Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Loved that Michael Bay storyboard for the trailer. Let's hope this is the worst case scenario, ok?
    Yeah, it's fun to joke about. But the chances of it actually being like that are pretty high when you have Bay involved, so it's kind of scary too!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    I dunno how anyone can have any faith in any 80s/childhood favorite remake. Especially after they've already seen a Transformers' testicles.

At least the title is chopped down to just "Ninja Turtles" to make up for the fact that they're aliens and not Teenage Mutants.

They shouldve named this movie Bayliens. That's what I'm going to call it from now on.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

So--- any word if Shia theBeef is going to be playing Casey Jones?

Seriously, here are some things I'm really concerned about regarding this movie:

Krang's android body: Let's hope it isn't anatomically correct.

The possibility of a scene where Splinter accidently consumes drugs and gets a rabid case of the munchies.

Considering how Transformers went, I can imagine the film will actually be about Casey Jones, April, and her newscrew friends Burne, Vernon, and Irma. The Turtles will have a few cameos and blow some stuff up.

Just how often will the flushomatic be used in this movie?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Splinter will be made of wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I dunno how anyone can have any faith in any 80s/childhood favorite remake. Especially after they've already seen a Transformers' testicles.

At least the title is chopped down to just "Ninja Turtles" to make up for the fact that they're aliens and not Teenage Mutants.

They shouldve named this movie Bayliens. That's what I'm going to call it from now on.
    Also - if they're aliens then they're not really turtles either - just something that looks like a turtle...

So out of the title we've lost "Mutant", probably "Teenage" though they might go that route, and "Turtle"
    And, depending on how pedantic you want to be, they're not likely to be real "ninjas" if they are from space.

So out of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, what's actually left?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    If complaints fail, don't go watch the movie.

Had people done so with TF movie, we wouldn't have to cringe now about TF4. But no. People let themselves be fooled with false promises 3 times. 3 freaking times.
    Nah. People loved the live action robot vs robot action and graphics in TF1. They went to see more of the same two more times. It's a visual that you can't get anywhere else. Now if you hated those movies, you were fooled.

I think Bayformers detractors can't get past the Bay humor, while people who liked the movies focus moreso on the robots--much less on the potty humor. Case in point, Revenge of the Fallen: A detractor will only see Devastator's balls, Skids and Mudflap or marijuana brownies. The people who liked the movie would bring up the Forest Battle with Optimus taking on three Decepticons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I think it's worse than that. Some people weren't fooled three times, but enjoyed all 3 movies. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how absurd it may seem. I loved Green Lantern and was bored with Thor & Captain America. Unfortunately, I seem to be in the minority on that.

I'm with you though. I don't understand how someone could like any of Bay's 3 TF movies.
    It's easy. First, you have to tell yourself that this is another incarnation of Transformers and that these aren't the G1 characters from your childhood. Second and probably most importantly, focus on the robot action and carnage, rather than the silly humans and their potty humor.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 27, 2012 at 04:33pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Nah. People loved the live action robot vs robot action and graphics in TF1. They went to see more of the same two more times. It's a visual that you can't get anywhere else. Now if you hated those movies, you were fooled.

I think Bayformers detractors can't get past the Bay humor, while people who liked the movies focus moreso on the robots--much less on the potty humor. Case in point, Revenge of the Fallen: A detractor will only see Devastator's balls, Skids and Mudflap or marijuana brownies. The people who liked the movie would bring up the Forest Battle with Optimus taking on three Decepticons.
    I think too many people don't really listen to what most people actually say about Transformers.
    "It was awesome, but stupid."

People shut off before they hear the second. This is my problem with single line rating systems, most people rated it 7-10 because it was awesome to watch robots fight each other. The 7 were those who agree with most people in this thread about it being stupid. I believe most professional reviewers said the inverse, if you want to go watch a bunch of CGI robots destroy each other and the landscape they are in you will think this is great but as far as movie making quality it isn't that great so they rated it poorly.

