Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too many vintage MOTU figures in Classics so far?

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar

Too many vintage MOTU figures in Classics so far?

O.k. Before I am lynched, hear me out.

In 2008/2009, all of the monthly figures in the motuc line were characters that were released in the vintage line. - 14 vintage characters in all. This was probably to establish the line and because of the initial plans of the line being a series of motu two-packs, etc...

2010 - if the rumors are true (roboto and man-e-faces or buzz off being the vintage figures along with carnivus and bow), the line-up will look like this (as far as the monthly non-bonus figures go:

6 vintage motu
    3 POP
    1 NA
    2 200x characters

This is probably bit more what we will be looking at going forward, but is it still too heavy on the vintage characters? I realize that many collectors are primarily there for the vintage MOT'ers, but if the line is planned to continue through 2016, we could have a problem with the current percentage of Vintage figures.

If I am counting correctly, there are 37 vintage characters left to do. This includes heroes, villains, snake men, and horde. So, in essence, they could continue at 6 vintage characters per year. The problem is, this number includes Rotar, Twistoid, Dragstor, the movie figures... Figures that are wanted by many (myself included), but not exactly heavy hitters.

I guess, what I'm worried about is that we are using up the big guns too quickly. I think this was exacerbated by the sole use of vintage during 2008/2009. I know Mattel has this all planned out, but it almost feels like they haven't planned well as far as holding big name figures for each year. I know Clawful and Spikor are highly wanted, but are they enough to anchor a year's line?

I'm one of those that are in for all of the characters in this line, but if it peters out before we can get to characters like Tallstar, Photog, and Extendar, I'll be sad. I just worry that Mattel is "blowing their wad," so to speak. Am I just crazy and over-thinking it all?

(Sorry this is so long. Just had a lot of thoughts... )
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I posted nearly the exact same thing earlier today. I agree wholeheartedly. And with no current rumors of Horde or Snakemen on the horizon, it only gets worse I think.
    Please don't try to contact me thru heman.org about casted parts. That is specifically against there guidelines and out of respect for them don't do it. I rarely visit this site any more anyway so any messages more than likely wont be seen for a month. Facebook is the best way, i check there daily.

Quick! Grap the pitchfork and lighter fluid! j/k

Well I count about 41 vintage MOTU figures yet to be announced (including Megator) but not including some heavy hitter-variants like: BA Skeletor, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Hurricane Hordak.

But even at 37 figures, at 6 vintage MOTU per year, that would equate to about an extra 6 years worth of stringing out the vintage figures. Then add on top the very popular figures from the other media: Queen Marlena, Catra, Glimmer, Angella, Evilseed, Frosta, it seems to me that there would be ample core figures to support the line into the future - if Mattel stuck to a 6 vintage MOTU figure strategy. (And this is without factoring in fan-favorite FILMation characters like Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia and Fang Man, etc).

I think the problem is Mattel doesn't actually have a 6 vintage MOTU figure strategy. It is more like a 9 or 10 figure strategy. Look at this year:
    - BA He-Man
    - Trap Jaw
    - Moss Man
    - Evil Lyn
    - Tytus
    - Orko
    - Prince Adam
    - Whiplash
    - Roboto/Buzz Off (rumour)
    - Man-E-Faces (rumour)

And then add in Battle Cat on top (and Screeech if you like!).

At this rate we will be out of vintage MOTU figures (core and non-core) and beasts (Panthor, Stridor, Swift Wind) well within 4 years.

I am guessing we can look forward to greater diversity in offerings over the coming years and, sadly, less frequent vintage MOTU figures.

regardless of anything else I agree. They do seem to be comming out vintage heavy and I am worried about what that could mean for the future of the line.

WIth that being said, I would want them to be Classic (vintage) heavy. As it stands I'm impressed just how varied it has been.

What I'm hoping for I suppose is that before it becomes unprofitable to keep up making the line, I get basically ALL of the original figures, Twistoid, ect included without too many of the second or third tier characters in the other lines.

