Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra comes back on DVD!

TRU is carrying the new She-Ra DVDs
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Anyone got pics of this set already and what it looks like out of the box.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    TRU is carrying the new She-Ra DVDs
    The Complete Series set too? Mine didn't when I checked. ...but I'll go again in case they got it in later.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I assume the description still mentions the minicomic? I'd be interested to know what it is...
    I have a feeling it's in PDF ...

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    So I was stupid and my set shipped to my parents' house instead of mine. I called my dad and he opened it and texted me some pictures.

On the cover, her crown is all gold shiny / holographic. Princess is spelled correctly, there is an iron-on, stickers, and episode booklet inside but he said there is no mini comic or mention of one on the box as far as he could tell.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The outside actually looks pretty cool! The stickers and iron on are neat. Not a big fan of the "Girlz Notebook" look, but it' s definitely better than the first volume they released. It's also kind of neat they have the lyrics to "I Have the Power!" song.

I wonder if there are any other bonuses on the discs?

That's sad there's no mention of the mini-comic.

Also...that weird font on the back that mentions the "collectible stickers" is hard to read...and unpleasant looking.

I want to go on record that I'm GLAD the set is black instead of the yellow/gold. I didn't find that version appealing.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

*thumbs up* for posting those pics.

Gah! The power of POP making me feel like I need those stickers and iron-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Gah! The power of POP making me feel like I need those stickers and iron-on.
    I think it's the power of marketing:

Girl1: “They changed Malibu Stacy!”

Girl 2: “She is better than ever!”

Lisa tries to point out that the only difference is her stupid cheap
    hat.
    Lisa: “She still embodies all the awful stereotypes she did before!”

Smithers: “But she’s got a new hat.”

I'm very tempted to get this set too though...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 29, 2011 at 06:55pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I'd buy it only if the iron on was limited.

I will buy it once the price drops. A LOT!

A little disappointed

The new complete dvd release of She-Ra is a little disappointing.I have the"Best of She-Ra" dvd set and the design of the box which is gorgeous and embossed,included artwork and alternate dvd covers on the discs that are wonderful plus the bonus material of interviews and things on the actual discs are excellent!

However, the new complete She-Ra dvd is not nearly as good.The artwork of the cover box is okay, but not great like the "Best of She-Ra , the back of the box is boring and like someone mentioned the whole "notebook" styling is disappointing.

Stickers: I do like the sticker set included but too bad they aren't puffy stickers or glittery hologram 80s style foil stickers!

Mini comic: The so called "mini comic" I am guessing is just the included booklet of the episode guide titles that again is done in the "notebook" style.Not at all a little comic book like I was hoping for and expecting.

Iron on: The iron on is very little and it is okay but nothing that great.

Also, all the discs have the exact same cd cover.

Finally, when you play the discs, there isn't even a looping soundtrack while you are on menu and there are no extra features.So sad.

I'm happy to have all the episodes but really the makers of this set went a cheap and boring route and for the cost of the set I would have preferred if they had skipped these cheap extras of so called mini comic,iron on and stickers and done a better dvd set.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Prince View Post
    The new complete dvd release of She-Ra is a little disappointing.I have the"Best of She-Ra" dvd set and the design of the box which is gorgeous and embossed,included artwork and alternate dvd covers on the discs that are wonderful plus the bonus material of interviews and things on the actual discs are excellent!

However, the new complete She-Ra dvd is not nearly as good.The artwork of the cover box is okay, but not great like the "Best of She-Ra , the back of the box is boring and like someone mentioned the whole "notebook" styling is disappointing.

Stickers: I do like the sticker set included but too bad they aren't puffy stickers or glittery hologram 80s style foil stickers!

Mini comic: The so called "mini comic" I am guessing is just the included booklet of the episode guide titles that again is done in the "notebook" style.Not at all a little comic book like I was hoping for and expecting.

Iron on: The iron on is very little and it is okay but nothing that great.

Also, all the discs have the exact same cd cover.

Finally, when you play the discs, there isn't even a looping soundtrack while you are on menu and there are no extra features.So sad.

I'm happy to have all the episodes but really the makers of this set went a cheap and boring route and for the cost of the set I would have preferred if they had skipped these cheap extras of so called mini comic,iron on and stickers and done a better dvd set.
    Great review! Shows how bad the set is.
    You should post it on Amazon too!
    Or if you like I will

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Yeah - if you can find the BCI DVDs, definitely pick those up. I only bought this set as basically a back-up.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

oooh, must get Malibu stacy's cheap hat ...

yeah, this definitley isn't something I'd jump on.. but maybe if the price drops dramatically I might consider.. *shrugs*

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely disappointing without the minicomic.

Did we ever hear what happened with that?

I bought it specifically for the minicomic & thus was very disappointed. The BCI Sets are vastly superior to this one.

Oh, well. At least I can say I supported the cause.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    Definitely disappointing without the minicomic.

Did we ever hear what happened with that?

