Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: She-Ra comes back on DVD!

Just got my set in the mail and I love it, I really don't see what all the complaints have been about! I like the packaging, I mean the series was originally aimed towards little girls so the notebook style doesn't bother me I actually appreciate the 80's style they chose. The stickers are great, the iron-on is cool looking. I love the reflective backgrounds, especially on the binder, its going to look cool sitting on the shelf with the other MOTU and POP sets. Yeah the discs only have she-ra on them, but whatever she is the star of the show and how much time do you spend looking at the discs when they aren't in the case or player anyways? The menus are alright, not bad, I actually kinda like'em. And yeah they dont have the trivia, episode reviews or bonus facts, but James' Unofficial She-Ra Guide will have all that stuff so that's no problem.

All in all a great set, and for only $60 I dont think anyone should sleep on it, even if it does eventually go down in price. I mean if everyone waits to buy it then it might not be around for long, like with the BCI sets. Just my opinion though, please dont anyone think I'm talking directly about or to them.
    I have lots of MOTU figures from every line as well as all BCI/Eclipse dvd sets for sale in the marketplace.

dvd sets - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211057
    NA figures - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210697
    carded Dragon Blaster Skeltor and carded stilt stalkers - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210686

Quote Originally Posted by orkoclown93 View Post
    And yeah they dont have the trivia, episode reviews or bonus facts, but James' Unofficial She-Ra Guide will have all that stuff so that's no problem.
    This is VERY true!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I picked this up in part because I have been quasi-completist with the DVDs (I have yet to get the recent smaller MOTU volumes... I did get the recent complete first season of MOTU, though), and I never did watch all of my BCI She-Ra sets in full. And since I know that some discs has some glitches with some episodes (at least in certain players), I figure between this and the BCI sets, I most likely have all of the episodes intact and viewable.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    This is VERY true!
    lol, I thought you might like that if you happened to see it.

I've gotta admit, now that I've started watching the new She-Ra set, I'm lost without a guide to go along with it. I really cant wait for the She-Ra and now rumored NA/MYP guide as well. You know, if you need a proof reader I'd be happy to lend my services...
    Last edited by orkoclown93; March 23, 2011 at 08:30pm.
    I have lots of MOTU figures from every line as well as all BCI/Eclipse dvd sets for sale in the marketplace.

dvd sets - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211057
    NA figures - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210697
    carded Dragon Blaster Skeltor and carded stilt stalkers - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210686

Hmm, I can't see the region code very clearly. The set is region 1 isn't it?

Amazon discounts this set right now : 52% off

Here is an interesting find my mom found at the Gettysburg, PA Walmart the other day.

It's only the one disc but it's two hours long, I dont know what episodes are on it though. She said it was only 1.00 and was in a big bin.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I saw She-Ra as well as some **** Tracy and Filmation Ghosbusters ones at a couple local Wal-Marts for $0.96. I'm guessing it is just one of the discs from the complete series set.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I saw She-Ra as well as some **** Tracy and Filmation Ghosbusters ones at a couple local Wal-Marts for $0.96. I'm guessing it is just one of the discs from the complete series set.
    I think its just a reprint of the Best of She-Ra disc
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

They also have the holiday special but it's 5 bucks.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    They also have the holiday special but it's 5 bucks.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Is it in a regular case or that same type of cardboard/bubble packaging?

Also, are they done with the She-Ra releases? They only released the Season 1, part 1, and then the full set, no plans for releasing Season 2?