I want basically all of the original characters, a goodly number of the Pop, a couple of NA and 200x (there's only a handfull of strictly 200x figures possible anyway) and nearly any unique or special figure (Unproduced, non american release, prototypes, concepts ect) that they can throw at me.

If this were to come to pass, I'm afraid for those who want ALL of the Pop NA or what have you not getting everything in their particular line. I dont want ALL of EVERYTHING but I want people to get everything they want. I dont see how that's possible but I'd like to belive in it.

That's why I feel once they get kinda thin on original vintage characters and have to draw largely on NA or POP ect, that's when they'll start droping the FIlmation characters. I belive years from now if the line is still going, this will happen. THose charcters will revitalize the line for anyone who plenty of POP or NA ect alone is not enough for.

Till then, it's been a great ride, I am excited to see where it goes.

Worst case scenario I feel (ignoring they just kil teh line) is that their production numbers will drastically fall but they will continue to re-release popular characters and continue to make figures for those willing to buy them. They are playing this close to the chest to enable it to last "Till it's done" so as long as their is some profit to be made, they can keep going even on very small numbers.

So we dont need ALL "top" characters to last, they planed for that.

Filmation...

If they acquire the rights, the line-ups will change a lot. If not, they can do it like this and fill up the slots fine (using the 6 Vintage MOTU, 3 POP, 1-2 NA, and 1-2 200X, 1-2 Proto/mini-comic)

Adora
    Trap Jaw
    Moss Man
    Evil-Lyn
    Optikk
    She-Ra
    Count Marzo
    Whiplash
    Roboto
    Carnivus
    Man-E-Faces
    Bow

BEAST/BONUS: BA He-Man, Keldor, King Grayskull, Prince Adam/Orko - SDCC, Mo-Larr - SDCC, Battle Cat, Heroic Guards, Tytus, Gygor

Marlena
    Snout Spout
    Rattlor
    Clawful
    Rio Blast
    Rokkon
    Frosta
    Catra
    Sweet Bee
    Hydron
    Lord Dactys
    Dekker

BONUS/BEAST: BA Skeletor, Hurricane Hordak, NA He-Man, SB She-Ra, Swift Wind, Megator, Horde Trooper 2-pack, Panthor

Buzz Off
    Mekaneck
    Stinkor
    Jitsu
    Fisto
    Sorceress
    Angella
    Mermista
    Entrapta
    Flogg
    Flipshot
    Prahvus

BONUS/BEAST: 200X Evil-Lyn, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Thunder Punch He-Man, SS Catra, Clawdeen, Mantisaur, Arrow, Shadow Beast, Eldor - SDCC (??)

Blade
    King Hsss
    Blast Attack
    Clamp Champ
    Gwildor
    Mantenna
    Castaspella
    Netossa
    Peekablue
    Lizorr
    Tuskador
    King Miro

BONUS/BEAST: 200X Sorceress, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Style guide or vintage toy Catra (whichever doesn't come first), Storm, Stridor, Shadow Beast, Sagitar, Granamyr - SDCC (??)

Saurod
    Extendar
    Grizzlor
    Kobra Kahn
    Ram Man
    Stonedar
    Double Trouble
    Spinnerella
    Glimmer
    Quakke
    Darius
    Geldor

BONUS/BEAST: 200X Randor, Snake Armor He-Man, Demo-Man (maybe), vintage toy She-Ra, Crystal Sundancer, Wind Raider (I believe they will do smaller vehicles as "Beasts"), Night Stalker, Serpos, ?? - SDCC

Modulok
    Snake Face
    Spikor
    Sy-Klone
    Tung Lashor
    Mosquitor
    Perfuma
    Flutterina
    Octavia (assuming she is a Mattel property as is suspected)
    Spinwit
    Hoove
    Veena

BONUS/BEAST - "Barbarian" He-Man, Blue Mini-Comic Hordak, NA Skeletor, 200X Randor, Sky Sled, Rotar/Twistoid, Artilla (from NA... just make him bigger and cooler), Roton, Point Dread & Talon Fighter - SDCC (??)

Two-Bad
    Sssqueeze
    Ninjor
    Dragstor
    Leech
    Multi-bot
    Granita (from mini-comic)
    Sharella (Human form)
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Staghorn
    Karatti

BONUS/BEAST: Disks of Doom Skeletor, Bubble Power She-Ra, Battle Armor Marlena, Snake Armor King Grayskull, Battle Lion, Shuttle Pod (NA), Attack Trak,
    Star Sisters 3-pack - SDCC (??)

LEAVES: Nocturna, Butthead, Mara (prototype), and possibly characters like
    Lodar, Master Sebrian (TG said NA Prince Adam was available, so maybe Sebrian
    is too)

THIS ASSUMES:
    -Kowl will be a pack-in with BOW?
    -Loo-Kee will be a pack-in with Peekablue?
    -Oediphus will be a pack-in with Stinkor?
    Last edited by bcrduke; May 30, 2010 at 03:10am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

In answer to the question: No.

I want the central MOTU characters done first, fastest and while this line still has a lifespan.

While it's chugging along with it's sell-outs nicely at present there is no guarantee it will run all the way to 2018 - this is cost concious Matty we are dealing with and the World is still in a fanancial mess - so I would like as many of the characters I like done and dusted......if the occassional Optikk comes along to break up the flow then I'm fine with that because he's a good figure.

Selfish? Yes, but then most personal opinions are.

And 2016 before I get a Two-Bad....say it aint so BCR.......

Well although I would like to see the vintage completed and get Man-E-Faces and Ram Man, I wouldn't mind a long break before having to purchase something again. So I wouldn't mind if there weren't anything vintage until either the end of the year or next year. That makes it just that bit easier on the wallet and doesn't mean a vintage figure every other month, which is still expensive.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing View Post

I want the central MOTU characters done first, fastest and while this line still has a lifespan.

While it's chugging along with it's sell-outs nicely at present there is no guarantee it will run all the way to 2018 - this is cost concious Matty we are dealing with and the World is still in a fanancial mess - so I would like as many of the characters I like done and dusted......if the occassional Optikk comes along to break up the flow then I'm fine with that because he's a good figure.

Selfish? Yes, but then most personal opinions are.

And 2016 before I get a Two-Bad....say it aint so BCR.......
    I agree.

I think that all the figures so called "vintage" (word used by young people to refer to old stuff ) should be done faster. Those figures are the "classics" (word used by old people to refer to stuff that is as old as themselves ) and a lot of people would be disappointed if the line closes (hope not) before they make every core character from the 80's line.

Elder Councilman
    to be fair, I still think 2010 was a year to "establish" the line, much like '09 was.

I think they'll mix things up quite a bit in '11.

I know I'm gonna get lynched for this, but....I think Toyguru knows what he's doing.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Most people are in for the vintage MOTU characters, so they need to be included more than the other properties to get people to stay interested and buy the club Eternia subscription. This is where the line is still establishing. I'm sure Orko & Prince Adam will cause a major publicity at this years SDCC to establish an even stronger foothold.

I too am in for the long run, and want almost all of the characters of all properties being released as MOTUC figures. I believe releasing a few major players a year is necessary to keep the interest in the line going for most of us. I guess it's like an adrenaline rush to see one of your favorites being revealed. I can't wait to see what Mattel has in store for us at the SDCC
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    No, There aren't enough vintage figures in the line. I have zero interest in the NA or MYP figures. This is the classics line and the figures from 1982 to 1987 should take priority. Just my opinion.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The majority of the figures already released are vintage characters--19 of them. The line is at the point to where even the much debated NA character Optikk and non-nostalgic Tytus have sold out, enraging fans.

