Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra comes back on DVD!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I had a problem S1V1 of my BCI DVD. One episode was on the DVD twice.. taking the slot of a show that wasn't on it. I also, I never got Season 2.. and the price is rediculous. Buying this set might fix both problems..

..and if we learned anything from Mill Creek's MYP.. this thing should be on discount on amazon in no time..

I will probably have to pick this up.!

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Does that mean all the various edited scenes are permanently gone too?
    There's just a scene edited out from 'Diamond Ray of Disappearance', and that's it. Or at least, that's what I know.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Man, this rules. I missed the BCI when you could get all 3 for 60 bucks. By the time I got to it, season 2 was through the roof. Still, I'd rather have the BCI because the packaging looks better. Maybe this release will drive the prices down on those sets. Either way, I'm getting She-ra!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    There's just a scene edited out from 'Diamond Ray of Disappearance', and that's it. Or at least, that's what I know.
    I'm pretty sure it's more than that. All I know is that on VHS every show came out to 22 and a half minutes. On DVD, they were around 21 -21 1/2.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's more than that. All I know is that on VHS every show came out to 22 and a half minutes. On DVD, they were around 21 -21 1/2.
    PAL speed-up - when they were digitised, Hallmark converted them from NTSC (480i60) to PAL resolution (576i50). Part of this involved a 4% speed-up (from 24 to 25 frames/sec), which wasn't reversed in the back-conversion.

What would be the odds of He-Man and NA of He-Man being re-released? Like many others I had problems with a few disks.

I hope Classic Media updates the news section of their site soon. I'm dying to know what other extras there are and if they have plans for anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouboy992002 View Post
    What would be the odds of He-Man and NA of He-Man being re-released?
    It would likely depend on She-Ra sales.

Although if they're smart, they'll sit on He-Man until there is something major to tie it into (like a movie if it ever happens).

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    It would likely depend on She-Ra sales.

Although if they're smart, they'll sit on He-Man until there is something major to tie it into (like a movie if it ever happens).
    I agree- I hope CM are working with Mattel on this in some respect to benefit both the sales of DVDs and the Classics line.

Additionally, if I remember rightly, She-Ra's Season Two closing credits is missing and replaced with those from Season One.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I agree- I hope CM are working with Mattel on this in some respect to benefit both the sales of DVDs and the Classics line.
    From what I know of CM, I wouldn't get my hopes up for much.

cool for people who did not buy the other dvd's from BCI
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    From what I know of CM, I wouldn't get my hopes up for much.
    Do you think there's a chance they may try to get someone to do a couple 25th anniversary She-Ra comics, like they did for Casper's 60th anniversary? Maybe Emiliano and Val could offer their services.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Do you think there's a chance they may try to get someone to do a couple 25th anniversary She-Ra comics, like they did for Casper's 60th anniversary? Maybe Emiliano and Val could offer their services.
    or maybe they will do them on the 60th anniversary?!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    or maybe they will do them on the 60th anniversary?!
    2045 here we come.

This seems rather pointless... the BCI DVD's are so easy to get. I wasn't even going to get them as I never watched much POP, but Wal-Mart was selling them for 10 bucks a season so thought I might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    This seems rather pointless... the BCI DVD's are so easy to get. I wasn't even going to get them as I never watched much POP, but Wal-Mart was selling them for 10 bucks a season so thought I might as well.
    When was this?!

EM

Yeah, I think you've been out of the loop. It's been awhile since they were 10 bucks a pop. Season 2 goes for 60 or 70 bucks now. Once they went out of print, the price just rocketed. I hesitated on getting all three boxes a few months back and I've been kicking myself.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    If anyone still needs BCI's release of POP season 2, Buy.com has some in for about $33-$34.

You might even be able to find it for a bit less if you look around online a bit (I came across price comparison website DealOz.com awhile back and they seem to be better at listing prices than most such sites).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    If anyone still needs BCI's release of POP season 2, Buy.com has some in for about $33-$34.

You might even be able to find it for a bit less if you look around online a bit (I came across price comparison website DealOz.com awhile back and they seem to be better at listing prices than most such sites).
    Wow--not bad, considering the current state of things. What's the concensus from POP fans: is it worth snagging the BCI release for the better artwork and stereo sound?

