Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    So did no one catch my little tidbit about an alien planet? Utroms at last?
    As long as they aren't Krang. However, I'm not really sure how Triceratons, Umtrons, and a Fugitoid would work out in a movie, at least the first movie, to a new Turtles movie series.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

so apparently the turtles are actually going to be aliens themselves

well as I said in the Prometheus thread

It is not just a fail...

It is not not just an epic fail

it is

A SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTIMATE GARGANTUAN COLOSSAL TITANIC ENORMOUS GRAND IMMENSE ELEPHANTILE MONSTROUS EPIC FAIL

I defended Michael Bay when it came to Bayformers and his redesign of the charcters but this...this is just a horrid horrid HORRID idea
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post

It is not just a fail...

it is

A SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTIMATE GARGANTUAN COLOSSAL TITANIC ENORMOUS GRAND IMMENSE ELEPHANTILE MONSTROUS EPIC FAIL

I defended Michael Bay when it came to Bayformers and his redesign of the charcters but this...this is just a horrid horrid HORRID idea
    Now you know how I feel towards the Bayformers and all of those horrible movies.

First Transformers now TMNT. What's next for Bay? Are you going to completely ruin my entire childhood??

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yay another easy boycott. Making it easy to maintain my giving up on the movie industry years ago.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Well, I'm not ready to boycott just yet. I will keep an open mind. To be honest, Michael Bay talks rubbish a lot of time. Maybe when he said aliens, he just meant mutants, so they're like "aliens" to us? Either way, taking into account the other bit I posted on the previous page, it’s clear that an "alien planet" will be involved in some capacity. I still think that the ooze is what will come from another planet, rather than the Turtles themselves.

One thing, if this is all true, where the hell will Splinter fit in?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

It is not just a fail...

it is

Wait, you aren't looking forward to Prometheus? That movie looks amazing and will probably be the second best movie of the summer.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Since it's Bay, Splinter will probably be played by an anorexic model with little to no previous acting work.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I just don`t get Bay. He can`t just leave anything be, it all has to be turned on its head. If the guy has so many great ideas, then why does he not come up with his own IP`s and work on them?

The trouble is it will be a double edged sword, if this movie bombs then Bay`s rep may take another beating and people may re-evaluate his value. I just hope that if the movie does tank then the franchise does not suffer.
    WTB Loose complete Tyrantisaurus Rex and Laser Light Skeletor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

It is not just a fail...

it is

I'd wait and see what happens first. This is like flipping out when Prime had blue flames painted on back in 2007.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'd wait and see what happens first. This is like flipping out when Prime had blue flames painted on back in 2007.
    Yeah... and it turns out the flames on Prime was the least of the problems with the Tranformers movie.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

well at least with Transformers they were still robots from the planet Cybertron who could transform from their normal fighting modes to vehicles so they were still transformers despite not looking exactly as we remember them from the toys or cartoons

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'm trying hard to wait to be real mad until we know for sure what's going on with the movie.

But really? TANT? Aliens instead of mutants?

If this is true, and the route he's really going, then Bay must have decided to make it his mission to just crap all over everything we loved as kids.

I understand wanting to make something your own, but there's a difference between that and totally wrecking something just for the sake of saying this is "your" version.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Michael Bay talks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by stuffwelike

"When you see this movie, kids will believe one day that these turtles actually do exist, when we're done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Wait, you aren't looking forward to Prometheus? That movie looks amazing and will probably be the second best movie of the summer.
    No.

Forgetting the fact it is set in the Alien universe and yet won't have the Xenomorphs that we all grew up with in it the trailers are just so boring and generic, they are like every other space / thriller / horror trailer I have seen for the past few years such as Pandorum or Sunshine and really do not inspire any interest in me to see the movie

But this is the turtles thread so my disinterest in Prometheus is probably best suited for the Prometheus one
    Last edited by wolfsfang; March 19, 2012 at 11:09am.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    aliens? ALIENS? ALIENS?????

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I don't see anything about aliens.

I'm soooo not happy about this. Seriously, how do you screw that up? That episode of South Park and Michael Bay is looking better and better.

Why no just go with what works?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Well, I'm not ready to boycott just yet. I will keep an open mind. To be honest, Michael Bay talks rubbish a lot of time. Maybe when he said aliens, he just meant mutants, so they're like "aliens" to us? Either way, taking into account the other bit I posted on the previous page, it’s clear that an "alien planet" will be involved in some capacity. I still think that the ooze is what will come from another planet, rather than the Turtles themselves.

Dude.
    This is Michael Bay.

Do not get optimistic about this.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes, a lot of good "Wait and see" attitude did for TF movies.

well at least with Transformers they were still robots from the planet Cybertron who could transform from their normal fighting modes to vehicles so they were still transformers despite not looking exactly as we remember them from the toys or cartoons
    Robots who want to have sex with humans and laid eggs...

when did the Transformers lay eggs?

I read this over the weekend and just sighed

Though as a Turtles fan it could always be much worse

(Not that I don't think its cool but its so far away from traditional TMNT its laughable)

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I think it was Revenge of the Fallen when Megatron was on the ship talking to The Fallen, and he was saying something about needing more energon to keep the hatchlings alive.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah... and it turns out the flames on Prime was the least of the problems with the Tranformers movie.
    ROFLMAO! Yeah, the flames were such a big issue back then, but now they are forgotten ever since worse things have been shown.

Beat me to it! I was about to post the exact same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    If this is true, and the route he's really going, then Bay must have decided to make it his mission to just crap all over everything we loved as kids.
    I honestly don't think Bay or the thousands of writers, directors, & producers in Hollywood like him go out of their way to crap on the franchises they adapt. We're just ants to them. They don't even think about us. What they do think about is how they can improve these time tested franchises since obviously Hollywood knows better than a few "losers" who made some toys or comics decades ago. Healthy egos get you farther in Hollywood than any talent imo.

People wonder why I hope we never see another MOTU movie. This is why. Odds are it would be another Transformers(imo that's not a good thing) or it would be a decent movie that ends up bombing setting us back even further with Hollywood adaptations.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 19, 2012 at 03:16pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hatchling

Atleast April will be a busty blond with glasses, because not only is she the most beautiful reporter in the world, she's also the smartest.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I'm trying hard to wait to be real mad until we know for sure what's going on with the movie.

But really? TANT? Aliens instead of mutants?

I understand wanting to make something your own, but there's a difference between that and totally wrecking something just for the sake of saying this is "your" version.
    I agree. While I hope that he either misspoke and/or just hasn't become faimilar yet with the basic back-story of TMNT, I'm not holding my breath given his track record.

This will REALLY upset me if this is true. As much as I do think the Transformers movies suck, I was never that into Transformers as a kid to begin with (I was always more into stuff like MOTU, Thundercats, TMNT, Ghostbusters, and Voltron), so it has never bothered me in terms of something that I loved as a kid getting really screwed up.

Sure, the Turtles have had their ups and downs, but the barebones basics of their backstory has remained the same throughout all incarnations to date as far as I know.... the 4 Turtles came in contact with some kind of radio-active Ooze and were mutated. Sure, some of the specifics were different, like the origin of the Ooze (TCRI, TGRI, or in the case of the 80s cartoon, Shredder creating it and dumping it down the Sewer), and there's the different origins of Splinter... him being a rat that got mutated who was originally a pet of Homato Yoshi (sp?) and the 80s 'toon in which he was Homato Yoshi and turned into a mutant humanoid rat. But none the less, the basics were always there.

But the idea of them being aliens is ridiculous.

And there's 2 ways that I see this going.... either the alien thing (with them being aliens) is some kind of major overall plot point that will have a major effect on the film as a whole, which will really upset fans and just make it more contraversial than it needs to be.

Or it's just their origin, and once they are "established" on earth, it will be 'business as usual' and they will still essentially be the characters that we love. And in this case, on the one hand, this will kind of be less intrusive for long time fans since once they get past the origin, things could be more or less the 'same' (or at least familiar enough), but at the same time it's almost more infuriating since it will render the change in their origin to be another pointless, unneeded change that they thrown in just to arbitrarily 'update' the franchise, and they could have just used the original origin and it wouldn't have any major effect on the profitability of the end product in any way.

Why does Hollywood have to screw everything up? It pretty much makes me not want to have a MOTU move happen at all, since the odds are really high of it getting screwed up.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

HD figures on youtube
    Crap on a cracker!

BBBAAAAAYYYY!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    (I was always more into stuff like MOTU, Thundercats, TMNT, Ghostbusters, and Voltron),
    Wow! We literally share love for the same childhood properties!

And you're right. The origin story has been mixed up a few times, but it was always still more or less the same with only a few details swapped around. Makign them aliens from another planet is a completely unneccsary change to the origin.

And on that subject, why do we need another origin? I hate how hollywood feels they always have to do the origin story. When TMNT came out it was almost a continuation of the previous live-action films, which was great! But every time there's a new cartoon, we get an origin. We got the origin story with the new IDW comic, the new Nick Toon will certainly give us an origin. And now this movie with it's jacked-up origin story.

I know it's still early, but I can't stop being upset about this. i think I'd rather watch Next Mutation and claim Venus is the coolest turtle...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: