Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else not really collecting the 200x characters in the line?

Getting 200X characters is a huge part of this line's appeal for me! I am so glad they're coming, and if you don't want them, GREAT, more Keldors and Marzos for me! Can't wait for the pure 200X guys like Carnivous and Faceless One though. Lord Dactys and Praavus will be sweet too.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I was born in '84 and had MOTU handed down to me. The hope of getting 200x characters and designs is pretty much the sole reason I'm collecting this line. Yeah I like most of the vintage designs too, but I've been there and done that. It's characters like Marzo, Keldor, and Faceless One (as well as mini comics characters, unmade prototype characters, etc.) that get me truly excited for this line. If this line was nothing but the vintage line with better sculpting and articulation I would no doubt pass.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

I personally didn't dislike the 200x cartoon/figures,infact I quite liked them for what they were and all but I'm glad this line isn't about those styles and characters so much. I want this line to get all the cool original characters out and some that we never got the first time round.

I was born in 1980 and grew up with the 2 Filmation series and vintage toys and to be honest thats what I prefer.

That said I don't mind there being the odd 200x inspired addition to the line for those that want them,for example the extra heads or weapons etc that have been included, but as for full actual versions of characters from 200x, I'm probably not going to collect those figures. Same with NA.

To me 'Classics' means Classic/vintage style not the newer only a few years old style of 200x.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulPjas View Post
    To me 'Classics' means Classic/vintage style not the newer only a few years old style of 200x.
    By 2012, 200X won't be "recent" anymore and it will be a decade old.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Born July 30th 1973.

I would love to collect this new line more then anything out there but Mattel has made it to hard to collect. I just don't have the time to buy these figures with the short time they are available. My only hope is to win the power ball or mega millions and buy them off EBay.

I'll pass on most NA and POP figures. I will buy most MOTU figures for the rest of the year. I will buy a subscription for next year and see how that goes. Most likely I will sell the NA and POP stuff I end up with. I am taking a wait and see approach with the 2000's line. I do not want Marzo, and may or may not buy Keldor.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    By 2012, 200X won't be "recent" anymore and it will be a decade old.
    I guess that's true yeah, it's actually weird to think how quickly time goes by! Although that all said, it still won't be 'Classics' to me. But I do have some appreciation for 200x.

Heroic Warrior
    I was born in 1979 and am oly interested in the originals. I would entertain an Optik if I thought I could make a ManE Faces custom out of it but I don't really have the time to try. Even the later motu figures like Tytus, multibot, etc. do nothing for me. I pretty much stopped caring for motu after Rio Blast.

I will buy Keldor just because of the back story.

Personally, I'm not really interested in seeing a great deal of 2K figures in MOTUC. While all the Original, Mini-Comic, POP and NA figures will be joining my collection, with 2k I'm deciding based on each figure offered. I skipped Zodak, and have no interest in King Grayskull, however I'm thinking of picking up a Keldor, and I am curious to see how Carnivus and the Faceless one turn out.

I was interested in Count Marzo, but now that I've seen him, IMHO he looks so 2K that I'm not sure he'll fit with my MOTUC collection. I was hoping he would be more of a blend of his MYP design with more classic design elements and inspiration, rather than looking almost exactly like his 2K appearance. He really looks like he just stepped right out of the show. I know this is what the 2K fans were hoping for, but for me I was hoping for something different. Now, if character concepts like Carnivus can be re-imagined to blend into MOTUC, by incorporating some of the original line's sense of design. I'd be interested in seeing Mattel mine the 2k property for unique characters to join the line.

When it comes to straight up 2K re-releases like another 2K He-Man, or Evil-Lyn, or Prince Adam those will be an easy pass for me. It's not that I didn't enjoy the 2K line, I have all of them. I'm just more interested in seeing MOTUC continue to reinvent and update figures from the earlier lines into this exciting new cohesive toy line, rather than add to my 2k collection. It can't be easy to satisfy so many fans with so many personal preferences and opinions on what MOTUC should be. I'm just glad It's been so successful, and hope it continues for many years. If the 2K figures don't turn out the way I'm hoping, I can always pass on those figures and give my poor wallet a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Personally, I'm not really interested in seeing a great deal of 2K figures in MOTUC. While all the Original, Mini-Comic, POP and NA figures will be joining my collection, with 2k I'm deciding based on each figure offered. I skipped Zodak, and have no interest in King Grayskull, however I'm thinking of picking up a Keldor, and I am curious to see how Carnivus and the Faceless one turn out.

I was interested in Count Marzo, but now that I've seen him, IMHO he looks so 2K that I'm not sure he'll fit with my MOTUC collection. I was hoping he would be more of a blend of his MYP design with more classic design elements and inspiration, rather than looking almost exactly like his 2K appearance. He really looks like he just stepped right out of the show. I know this is what the 2K fans were hoping for, but for me I was hoping for something different. Now, if character concepts like Carnivus can be re-imagined to blend into MOTUC, by incorporating some of the original line's sense of design. I'd be interested in seeing Mattel mine the 2k property for unique characters to join the line.

When it comes to straight up 2K re-releases like another 2K He-Man, or Evil-Lyn, or Prince Adam those will be an easy pass for me. It's not that I didn't enjoy the 2K line, I have all of them. I'm just more interested in seeing MOTUC continue to reinvent and update figures from the earlier lines into this exciting new cohesive toy line, rather than add to my 2k collection. It can't be easy to satisfy so many fans with so many personal preferences and opinions on what MOTUC should be. I'm just glad It's been so successful, and hope it continues for many years. If the 2K figures don't turn out the way I'm hoping, I can always pass on those figures and give my poor wallet a break.
    Totally agree here with all you said...you put it better than i did lol but thats pretty much how I am too.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Only Collecting Vintage

My only interest in this line are the vintage figures. You can keep POP, NA, 200X, etc. I am happy for all those that are enjoying the non-vintage figures, but for me, its all about the nastalgia of Christmas morning Circa 1983 of opening up Evil-Lyn!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I thought just buy some vintages and no repaint, no NA, no POP, no 200X, but when I see them... for me the best example is Optikk : I hate NA, but Optikk has changed my opinion on NA... but only in Motuc release !
    And anyway I think I am completist too.

But I would prefer Mattel buys Filmation rights to produce the characters from the cartoon in order to have a complete universe for the vintage line : characters from the cartoon and from the toyline.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm a big fan of the 200X series, but not really a fan of the 200X MOTUC figures. I did get King Grayskull and love him, and Zodak is cool. However, I have no interest in Keldor or Count Marzo.

It's not really that I have anything against 200X in the line (since I do have Grayskull and Zodak) but those two just don't look very good to me, and their characters, while interesting, don't really catch my attention.