Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evil Mike's 3D Art

Evil Mike's 3D Art

Hi,

I am working on MotU 3D art for some time and now I wanted to show you my first achievements

I made the images using the program "Poser". I created the props and accessories with "3D Studio Max" and did some texturing using "Photoshop".

I hope you like the pics.

Unfortunately I did not accomplish to create fakers armor yet, but I won't give up working on it

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Hmm, it definitely is better than any 3-D fan art I've seen before. I especially like the detail on the weapons.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Adoras design is great !!
    http://killersha.deviantart.com/ Find all my MotU pics in the gallery !!

MOTUC want list :
    - SAUROD
    - TWISTOID / ROTAR
    - HE-SLAVE
    - CAMO KHAN
    - INDIAN FAKER

Excellent work! Can't wait to see the rest!
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Awesome!

Adora looks very realistic, and hot/sexy to boot! Were you sad when you had to clothe the body sculpt?

IMO, Fakers arms are a bit too small though. Look too thin and out of muscle proportion to his chest and legs....

Nice work!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Awesome!! Great job Adora is very cool!

Thank you so much for the great critics! I'll do my best to bring you more pics in the future .

@sdilks: Probably you are right. I have heard that in another forum, too. So I will try to improve it a bit.

I still have a general question. In my opinion Faker is always displayed a little too weak. In my imagination he is more the type of hardly destroyable, terminator-like android and a real match for He-Man. What do you think about that?

Illustrator for Hire Prince He-Dude's Avatar
    I like them alot. Can't wait to see your take on other characters.
    HEROIC ILLUSTRATOR FOR HIRE!
    My Webcomic:
    http://juviescomic.blogspot.com/

My DeviantArt page:
    http://kaos2007.deviantart.com/

www.kaosproduktionstudios.com

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evilmike View Post
    I still have a general question. In my opinion Faker is always displayed a little too weak. In my imagination he is more the type of hardly destroyable, terminator-like android and a real match for He-Man. What do you think about that?
    I would agree with you if Faker were built by skynet. But Faker was yet another failed attempt by Skelly, so not much was put into him. If you looka at any of the other robotic creations (with the exception of Roboto), they all are pretty weak. But even Roboto doesn't always hold up.

But considering Faker can somewhat stand up to He-man, even for a short period of time, that does make him pretty damn powerful. It's all a matter of perspective...

The great thing is, this is YOUR interpretation. You can have him as a little purple dwarf robot, or a hulking beast of a robot. I think yours is pretty close to what most perceive him as.

Still great work on your part, regardless!

I did have one more thing to say about Fakers body sculpt. If you look at the close up pic, he seems thinned out, like a very muscular teenager. He-man, to me, has always had the body of a power lifter. While your sculpt is fantastic, it seems like a younger version of the character. Not as fulled out with age.

Just a thought. Keep up the fantastic work!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdilks View Post
    I would agree with you if Faker were built by skynet. But Faker was yet another failed attempt by Skelly, so not much was put into him. If you looka at any of the other robotic creations (with the exception of Roboto), they all are pretty weak. But even Roboto doesn't always hold up.
    Only in the world of Filmation where He-man can sneeze on a robot and springs pop out.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Very nice work. I have had 3D modeling classes and I suck at it.
    Currently taking commissions, info is available on my website listed below.

Portfolio website: http://www.joshginter.org

Trader Review: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ighlight=bulun

How much actual modelling did you do on this? I know that Poser has pre modelled bodies you can use and dress.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

You are right, poser uses lots of pre modeled bodies and items. Unfortunately poser is incredibly limited if you want to model or alter props yourself. Because of that fact and the lack of MotU-styled items for poser I started to learn modelling in 3D Studio Max three month ago. So I am pretty new to modelling.
    The actual items which I modeled are all the weapons you see in the images, the wristbands, the belt and the furry loincloth an boots. For Faker's damaged body I also did some modelling. I created the headpiece of Spirit by texturing in Photoshop, but I will create a model for it, too.
    Last edited by evilmike; June 1, 2010 at 04:57pm.

This weekend I created a new addition to my MotU-aresenal. The powersword of the "New Adventures of He-Man".
    I made two versions. One looking like the actual toy and one that looks like the art from the vintage package and the comics.
    I changed the hilt al little bit, because I did not like the plain toy hilt.
    Hope you like it

Last edited by evilmike; June 1, 2010 at 05:19pm.

Great! The NA swords is very cool!

Have you considered using the "Freak" base figure rather than "Michael" for the male figures like Faker? Freak has a physique more like a MOTU figure than the other pre-made figures available for Poser.

Hey evilmike, just wanted to say those renders are fantastic, especially Adora's looks gorgious ! I mean her outfit looks like real vinyl, any chance we'll see you do Teela somewhere down the line?
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

@jimharnock: Yes, I considered the "Freak" model, too. But I took "Michael" first to try a more realistic look. I think, I will experiment with the "Freak" and show results if it is worth it

@theblock: Thanks for the great feedback and yes, I will definitly do Teela. But I think it will take a while because I will have to model many parts to give her the unique look.
    Yesterday I startet a little work on the Green Goddess. The good thing with mattels MotU is that I can re-use the virtual parts, too :P

Quote Originally Posted by evilmike View Post
    Yesterday I startet a little work on the Green Goddess. The good thing with mattels MotU is that I can re-use the virtual parts, too :P
    Looking forward to this!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Although he is not completly finished I'd like to present my latest project: Wun-Dar!

Creating the Armor took me pretty long and I still have to make some minor improvemts like adding the Capsules to the belt. I have also not modelled the entire backside of the armor.

Despite all the work that still is to do I wanted to show you the results of the work I did today

Last edited by evilmike; June 21, 2010 at 06:21am.

Movie mayhem!
    Sooooooooooooooo cool

LOOOOOVVEE it!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Chewer of Trollans
    This has made me start checking this part of the forum for the first time. Thanks. And I'm discovering other cool art too.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    These are really good!

I haven't created models in 3D since 2001, but back then I found it easier to model and animate in Maya. I also used Lightwave for a job I had.

I didn't ever have much luck with 3D Studio Max. If felt more mathematical where Maya made me feel like I was working with clay.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Some arts are really good!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...