View Poll Results: Would you prefer Batros with a furry buck or the standard human buck?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, he looks much better with a furry body!

29 49.15%
  • Nope, he looks better without fur!

30 50.85%

Thread: Would you prefer Batros having a "furry" body as opposed to the standard human buck?

Would you prefer Batros having a "furry" body as opposed to the standard human buck?

The title says it all. Batros is an awesome figure, but I canīt help but thinking he would be even more awesome if his body would have some sort of texture.
    So I whipped up a little photoshop pic of the Batros prototype shown at NYTF mixed with the texture of Stratosī buck.
    Judge for yourself and let me (and Mattel) know, which one you would prefer.

And before someone starts complaining that Batros didnīt have body hair in the Filmation cartoon: Neither did Stratos nor Beastman! This was a drawing and animation limitation, not neccessarily a design choice. So, while keeping the figure as faithful to the original as possible, a texture for his body would not contradict what we have seen in the cartoon! ;-)

Original Prototype vs. Photosop mock-up:

Reference: Stratos and Beastman in Filmation cartoon, showing no body hair!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

A furry body is a great idea! Cant say that I like your recoloring of the figure though

I'm fine with him coming as shown at NYTF. To me, Batros is aping the dress of batfolk who came ages before him... I've always seen him as a human who adopted this style and learned his powers through a vast amount of research into Eternia's past. He doesn't need to have a furry body, because he's not actually part bat, IMO.

Yeah, I like your furry idea!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    A furry body is a great idea! Cant say that I like your recoloring of the figure though
    Umm... I didnīt do that on purpose. This was a result of photoshop-merging the grey Stratos buck with the purple Batros figure. I couldnīt get the color back to the original. But you can see in the comparison pic that the skintone is just a little darker, it didnīt change drastically from the original.
    Positivity, folks!

Either one for me......I like him both ways. I voted furry though just for the heck of it

I'm perfectly fine with him as revealed....I don't see him needing to be furry, if he was furry, whatever, but I say leave him as he is.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

His body doesn't have fur in his cartoon appearance, so my vote goes for "NO fur". Fur is murder after all.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    His body doesn't have fur in his cartoon appearance, so my vote goes for "NO fur". Fur is murder after all.
    Please reread my initial posting. Not having fur in the cartoon was simply a drawing and animation limitation. Beastman, the hairy henchman, didnīt have fur in the cartoon either!
    Positivity, folks!

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    I think it's a great idea! Wish I wouldve thought of it myself. Count me on board for this idea. Probably far too late to suggest it though. Oh well, he's still cool as is.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

I like how Batros looks with a Stratos/Beast Man buck.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Please reread my initial posting. Not having fur in the cartoon was simply a drawing and animation limitation. Beastman, the hairy henchman, didnīt have fur in the cartoon either!
    Eh. So by that theory is Trap-Jaw hairy or Webstor?
    Don't get me wrong I think your idea is cool, but for me I know Batros to be smooth as a baby seal between his boots and cowl.

Vote yes for some reason I think Mattle would have used the Stators body for him if they made in the 80s.

I think he looks much better with the standard buck.

i dont think it matters. fine as is so i voted no fur. but fur would have been fine too. however since he has the furry hood i would imagine the fur is an affectation and he would not actually furry.

Human body is fine for me but it's not really a big deal either way.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Eh. So by that theory is Trap-Jaw hairy or Webstor?
    In no way! Both Trap Jaw and Webstor were figures first, and their figures were clean shaven. So it is logical that their cartoon pendants have no fur either.
    Beastman was a toy first, too. But he was drawn without fur in the cartoon. So this was obviously an animation limitation. Not a design choice.

Well, Trap-Jaw is a human and Webstor a spider. Batros is a bat and bats are hairy. That were my thoughts behind this idea. And I have the strong feeling that Mattel would have made him with a furry body, if he were a figure back in the vintage line. Even Zodac had fur on his chest

But itīs rather obvious by this point that the fanbase is very evenly divided. Half would want him as is, half would want him with fur. So I donīt see any change happening, even if Mattel would still have enough time to adjust the figure.
    Last edited by DJ Force; February 17, 2013 at 02:49am.
    Positivity, folks!