Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Actually, the first TMNT movie was pretty faithful as well as having humor & edginess to it(at least edgy for a kids movie). .
    Agreed I think the original movie was the perfect blend of the cartoon and the mirage comics.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Hm...so I thought the last computer animated one kinda picked up where the live action ones left off. What's this new one supposed to do? Is it restarting things again?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

For fans of the cartoon series (both), the "Turtles Forever" DVD is coming out on Tuesday. If you haven't heard of it: It's the 2003 Turtles meeting the 80's Turtles; and explaining how they are co-existing. Classic Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady & Bebop all have roles in it. It's a pretty cool movie. It's about an hour and 12 minutes long.

The one and only downside: NONE of the original voices are back
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    For fans of the cartoon series (both), the "Turtles Forever" DVD is coming out on Tuesday. If you haven't heard of it: It's the 2003 Turtles meeting the 80's Turtles; and explaining how they are co-existing. Classic Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady & Bebop all have roles in it. It's a pretty cool movie. It's about an hour and 12 minutes long.

The one and only downside: NONE of the original voices are back
    And depending on who you believe....4kids was either to cheap, or union rules prevented it
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

writers chosen

deadline.com:
    After the writing team of Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec revived one Paramount franchise with their script for Mission: Impossible --Ghost Protocol, the studio has tapped them to rewrite another franchise Paramount is hoping to resuscitate. They will next go to work on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The scribes just did a rewrite of Now You See Me, which Louis Leterrier will direct for Summit Entertainment. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot is being produced by Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. The scribes are repped by WME.

New TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Movie Set For Christmas 2013!

Its official, Jonathon Liebesman (Battle: LA, Wrath of the Titans) is directing, and they describe it as being a “live-action-CGI combo”. Guess the Turtles and Splinter will be motion-capture, just as I thought. After Rise of the Planet of the Apes, this is a good decision, IMO.

Don’t like the idea of putting it up against The Hobbit part 2, though. That’s a bit iffy. I would have thought TMNT would lend itself to the summer season perfectly.

Oh well, at least we now know its official. Start getting excited! This will tide me over until the MOTU movie comes along.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/para...omment-2340381

The new TMNT trilogy and eventual reboot trilogy will be released before a MOTU movie

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The new TMNT trilogy and eventual reboot trilogy will be released before a MOTU movie
    Faith, faith. It will happen.

Regarding this news, I've just read the same story over at Hollywood Reporter and Variety, and they both say the budget will be 100 million. I must say, very moderate for this type of film. And again, both of those sites also report that it’s a blend of live-action and CGI.

Hopefully Old Hob makes a cameo

I want Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, but I know that's not going to happen.

This is killer AWESOME news!!!!!!

I'm super-excited and can't wait for Christmas...of next year!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wait, the guy behind... Battle LA... and Wrath of the Titans...

WE'RE ******!!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Wait, the guy behind... Battle LA... and Wrath of the Titans...

WE'RE ******!!!
    I did think Battle: LA was pretty dire, but Wrath of the Titans does look promising. He’s a young director and, to be fair, he does show moments of inspiration. He also directed Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, which I quite liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I did think Battle: LA was pretty dire, but Wrath of the Titans does look promising. He’s a young director and, to be fair, he does show moments of inspiration. He also directed Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, which I quite liked.
    When compared to Clash, Wrath can only be an improvement. It's like comparing both GI Joe movies. No matter what, Retaliation cannot be worse than Rise of Cobra.

I will admit, I did like TCM:TB, but it was so predictable and redundant.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I did some thread merging
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

While I didn't like any of the 3 movies of this director's that I've seen, I feel Darkness Falls was the only one that was horrifically bad. I'm more concerned with the fact that Platinum Dunes is behind this(or at least they were the last I'd heard).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'm gonna wait and see. I am interested to see who they cast for April and Casey. If Andy Serkis could do some of the mo-cap that would be incredible.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Oops, I posed this in the wrong Turtles topic, so you might have already read this. Anyway, you know who should direct the next turtles movie? The guy that made that Casey Jones short film The movie shows that director is not only a true Casey Jones fan, but a true turtles fan because he can take one of the comics' secondary characters and get a movie that is dead on accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I'm gonna wait and see. I am interested to see who they cast for April and Casey. If Andy Serkis could do some of the mo-cap that would be incredible.
    why not get some martial artists? at least for the fight stuff.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

New Information On New Film!

New info on the film. This week a show called Nickelodeon Upfront was held, which is all about Nickelodeon's upcoming slate. Michael Bay did a presentation about the new film, even showing some pre-vis. Remember Michael Bay haters, he's producing it, not directing.

First news is that it looks as though the film itself might be called NINJA TURTLES, which I’ve been calling for ever since the TMNT animated film. I guess this way they can make the Turtles more mature without any questions.

You might want to sit down for the next bit. This is what was supposedly shown and said:

http://blog.viacom.com/2012/03/scene...odeon-upfront/

After an earth-rattling sizzle reel of his greatest hits – from The Rock to Pearl Harbor to the Transformers trilogy – Michael Bay gave the crowd a first look at the previsualization – filmmaker speak for a 3D, digitally animated storyboard – for Ninja Turtles, Paramount Pictures’ live-action reinvention of the franchise set to hit theatres next year. “We want this film to have the impact of a Transformers one,” said Bay. If the stunning previs is any indication, Bay is making good progress against that lofty goal in his role as producer. Another tidbit he offered up is that the Turtles origin story has been updated, from the decidedly 80s radioactive waste accident to an alien planet.
    Alien planet? Before we all call bloody murder, remember that the Utroms’ waste is what originally mutated the Turtles. This could prove quite interesting. Will the Ultroms finally get their big-screen debut? Maybe even Krang? I'm quite excited.

I'm still looking forward to it.....I'm sure it'll blow TMNT 3 outta the water....LITERALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    While I didn't like any of the 3 movies of this director's that I've seen, I feel Darkness Falls was the only one that was horrifically bad. I'm more concerned with the fact that Platinum Dunes is behind this(or at least they were the last I'd heard).
    I LOVED Darkness Falls....but I doubt that make a turtle movie THAT dark. Can you imagine a tooth fairy like shredder.....yowzers!
    Last edited by He-Dad; March 16, 2012 at 11:08pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To be quite honest, I want Robert Rodriguez to make a turtles movie. I want him to do it like he did with Sin City, make it black and white like the original comics, with some color, while doing it faithful to the original comics. And it isn't like he has to go for a gore fest, the man did do the Spy Kids movies after all, so he isn't new to trying to do something everyone can enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    why not get some martial artists? at least for the fight stuff.
    You mean like in Rise of the Planet of the Apes for the acting parts Caesar was played by Andy but for the action parts it was a stunt man?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I mean, the mo-cap in Apes was maybe the best ever, right?
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

So did no one catch my little tidbit about an alien planet? Utroms at last?