Now if we were to complain about the general perception is you can have the awesome visual of giant robots smacking each other around and you don't need anything then I agree with you. I don't need an overly confusing and superiorly acted film to go along with Transformers, but I do want something more then just eye candy.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I saw TF1 3 times because I kept hoping, for whatever reason, I might eventually like it like some people did. Unfortunately, I hated it all 3 times. Even after watching it more than once, the action still looked like a tornado at a junkyard. Most of the Decpitcons looked similar to begin with. Having a camera swirl around the same time the robots are jumping all over the screen makes it impossible to see what's what unless you use the "pause button" a lot imo.

The humor bothered me less than the lousy script and the way they turned the Autobots into psychopaths. If you were watching a movie featuring humans and the leader shot an enemy who was weaponless & surrendering, unless the movie was about a psycho like The Punisher or was dramatically showing a man pushed over the edge like Death Wish's Paul Kersey, most would find it appalling. You can say that "they are only robots" but why should I care about them in the first place?

It's easy. First, you have to tell yourself that this is another incarnation of Transformers and that these aren't the G1 characters from your childhood. Second and probably most importantly, focus on the robot action and carnage, rather than the silly humans and their potty humor.
    Considering I liked ROC which made a great deal of changes to the G.I. Joe of my youth, I have no problem accepting a new incarnation of childhood favorites if I feel the movie is entertaining or has even an ounce of quality to it. If anything, I should have less of a problem with TF since, unlike G.I. Joe, I didn't like them that much even as a kid. Any changes should bother me less.

The next time you want more 2002 in your MOTUC, just remember these aren't the "characters from your childhood"(or your 20's).
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 27, 2012 at 06:47pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The next time you want more 2002 in your MOTUC, just remember these aren't the "characters from your childhood"(or your 20's).
    But that's the reason why I liked 200X better...they weren't the exact characters from the 80's--they were done much better and more fitting to my adult tastes!

Here's an insightful video on the whole fiasco.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I find it hilarious that in the one frame, April's boobs are so big that they are going past the frame border. That seems like something Bay would do.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The thing that made the first two Transformers work for me was that the story, though changed a bit for the movie, basically survived intact. It was an amalgamation of several versions of the mythos, but the basic concept wasn't abandoned, and many of the characters were close to their portrayals in previous incarnations (the third lost me in all the mindless action scenes that never seemed to end or actually lead to anything).

What worries me here is that the basic concept may be changed (apparently the final script isn't even done, so nothing is for certain). Making the Turtles aliens rather than mutants means it isn't really TMNT, any more than the Catwoman movie was really about Catwoman (it was about a completely different character with the same name). Now, staying true to the source material doesn't always guarantee a hit (half of Watchmen was written by Alan Moore and taken verbatim from the books), but you can usually count on one finger the movies that have radically departed from the source and actually succeeded on one hand. Look at things like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, where such radical changes weren't made, and the movies were hugely successful. THen look at Batflop and Ripoff, er, Batman and Robin, where Schumacher decided that Bruce had gotten over his parents deaths in the last movie, and basically threw out the main character's major motivation for existing.

You take a big chance when Hollywood decides it, in it's infinite wisdom and infinite ego, must change a major factor in a property's popularity because they can do it better, because it rarely works. People know the Turtles, and they know the story. If the ooze is alien, that has a basis in what we've seen before. If the Turtles themselves are aliens, that changes the entire thing, and I have serious doubts that Bay and company have the talents to pull that off successfully.

We'll see what the final storyline presents; it sounds like the backlash from Bay's ramblings are already causing the studio to pull back a good bit on that point, so hope isn't lost yet.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    What I find funny is movie hasnt come out yet and fans are already hating on it thats the Micheal Bay effect

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...-turtles.jhtml

Michael Bay To 'Ninja Turtles' Fans: We Won't Let You Down!

Who could have predicted that a Michael Bay-produced re-imagining of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" would cause such a stir? While fans were largely onboard for a reboot, the tide turned when Bay recently announced that he would give our half-shell heroes an alien origin story.

Fan reaction to the news has been negative, to say the least. So much so that Bay has already twice taken to his Shoot for the Edit message board to tell fans that the reboot will not disappoint. On Tuesday (March 27), Bay hit the boards again, promising that the new movie will include "everything you remember" from the original; he also explained why the film's name is "Ninja Turtles," not "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

aramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple," he wrote.

"The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers," he added. "Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan [Liebesman], the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE'S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN."

Speaking of Liebesman, MTV News caught up with the director as he promoted his latest, "Wrath of the Titans," and he seemed to share Bay's sentiment, saying the new version will preserve "the essence" of the original.

"What's important to me are the characters that Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird created, the essence is preserved, and we're true to that," Liebesman said. "And everything that is near and dear to fans will still be there, every new thing we think of is tied into the mythology. We're not going to betray anything that has been there before — I'm a fan myself."

"Ninja Turtles" is due in theaters Christmas 2013.
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

A recent sketch by Kevin Eastman given to Kid Cudi, who I've never heard of before, from 2 of the guys at Platinum Dunes(Michael Bay's production company working on the TMNT movie)...

JOIN THE GROUP...

Nothings showing, Shokoti, but I know what image you mean. I hope it’s not one of the four original Turtles. It could actually be Kirby, the mythical fifth turtle that was scheduled to appear in a proposed fourth live-action film. Here are details of him and that project: http://tmntentity.blogspot.co.uk/201...hat-never.html

The reason why I think it could be him is because the director said in an interview that Eastman is finally getting the chance to do loads of things he's always wanted to. Kirby was one of them. If that image is artwork from the film, I just hope it’s not any of the four originals.

It's showing up on my end, but just in case I'm the only one who can see it...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...-ninja-turtle/

JOIN THE GROUP...

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    While the creator(or co-creator in Eastman's case) has the right to do whatever the hell they want with their own creations, it still isn't wise to **** off the fanbase that has elevated the creator's said creations into both pop culture status and a big cash cow for the creator.

It's the same thing when it came to the Star Wars movies and George Lucas. Add a few tiny changes for a special edition is fine, but keep fine tuning the same films every ten years by constantly adding new scenes and changing story points, after awhile it becomes an entirely different film from what the fans loved before. After that, you get so despised by the fan base, they go and complain on Facebook about a new scene with Vader screaming "NOOOO!".

That, and the terrible ***** that was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. And casting drunken, no talent actors named LEBEOUF as the supposed 'next generation' to take up the franchise just gets more hate.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I am not sure this is a bad thing
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am not sure this is a bad thing
    I know, right? Battleship's failure has them crapping stones. First G.I. Joe is held back and now Ninja Turtles.

I hope this means no more half-assed or radically changed adaptions.

I know, right? Battleship's failure has them crapping stones. First G.I. Joe is held back and now Ninja Turtles.

I hope this means no more half-assed or radically changed adaptions.
    Who would have thought Battleship, a movie everyone could have foretold was going to do bad would bring about the death of badly adapted 80's licenses
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Praise Jebus! I hope this means they're re-evaluating the story.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Who would have thought Battleship, a movie everyone could have foretold was going to do bad would bring about the death of badly adapted 80's licenses
    I don’t know. I think it’s less to do with that and more to do with whatever’s happening behind the scenes at Paramount. First of all, that new Hansel & Gretel film they had that was supposed to come out in January gets pushed back a whole year, then they continuously push back World War Z, which has now been given a new writer to completely re-work the ending, then there was the whole GI Joe fiasco, and now this. All those things happening under the same roof can't just be a coincidence. There’s clearly something shifting in Paramount’s way of thinking.

Anyway, this hold isn’t indefinite, it’s just a delay. They’ve already set a new release date of 16th May 2014. That puts it in direct competition with Marvel’s unrevealed film. Interesting. Who’s betting one of them will move?

Sad news for me, I was really excited about this movie.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I'm sure alot of 'Ninja Turtle' fans are really happy about this news. (Weather they're familiar with the original Eastman, and Laird comics, or not) That being said, there's something fishy going on over at Paramount. Clearly, they don't know how to get movies out in A timely manner. Anyway, here's another insightful video regarding The Turtles' mythology.

Last edited by mbaker; June 17, 2012 at 07:18am.