MOTUC isn't the vintage line all over again, as NYTF has proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing View Post

And I want the POP, NA and 200X characters while the line can still produce them. If we all got the vintage characters that we want this year, what will come out next year? Mattel wants MOTUC to last as long as possible, and I would think the fans would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    I agree.

I think that all the figures so called "vintage" (word used by young people to refer to old stuff ) should be done faster. Those figures are the "classics" (word used by old people to refer to stuff that is as old as themselves ) and a lot of people would be disappointed if the line closes (hope not) before they make every core character from the 80's line.
    I disagree. I was around since MOTU began in 82' and I throw around "vintage". Vintage seemingly means adherence to old ideas even though newer ideas make way more sense. My tastes have matured since then. I'd rather have a Clawful that looks like a crab man than a WCW luchador.

I'm the original fan who likes innovation (when it's actually good) and not held to the original style when better or more thought out ideas prevent themselves to make already great characters even better today.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 30, 2010 at 09:07am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I want as many characters from all eras so im not fussed which characters are released when. If anything im more interested in getting some more NA characters as many 80s characters have already had two figures made of them thanks to the 200X line.

Wow!

When you look at all the awesome work bcrduke has put into that list, it just goes to show how reliant we will be on extras like the DC vs MOTU 2 packs if we ever want to see vintage mini-comic re-paints/variants such as DC Bikini Teela, blue-vest Prince Adam, green Trap Jaw, 'Avatar' caucasian Stratos, blue-wing Stratos, red Beast Man, etc.

That list takes us all the way to 2017 without FILMation characters, or mini-comic characters such as Garn, or the Cardboard Robot Defendor, or Hawk or ...

Makes me hope fans support the line enough for 2 new releases each and every month just to speed things up.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; May 30, 2010 at 10:12am.

I believe that the line is a bit too vintage heavy. It feels more like rehashing the vintage line with a few sprinkles of the other lines. I'm afraid that Mattel will run out of "vintage characters" before I get some PoP , NA, and 200X characters that I'd like.

The first year threw out most of the big guns. Will rotar and twistoid have super fast sell outs?

Hopefully some of the never before seen as a toy characters can help spice up the line.
    (And this is coming from a guy who hates Gygor.)

Sure! I'd love to have Ram Man, Man-e-Faces, Two Bad before many other characters, but I'd rather wait a bit for them than having "teh lien killed" because everyone got the vintage MOTU figs.

While I LOVE the vintage toys I can see beyond the nostalgia and acknowledge that some of the vintage designs were just plain bad. (Buzz-off and Clawful come to mind) I welcome the addition of 200X detail (neutered enough to fit MOTUC) and I hope we see more of it... (Especially on Buzz-Off, Clwful and Snout Spout)

To end this small partially incoherent ramble. Yes MOTUC is more vintage heavy. Most MOTU characters ARE from Vintage MOTU. so that makes it a bit Vintage heavy. We were told that "200X" versions of characters are a no (unless there is a huge design difference between vintage and 200X). That kills a huge amount of 200X toys and reduces the characters to almost zero.

Now bring on Snake Mountain!! (Yes SM before CG!! and looking like the Skeletor/Luthor 2 pack) and dont kill "teh lien" Matty!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The majority of the figures already released are vintage characters--19 of them. The line is at the point to where even the much debated NA character Optikk and non-nostalgic Tytus have sold out, enraging fans.

MOTUC isn't the vintage line all over again, as NYTF has proven.

And I want the POP, NA and 200X characters while the line can still produce them. If we all got the vintage characters that we want this year, what will come out next year? Mattel wants MOTUC to last as long as possible, and I would think the fans would as well.

I disagree. I was around since MOTU began in 82' and I throw around "vintage". Vintage seemingly means adherence to old ideas even though newer ideas make way more sense. My tastes have matured since then. I'd rather have a Clawful that looks like a crab man than a WCW luchador.

