Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Thread *SPOILERS*

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Official Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Thread *SPOILERS*

As awesome as this is, especially with Whedon at the helm, I'm concerned about SFX quality, etc, and if the original actors would even do the show or cameo.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...9-2a6dae7e45b1
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    it is interesting. a few things I would say is

1. I doubt SLJ would do the show. so this would need to be sort of its own thing. But then you loose the recognition of having Nick Fury. So you do recast? do you convince mr jackson to do it? does he do sort of "video missions" to the team? it all depends on if they are truly connecting this to the movie franchises.

honestly though. i mean, costumes are already made, so it would be COMPLETELY realistic if they had avengers randomly show up as special guests for episode or two, or at least hawkeye or someone. and realistically, i think for reputation and personality reasons alone, if it fits schedule, thor cap and ironman, even banner would all be fine making guest appearances.

I think they will go in a completely different direction though. more of a swat team, secret mission type of show, which will be really cool. but i hope they keep some easter egg stuff so that marvel fans will love it.

Can't wait! I hope they keep it in the same universe as the films, Whedon said it wasn't a spin-off. But even if it's not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I still trust Whedon to give us a great show. I hope we'll get more details soon.

Bring back agent Coulson to life for the show, now that would make me very happy!
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Possibly a pre-Avengers timeline? Coulson as the lead character in a pre-Iron Man universe takling on remnants of Hydra and AIM?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Meh, it will just get canceled. Not because it is bad, but because Joss Whedon's name is on it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Meh, it will just get canceled. Not because it is bad, but because Joss Whedon's name is on it.
    he's coming off of avengers so his name value is pretty damned good at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    it is interesting. a few things I would say is

1. I doubt SLJ would do the show. so this would need to be sort of its own thing. But then you loose the recognition of having Nick Fury. So you do recast? do you convince mr jackson to do it? does he do sort of "video missions" to the team? it all depends on if they are truly connecting this to the movie franchises.

honestly though. i mean, costumes are already made, so it would be COMPLETELY realistic if they had avengers randomly show up as special guests for episode or two, or at least hawkeye or someone. and realistically, i think for reputation and personality reasons alone, if it fits schedule, thor cap and ironman, even banner would all be fine making guest appearances.

I think they will go in a completely different direction though. more of a swat team, secret mission type of show, which will be really cool. but i hope they keep some easter egg stuff so that marvel fans will love it.
    I heard they're going to feature Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Director of SHIELD to keep the continuity of the movies up. You could definitely have SLJ leave the occasional pre-recorded message. I wouldn't be surprised if Agent Jasper Sitwell (already appeared in Thor, The Avengers and Item 47) and Clay Quartermain (character is in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes) ended up on the SHIELD team. La Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine, Jessica Jones and Carol Danvers would also make sense.

I'd expect that every episode or two will feature the team tracking down and capturing a "bad guy of the week", with an underlying plot that stretches the season. Which sounds to me like a great opportunity to flesh out the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Nope. Disney owns ABC and Marvel - ABC will give this the funding and time slot it needs to succeed. Plus, the only shows of Whedon's to get shut down early were Dollhouse and Firefly - and both of those were canceled by FOX, which is notorious for canceling shows early.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    he's coming off of avengers so his name value is pretty damned good at this point.
    Yeah, $1.49 billion in worldwide gross means you pretty much get to do whatever you want. Especially if it's related to building on the lucrative franchise in question.

Avery Brooks would be an excellent Nick Fury IMO. But I have no expectations except that it should be good, particularly with Whedon involved. I wonder if any Firefly or Buffy/Angel alumni will turn up (as something other than guest villains). Someone has to have thought of Summer Glau or Amy Acker for Wasp by now.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

We now know who the new characters will be;

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41311

Joss Whedon has been perhaps understandably cryptic about ABC's recently greenlit S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, teasing only that the television drama will be "autonomous" from Marvel's "Avengers" film franchise, and will introduce new characters. But now we actually have an idea just who those characters will be.

TVLine has obtained cast descriptions for the project, which centers on the global espionage and law-enforcement agency that's helped to provide the connective tissue between the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As part of his three-year exclusive deal with Marvel Studios, Whedon will co-write the pilot with his brother Jed Whedon and Jed's wife Maurissa Tancharoen, who will serve as executive producers/showrunners along with Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "Alias").

