Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan "Fearless Photog" Bitner needs our help? - Official Fearless Photog Thread

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar

Nathan "Fearless Photog" Bitner needs our help? - Official Fearless Photog Thread

While compiling information to stuff into a satirical Photog-related website of my creation, I came across a site that appears to be related to the actual Nathan Elery Bitner and his family. You can get the full details by visiting my aforementioned site (www.fearlessphotog.com).

P.S. Sorry mods. Wasn't sure where this post was most relevant.
    Last edited by Ghost of Vapor; June 23, 2011 at 08:41pm.
    Get Over HERE!: Visit www.retro-daze.com

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    LOVE IT !
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    If the guy would get a hold of Toyguru or 4H or something he can work out a deal on the rights to make Photog a MOTUC figure reality. He can make some money right there for his dogs. MAKE IT HAPPEN SOMEBODY.

That site is awesome!

Poor dogs.

Strange, in the past it never seemed as though he had much interest in MOTU these days. Are we sure it's really him?

Not that I care if I can get a shirt of my forum name.

I've been wondering why Mattel hasn't contacted Nathan about making Photog into a figure. It's a figure people want. Perhaps now would be a very good time for both parties to talk.

From the little I do know about all of this (probably less than what everyone else here knows), something about this irks me.

He apparently had some serious money/credit troubles in the past, and while I understand hardship (went through plenty as a kid), I don't understand this. The ASPCA will treat animals at their hospitals for free or next to nothing, and 9 times out of 10, the care is infinitely better than what you get going to a private vet or for-profit animal hospital. (I have dogs, so I'm speaking from experience).

Something about this just seems weird.

On the other hand, he could sell mattel the rights for $30,000 or something and be in a bit better shape financially.

I do not understand how mattel doesn't own photog free and clear. I mean, that had to be part of the contest rules, right?

He'd be the perfect sub bonus figure next year.
    Last edited by bcrduke; May 25, 2010 at 06:35pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    All he has to do is post on Mattycollector forums. Toyguru even said something on there about how he would talk with the creators of these contest characters if they would come forward on there or something to that effect. I can't really remember what he said exactly so we'll have to search for the thread there.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Well, Mattel should be able to buy the rights for pretty cheap off him, so they should get to contacting...

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    From the little I do know about all of this (probably less than what everyone else here knows), something about this irks me . . . Something about this just seems weird.
    All of their dogs having veterinary bills for thousands of dollars for undisclosed ailments at the same time defies credulity.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    All he has to do is post on Mattycollector forums. Toyguru even said something on there about how he would talk with the creators of these contest characters if they would come forward on there or something to that effect. I can't really remember what he said exactly so we'll have to search for the thread there.
    I was just about to post pretty much this same post cuz I also remember that but not exactly what he said.

God, what a great .org exclusive he would make! Especially if they're trying to make the convention exclusives more known characters.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I am a little skeptical myself, though they do provide a phone number that is supposedly that of the vet clinic for those like us. Still, it was worth talking about here, so I figured why not get us talking about it.

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    photog could actually use alot of existing parts with just a few new pieces.

thanks for the link to that site,

any chance that the shirt creators could make a blue t-shirt with just the emblem across the front like this
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

Wow, that's amazing! I'm happy to see Nathan has a sense of humor about his character, if it really is Nathan's site-- but it seems like it might be. I figured he had no interest at all after reading the Nathan Bitner Saga and all the forum posts on X-Entertainment-- which is still one of the best things I've read on the internet. I think it would be incredible if Nathan sold the rights and Mattel actually made a Fearless Photog- such a great follow up to what happened in the 80's.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I was just about to post pretty much this same post cuz I also remember that but not exactly what he said.

God, what a great .org exclusive he would make! Especially if they're trying to make the convention exclusives more known characters.
    Found it!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...816#3441031816

Toyguru posted: "As cool as Photog and the other top characters from that fan contest are, the terms of that contest have long since expired. If anyone knows the creators we'd love to get in contact with them!"
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

What a terrible figure IMO. I feel all of the figures from that contest are junk. I hope they never get made personally.

Other than as an "inside joke fan thing" I've never seen the figure as being "cool". I'm not against them making it if other people want it, but I don't see where people would be for this character but against Unemployeed Skeletor. Although I'd be more into buying an Unemployeed Skeletor, Photog is still just a "fan figure" to me that I wouldn't want. That one pretty much goes right up the on the do not want list along with Peekablue, Perfuma, Clawdeen, and the like.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Warrior
    On the other hand, he could sell mattel the rights for $30,000 or something and be in a bit better shape financially.
    Well, it seems to me Mattel has never shown much interest so far in making Fearless Photog...

So who says Mattel would be ready to pay him for the rights to Fearless Photog ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Well, it seems to me Mattel has never shown much interest so far in making Fearless Photog...

So who says Mattel would be ready to pay him for the rights to Fearless Photog ?
    Simple. Because they could make $$$.

Poor doggies. Maybe somebody should donate some ammo.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Heroic Warrior
    Simple. Because they could make $$$.
    Hum... Personally, from the comments gathered about Fearless Photog from Toyguru, I don't think Mattel is really interested in Fearless Photog, nor are they convinced that a Fearless Photog would bring them big bucks.

And I can understand why : some fans on the forum think Fearless Photog looks quite horrible...

My suggestion would be to release him as some kind of exclusive. I mean, come on, if they were able to make the terrible Mo-Larr, they should be able to give a small space to Fearless Photog too, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Vapor View Post
    While compiling information to stuff into a satirical Photog-related website of my creation, I came across a site that appears to be related to the actual Nathan Elery Bitner and his family. You can get the full details by visiting my aforementioned site (www.fearless-photog.com).

P.S. Sorry mods. Wasn't sure where this post was most relevant.
    I just PM'ed you what appears to be his contact INFO. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Losgar View Post
    I'm happy to see Nathan has a sense of humor about his character, if it really is Nathan's site-- .
    So there is no further confusion on this, the "Photog" site is mine. Only the site pertaining to the dogs is Nathan's. I simply link to it from my site. I have no clue what he thinks about this.

My feedback thread.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm looking forward to seeing an actual figure done by the 4h of photog. i'd buy.

Seems funny to me to go on a website and ask for donations to pay bills. My dog had alot of vet bills in the end. I have bills for the internet and my car and University etc. Maybe I should make a website asking for donations to fund my life lol.

As for Photog, no thanks! At least not in the sub.

Yeah, there's something slightly askew about all of this. And what's with selling Photog shirts? I know Mattel is mired in the rights issue....but does Bitner have the rights to sell merchandise?