• Snake Face

25 23.81%
  • Mantenna

12 11.43%
  • Optikk

43 40.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU "EVIL" Staring Contest

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

MOTU "EVIL" Staring Contest

Simple enough idea, four of the bad guys from MOTU/POP/NA whose main feature were their eyes locked in a staring contest to see who will blink first. Their Eyes and any powers in those eyes are all that is allowed for the fight, you vote for who you think will win. The contestants are:

Tri-Klops(Evil Warriors): Three Mechcanial eyes, one with Dista vision, one with X-Ray vision, and one with an optic blast, evil genius, he is allowed to turn his eye platform. Cannot use sword or doomseekers

(I voted for Tri-klops, thought he had the best chance)

Snake Face(Snakemen): Snakes for eyes who have two eyes each, may spit venom from fangs can turn other to stone until sun comes up of he changes them back, freezing don't count in this contest though he has to get them to blink. can't use snake hair, staff, sheild or chest snakes

Manteena(The Horde): strechy eyes, variety of powers within both eyes, can even flex them around his head, distortion ray, hypno ray, also a coward/bully. cannot use Horde bow or any other weapons.

Optikk(Evil Space Mutants): Big blinky eye for head, may possibly shot laser beams from it(not sur on this fact), not sure if actuualy has eyelid. can't use gun or sheild.

Also checkout these Contests:

War of the Warriors of Wind, a "Good" contest
    Wooden Log Tossing Contest, A "Good" Challenge for our Tusky Heroes
    Race across Rakash, a swim contest for Good and Evil

vote for the winner. Please give your opinion down below.
    Last edited by griffen112182; July 17, 2011 at 07:32pm. Reason: added figure images for those who are not sure who everyone is?
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

I vote for Mantenna.

I think he'd win with his ability to hypnotize his competitors. Although Tri-Klops' optic blasts might be a problem.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I voted Optikk since he has no eyelid.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Optikk, since he only has one eye. That's the least of all the eyes to blink.
    I think he probably is able to blink somehow
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I voted Optikk because you can't lose a blinking contest is you can't blink...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I voted Optikk because you can't lose a blinking contest is you can't blink...
    Ah, but Optikk can blink.

According to his bio, that's how he pronounces his name!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post

Yet, my evil comrade, it was never established how he could blink...or if "blink" means the same in his language as it does in human language. Perhaps the ones who have to blink to pronounce his name are we eyelid possessors...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yet, my evil comrade, it was never established how he could blink...or if "blink" means the same in his language as it does in human language. Perhaps the ones who have to blink to pronounce his name are we eyelid possessors...
    Perhaps...

Anyway, these characters can only use the power contained within their eyes or eye. So, Mantenna can use his hypnotism and Tri-Klops can use his optic-blasts. There really isn't much Optikk can do besides stare really hard at you. As for Snake Face, his ability to turn people into stone would seem to give him the upper-hand, but is that power attributed to his eyes or his grotesque appearance? If it's not attributed to his eyes, then he doesn't have much to contend with.

With these points made, I think Mantenna and Tri-Klops are the only one's with a possibility of winning this staring contest. Mantenna can hypnotize any of them with ease and put them to sleep, while Tri-Klops can blast them and at the very least cause them to look away.

I, too, voted for optikk due to the lack of an eyelid.

I don't think it was specified that the blinks are eyelid blinks. Could be a series of blinks from a light on his armor... just sayin'...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I voted for Tri-Klops. He can rotate which eye stares and which eye blinks.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

With Optikk, maybe the iris and pupil of his eye disappears and reappears when he blinks.

Snake face for me!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    MY vote is for ol' Tri-Klops
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

medusa's husband- Snake face

If they canīt use their eye power .... i would say Optikk.

But with this rules, i say Mantenna.

I'm going with Mantenna. If he pops those eyes out when no one's expecting it, he might punk them all out. He'll be like "made you flinch" in every round.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Thank you all for voting. I am glad my poll was a success. I wish I could have added some of the heroes but I don't remember any of them with their eyeballs as a major feature. Mekanek(MOTU), PeckaBlue(POP),and Vizor(NA) were the only ones I remember had vision powers. Meks was in his helmet, same for Vizor, and Peckablues power were in her tail feathers so that didn't work out for my plan. And the Comet Warriors didn't even have anyone even with the Meteorbs.

One question though: Does anyone know if Optikk had any powers at all? All I can remember is his ability to stare really hard and his desperate need for Visine? Did he even have any powers in his armor for that matter?

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Would have to go with Tri-Klops. He could just keep shooting ol Optikk's noggin until he gave up. Or maybe his eye beam has enough juice to pop that eyeball of his.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

please discuss this more!

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I voted Optikk since he has no eyelid.
    i couldnt agree more, surely if you dont have an eyelid you cant blink so therefore you couldnt possibly lose a staring comp, besides i cant ever remember anything that even resembled him blinking in NA.
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Snake Face's eyes are snakes, and snakes do not have eyelids, so it's at least possible he can't blink at all. Optikk's name is pronounced through a series of blinks, so either he can't say his own name or he can blink, and I'm guessing the latter.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

They ment blinking like a light not blinking with an eye lid.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for Optikk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    Snake Face's eyes are snakes, and snakes do not have eyelids, so it's at least possible he can't blink at all. Optikk's name is pronounced through a series of blinks, so either he can't say his own name or he can blink, and I'm guessing the latter.
    did a bit of basic research and will have to change my vote to snakeface,this is what i found.
    "No snakes do not close there eyes when they sleep, they have no eyelids. They do however have a ocular scale called the brille (eyecap - you can see it when your snake sheds). This brille offers some of the functions of the eyelid. It keeps the eyes moist, protects them etc. The brille is formed during the embrio stage when the upper and lower "eyelid" joins together. When the snake hatches its eyecap is fully formed and it goes through life without ever closing it's eyes."

so at the end of the day any snake man could woop in a staring comp.
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i dont think optikk can blink.