Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not really collecting the 200x characters in the line?

Anyone else not really collecting the 200x characters in the line?

For some reason I think the 200x MOTUC characters are cool in their own right, but they just don't seem to fit in my collection or in my idea of what my collection should look like. I was born in 1985 and loved the vintage toys, cartoon, comic, and story line and then the new adventures came out when I was growing up and I liked most of those character and collected those figures as a kid. I never got into the 200x series or characters like Keldor, Count Marzo, Zodak, etc. Some of the back stories and sculpts are neat, but I am definately going to pass on EVERY 200x character. The only one I was on the fence about was King Grayskull and I really don't like the idea of him looking so much like He-Man even though he has a cool back story. I told myself the only way I would purchase him is if his re-issue comming out is hands down way better then the first release. A positive is at least having the 200x characters in the line makes it so I don't have to buy every figure every month. I am happy with my collection looking very VINTAGE with all the characters I remember growing up with.

I was born in 74 and I am obsessed with everything MOTU. I will buy absolutely anything they make.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Court Magician
    I was born in 1976 and I love all MOTU eras! To each their own though...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I was born in 74 and I am obsessed with everything MOTU. I will buy absolutely anything they make.
    I totally agree. MOTUC is a celebration of all MOTU eras.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Ditto to everything you said!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I was born in 1975 and.....um..what was the question again?
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Intersting I am one of the younger guys by about a decade liking MOTU.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I know this is getting redundant, but I love all MOTU eras as well. I am REALLY PUMPED that we are getting some great 200X characters in this line!!! Count Marzo looks to be one of my favorites from the line so far. Bring more 200X on!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    Intersting I am one of the younger guys by about a decade liking MOTU.
    I've always wondered what the average age of the orgers is, someone ought to start a thread about it.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I was born in 1971, so I got to ride along with many of the big lines that hit. I was in the age range through the 80s to remember all of it. By the time 1984 rolled along I was pretty well converting to being a collector more than a kid playing with toys. I did drop the line before it ended due to hitting that "I'm suppose to give up toys" age. I think the attempt to stop buying toys lasted maybe 6 months though.

When the anniversary stuff hit I was looking at it and watching this site. I wasn't interested in getting the vintage stuff. It was great in it's time but nothing I care for now. Once the 200x stuff hit though, I was all over it. Mattel is the only one that made me stop collecting it.

So yeah I'll want the 200x version more than the vintage when Mattel allows it. I like the head swaps since it gives vintage fans their look and also allows the 200x look the be created. My Merman has the other head on him as well as Whiplash will have the 200x head.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Since I was born in 85, and if you do the math by the time I was old enough to enjoy the figures/cartoon it was pretty much off the shelves of retail. My local video stores had a large collection of the filmation VHS tapes that I would rent on a regular bascis. My mom often took me to local thrift stores as a child and I pieced together a pretty impressive vintage collection growing up. I also collected a ton of the Golden Book and other various motu books, puzzles, and other items from the second hand stores as a kid. I was however able to purchase the new adventurs toys at retail and still have all my figures and the card backs which i loved to collect as a kid.

Your point is valid! Every fan had their own personal interest in MOTU. For some, it's only the MOTU 80's BOY'S toyline, for some it's that and POP, for others it's NA only, and most are welcoming to the 200X stuff.

I was born in '75, and my interest with the action figures is based totally on the stories and characters they represent. I want ALL characters from all eras. So, I'm mostly a very happy camper with this line!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'm getting everything. It's all MotU so it's all fantatstic.

Nope. I'm in this for Masters of the Universe Classics and so far, all characters released and announced for the Classics line are Masters of the Universe Classics figures so I'm happy with them all.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Born in 1973, myself (in the interest of keeping that going in the thread...).

Honestly, the 200x designs are often my favorites, so I am very glad to see the never-done 200x characters in this line. Count Marzo is probably my most anticipated figure of the year.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I was born in 1978. So far I've only been buying the Classics figures that had a toy in the old MOTU line. But if they ever got the rights to Filmation characters I would buy them too.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

I was going to pass on 200X characters. I skipped King Grayskull the 1st time around. Not because I don't like the characters but because I didn't like how they were made to look as if they had figures made in the 80's.

I caved in and got Zodak. And now I'll be getting all of them I can. I'm actually kind of glad I skipped King Grayskull. It sounds like the reissue will be a big improvement. Though it would be nice to have that Castle Grayskull display. Odds are that is the only Castle Grayskull we'll be getting in this line.

As far as I'm concerned, everything is now one line, MOTUC, and in MOTUC the different "eras" don't really exist. Grayskull and Zodak aren't 200X figures, they're MOTUC figures.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Born in 75 also... I Love ALL things MOTU related, and want to see as much of it incorporated into MOTUC as possible, including concepts never used, brand new ideas, and pitched storylines (Magicats, Bravestar, and He-Ro, Son of He-Man). I would love to see the line last long enough to get everything that everybody wants, and I will gladly take it all.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I was born in '78 and loved collecting and playing with the vintage figures as a kid however it was the 200X cartoon that renewed my interest in MOTU and is a large part of why I collect MOTUC.

As such I love seeing the 200X figs merged with the vintage line and I aim to collect everything I can.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I was not a fan of she-ra or NA but i'm very excited that motuc is going to make all the motu figures & some that never were made. I hope they go all the way with this line.

Elder Councilman
    I was born the year He-Man debuted on toy shelves: 1982( no need to dispute me folks, I have physical photograph proof).

That said, I'll take anything MOTU; despite my lack of love for the NA series, I love the toys, and gladly include them in my collection. I plan to eventually snag the vintage POP figures too. I collected the 2002 line when it came out.

So yeah, I want everything

The way I see it is this: no matter how much someone thinks this or that "fits or doesn't fit" in MOTU, it's my 2nd favorite property of all time for a simple reason-- it all started with a toy line.

They've done so incredibly much, based on little more than an incredibly awesome toys.

Again, I want everything.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Some people just can't accept that Masters Of the Universe has grown and changed. If it hadn't , do you really think we'd have the Classics line today?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Born in 1980 here. I don't really like the 200x cartoon, mostly because of the shift from "Land of magic with some technology" to "Land of technology that works like magic", but I do appreciate that the series tried to create a full and busy world in which the characters grew and developed.

That being said, I enjoy getting all of the figures, enjoy piecing together this new story, and so long as I get the 80's styled figures eventually they can throw in there as many Marzos and Zodaks as they'd like.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I donīt care about ages. I was on vintage, I was on 200X, Im on Classics. I never was onto POP or NA, but now Im learning to love that characters. All is a complex mythology and Ill collect everything.

For example, Chief Carnivus is a character that I donīt care, but I love Count Marzo, Calix, King Graykull, Battle Lion, Queen Veena, Oracle and all the new info that MYP and Valīs comics give to old characters. Ignoring 200X is ignore a part of MOTU.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove