Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra comes back on DVD!

I have to agree with Emilano..

Emiliano, since you are in the good mood of sharing.. can you share also a high-res version of the DVD sets spine ?

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    I have to agree with Emilano..

Emiliano, since you are in the good mood of sharing.. can you share also a high-res version of the DVD sets spine ?

Or possibly the
    "HE-MAN AND THE" top part of the logo, to go with that MOTU logo?

... I still don't see the difference dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Or possibly the
    "HE-MAN AND THE" top part of the logo, to go with that MOTU logo?
    It's particularly interesting that they're using a Mattel logo, as opposed to their own (He-Man and the...).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    ... I still don't see the difference dude.
    There are many subtle differences, that you see with Emiliano/BCI's MOTU logo, and the current Classic Media's MOTU logo.

- BCI MOTU logo has many shades of blue inside the text of MASTERS: there is a clear white oval, strong saturated cyan blue, and gradual darker blue.
    --- Classic Media MOTU logo has bland blue-base color, and triangle

- BCI MOTU logo is made to resemble the original MOTU logo from 80s, and uses consistent metallic bevel-colours (in this case metallic purple)
    --- Classic Media MOTU logo has inner shades of gray/blue, but bottom is purple. Being inconsistent.

You can also spot the differences, on how BCI MOTU logo traces the letter-bottoms to continue down the path of the logo to the vanishing point.
    --While Classic Media MOTU logo misses the beat. Especially the "A" and "R" from "MASTERS".

And of course, the details on BCI logo stem from original logo.
    All of which seemed to be "downplayed" in Classic Media logo. (Take note of the curve on letter A's top left part.

Neat comparison shots - really shows the work that went into them.

So when are these new She-Ra DVDs hitting stores again?

EDIT: Oh right - the series set is Jan 24/25 2011...and the first volume set is coming in October, I believe. Yeesh. Waaaay too long to wait just to find out if there's a mini-comic with new material.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; September 19, 2010 at 10:58pm.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    In Oct. Disney Boy with the X-mas special and season 1.(in my book it's not fast enough!)
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Cranky Warrior Queen
    Hello Christmas!
    Yes, luckypoo,..I am the famous Full Fallen Moon! Yes, 'Mountain Of Hyacles' should be required he-fan reading!

Man. Especially in press-release sheets, the fact that they have a pic of She-Ra standing there, and then the covers of the DVDs, she's there again.

Makes it as a whole look a bit.... redundant.
    I so hope that they would have put more effort on those DVD-covers.

So now they are taking commision on Melendy Brit's interviews???

"Let us know if you are interested in scheduling an interview" ?????????

WTH ?

And I bet they didnt have the money to schedule one for themselves to put inside the DVDs...!

+ they SCREENGRABBED from the dvd the images of Hordak and Bow

Remember when Melendy was talking about an 'exciting' project in reference to She-Ra? It wouldn't surprise me if there's something included - a bonus feature - that involves her to some extent. An interview perhaps?

Let's hope - or this set is going to be quite a bore.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I'm confused.....what does this mean? Do they wan't fans to contact Classic Media to show support for an interview with Melendy? Do they want to see fans show support online for an interview with melendy be be included with the DVD's or are they advertising that melendy is available for interview on She-Ra, sort of like an agent? I'm lost!

Of course POP fans want to hear from her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An extensive interview with her would be one of the main reasions to pick up this DVD set if you already had the BCI dvds!
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 22, 2010 at 10:46am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    I remember when ER had commisioned this art for they style guide, they asked for a less static face, so she result a little evil to me and She-Ra isn't evil!
    Let's compare the first version with a second version we did for BCI (wich I think it's better!)...

The version with the more blue eyes is nicer to my eye Ale!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Ale, you should post close ups of the face
    Those are a little misleading at this size and people can't really appreciate the differences.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Ale, you should post close ups of the face
    Those are a little misleading at this size and people can't really appreciate the differences.
    Here is it!

Last edited by AlessandraF; September 22, 2010 at 04:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I'm confused.....what does this mean? Do they wan't fans to contact Classic Media to show support for an interview with Melendy? Do they want to see fans show support online for an interview with melendy be be included with the DVD's or are they advertising that melendy is available for interview on She-Ra, sort of like an agent? I'm lost!

Of course POP fans want to hear from her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An extensive interview with her would be one of the main reasions to pick up this DVD set if you already had the BCI dvds!
    To me, it seems as though Melendy is open to doing an interview for the 25th Anniversary set, the complete series one coming in January, and they're wanting to commission a fan/someone knowledgeable to conduct the interview. I'm guessing Classic Media don't know enough about the show and the fans to do it on their own.

Sounds more like a promotional thing:
    They're advising their clients (not final customers) Ms. Britt is available to do interviews about She-Ra as part of the promotion for the DVD

But it all comes back to the same issue of payment. She has been approached by BCI and other people who have wanted to speak to her but her fee is always to high. If would have been fantastic if they had interviewed her for the DVD's and included it as an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Sounds more like a promotional thing:
    They're advising their clients (not final customers) Ms. Britt is available to do interviews about She-Ra as part of the promotion for the DVD
    That sounds plausible, but the only thing that makes me curious is why they're delaying the set until January? Typically the 4th quarter is the best time of the year to release, so I figured they were maybe improving upon the set and/or adding features.

I suppose they could be timing it to come after Bow, but somehow I don't see that helping much with sales.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    She-Ra pictured on the right is 100 times better. The colours, shadows and the gentler face. The one on the left looks angry. It's like the Double Trouble toy.

I REALLY hope the DVD menus aren't all 80's girl notepad like these press releases.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Gotta love re-visits.

I remember the first version of "POP S1V1" had pic of She-Ra, that later was replaced.

The faces there were more refined, but I still was very happy with the latter version.
    (I believe Alessandra helped with the fine touches)

In all the versions you've posted, the revision have looked better by far.

Do they want to see fans show support online for an interview with melendy be be included with the DVD's or are they advertising that melendy is available for interview on She-Ra, sort of like an agent? I'm lost!
    The press release is intended to reach the press, so their mentioning of Melendy being available for interviews is more about getting her name out there and giving her air-time. It's not a call to us fans to plead with Classic Media that they involve her in the DVDs.

I'd guess that the mere fact that she's included on the press release means she was involved in these sets somehow. I can't see any company saying "Hey, we've finished our DVD sets and are writing the press release, so why don't we try to get this actress we've had no contact with at all some limelight, just because we're nice!"

Maybe the money they saved on developing a pretty product the BCI did they put into paying her fee? I don't know. I still think that the BCI sets are gold. The only thing that could make these new sets better in my eyes would be the original NTSC transfers...and we all know that ain't happening.

Hopefully whatever they did do with Melendy was well done. No offense intended to Andy Mangels, but the commentary tracks on the She-Ra sets were pretty boring. Random questions often not suited to the people answering, basic info about animation being discussed...that sort of thing. I say that, again, not trying to be catty...but I was really let down with those tracks. If you get the right people in the room, that's 75% of the work. At least ask them the right questions, you know?

Before you toss a brick in my face, though, remember to Honor Greyskull.

Maybe Melendy Britt asks much less now than before the economic crisis..