should release them all as a book like the art book. But in a way so I can purchase it and not as an exclusive 3000 miles away from me.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

sounds neato but i hope the quality is better than the tru pack reprints .
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    sounds neato but i hope the quality is better than the tru pack reprints .
    Their quality isn't good? Nobody has really mentioned them and I'm mega-excited to get them.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    I don't illude myself Brent,unfortunately everything on Matty comes with a high price tag!!
    Right you are Bruno! I think I meant not too high of a pice tag, although I spent hundreds putting together my classic MOTU comic collection but whats another hopefully LESS than $100 eh?

Drat! For a second there I thought we had news on BRAND NEW mini-comics ...

Sweet news. Mainly considering it looks like I either tried to eat the mini comics I had as a kid, or they barely survived a nuclear holocaust.

Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I had a very nicely kept collection of nearly all the vintage mini-comics, and they all drowned in Hurricane Katrina, so this is very exciting news. Let's hope it's something that is made available to all fans and not some type of convention exclusive.
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

I hope if a compilation is released it's not an SDCC exclusive limited to 1,000 copies.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

A big fan of Slush Head
    This sounds awesome!! I hope we hear something about this soon.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    The real question is how inclusive would a TPB be? Would it include the Power Of point Dread/Danger at Castle Grayskull record & Book or the Power of the Evil Horde & audio cassette recordings? Or the four NA mini comics? PoP? Even if they did four mini comic pages per TBP page that would be a large collection with a CD! Ultimately whatever they do I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. I guess I'm greedy because I want the absolute best! At the end of the day all of this stuff (except for a couple pop minis) are up on the .ORG and on my hard drive...I can't help but think that if a TPB was released Mattel would force He-Man.Org to take all that stuff down...
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Well, it's really GREAT news!!!
    And I really hope for a trade paperback containing all of the mini-comics,
    that would be incredibly cool!

I think it should be sold exclusively at mattycollector.com at first, NOT at a con.
    with at the very least a production run of 10,000 because it'll sell out fast worldwide for sure.

The mini-comics are the most important history of MOTU because it was the very first story ever written about MOTU and it came with every single vintage figure. Everyone knows about the mini-comics!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

That's a really great news!!!

Can't wait for the mini-comics!

The next step will be to see the release of totaly new mini comics

Yes!!!!
    That is promising news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    The real question is how inclusive would a TPB be? Would it include the Power Of point Dread/Danger at Castle Grayskull record & Book or the Power of the Evil Horde & audio cassette recordings? Or the four NA mini comics? PoP? Even if they did four mini comic pages per TBP page that would be a large collection with a CD! Ultimately whatever they do I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. I guess I'm greedy because I want the absolute best! At the end of the day all of this stuff (except for a couple pop minis) are up on the .ORG and on my hard drive...I can't help but think that if a TPB was released Mattel would force He-Man.Org to take all that stuff down...
    That's a safe bet.
    It would be interesting though, as I believe the majority fo fans would still buy a printed collection of the minicomics. People want the physical object and I believe our archival digital copies would hardly hurt the sales of such book.

About the Power of the Evil Horde and Power of Point Dread... well those aren't actually minicomics, and their format really conflict with the others. You would end up with some pages framed in white or something, totally not the best solution IMO.

About the quality of the printed book, unless Mattel has recovered original films for the minis, I don't think we stand any chance to see them in better quality. They woul still have to scan some original printed copy and just go with that.
    That also mean weshoulnd't expect bigger or giant version of the minis.
    You can't just blow up the scans without loosing quality. People must be prepared to that or they will be very disappointed.

Finally there is the old problem where it looks like they can't do books at all.
    And the only way to do it is the lmited 1000 copies for charity given away at single events (these are Mattel self-imposed rules), like the art book. I don't know how they could do that differently.

hope in a library with one set including all the mini comics, and I hope it will not be limited as the art book, but even here they are for sale at matty and available for all please!

Heroic Warrior
    As much as I love the old mini-comics, I really don't see the interest in releasing the SAME mini-comics once again ! EXCEPT if the art is improved. Some of the mini-comics were really poor art and design-wise, and even sometimes story-wise.

All of them are already downloadable !

What would be really cool would be NEW mini-comics, with some stories related to new unique characters (King Grayskull, He-Ro, Wun-Dar, Gygor, Count Marzo...).

But will Mattel do this ? I hope so... it would be just GREAT !

Now, the questions are : at what price ? With what kind of availability ? And with what kind of quality ?

Could Val and Emiliano be empowered with the art of some mini-comics ? THAT would guarantee excellence !

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post

Finally there is the old problem where it looks like they can't do books at all.
    And the only way to do it is the lmited 1000 copies for charity given away at single events (these are Mattel self-imposed rules), like the art book. I don't know how they could do that differently.
    that's my initial fear, it's announced we're excited it's an sdcc only limited run.

Mattel: We can't do more than that.

Us: why not:

Mattel: Because we told ourselves we're not allowed to.

Us:
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    As much as I love the old mini-comics, I really don't see the interest in releasing the SAME mini-comics once again ! EXCEPT if the art is improved. Some of the mini-comics were really poor art and design-wise, and even sometimes story-wise.
    Still many people would love to have a collection of the original ones, no matter how bad some of them were drawn.
    Having someone redrawing them is really not cost effective.

But will Mattel do this ? I hope so... it would be just GREAT !
    Nope, they won't it has been said many times: current budget for MOTUC and sales (as good as they are) don't allow new minicomics.

Could Val and Emiliano be empowered with the art of some mini-comics ? THAT would guarantee excellence !
    We've discussed this many times as well. Unfortunately Mattel isn't interested in working with our team on any project at the moment.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, then, Emiliano, I don't think reissuing all the mini-comics, in limited amount and with no improvement, is such a great marketing idea...

Mattel is still playing poor and cheap, and it sucks. What's even worse to me is that they don't even want to work with your team ! And yet, you've been Mattel licensees ! And your comics were SOOO much BETTER than most of the old mini-comics...

I'd give a lot to see how you could revisit the old mini-comics and even create new ones... More wishes on the boulevard of broken dreams, I guess...

Awesome!!!!!

I always wanted them all but too expensive to get them all. Tale of Teela nad the ultimate battleground are huge by themselves.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone