Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra comes back on DVD!

That would be ideal Neutro but the Season 2 set of the BCI release is nowhere to be found (at least under $60)

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    The best route would be to try and track down the BCI Releases, because they are, and always will be far, far superior, to any other releases, of either series!

I mean, all the work that went into them really shows, from the fantastic artwork and spine mural and packaging designs, to the all the DVD extras and commentaries – even the simple DVD menus are great!

To this day I just love handling those sets and just looking at them and admiring them! They are all quite beautiful and everything I could have ever asked for in a He-Man/She-Ra DVD series set!

Heck, It's probably the best series set of any kind, ever, seriously, they're that good! And anyone who owns them will tell you the same, I'm sure of that!

Even if they are expensive these days and hard to track down, honestly, they're still worth every penny! So to all who don't have the original BCI releases yet, go find 'em!
    I would love to own the originals for a fair price, but since I haven't bought any of them yet, I think I'm gonna go for the new complete series set. Will the quality of the episodes be the same on this new set? That's really the deciding factor when it comes down to it.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    I would love to own the originals for a fair price, but since I haven't bought any of them yet, I think I'm gonna go for the new complete series set. Will the quality of the episodes be the same on this new set? That's really the deciding factor when it comes down to it.
    The general rule is that the more episodes per disc, the lower the picture quality. The BCI sets average about 6-7 episodes per disc, while CM's have about 10. The picture quality is likely lower on the new sets, though not extremely so. It should still look decent.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Yes but expect the new sets without the bucketload of extras of the BCI releases so that makes room for the episodes

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Yes but expect the new sets without the bucketload of extras of the BCI releases so that makes room for the episodes
    It actually doesn't.

We put almost all the special features on their own discs. The only features that were on the episode discs were audio commentaries - and they take up very, very little space.

BCI Guy speakeths the wisdom of DVDs!

I'm still trying to accept the fact that a regular DVD with its 4+ GB of data falls short in today's entertainment marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    One company did go after both of them. Classic Media owns both.

They wanted to release She-Ra, but not MOTU - so it made sense for them to license out MOTU to a company that does want to release it.
    Why would they want to release She-Ra, but not the more popular He-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by transfan80 View Post
    At least with Mill Creek's, you can transfer the discs to more sturdy cases....nothing can be done about Classic Media's horrid artwork though.
    Don't forget the scuffing and scratching of the discs that can go on at the warehouse and the shipping to the store and your house. Paper sleeves aren't very safe.
    Last edited by Firefly; January 9, 2011 at 11:36am.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I don't want any POP fans going after me. I'm a big She-Ra fan. I watched her toon as a kid and also bought all of her recent DVDs & toys, but He-Man is the reason for the franchise.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

*throws knives at Shokoti*

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Could be many reasons.

Maybe because He-Man sold so much better than She-Ra, they figured there were too many He-Man sets already out there, and they'd have a better chance pushing She-Ra.

Early on they were really pushing her 25th Anniversary. Maybe they way overestimated the interest in that.

Maybe based on their other properties, and their levels of success/failure, they thought She-Ra was a more fitting/salable product for their sales/marketing people.

Also when they announced this, it appeared that there was a bigger chance for new She-Ra media than new He-Man. There was talk of a new possible She-Ra cartoon and some other things, while the He-Man movie was stuck in development limbo.

My best guess would be that they looked into licensing out both properties and they got a solid offer for He-Man, but no one offered enough for She-Ra to make it worthwhile, so they just decided to slap something together and put it out themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    My best guess would be that they looked into licensing out both properties and they got a solid offer for He-Man, but no one offered enough for She-Ra to make it worthwhile, so they just decided to slap something together and put it out themselves.
    That crossed my mind.

Two weeks away. I hope Vivendi Entertainment sent some box sets to various sites. I'm curious to see the reviews/contents on this.

I wondee if anything happend with the talks about that new She-Ra cartoon. Or are you talking about the same plans that were rumoired to be about turning her into some teen sinher in a band? We haven't hears any more so I assume the plans are dead or on ice.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I wondee if anything happend with the talks about that new She-Ra cartoon. Or are you talking about the same plans that were rumoired to be about turning her into some teen sinher in a band? We haven't hears any more so I assume the plans are dead or on ice.
    There were some plans for a She-Ra cartoon when the Filmation library was under Entertainment Rights (the band idea), but all of that went out the window when the library changed hands once again and ended up solely under Classic Media's control. (they used to be a subsidiary of ER) Anyhow, I'm hoping they finally do something NEW with the property. Classic Media does have a deal in place for new cartoons and/or comics for some of their classic properties (such as Richie Rich), but it's yet to be seen if She-Ra will be included on this list.

EDIT

3 days to go

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    There were some plans for a She-Ra cartoon when the Filmation library was under Entertainment Rights (the band idea), but all of that went out the window when the library changed hands once again and ended up solely under Classic Media's control. (they used to be a subsidiary of ER) Anyhow, I'm hoping they finally do something NEW with the property. Classic Media does have a deal in place for new cartoons and/or comics for some of their classic properties (such as Richie Rich), but it's yet to be seen if She-Ra will be included on this list.

EDIT

3 days to go
    I think they need to climb into bed with Mattel for this to really work, particularly with MOTUC doing so well. To create a separate brand on it's own would be counter-productive, IMO.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Tomorrow's the day. I'll try to hit-up all the stores early to find this and see if we're still getting an iron-on and mini-comic.

Tomorrow's the day. I'll try to hit-up all the stores early to find this and see if we're still getting an iron-on and mini-comic.
    Please do!

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Please do!
    Not sure how much luck I'll have finding the set today. I called Best Buy yesterday and they said they're not carrying it. Target and Wal-Mart appear to be online-only, but sometimes the sites are wrong. Maybe TRU will have it. We shall see.

EDIT My Target didn't have this and I suspect Wal-Mart won't either. TRU isn't open yet. I'm all discouraged now. :/

EDIT 2 No luck at TRU or FYE either.
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 25, 2011 at 01:15pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Not sure how much luck I'll have finding the set today. I called Best Buy yesterday and they said they're not carrying it. Target and Wal-Mart appear to be online-only, but sometimes the sites are wrong. Maybe TRU will have it. We shall see.

EDIT My Target didn't have this and I suspect Wal-Mart won't either. TRU isn't open yet. I'm all discouraged now. :/

That sucks! I was hoping you'd be able to find it and post pictures. You seem to have great luck finding things in stores.

If this set does come with a new mini-comic I will buy it. If not...I don't think I will. I think I would rather have a duplicate set of the BCI ones.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon is the way to go.

If Walmart is to get it they usually won't have it till 3-4 days after release. Their distribution channel works differently, only for highly advertised new releases do they appear on Monday or Tuesday

I just saw the price at Amazon, my lord $65-99! Yeah I highly doubt this will be at mass retail, for some reason I kept thinking it would not be too much over Volume 1 which was $15.

$35-40 maybe, but $65 is a definite no for retailers
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Just a heads up, I found the Season 1 at my local Target on sale for 9.99. I went ahead and bought it....

I'm not jumping on the PoP bandwagon just yet....but it is a good show so far.

Have the new distributors only released this season 1 set and now the full series? Anyone find the full season less than Amazon's 65.99? I'd like to get the BCI sets, but not at the ridiculous aftermarket prices they're going for...same for MOTU when its finally re-released.

Is this your first time discovering POP? You'll be happy you did. Great show, with some rather obvious flaws, but the strength of the art and performances carry it.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I received my shipping confirmation on the series set today from Amazon.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I assume the description still mentions the minicomic? I'd be interested to know what it is...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina