5 2.43%
  • Adora

4 1.94%
  • Adam

6 2.91%
  • other

51 24.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has been the most dissapointing Classic thus far?

Who has been the most dissapointing Classic thus far?

Of all the figures that have been either released or scheduled to be released, which has been the most dissapointing. Not your least favorite mind you! I may think Webstor is my least favorite but I think his classics incarnation is Waaay better than the original. So who has been the one who didnt' live up to the hype, or looked better on screen than in person, or just wasn't the way you imagined them?
    My vote: Evil Lyn. Perhaps she was a victim of her own good looks but the 2002 version was ASTOUNDING! I really wish, and I know about the whole classics resembling the original motif, but i really wish not just her paint, but the look of her face and body were more like the MYP productions version.
    Last edited by Captjhan; May 28, 2010 at 09:53pm.

Eh... in all honesty, I don't think there is a figure I could vote for on here. As far as I'm concerned, MOTUC is as good as it gets, and they all look fantastic to me.

My vote goes to Webstor.

Even though I do think the figure is awesome, I wish his extra limbs could be removed without taking his armor off.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I voted for the Marilyn Munster of the line...Adora.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    My vote goes to Tytus,
    I'm disappointed because he is too small imo.
    He should have been at least 16" at minimum.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    My vote goes to Webstor.

Even though I do think the figure is awesome, I wish his extra limbs could be removed without taking his armor off.
    Me too!!!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I too, find it hard to vote. Zodac is usually the figure I like the least, but if we are talking disappointments, Zodac hasn't let me down at all since that's what I was expecting.

I gotta say The Goddess and Teela because of the bobbleheads. Teela was a long awaited figure who had her impact blunted by a terrible flaw. Probably moreso The Goddess, since she has all of Teela's weaknesses, as well as breaks so easily.

So, it's The Goddess. The breakable, bobbleheaded Goddess, who will probably never be re-released since she did so poorly.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Definitely Hordak, for me more 200x

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde View Post
    Definitely Hordak, for me more 200x
    You think Hordak is 200X inspired? He's pretty classic to me, except for the staff and crossbow...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

For me it's Triclops. I think the whole three eye vusor is way to big / out of preportion to his face. I would have liked to have seen more of his 2K chain male loin cloth design worked into his current MOTUC figure.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Eh... in all honesty, I don't think there is a figure I could vote for on here. As far as I'm concerned, MOTUC is as good as it gets, and they all look fantastic to me.
    Keep in mind that I totally agree. They all do look great. But as we are all creatures of anticipation and expectation, I'm sure there was one that was .0000000000001% less satisfactory with you than the rest.

Normally I'd say that Tytus falls in this category, but there is one figure that's been most disappointing to me: Keldor.
    Yes Keldor looks cool, but he feels lacking. (mostly for being a Bonus figure)
    I'll start with the Cape. Yes it looks cool, but they're promoting it as a special accessory that you need to buy Keldor TWICE so you can use it on Skeletor. Unfortunately the cape has a huge gap on its back that looks bad on Keldor and worse on Skeletor.
    -The Arms: They coulde have used the "evil fin" arms on Keldor and painted the fins to look like Gauntlets. (which would be keeping the same spiky motif as Keldor's boots.)
    The Triklops/Randor wristbands don't look as great. They look hyperdetailed on Keldor.
    The completely different shade of Purple doesn't match Skeletor's. So you can't swap heads with Keldor and have a nice looking "filmation" Skeletor to match the 2pack He-Man. (or even an MYP Skeletor.)
    -The lack of a melty face head: The 200X Keldor had it and it looked awesome. It was more gruesome than the cartoon, but they could've toned it down for MOTUC and we could display Keldor making the pact with Hordak. Or having Keldor getting his face melted by the power of Randor's Rock & Roll (assuming you own a couple of Electric guitars that fit the MOTUC scale). I mean what's the point of the Acid vial if Keldor can't have his Acid side-effect face?
    -The lack of "Anime Hyper detailed" Swords: Keldor without them looks like he is missing something. The half swords just don't cut it.
    Hopefully somewhere along the line the 200X skeleswords can be released (with the Anime Hyper Detail reduced or eliminated) and rectify this seemingly small mistake. (and no the vintage power sword is not the 200X skeleswords without the anime hyperdetail)

Unlike Tytus who has functionality problems all over the place (and is a shrimp of a giant), Keldor is more disappointing for me because I have a bigger attachment to Keldor as a character.

I will try to get one on the fifteenth, but She-Ra and Faker are higher on my priority list.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil-lyn with that terrible case of jaundice of hers....

Screech was the only reason I wanted her anyway.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

This look has proven to be a very hard act to follow.....

As quickly as Evil-Lyn sold out, I tend to disagree.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    ___Tytus___

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    As quickly as Evil-Lyn sold out, I tend to disagree.
    At this point, the could sell a weapons pack of Adam's favorite jocky's and it would sell out in two minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    My vote goes to Tytus,
    I'm disappointed because he is too small imo.
    This was exactly the reason I also voted Tytus.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    At this point, the could sell a weapons pack of Adam's favorite jocky's and it would sell out in two minutes.
    True, but not every figure has the same production numbers. I'd be surprised if Evil-Lyn's numbers weren't a lot higher than the Weapon's Pak or Optikk.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    In my opinion, Mo-Larr has been the most disappointing figure this far.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    In my opinion, Mo-Larr has been the most disappointing figure this far.
    same here. it is a joke but not a motu item at all.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You think Hordak is 200X inspired? He's pretty classic to me, except for the staff and crossbow...
    I agree but especially the head is 200x, and the long pants have nothing to do..

I voted for Webstor. Cool character and good design overall, but his backpack being jacked up really did it in for him, in my opinion.

But really, MOTUC is the bee's knees. I haven't complained too much about anything!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'm going with Tytus simply because my "WOW" factor with him faded quicker than with anyone else. I knew the artiluation was limited from Pixel Dan's review, but there was some part of me hoping mine would be able to work around such limitations. Like I've said before, Battle Cat is a comletely unique sculpt that has more articulation and proves to be nearly as tall on his hind legs as a big He-Man. Part of me looks at that in a positive manner though, it does say something for Battle Cat.

Evil Lyn, definately. I hate the yellow look, and really wanted them to put more effort into the figure than just repainting the exact same Teela body.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.