Here are the outlines for the five central characters:

Skye: This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident -- with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.
    Agent Grant Ward: Quite the physical specimen and "cool under fire," he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He's a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he's the kind of guy that grows on you.

Agent Althea Rice: Also known as "The Calvary," this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.

Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons: These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other's company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies -- she deals with biology and chemistry, he's a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.

"It's new characters. It needs to be its own thing," Whedon said earlier this month. "It needs to be adjacent [to the Marvel Cinematic Universe] but you don't want to do a show where you're constantly going, 'Iron Man just left, but he was totally here a minute ago.' You want them to go off on their own thing and say, 'Well, what has S.H.I.E.L.D. got that the other heroes don't have?' [...] Part of that, to me, is that they're not superheroes, but they live in that universe. That makes them a little bit -- even though they're a big organization -- underdogs, and that's interesting to me."

Production will begin immediately, with S.H.I.E.L.D. targeted to be Marvel's first live-action television series since its purchased by Disney in 2009.

Just as everyone expected;

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41604 Agent Coulson lives and will be the main star

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Avery Brooks would be an excellent Nick Fury IMO. But I have no expectations except that it should be good, particularly with Whedon involved. I wonder if any Firefly or Buffy/Angel alumni will turn up (as something other than guest villains). Someone has to have thought of Summer Glau or Amy Acker for Wasp by now.
    Yes to Brooks as Fury and Summer Glau in this show too.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    Bring back agent Coulson to life for the show, now that would make me very happy!
    Ok, I'm very happy!

I wonder how they plan to do this, I just hope the show is not placed in a time before the films, since it would ruin the chances of some cool guest stars.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Marvel's Agents Of Shield Thread

So saw the pilot tonight and it was great! Easily the best new series so far this Fall

Thoughts?

Last edited by Megalodon; September 24, 2013 at 09:24pm.

Amazing! Definitely lived up to expectations. The last shot made my Marvel geek mind explode.

I liked it enough to watch some more of it, but the first episode didn't wow me.

So, anyone think Colson will be a Life Model Decoy?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I thought it was OK.

Love Clark Gregg. Agent Ward sucks the life out of all his scenes.

Thought it was a little too quipy. I know Wheedon isn't super hands-on with the show, but it felt like someone imitating his dialogue style and not quite getting it right.

watched bits and pieces, didn't grab me enough to pull me away from brooklyn 99 will watch it in full today. HATED a lot of the cinematography, like BCI Guy I love Clark Gregg too. I want this show to work because of him more than anything else.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This is the Clark Gregg show. I loved how they kept mentioning and referencing the Marvel movies. Maria Hill showing up was a nice touch too, but I wish Sam Jackson had gotten his way and Nick Fury had a cameo.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This is the Clark Gregg show. I loved how they kept mentioning and referencing the Marvel movies. Maria Hill showing up was a nice touch too, but I wish Sam Jackson had gotten his way and Nick Fury had a cameo.
    maybe they will save it for a later episode I can't see why they'd say no to that.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    maybe they will save it for a later episode I can't see why they'd say no to that.
    I'd like to see maybe Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johannson too. Like special episodes of television shows where some movie star guest stars for an episode during May sweeps or season finales. This makes SHIELD an even more legitimate extension of the Marvel cinematic universe.

I wonder if we'll see this SHIELD team during Avengers II?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Clark Gregg as Coulson was the best part of this show. The rest of the cast were either dull or annoying and quite stereotypical from the better with computers then everyone else in the world character Skye who can hack SHIELD with a laptop in a van (yeah right) to those two fast talking scientists. As for the actual plot of the pilot by the time the show was only half way done I realized I really couldn't care less about the "Hooded Man" or how he got his powers. Then when he made that "emotional" speech about Gods and Giants and how being ordinary is not good enough any more all I could think was "Yeah, yeah, blah blah blah"
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

We loved it!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Ratings Smash!
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/25/ag...hield-ratings/

Let's see if they can keep it up. I'm not worried about some of the stock characters. It's only the pilot. I have no doubt they'll be well rounded out by the end of the season.

Felt like I was watching Hero's, but on ABC instead of NBC.
    "Problems Weaver?"