Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not really collecting the 200x characters in the line?

I think not collecting thes 200x characters is an error IMO unless you already have them in the previous toy line.

The 200x cartoon was the best for me and the 200X characters are really cool to my eyes.

The 200x figures in the MOTUC line will probably be one of my favorites just as King grayskull is and as Count Marzo will.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yup, there are fans who skip the 200X characters.

But I'm not one of them.

I was born in '75 and although I was collecting MOTU from the beginning in '82 (I love Pre-Filmation; it's my second favorite era next to 200X), I thought 200X took the MOTU that I knew and loved as a kid and made it even better by leaps and bounds for me as an adult. I'm all about improvement and I'm not as held by my childhood feelings as some of the other fans. If a better modern idea for an old nostalgic character presented itself, then I'm all for change, by all means make an old concept even better today.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I've always wondered what the average age of the orgers is, someone ought to start a thread about it.
    I gonna assume that most MOTU fans are in their 30's, although 200X and Classics did bring in new generations of fans.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 26, 2010 at 08:07am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I grew up on the original series, but I consider the 2002 series the definitive He-Man series.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I pick and choose from ALL eras. Raised on Filmation and vintage toys, but appreciate the improvements from 200X... Clawul, Buzz Off, Webstor, Whiplash, Snout Spout, Mossman come to mind. Can't wait for Marzo, Keldor (even if he has the crappy half swords) the KG rerelease and other non-vintage MOTU characters.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I don't understand why people would choose to collect MOTUC but not buy the 200x characters?

It's like a fan who prefers 200x saying he/she wouldn't buy a Garn figure or a Darkdream or a Procrustus or a Granamyr just because they were not written into the MYP toon. Strange.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    I am happy with my collection looking very VINTAGE with all the characters I remember growing up with.
    i liked the 200X toon and toys but i'm with you. i'm only collecting vintage characters in the motuc line.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I don't understand why people would choose to collect MOTUC but not buy the 200x characters? It's like a fan who prefers 200x saying he/she wouldn't buy a Garn figure or a Darkdream or a Procrustus or a Granamyr just because they were not written into the MYP toon. Strange.
    that analogy makes perfect sense to me, actually. if someone had a strong preference for the 200X series, then it wouldn’t seem confusing at all if they chose not to collect characters who only appeared in the 80s toon.
    Last edited by eternia23; May 26, 2010 at 10:32am.

All for it. Bring on 200X characters.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Age has nothing to do with liking new series or not.
    I was born in the late '70's and I like the MOTU 200X series a lot!
    I find the new animation a lot more mature in story which is part of our culture since the 90's. Another animation that I like better than the original is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but that's an unfair comparison since it's in a way an older story since the new show is based on the original comics from 1984.

I gave up on collecting the vintage MOTU line and the 200X line and sold them all for the new MOTUC line. I had to save space and prefer the updated look & articulation of the MOTUC line. I'm really glad we also get 200X exclusive characters in MOTUC, and I'm happy with the characters we got so far; King Grayskull, Zodak, Kronis, Keldor, Count Marzo, and another new unannounced 200X in 2010 which could be Chief Carnivus. I like all of the incarnations and properties of MOTU and welcome them all!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im probably the oldest one here! Born in 1971! that makes me Eldor!!! eek!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

While there's plenty I didn't like about MYP and MOTU 200X in general, I can't wait to get some of the awesome characters created during that era.

Bring on:

Lord Dactys
    Ceratus
    Cheif Carnivus
    The Faceless One
    Prahvus
    The Oracle

There really are many great characters from MYP, and I hope we get them all.

I've tried watching the 200x toon and could never really get into it. Maybe it is the animation they use or maybe it is that all of the characters look a lot different than the vintage property... whatever the reason may be I associate the 200x characters in the MOUC line with this and therefore have no interest in collecting them to display with my other figures. I think that is the best stated reason I can give on why I wouldnt want these figures in my collection, although I did admit that characters like Keldor are definately cool and may have interesting back stories which other fans probably love.

I'm ignoring 200X, just going for vintage.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

if it in MOTUC im getting it. but as far as teh 200X figure, thats easy for me, b/c i loved that show and miss it. Never watched NA or POP(ok a little). But having our first NA Classic figure and Adora from the begining of the year, its all easy buys for me.

(Other than explaining about the POP figures i will have lol, thank god no rooted hair.)
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I had some but they were so really bad that now I have just zero, and dont want to see them again in my house.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

I was born in '86. I grew up thinking New Adventures was just "He-Man." Small coincidence my first successful Matty MOTUC purchase was Optikk. Anyway, I'll be buying every 200X character that I don't already have. I wanted Moss Man and I want Marzo, but I passed on Zodak.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I don't understand why people would choose to collect MOTUC but not buy the 200x characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by eternia23 View Post
    that analogy makes perfect sense to me, actually. if someone had a strong preference for the 200X series, then it wouldn’t seem confusing at all if they chose not to collect characters who only appeared in the 80s toon.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well the other way around.

Unlike only collecting all the vintage MOTU, POP or NA characters, you wouldn't have much of a collection with only Grayskull, Zodak, Marzo and Keldor. The only way collecting only 200X would have worked is if the line were inspired by 200X, instead of the vintage line OR if we got 200X versions of all of the characters, instead of the most radically changed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Im 25, I fell in love with He-Man and POP because of my older brother and sister. I love that MOTC is bringing together so many generations. Having said that I will pass on some characters but not simply because they are 200X it has more to do with a personal choice of wether I like them or not. To each his own!
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    There are also quite a few things that I don't like about the 200x and MYP stuff but some of it is great. I'll always prefer Filmation because that's what I grew up with and I prefer that type of hand drawn animation/artwork rather than computer animation.

