Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra comes back on DVD!

She-Ra comes back on DVD!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/She...nnounced/13839

Where darkness rules, fights the champion of light! Armed with the Sword of Protection atop her winged unicorn, Swift Wind, She-Ra, twin sister of He-Man, is the defender of Crystal Castle. Together with the members of the Great Rebellion, She-Ra stands ready against Hordak and the Evil Horde, fighting to bring peace to Etheria. "For the honor of Grayskull...I am She-Ra!"
    In 2004 the Filmation library of television shows was purchased by a British company, Entertainment Rights ("ER"), who licensed the North American home video rights for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe to BCI Eclipse. BCI did a great job releasing He-Man on DVD in 2005-06, so ER also dealt them the DVD rights to other Filmation shows, including She-Ra: Princess of Power. Following She-ra's equally terrific DVD releases in 2006-07, BCI bagan to fall on hard times as the beginnings of the late-2000s economic recession began to be felt. By the end of 2008, parent company Navarre had shut down BCI, and quite a few of the properties whose home video rights were contracted to them had been left in limbo. Many of those properties ended up at Mill Creek Entertainment, but the various Filmation library titles have never been among them.

Since ER currently owns Classic Media, the studio which produces DVD releases of such animated classics as Rocky & Bullwinkle, Casper the Friendly Ghost, Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, Underdog and others, it made sense to us all along that the Filmation properties would probably land over at Classic at some point. Today we've learned that this is now happening! Classic Media and distributor Vivendi Entertainment have begun solicating to retailers a September 7th DVD release of She-Ra: Princess of Power - The Complete Series. It's described as a 10-disc set with 93 episodes running approx. 2000 minutes (33+ hours) long. These will be presented in the original full-frame video and English mono audio of the television broadcasts. It is NOT known whether or not The He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special is included as part of this package (it's not mentioned, and the 93-episode count wouldn't seem to include it). Nor is there any reference to the "film edit" version of the original 5 episodes, "The Secret of the Sword". On the other hand, we do know that there will be some "swag" included inside of the packaging: Classic/Vivendi's solicitation to retailers mentions that bonus material found inside the box will include "T-shirt iron on, mini comic and more!" All of this will be enclosed by "eye-catching" collectible packaging with an elaborate o-ring outer card. This is all timed to tie-in with the 25th Anniversary of She-Ra, and even though the new DVD releases aren't happening until the near-fall time of year, Mattel is promoting the She-ra character with a new action figure at their Comic-Con booth in June, so visitors to that event in the coming weeks can probably expect to find out more about Classic Media's DVDs while there.

Package art images and pricing for She-Ra: Princess of Power - The Complete Series was not available in the information we saw, but Classic/Vivendi is keeping in mind that not everybody can afford an elaborate 10-DVD set right now. So they are also planning a lower-end 2-DVD package with the show's first 20 episodes, titled She-Ra: Princess of Power - Season 1, Volume 1. Keep in mind that BCI's now-discontinued releases had included a six-disc set of the exact same title, with thirty-three episodes on those discs. However, Classic Media's new release isn't following the same blueprint, so don't expect it to be the same: it has fewer discs and episodes, to ring up a lower price at the cash register. It will be available on the same date as The Complete Series collection: September 7th. On-disc extras and in-box bonus items, if any, weren't mentioned for this title in the info provided to retailers. Nor do we have specific pricing or package art for it yet, either. Also, there has not yet been any word about new DVD releases of the original 1983 Filmation He-Man series. Stay tuned, however, and we'll update you as soon as we find out anything further!
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Sweet! I'll be sure to add these to my collection!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

On the other hand, we do know that there will be some "swag" included inside of the packaging: Classic/Vivendi's solicitation to retailers mentions that bonus material found inside the box will include "T-shirt iron on, mini comic and more!"

Mini-comic!?!? SWEET! I already own the series, but I'll buy it again just for that!

Sallah

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Great news!!!!! I want one of this too.

OMG- what does this mean?! I will most definitely be buying this set!

Mini-comic?! Interesting!

I do wonder you know...remember how King Grayskull was advertised in the second MOTU 200x DVD boxset? How amazing would it be if Shadow Weaver was advertised as September's figure inside this set?!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

*shaking and crying*

I can't. I just can't. Mini-comic. *dies*

EDIT

Hey guys, check out this page on Classic Media's site. Scroll down to the bottom. Looks like the cover art.

http://www.classicmedia.tv/pr/shera/

We're all SHE-RAED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's the greatest heroine the MOTU FILMATION multi-universe has ever had!

(YES, Etheria is placed in a dimension alternate to Eternia's one... the planets are dimensional/parallel "counterparts").
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Since I already own the BCI DVD releases, I doubt I will buy this, but it is still pretty cool news. The mini-comic does sound intriguing. It sounds like they will be putting quite a few episodes per disc, though. I guess they are doing 20 episodes for the regular season volume sets due to the poor sales of BCI's Season 1/Volume 2 and Season 2 sets.

Heroic Warrior
    That is awesome news! I can't find Season 2 for a decent price anywhere, and it's the only volume I'm missing from the BCI releases. Maybe the prices for Season 2 will go down now. I will definitely get the complete series when it comes out!

Well, I hate to pooh-pooh, but I am NOT buying this series again, as much as I would want the goodies.

I think it's good for the people who missed out the first time, though.
    Last edited by LeelooMinai; May 31, 2010 at 03:59pm.
    Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat

Hoping the mini-comic is an all-new adventure and not just a reprint of the original Story of She-Ra mini. :P

Ouch! I almost feel ashamed to see my art on such a poorly executed pakcaging
    And look like the only used the old vector illustrations I did for ER even before working for the BCI DVD.
    I would have hoped for a reuse of the tons of art we did for our DVD, but now, they went even cheaper than that.
    I have also no word for the logo, I really feel like they have butchered the work I did on that one.. sigh

Now that we see they went so cheap, do we really want to speculate they have invested money in producing a new minicomic?
    By looking at the packaging, I think the chances are next to zero.
    I bet it will be a printed version of the old SOTS comic that I scanned page by page and put on the DVD...
    And since I provided only a low rez PDF for that, I doubt it will look any good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hoping the mini-comic is an all-new adventure and not just a reprint of the original Story of She-Ra mini. :P

Odds are it will be...but we can dream...

Beyond. The. Azure. Star. Caverns.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Hi,

Well this is good news, having He-Man, She-Ra or both on the stores shelves itīs good, specially because I have read that some fans couldnīt get the BCI sets, so this is a great opportunity.

In my case, I want so much that they include the spanish track, since BCI couldnīt include the spanish dub on the last set because of the financial trouble, and since the R4 DVDs(Mexican edition) and the R2(Spanish Edition) were cancelled, we have no hopes on having the entire series on DVD with the spanish dub, I donīt know if they have plans to include the dub, I really hope so, but I have a feeling that the set will only include the English track, but if they release the series with both tracks, then count me in with the last season or maybe with the complete series

Anyway, Iīm happy for this news, actually I checked TVshowsonDVD on the morning and when I saw the title:

"She-Ra: Princess of Power: Fabulous Secrets Are Revealed: DVD Re-releases Coming from Classic Media"

It just brought a smile on my face

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Now that we see they went so cheap, do we really want to speculate they have invested money in producing a new minicomic?
    By looking at the packaging, I think the chances are next to zero.
    I bet it will be a printed version of the old SOTS comic that I scanned page by page and put on the DVD...
    And since I provided only a low rez PDF for that, I doubt it will look any good too.
    I agree the art isn't great.

Classic Media put out a couple new comics for Casper's 60th anniversary, so that's the main reason I think there's a tiny chance for a new POP mini-comic. Knowing our luck it probably won't happen, but I am crossing my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Odds are it will be...but we can dream...

Beyond. The. Azure. Star. Caverns.

You can't do this to me. You just can't!
    Last edited by Tallstar; May 31, 2010 at 04:37pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think it depends on how much conversation has gone on between Classic Media and Mattel. If they're hoping to capitalise on She-Ra's release and some sort of exposure at Comic Con (this may be purely speculation), Mattel would want something back...

...this can only be a good thing.

Of course I'm dreaming with the spanish track too... but looking at the cover I doubt it, but this is like Razor said our only chance now.

I just can't believe how impossible is to get the second season in spanish!
    BCI had problems, Zima in Mexico only released 5 episodes, the release from Spain cancelled!!!! OMG!!! Is there something or someone behind all this?

Anyway, it's good to have She-Ra back in a complete series release.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I'll be picking up the complete series. Sure, I already have the BCI releases, but a back-up is always nice! I am fine with the complete series packaging: Just She-Ra in your face. It isn't as cool looking as the BCI Best Of, but hey, win some lose some. Case in point: the pink on the single edition needs to go.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    It's very plain, I agree but I love the 25th anniversary on top.

I hope they re-release He-Man, I really need a new season 1 because a couple of my BCI discs are jacked from the packaging error.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

interesting. if the extra stuff is cool enough i may buy this and give the disks to my nieces.

i'd bet the comic would be new since the mini comics are mattel's property and there would be a big legal quagmire to get through to use them.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm in the process of collecting the boxsets so this may be good to get though I'll still want the collector card sets that come with the BCI sets. The mini comic sounds interesting. I'm in agreement that it will probably be a reprint but I dont care, I still want it. I wonder what the price will be? I hope it's affordable, I'm a little short on cash these days.

The package image isn't loading on my PC, can someone post it?

EDIT: I just noticed that these will be on mono...that bites, I hate mono, the BCI sets are stereo. I might still get these though, I want the mini comic.
    Last edited by Darkness; June 1, 2010 at 12:36am.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

how can these be in MONO? Won't they be re-using the existing ones?

i wont be getting these but it will help those who didnt get the series on its original release. the only way i will get heman and shera again is if it came out to blue ray and alot more special features with voice actors and more episode information, but i dont like what the audio will be since it will be degraded and the art is not as good either
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    EDIT: I just noticed that these will be on mono...that bites, I hate mono, the BCI sets are stereo. I might still get these though, I want the mini comic.
    Not sure why the press release says Mono, they are just using what BCI already did and possibly shrinking it down like what was done to the MYP series

But the audio should stay in tact, digital audio files for DVD are so small in size anyway it saves nothing to convert them to mono. Not to mention the added cost of having to do that in the first place

Don't be surprised if the audio is the same as what BCI released
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I think the MONO mention is a typo