Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverhawks

Silverhawks

Is there a Silverhawks fan site on par with He-Man.org or Thundercatslair.org?

Or any Silverhawks sites at all for that matter?

Am I the only one that watched them?

I used to watch the show, but I don't remember much about it save for the awesome opening.

RIP Andy Conrad.

That's a good question, I have yet to stumble across a good Silver Hawks line. I know toys command a decent price tag. It is hard to find figures loose that are in good shape, do to the metallic finish on them wears off easily in play.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I always tried to get a silverhawks site going, or at least a digital museum. There has never been enough intrest or anyone willing to help me out dedicated enough. I have 90 percent of everything produced from Silverhawks from bedsheets, sunglasses, bath foam, figures looses and boxes and would love to share it with the net........ but rarely does anyone remember silverhawks :*(
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I liked Silverhawks more than the Thundercats in my youth. The show does not hold up well however but I still love the characters. I don't know why it wasn't as popular as Thundercats because it was pretty much the same formula.

Luckily, there was mention of a possible Silverhawks cameo in the new Thundercats cartoon so hopefully that does happen and they get their own spin off show.

My three favorites growing up were He-Man, Thundercats, and then Silverhawks, in that order. For some reason I had a ton of He-Man toys and a bunch of Silverhawks toys, but not really any Thundercats toys. I have no idea why, was Thundercats not in the same toy aisle or something?

I liked Silverhawks a lot, too! It doesn't seem to have quite as big of a fan base as MOTU or Thundercats, but I'm sure that there are some fans out there.

I'm just about to start watching the show once again. I wonder if it will stand up for me?

Movie mayhem!
    Where did you read they might make an appearance in Thundercats?!

Silverhawks may not be at the top of my favorites list but I still really dig them. I have a modest amount of them, most of which I acquired from thrift shops and flea markets before the days of ebay (gosh I miss those days).

I bought Copper Kid's wings at a flea market for a quarter even though I didn't have him. I thought I'd rather be safe than sorry. About a year or two later, I found a ton of Silverhawks at a thrift shop. Quicksilver, Steel Will, and Steel Heart had their wings but Copper Kid did not. So those Copper Kid wings I bought earlier for 25 cents payed off.

Out of all the toys in my entire collection, my wife says she likes my giant Tally Hawk the most and she jokes that one day she's going to steal him from me to display on her desk at work.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Where did you read they might make an appearance in Thundercats?!
    For the life of me I cannot find the interview but this is a direct quote by producer Ethan Spaulding;

When a fan asked about fellow Rankin-Bass series "SilverHawks," Spaulding said, "You should keep an eye out."

Movie mayhem!
    That would be amazing news. I hope its more than an easter egg where they are in the background of a crowd scene. Man even if they JUST became part of Thunder Cats I'd be pleased. I've always thought of MOTU-Tcats and Silver Hawks as being in the same universe anyway. Like if they were a comic book property they'd have different books but exist in the same cosmos and sometimes interact.

I was a big fan of Silverhawks but never had many of the figures.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I wonder how long this thread will last? It is already dying and that is so disappointing because the Silverhawks never seem to get any love.

It is a pity that the people who don't like them won't come into this thread because I would like to know why this property is not as popular as Thundercats. They are practically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I liked Silverhawks more than the Thundercats in my youth. The show does not hold up well however but I still love the characters. I don't know why it wasn't as popular as Thundercats because it was pretty much the same formula.

Luckily, there was mention of a possible Silverhawks cameo in the new Thundercats cartoon so hopefully that does happen and they get their own spin off show.
    A lot of 80s cartoons don't really hold up well beyond their intros, but the concepts are still interesting and makes you wonder what a modern team of writers could do with them.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

It wasn't my absolute favorite, but I was a fan of it back in the days. I still have my original Quicksilver and Buzz-Saw figures, and I bought the Volume 1 DVD not long after it came out. (Still wish they'd release the rest of the show). Last year I picked up all the old comics too.

Though I agree. The show has not held up as well as many other '80s shows, but the concept and character designs are still awesome. I'd love to see them have a meaningful role in the new Thundercats show.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    The SilverHawks toys are one of the few toylines I actually had a large assortment of -- unfortunately I sold them off in the mid-90s in a yard sale. I wish I had kept them like I did most of my other toys. The show may not have been on TV for long but I did enjoy playing with the toys.

I loved the look of the Silverhawks and the show was great, but the toys were nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me to find in my small town. We had one variety store in town and they were always sold out of all the characters except Steel Will (I did get him.)

I'd be all over a relaunch. If T-cats is successful, I like the idea of using them as a launching pad for an update of Silverhawks.

I always wanted a Yes-Man figure, but I don't think that they ever made him.

i leave a link of a site from here about the toys.http://www.amosdelretro.com.ar/index...guras&Codigo=7

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    While the show has not aged well at all, I think this series is by far the easiest to adapt into a live action movie if done right. Everything is there. The science fiction, the fact that the villians are space pirates, the outer space setting, and the unique concept for the heroes. They need to let JMS turn Silverhawks into a live action movie and I bet it will be the first one of the 80s toons that turns out right.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I remember the Silver Hawks but just barely. I was still young enough when it was on to be interested in cartoons (I was 3 when He-Man first aired) and it was on one of my local stations but I don't remember it being aired for very long.

Found issues 1-7 of the old Marvel/Star comics for a dollar each today at a comic store. They look awesome.

I loved Silverhawks! Well...as usual that love is more for the toys than the show, though I do remember watching and liking it. Still, I don't remember any specifics. The toys stuck with me, though! My favorites were Mon-Star and the green buzzsaw dude. Actually, most of my favorites were all the bad guys; they had the best stuff and looked awesome. I only had the leader Silver Hawk guy (whoever he was).

I doubt I ever used any of them as Silver Hawks, though. I know the bad guys were all over the spectrum of toys (being whatever I wanted them to be) and the silver guy was used in this crazy story my brother and I made when we were real little (back during my brother's short interest in toys). He used the silver guy, I used a Joker figure, and then we threw in the robot dog from C.O.P.S. as thier companion, and they traversed the vast "caverns" that were the basement. The story pretty much ended when Joker looked over the side of the stairs and fell...breaking his head off. Those caverns can be dangerous.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I was a big fan of Silverhawks but never had many of the figures.
    same here . i wanted to pick up some a couple of years ago but the prices were outrageous

Big Silverhawks fan here. Luckily they were avaliable in my area and between my brothers, cousins and good friend we had everything you can think of EXCEPT for Haedware. Never could find him.

I also loved the characters and they were one of our favorite things to play other than He-man. Mumbo Jumbo is the only fig I have left.

Would absolutely collect any new toys they might come out with. I enjoyed Thundercats but am not as big a fan as other people. But now will defenitely not miss an episode in hopes of seeing Silverhawks.