The only characters I will skip out on are ones that I completely despise. King Grayskull and Prince Adam are the main ones that comes to mind. The only good that came out of King Grayskull imo, is it made Hordak EVEN better to me because Hordak killed off that character. Just as our friends have recently discussed on the podcasts, those are the reasons I too despise King Grayskull. I will not have a King Grayskull in my collection. And 200x Prince Adam, no way. Thank god they did this SDCC version they are doing. That's the Prince Adam I want, not the scrawny, punk ass kid one.

Zodak I also do not own. I have a Zodac MOTUC figure but not a Zodak. I may get one eventually but not really a priority to me. He was cool and everything but he's not the Zodac I had back in the day in my collection, on my He-Man blanket, and whatever other merchandise. It felt as if they made him into a replica Mace Windu character and I just didn't like that at all at the time of 200x. And anyways, Clamp Champ is my bad ass black guy in MOTU, not Zodac/k.

And Keldor, I'm not too thrilled about either. I may get him, I may not. Skeletor was just always Skeletor to me. I don't particularly like this origin of him. To me he was a true evil demon from another dimension of Infinita. Definitely not related to anyone in the royal family and seeking revenge on them. That is just terrible and way too played out. Why can't Skeletor just be a power hungry, magical overlord of evil wanting to rule the universe the way I always knew him to be and not "Keldor of the house of Randor" or whatever crap they want to push. Crap to that.

I can tell you some 200x stuff that I am dying for though! Count Marzo and Evil Seed! Both well done Filmation throwback characters revamped for the 200x series. I love what they did with them. The 3 evil giants I'm also looking forward to in the same scale of the recent Tytus figure. This way I can have my Council of Evil!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

At this point I mainly want to complete most of the characters from the first few vintage waves. I like King Grayskull a lot, as well as other characters, but I'm not sure if I need many more 200x characters in my own collection. Unless it's all in one package--2 heads, weapons, etc--I don't know that I'll be interested. For instance, I don't really care of they make a 2002 Evil-Lyn anymore. The one we have is beautiful, and it's the one I grew up with anyway.
    I'm still more likely to buy 200x characters over the other eras though.

Heroic Warrior
    Born In 1974. Been with MOTU from the very beginning. Love It All & Want It All!!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    Intersting I am one of the younger guys by about a decade liking MOTU.
    I was born in 1983. I actually like the story line they did for 200x MOTU. I like the way some of their figures look compared to the early 80's one. I would of rather had a purple hue skinned Evil-Lyn than the yellow looking one. But thats just me.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I'm ignoring 200X, just going for vintage.
    Quote! For me the 200x series not exist, i don't like the design of characters, the envrionment of cartoon, the history, definitely all!

Probably should clarify that my question above was in relation to why MOTUC fans would not collect the 'created-for' 200x figures (ie King Grayskull, Carnivas, Slime Pit Mutants, etc). I didn't mean the 200x re-imaginings of vintage characters like teen Prince Adam or Egyptian Sorceress (or even Marzo) which I can understand why some fans may not prefer those looks when compared with the original.

For some people who only like a certain era, i.e. first 2 MOTU waves or FILMation, well that makes sense also as those fans may not even want all the vintage MOTU toys, just a selection.

Quote Originally Posted by eternia23 View Post
    that analogy makes perfect sense to me, actually. if someone had a strong preference for the 200X series, then it wouldnt seem confusing at all if they chose not to collect characters who only appeared in the 80s toon.
    In that case, would the strong preference 200x fan not be interested in figures of Zodac or Extendar or Ninjor or Blast Attak or Gwildor any of the vintage toys that never appeared in the 200x series? It's an interesting question indeed.

I'm a stoked for 200X characters and versions of characters as I am for Vintage greats such as the Rock People, Modulok, and Spikor!

I am so glad to have some of the awesome 200X details on figures (such as Webstor's extra legs. I'm hoping we see the trend continue with the additions of Sy-Klone's rings, Buzz-Off's extra arms, Stinkor's tanks, and Fisto's tiara .

I love Zodak and Count Marzo looks amazing, and I can't wait for the likes of Prahvus, Carnivous, Evilseed, Callix, Ceratus, Dactys, The Oracle, Battle Lion, Tuvar, Baddrah, Sor-Tek, The Faceless One, Skeletor's Bone Warriors, Odiphous, Dekker, Clawful's cousin and his pals, the three giants, and The Siren.

I'm also really hoping we get these versions of major characters:

-Jungle Attack He-Man
    -Ice Armor He-Man
    -Snake Armor He-Man
    -Fire (and Ice) Armor Skeletor
    -Snake Armor MAA
    -Snakemen MA
    -Snakemen Teela
    -Snakemen Mekaneck
    -200X Sorceress
    -200X/Young Prince Adam
    -200X/Young Evil Lyn

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting, too....

Bring it on!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Nintendo owns my life.
    Born in 1990 and love all era's of MOTU, despite not having any real contact with the series until 2002, well except for random yard sale figures (Slush-Heads so many Slush-Heads).

I'm looking forward to any and all MOTUC figures now that I have some extra money to kick around, trust me I was very bitter when I couldn't afford these figures. As 2002 is my favorite series I'd prefer characters to be based on those designs even though I know that won't happen ,heck I think the original Sorceress is goofy looking but I'll still buy her because I'm still very fond of the originals as well. Well maybe not the figure design of King Randor. But still my new Mer-Man has his alternate head on and so will Whiplash if I manage to get him.