EDIT: never mind. You have to click on the image to see that it's sold out. I imagine it's been like that for awhile.
    Last edited by cayman shen; June 4, 2010 at 02:52pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Aww -- that's a shame . I hoped that I had stumbled on a internet eddy of remaining sets that would be helpful for folks. I wish I'd thought to double check before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Yeah, I think you've been out of the loop. It's been awhile since they were 10 bucks a pop. Season 2 goes for 60 or 70 bucks now. Once they went out of print, the price just rocketed. I hesitated on getting all three boxes a few months back and I've been kicking myself.
    Well I had passed on them during those times. Thought that maybe they showed up again. Looking to get them eventually.

EM

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuga Viper View Post
    Well I had passed on them during those times. Thought that maybe they showed up again. Looking to get them eventually.

EM
    I think he was responding to wulff.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Rather than creating an all-new thread, I figured I would stick this in here. Could she be referring to He-Man and/or She-Ra when mentioning "classics of yesterday?"

THE BIG INTERVIEW: Nicole Blake, EVP, Marketing & Consumer Products, Classic Media

We talk Where's Wally?, pre-school and her new global role.

“The positive change, as compared to last year at this time, is palpable. The mood is as optimistic as I’ve seen in some time,” admits Nicole Blake, fresh from her promotion to EVP at Classic Media.

Blake, having been based at the firm’s US offices for three years, witnessed the arrival of the then Entertainment Rights portfolio and staff last year. And following the announcement of Andrew Kerr’s departure last week, she is set to bring the UK and rest of the world into her remit from the end of June.

“I’m thrilled to be taking on an expanded global role within the company,” she says. “I’ve enjoyed working with Andrew and will obviously be sad to see him move on, but am very much looking forward to assuming my new responsibilities at an incredibly exciting – and busy – time for Classic Media.”

She’s not wrong about it being a busy time. In the past 12 months, Classic has launched two new pre-school series – Tinga Tinga Tales and Guess with Jess – both of which are out-performing expectations. Both debuted in the UK on Cbeebies and are currently rolling out to key territories worldwide (Jess has just launched in Canada on Treehouse and TTT is due to hit Playhouse Disney in 2011). The merchandising programmes will begin in the UK from this summer, with a number of major partners already on board for both shows. Tinga Tinga Tales is anchored by Bandai as the master toy partner and Penguin as the master publisher, while Guess with Jess has the backing of Fisher-Price and Egmont.

On top of the new shows, Blake also says that classic property Where’s Wally? (or Where’s Waldo? in the US) had a landmark year in 2009.

“The franchise hit 50 million + books sold worldwide, debuted its first app for iPhone – which has sold over one million units – and the first mobile game was named a ‘top ten game for summer’ by Verizon,” she states. “Building on that momentum, new video and mobile games will have worldwide releases this year and we will be rolling out consumer products to new territories. Additionally, this summer in North America, more than nine million Where’s Waldo? themed premiums will be featured in a national QSR promotion.”

A major publishing push was also recently revealed for the property.

As well as its pre-school shows and Where’s Wally?, visitors to Classic’s booth at Licensing International will also be given an update on the firm’s seasonal brands.
    Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2010, with a new design look and marquee promotional partners; while Halloween ambassador Casper the Friendly Ghost, Peter Cottontail (for Easter) and Hot Stuff (for Valentine’s Day) will also be showcased.

As mentioned at the top of the interview, Blake says the mood in the business is the most optimistic for some time, while she’s also seeing a real demand for long-term franchises that work across multiple platforms. “That said, this is balanced by the fickleness of consumers wanting what they want, when they want it and in our ‘on demand’ society, consumers expect to get it. This dichotomy plays into Classic Media’s strengths in that we have some of the most successful and longest running franchises of all time. And, with our company structure as a ‘mini studio’, we remain nimble and well positioned to exploit opportunities.”

Blake has very clear ideas of what she would like to have achieved by the end of the year – she just wants Classic to continue delivering, both in terms of its older and newer properties.

“On reinventing the classics of yesterday, look for Classic Media to continue its pipeline by refreshing franchises with new TV shows, movies or video games. On creating the classics of tomorrow, our new pre-school brands are out-performing expectations and we will be carefully managing their global roll out.”

Classic Media can be found on stand 5431 at Licensing International Expo, which runs from June 8th to 10th at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Convention Center, Las Vegas.
    http://www.licensing.biz/features/28...-Classic-Media

Heroic Warrior
    If Mattel can't make Filmations characters, which CM owns, I doubt they can make a cartoon for He-Man and She-Ra, which Mattel owns.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tuga Viper View Post

EM
    Oh, yeah, I was responding to Wulff. Sorry for the confusion