I bought it specifically for the minicomic & thus was very disappointed. The BCI Sets are vastly superior to this one.
    I agree with all this. I wanted this set 100% for the mini-comic. I will pick this set up if/when I can get it for about $40 total.

I never , ever expected a minicomic. I knew there was no way they were actually doing one, and even if they did, most likely they would have printed the SOTS comic I scanned for the BCI DVD...

So i got season 1 part 1 for christmas and i was wondering when the rest of the volumes will be available?
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    While I am a fan of extras, for this set, I was only looking for the great cartoon I remembered from my childhood. In that respect, I LOVE THIS SET!!! I'm so happy to have yet another fantastic 80's cartoon series in its entirety in my collection, and to be able to share it with my Son and any future kids. Was also really excited when I was watching the first disc yesterday and realized that Secret of the Sword IS included episodically as it was originally aired... AWESOME!!! I had been under the assumption that the series set would start with whatever episode that took place immediately after. So for me, this set is pretty frickin' sweet.

Anthony
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    So i got season 1 part 1 for christmas and i was wondering when the rest of the volumes will be available?
    That depends if the sales of the first volume and the complete set were great to say the least

If anyone is looking for the old BCI She-Ra DVDs and have a Ross store located nearby, I saw Season 1 Volume 2 for $8.99 at my local Ross store in their small DVD section.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by orkoclown93 View Post
    I'm really surprised to see so many people complaining about this new set. Yeah they are not packed full of extras like the BCI sets were, but even when those came out everyone complained about the price or issues with a couple discs having scratches. Now everyone says those are the best sets but complains that the after market price is too much. Maybe if everyone had gone out and bought them when they were first released the company would have not gone under?

And hasnt everyone been complaining for awhile now that no one was going to do anything for the 25th anniversary of She-Ra? So one company does, gives us some bonus stuff like stickers and an iron on, releases the entire series at an affordable price and we still complain?

I'm sorry but if we, the MOTU and POP community complain about everything any company does for us eventually we will get nothing. At some point people should be happy we get anything at all. I managed to track down every BCI set and never paid over $30 for one set, and paid as little as $4 for one of the them, and I'll buy all the Mill Creek MOTU dvds and all the She-Ra re releases to have as backups to support the franchise. And I dont have a ton of money either, I just dont think this stuff is priced very high.
    I did complain about the prices of the BCI sets (because they were almost twice the price in Canada than the U.S. for some reason), but I bought all the sets when they were first issued! One from the store in Canada, the rest online for 1/2 that price.

The reason why I'm upset with this set is because the inside looks like a little girl's notebook and the extras are gone.

Have you seen how AWESOME the MOTU Season 1 set looks?

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...&postcount=133

It comes with all the BCI extras too and is $20 I guess. Season 2 (if/when released) will be the same. This complete PoP set is $100, but you can get it for $60. That's still $20 more than all of MOTU will cost and it's packaging is cooler looking, it has more episodes and it still has all the original extras.

That's why I'm saddened about this She-Ra release.

Heroic MOTU Collector! Grayskull_Power's Avatar
    Anybody know if there is going to be a Series 1 volume 2 from Classic Media? I bought volume 1 in September thinking there would be future volumes but now that I know the complete series is out I'm not so sure. Anyone have any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I did complain about the prices of the BCI sets (because they were almost twice the price in Canada than the U.S. for some reason), but I bought all the sets when they were first issued! One from the store in Canada, the rest online for 1/2 that price.

The reason why I'm upset with this set is because the inside looks like a little girl's notebook and the extras are gone.

Have you seen how AWESOME the MOTU Season 1 set looks?

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...&postcount=133

It comes with all the BCI extras too and is $20 I guess. Season 2 (if/when released) will be the same. This complete PoP set is $100, but you can get it for $60. That's still $20 more than all of MOTU will cost and it's packaging is cooler looking, it has more episodes and it still has all the original extras.

That's why I'm saddened about this She-Ra release.

I hope you didn't think my post was an attack at anything you posted, it was more just my general feeling about the overall reaction to the new dvd sets.

And I understand and agree that they could have at least included the extras that BCI already made, and I totally agree about how good the packaging for Mill Creek dvds looks, I'm actually a fan of this set, and I already have the BCI set, I just think it's a great deal for anyone who doesnt have the BCI sets.

My comments were more about how it just feels like to me that we as a community tend to complain about the things we get. And please dont think thats directed at you or anyone else. I guess I'm more the type to be happy we get anything at all, at least someone did something for She-Ra's 25th, and I mean how horrible would it have been if once BCI went under it had been another 20+ years before getting another MOTU/POP set? .

Hope that clears a couple things up.
    I have lots of MOTU figures from every line as well as all BCI/Eclipse dvd sets for sale in the marketplace.

dvd sets - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211057
    NA figures - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210697
    carded Dragon Blaster Skeltor and carded stilt stalkers - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210686

dvd

what is the lowest anyone has seen the complete series. i was debating on buying it, but wondering if i should wait until it goes below 60. seen it at amazon, target and walmart in the 60s.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Only way I'm buying it is if it drops bellow or around $30