I'm the original fan who likes innovation (when it's actually good) and not held to the original style when better or more thought out ideas prevent themselves to make already great characters even better today.
    Max, normally I tend to agree with your defence of all things 200x (I like it too) but it isn't necessary here - it's a personal opinion I was giving, and my opinion is based on what I want to see, and what we are likely to get.

If we get Clawful at all it will be in the Classics style - it wont be 200x and that's not my influence, yours or anyone else's but Matty that's already decided the policy for this Line....so for this topic that's pretty irrelevant.

I want Man-E, Roboto, Buzz-Off, Two-Bad and the like, and I want them before the Line ends (for whatever reason) and as I'm not quite so confident as many on here that the Line will live another 6/8 years. That's the reason for my desire to see the original MOTU cast of characters safely done.

It's ok to disagree, and many will, but the majority probably wont.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    For 2011 I'd like to see less vintage and more POP, NA and 200x figures. Less, not none. Vintage fans have had the Commerative Series in this decade. POP and NA have had NO love since the 80's/early 90's. I'd really like to see the lesser lines get a majority of their characters out first THEN start up the vintage main line.

If it helps, I made a list of all the toys that have previously been released.

If we assume that all variants or refreshes of characters (like Buzz Saw Hordak, Bubble Power She-Ra and Too-Tall Hoove) will only be released as Bonus figures - if they're released at all - then the number of figures that can be reproduced as Monthly figures are as follows:

MOTU: 56 figures
    POP: 16 figures
    NEW ADV: 10 figures
    200X: 2 figures

These aren't numbers of characters, these are just figures that were previously produced. Characters like Carnivus or Marzo aren't included. The 200X range only had two truly original figures to my recollection: Keldor and the Slime Pit Mutant.

So if all Matty wanted to do was reproduce all the original figures then the ratio of MOTU to POP to New Adventures should be 56:16:10.

Or to put another way for every 1 New Adventures character produced, they should make 1-2 POP figures and 5-6 MOTU figures.

So far in the MOTUC range we've had 19 monthly figures.
    17 of those have been MOTU, 1 has been New Adventures and 1 previously unproduced (Adora).

So, musclor is entirely correct. Statistically speaking, there's been a disproportionate number of MOTU figures so far. But perhaps that isn't surprising at the beginning of the line. From what we know of the coming months, it seems that the rate of MOTU figures is starting to slow.

Of course, Mattel don't want to just produce figures that were immortalised in plastic in the past. Exclusives, bonus figures, large-scale figures, pack-ins and two-packs flesh out the range in different ways.

I think if managed correctly, this line could last until 2016. There also seems a fair chance that we'll be getting more figures more quicklly as the years pass. So hopefully, I don't have to wait until 2016 for Leech!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    We were told that "200X" versions of characters are a no (unless there is a huge design difference between vintage and 200X). That kills a huge amount of 200X toys and reduces the characters to almost zero.
    "Almost zero"? They've done or confirmed Zodak, Marzo, Keldor and Faceless One already, and Carnivus seems inevitable at this point. On top of that, we KNOW they're planning to do 200X Sorceress, Randor, Adam and ["can't imagine she'd be just a repaint"] Evil-Lyn down the line, along with Snake Armour He-Man. And there are other potential MYP cartoon characters like Dekker, Veena, Oracle and Hawke, not to mention the 200X influence on characters like Whiplash...

IMHO they should just release the vintage MOTU ASAP so the rest of who want to collect other era`s can. I pray for a day when I can order Hoove or Catra with no RSOD

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    "Almost zero"? They've done or confirmed Zodak, Marzo, Keldor and Faceless One already, and Carnivus seems inevitable at this point. On top of that, we KNOW they're planning to do 200X Sorceress, Randor, Adam and ["can't imagine she'd be just a repaint"] Evil-Lyn down the line, along with Snake Armour He-Man. And there are other potential MYP cartoon characters like Dekker, Veena, Oracle and Hawke, not to mention the 200X influence on characters like Whiplash...
    He probably means 200X translations of all the characters (i.e., 200X He-Man or Skeletor), leaving the new MYP characters or the radically different designs.

We went from 30+ 200X designs to probably 5.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The way Mattel constantly seems to imply that this line could be killed at any moment by a bad decision, I think the fear of the line ending without certain prominent characters such as Buzz-off, Ram-Man, etc., is at least possible. I'd imagine that if things started turning south, Mattel would pop out a couple big guns from the vintage line to pull in some profit, and many of the popular figures (except for Ram-Man ) require little new tooling.

Some companies have used this marketing scheme of withholding popular characters and it has worked, while others have done so and ended up with major characters missing when the line ended. Hopefully it works here.

I know Mattel would most likely be opposed to this, but a way of holding back big guns while still giving us the characters in a classics style would be to make the first release of a character 200x inspired and then release the original version later down the line. Not really ideal for all fans, but it might work to keep folks waiting for certain figures while at least having a version of the character if things got bad.

I just worry that next year's sales model is going to polarize many casual fans: The ones who don't post on the forums, but possibly buy the figures when they can. Scarcity marketing is a gimmick that only works for so long and the subscriptions seem to ask far too much of a more casual collector. I'd hate for these to compound before we complete the main cast.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I just want a Sorceress based off her vintage look before the line ends. Really, that's all!

PS - I am buying the 2011 Sub but I also have fears of this line ending before we see them all. Or who knows? Maybe this line will go as strong as DCUC??

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He probably means 200X translations of all the characters (i.e., 200X He-Man or Skeletor), leaving the new MYP characters or the radically different designs.

We went from 30+ 200X designs to probably 5.
    What MGM said is mostly what I meant.
    Out of the confirmed "200X" characters in MOTUC which had toys?
    Zodak and Keldor. That's almost Zero. From 50+ we officially have 2 and promises of Randor, Evil Lyn, Sorceress and Adam. 6 out of 50+ (counting variants but not repaints) is still not that good. a "200X" head or a weapon is sometimes not enough to make the figure a "200X" version.

King Grayskull had no 200X toy, neither did Marzo nor the Faceless One. So those guys fall on the Never before seen as a toy category. Like Marlena (if they make her), Adora, Gygor, etc.

I don't trust the promise of "200X" versions of characters with different designs until I see them. He-man was considered a nice way to refresh him down the line. Now can't be made. Sorry, He WON'T be made according to Toyguru.

The line is vintage heavy as it is, but Mattel apparently wants to keep it that way. Case in point "200X" He-Man. in the excuse of avoiding "anime Hyper detail" the possible "200X" He-Man was reduced to being a simple He-Repaint and shot down. The Mullet that 200X He-Man sports became an "anime Hyper Detail" (even if the mullet came from the 80s.) Anything else that would make "200X" He-man different form MOTUC He-Man was considered "anime Hyper Detail"

What's stopping Mattel to say non yellow skin is Anime Hyper Detail, or being 16 and wearing pants, or having an Egyptian motif?

I don't want to turn this into a Vintage vs 200X, but I'd like to have at least the main Hero and Villain representing All Eras. (Vintage, NA and 200X versions in MOTUC.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I like seeing the "Optikk" and "Marzo" every so often...for extra 'flavor' in the line. I am not buying them.

A figure like Adora / Marlena / Palace Guard <---(how do they do him without filmation?) are absolute treasures...never made AT ALL but very necessary.

As for the POP / NA they really are just going to be icing on the cake - the line is supposed to be VINTAGE HE-MAN ...everything else they sneak in is going to be gravy.

If they 'balance out' the line...the POP will sell slower, there will be a lot less demand on the EBAY market and once the 'real' fans get them, no one else will buy them and online sellers will start dumping them and avoid buying them every month. Too many of them will slow down the line...it will stay strong with mostly vintage...and this toy line is 'for a limited time only'.

I think a month like June is ideal - 1 needed reissue (Faker) / 1 new figure (Keldor) / 1 VINTAGE figure (SHE RA). More months like this will keep everyone happy.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572