Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie

that pic looks AWESOME. I would pay a bagillion coins of your currency of choice to see that movie
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I don't know what to think.

I've enjoyed Transformers 1 and 2, although I didn't like everything about them.

Well, at least he isn't outright directing TMNT, just producing it, so that's some consolation.

Still, I was an active message board member of the official Transformers movie site when they were making Transformers 1. It was pretty frustrating seeing designs that didn't look at least somewhat recognizable and the writers questioning EVERY little thing from the mythos. I know I'm going to see the same things with a MOTU movie if it happens.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Still, I was an active message board member of the official Transformers movie site when they were making Transformers 1. It was pretty frustrating seeing designs that didn't look at least somewhat recognizable and the writers questioning EVERY little thing from the mythos. I know I'm going to see the same things with a MOTU movie if it happens.
    Maybe I'm just fooling myself and am being overly optimistic, but I hope the reason the MOTU movie isn't being made quickly is because Mattel is trying to make sure it stays true to the franchise and not just throw everything together just so they can make money. I'm happy they left Warner Brothers since that means Joel Silver won't touch it(the same guy who's setting a Sgt Rock movie in the future) and, since I know Michael Bay's ego isn't going to let him do a second toyline franchise(technically the Turtles are a comic franchise), I doubt he'll touch MOTU. That's all good news in my book.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

First of all, Michael Bay isn’t directing the film. He’s going no where near the director’s chair. It’s not going to be his interpretation at all. Why are people reacting like he's the director? All this hate geared towards it at such an early stage because of his name being mentioned is down to ignorance, IMO.

Secondly, all of Platinum Dunes’ horror films, thus far, have all been pretty faithful to the original visions. That’s not to say that they’ve all been great films, but they’ve done a pretty good job of invoking feelings of the originals, IMO.

I think it’s a pretty safe bet that we’re in for a darker and grittier Ninja Turtles film this time. I think this is very good news for the future of TMNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    First of all, Michael Bay isn’t directing the film. He’s going no where near the director’s chair. It’s not going to be his interpretation at all. Why are people reacting like he's the director? All this hate geared towards it at such an early stage because of his name being mentioned is down to ignorance, IMO.

Secondly, all of Platinum Dunes’ horror films, thus far, have all been pretty faithful to the original visions. That’s not to say that they’ve all been great films, but they’ve done a pretty good job of invoking feelings of the originals, IMO.

I think it’s a pretty safe bet that we’re in for a darker and grittier Ninja Turtles film this time. I think this is very good news for the future of TMNT.
    You say Bay isn't directing the movie because the movie's being made by his production company Platinum Dunes. Then you go on to say how those movies weren't great? It's going to be bad either way.

Those Platinum Dunes movies were worse than bad, they were bland. They rehashed old scenes from old horror franchises acted out by CW castoffs. They didn't try to give us a reason as to why remaking the movies was a good idea(unlike Cronenberg's Fly and Snyder's Dawn Of The Dead). I also have to say that other than the sweeping camera "tricks" that Bay uses in all of his movies, they had his stink all over them.

JOIN THE GROUP...

None of the original Turtle movies were critically acclaimed. They aren't exactly remaking Gone with the Wind here. Hopefully, there won't be any time traveling Samurais in this movie.

Michael Bay producing the new TMNT movie is the BEST news I have heard in a long time.
    I really hate this reboot craze we have now.
    Every time one single movie in a franchise goes wrong, fanboys throw a hissy fit and cry REBOOT, REBOOT, REBOOT.
    Hopefully this will stop fanboys from demanding reboots ALL THE TIME!
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I like the Bayformers flicks, and I appreciate him for what he does and is. He doesn't really make any bones about it. That said, there's nothing to imply that Bay is going to direct this TMNT movie. I think that it could be fantastic. I have read that the intent is to go back to the original Mirage comics and to have live-action turtles with CGI enhanced performances (akin to what was done splendidly in Where the Wild Things Are). At one point, there was some scuttlebutt about Sarah Michelle Gellar and Chris Evan reprising their roles from the Imagi movie, but that info is old and with Evans donning Captain America's mask soon, that may be unlikely.

In any event, if this movie is half as wonderful as the original film, we'll be just fine. That movie has stood the test of time and I consider it a nearly flawless piece of art. I love me some TMNT!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I like the Bayformers flicks, and I appreciate him for what he does and is. He doesn't really make any bones about it. That said, there's nothing to imply that Bay is going to direct this TMNT movie. I think that it could be fantastic. I have read that the intent is to go back to the original Mirage comics and to have live-action turtles with CGI enhanced performances (akin to what was done splendidly in Where the Wild Things Are). At one point, there was some scuttlebutt about Sarah Michelle Gellar and Chris Evan reprising their roles from the Imagi movie, but that info is old and with Evans donning Captain America's mask soon, that may be unlikely.

In any event, if this movie is half as wonderful as the original film, we'll be just fine. That movie has stood the test of time and I consider it a nearly flawless piece of art. I love me some TMNT!
    I have never met a more positive person in my life. That is a compliment not an insult. I think you're the only person on this board who doesn't complain about or dislike anything.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/...f76809fb9e.jpg
    ***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote. Thanks for your help! ***
    That was funny. Even though Michael Bay isn't directing this, (Which is a small sigh of relief) I hope whoever he picks to direct is competent enough to do good job directing this movie.

Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    I MADE A GRAPHIC!
    You read my mind!
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I have never met a more positive person in my life. That is a compliment not an insult. I think you're the only person on this board who doesn't complain about or dislike anything.
    Thanks Mr. Shokoti; I do take that as a compliment! I just try to be open-minded about everything (I have pretty forgving tastes) and I maintain a sense of realistic optimism. Karma seems to like me, for the most part, because I rarely have anything to complain about (that's worth complaining about).

Of course, I've steered clear of the Tar Swamp, because I have pretty nasty things to say about some subjects, particularly the government these days... I don't sound so optimistic when that comes up in conversation.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    But how many of Michael Bay's films have failed? Some may not like them, but they have been succesful from a financial point of view, and that is certainly ALL Paramount or any other studio cares about.

So, then this new TMNT film will be about everyone but the TMNT and focus on the emotional issues of the people around them, right?? That is the jist I got from Transformers.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    So, then this new TMNT film will be about everyone but the TMNT and focus on the emotional issues of the people around them, right?? That is the jist I got from Transformers.
    No, because I’m sure having the Turtles in every other scene won’t be as expensive as having the movie Transformers be at the for-front of every scene. At the end of the day, that's what it comes down to, money.

Atleast we will get scarier Foot soldiers and a kick ass Shredder and i think April should faint from a Ugly Rat for a 4 foot talking rat should be scary not Mr Miyogi in a muppet suit

The TMNT movie thread of one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Don't know how I missed that. :o

Feel free to merge my reply
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I enjoyed the Transformers films, but I missed G1 and really only saw parts of Beast Wars during its original run. I really had no attachments to the characters and therefore saw the film with an empty slate. In addition, I also like explosions! haha.

I was a big fan of Ninja Turtles back in the day, caught quite a few episodes of their "200x run" (does the fan community have a way of referencing this 4kids show; cuz I'm using he-man terminology?) which culminated with the Turtles Forever movie.. which I enjoyed immensely.

I'm pretty excited to hear that Ninja Turtles will be back. As much as many hate Michael Bay, we know that since he's on board, the movie studios are taking it seriously.. They will put a lot of money into the movie. It will be marketed very well, and it will be a success.

What I enjoy about Ninja Turtles is the humor though, and I hope thats not lost in a gritty reboot.. Regardless I expect this to be 100 times better than "The Next Mutation", which was by far the worst interpretation of the turtles.. Well, maybe not by far.. 'cuz I never seen The 3rd movie, Turtles in Time.. I thought Turtles in Time looked bad when I was 10. I bought it since then.. but am not excited to watch it.

Writers Announced & Fast-Tracked For A 2012 Release

The new writers wrote Iron-Man, which I love. Also, it looks like it's being fast-tracked to be released in 2012. Good news. I just wish He-Man would be fast-tracked, too: http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/para...big-franchise/

The new writers wrote Iron-Man, which I love. Also, it looks like it's being fast-tracked to be released in 2012. Good news. I just wish He-Man would be fast-tracked, too: http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/para...big-franchise/
    That's good to hear. Considering Platinum Dunes is in charge, I was expecting the worst.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Yep, this really is an encouraging start. I wonder what angle they’re going to be going for. Do you think it’s just going to start over from scratch, an origin story? It would be good if it were basically an adaptation of the first slew of comics. Although the toon will always have a special place in my heart.

In a way, I would actually welcome news of Rocksteady and Beebop’s participation with open arms. Oh, and Krang.

Yep, this really is an encouraging start. I wonder what angle they’re going to be going for. Do you think it’s just going to start over from scratch, an origin story? It would be good if it were basically an adaptation of the first slew of comics. Although the toon will always have a special place in my heart.

In a way, I would actually welcome news of Rocksteady and Beebop’s participation with open arms. Oh, and Krang.
    I'm a fan of most TMNT eras(although I didn't like them killing Splinter off in the last line of TMNT comics) but I guess I'd agree with you about basing it on the first few comics(if you meant the original black & white ones from the 80's) with a little bit of humor thrown in. Actually, the first TMNT movie was pretty faithful as well as having humor & edginess to it(at least edgy for a kids movie). I'd also be for Rocksteady, Beebop, and Krang. Even though the aliens that Krang was based on were originally good guys, I kinda like the idea of them being evil like in the 80's cartoon.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 21, 2010 at 10:18am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm glad to hear the writers worked on Iron Man, one of the better comic book adaptations out there.