Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie

It looks like Michael Bay is in charge.

deadline.com:

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I wish I could post what I just said outloud when I read it, but it is not appropriate for the forum. All I can say is, ANY hope that I had for the new Ninja Turtles movie being any good just smashed it's way right out the window.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I was about to say, don't people hate his transformers movies?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

well I loved his TF movies so I am excited for this. Still even if it does suck we still have that awesome 80's movie
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I was about to say, don't people hate his transformers movies?
    The box office numbers say otherwise. I think the Transformers movies are good popcorn flicks, but nothing special. Bay is pretty polarizing among the internet community, though. There are definitely some Transformers fans that despise him.

I'll give this new TMNT movie a chance.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I am by NO means a film prude, but I don't see how anyone can find ANY redeeming value in the second Transformers movie. The first was okay, but even it was far from being anything special.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I am by NO means a film prude, but I don't see how anyone can find ANY redeeming value in the second Transformers movie. The first was okay, but even it was far from being anything special.
    giant robots fighting, great effects, awesome action and more focus on the TFs then in the first...it was great. Oh and unlike a lot of people I really liked the Twins
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The box office numbers say otherwise. I think the Transformers movies are good popcorn flicks, but nothing special. Bay is pretty polarizing among the internet community, though. There are definitely some Transformers fans that despise him.

i was going to say the same thing.

crititcally, people do not like his movies.

commercially, the box office dollars do not lie.

sigh.....and i loved TMNT
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I wish I could post what I just said outloud when I read it, but it is not appropriate for the forum. All I can say is, ANY hope that I had for the new Ninja Turtles movie being any good just smashed it's way right out the window.
    I probably would have laughed my ass off at the sheer number of asterisks if you had posted what you said.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Ninja turtles just died for me.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I sort of agree. I think the second one moved away from characters, and tried to cram it full of robots. Too overwhelming. I can see flaws in his movies, but overall I do like his stuff. I love some TMNT, but ninja's aren't that big on explosions.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Ok I actually like the Transformers movies on the whole. The key words there being "on the whole" they are overrun with problems and material that should have been left on the cutting room floor.

That said my reaction to this news was "Oh dear God no!" Bay is all about guns and explosions how is that right for Ninja Turtles? John Woo would be more appropriate!

Sure in the original comics the turtles cursed and were more violent so if the new movie was darker I'd be okay but I really don't want to see the toilet humor that plagued the Transformers movies (or movies in general these days to be honest0 IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!!

the only scene I can imagine Bay right for would be the Technodrome emerging from underground and blasting the city apart.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I liked the first one, it highlited Bay doing what Bay does best. Then TF2 came out, and highlited Bay doing what Bay does worst!

Bay and his company are producing it. It is too early to tell just how heavily involved he will be. Obviously, if he gets named as the director too, it will be quite a bit.

It isn't just amongst Transformers fans. His movies are full of refrigerator logic, the problem is I think most people either A) don't get up to go the fridge or B) Never turn their brain on to begin with or C) don't care because fill-in-the-blank.

I agree we shouldn't expect Shakespeare (which there is some irony in that statement) but I don't want to settle for someone who every movie I watch I can't even think about thinking or I want to turn it off.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Bay and his company are producing it. It is too early to tell just how heavily involved he will be. Obviously, if he gets named as the director too, it will be quite a bit.
    All you have to do is look at all the horror remakes and see how bad they are. This is bad, very bad news.

austin

As a huge TMNT fan I am really happy about these news. Bay did wonders with Transformers and I'm really excited to learn that he's working with TMNT now.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    It looks like Michael Bay is in charge.

So, Paramount must want the new TMNT film to fail then.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    But how many of Michael Bay's films have failed? Some may not like them, but they have been succesful from a financial point of view, and that is certainly ALL Paramount or any other studio cares about.

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    You can't pretend like his movies are not a success
    just because you don't like him, that's silly. They chose him because they know it will NOT fail with him.

Here I was kinda happy when I heard that Peter Laird had sold the TMNT license since that means that Splinter would probably still be alive. Now I can expect for Splinter to either speak in a racist Asian accent or relieve himself on Casey Jones. TMNT is now dead to me. At least I still have MOTU & Thundercats(G.I. Joe is on the fence).

He didn't direct any of the Platinum Dunes horror movies and I still hated all of them(although Ryan Reynolds almost saved Amityville Horror).

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    But how many of Michael Bay's films have failed? Some may not like them, but they have been succesful from a financial point of view, and that is certainly ALL Paramount or any other studio cares about.
    I don't know about their monetary success but I loved the first Bad Boys & The Rock and liked Armageddon. Everything after that have been different shades of crud imho. Bay seems to be in competiton with M. Night in seeing who can get worse as a movie director. Bay is definitely in the lead.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; May 28, 2010 at 05:15am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Widget
    Well it's better than nothing. I think Bay is THE man for a TMNT: action, explosions, large budgets, good concepts and hot girls on screen.

I just hope he stays true to the original comics instead of cheesy stories about time-traveling turtles looking more like frog going to japan to do nothing really imporant that will not change events in the future... wow, I think i really hated TMNT III

I can just imagine it now. Take the film Transformers, replace the robots with mutant turtles, replace Sam Witwicky with April O'Niel, replace Megan Fox with Casey Jones, give the Shredder a transformation sequence, have Raphael urinate on foot soldiers from the top of a building and speak with a ghetto accent.

Instahit, not sure why you guys are worried about this.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Gross. Having Michael Bay in charge of this is like having Rip Torn in charge of a Thanksgiving Day parade.

I MADE A GRAPHIC!

Well there goes any hope for that dark gritty, true to the original comics Ninja Turtle movie that the first producers were looking for. But hey, at least there will be plenty of explosions, right?

Infinite Hollywood: Michael Bay to Produce TMNT and Explosions

He's not directing, but I have to think even if he's producing he'll put his fingerprints on it. We've all heard of movies where the producer ends up with more influence than the directors.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.