Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.40 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.40 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
    Mattel has also asked not to submit figure inquiries about unannounced figures (eg: When will we see [insert character name])

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Mern-Ra,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. MoViEfReAk: The original Netossa and Spinnerella figures never came with swords shown on the cardback cross-sell-art. If and when we get to them, will they have those swords?

2. Mern-Ra: When placing an order on Matty "products are not guaranteed until you have reached the "Order Completed" page". Any updates on when this will be changed so we are guaranteed a figure when it is in our order cart instead?

3. He-Ro: With the fast sell out times of Battle Cat and Tytus. Are we to expect the same with Gygor and King Grakskull? i.e. Are Gygor and King Grakskull's production number the same as Tytus and Battle Cat?

4. Sabretooth: A number of fans who purchased 2010 subscription had problems when they moved to another place and changed their address where to deliver product from Mattycollector. DR shipped the figures to the old address even after the fans announced the problem. Is this issue solved for 2011 subscription or do fans need to worry when they purchase 2011 sub and change their address? Thanks.

5. Count Marzo: Do you choose how many Heroic Warriors, Evil Horde, Evil Warriors, Space Mutants, Snake Men, Princess of Power, etc we should expect per year? Or is it just going to be balanced between heroes and villains? And thanks for answering Q&A's every couple weeks, appearing on podcasts, and posting on here with us!

--------------

So ask those questions!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    You've mentioned that the general idea when choosing a characters color scheme is to use their classics version before using anything else (200X, Filmation, and/or possibly NA)

But so far with every re-release in this Classics line we have only seen a re-release of the same classics color scheme that was used before with no changes (still no Filmation colored Hordak, 200X purple Evil Lyn, etc).

So my question is when can fans finally expect to see the first re-release of a figure to have an entirely different color scheme? If there are multiple versions available is it possible for the repaints to be given a fan poll as to which version they would want most?
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; June 2, 2010 at 02:06am.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    You've mentioned that the general idea when choosing a characters color scheme is to use their classics version before using anything else (200X, Filmation, and/or possibly NA)

But so far with every re-release in this Classics line we have only seen a re-release of the same classics color scheme that was used before with no changes (still no Filmation colored Hordak, 200X purple Evil Lyn, etc).

So my question is when can fans finally expect to see the first re-release of a figure to have an entirely different color scheme? If there are multiple versions available is it possible for the repaints to be given a fan poll as to which version they would want most?
    nice question.

My question -

When Man-e-Faces is released, how many faces will he actually come with? The usual 3, or might there be extras? Beastman, Skeletor, Orko?
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Heroic Warrior
    It is known that Hordak almost split Eternia in two and that Procrustus holds the inner wolrd together. IF Procrustus will be included into the line, will his bio be combined with Hordak's seperation spell?

Fans were upset when it was shown that She-Ra without her switchable mask had a giant hole in her forehead, and thus could never be displayed without a mask. When it comes time for Catra, will Mattel consider giving Catra two heads? One with the mask, and one with no mask? The "jealous beauty" won't be much of a beauty with a giant hole in her forehead!

Heroic Warrior
    If Prince Adam calls out the name of King Grayskull to turn into He-Man with the Sword of He, then where are his powers coming from? Is it from the Sword of He, which contains the powers & wisdom of the universe, of us it from King Grayskull, who I guess some of his life force went into the sword?

It has been revealed that the symbol on the back of Gy-Gor's cape is indicative of his "clan." Does that mean that the Grayskull symbol on the back of He-Ro's cape is indicative of HIS clan, as in his FAMILY??
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Will we see a King Miro figure? I think his only appearance was in Filmation but he's been mentioned in the bios. Is he fair game to make?

Will we see anymore TV advertisements or TV show features (like AOTS) for MOTUC anytime soon?
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Recent MOTUC figures seem to have less detailed paint aps than the earlier figures, ie. no washes/dry-brushing to make the figures look more realistic. Is this a design choice that will continue with the line or is the decision made on a character by character basis?
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Loose ankles on MOTUC figures are starting to become more common than rare. Is this an issue which Mattel will be addressing?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Count Marzo prototype looks better with identical brazalets because is more similar to the animated version. Why the final version is different? Well see Marzo with identical brazalets variant later?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Since the MOTU Attitubes were not a hit among fans, do you think at the SDCC MOTU Panel you could ask fans what "other" style of MOTU figures they would like to see made?
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Heroic Warrior
    Is it possible that future weapons packs will have some straight-up re-releases instead of only repaints? Some of us would like another Adora silver sword for She-Ra, a silver sword for BA He-Man and Prince Adam, and a havoc staff for DC/MOTUC 2-pack Skeletor.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Since you let us know that the Faceless One was on tap for May of 2011 some time ago, can we have another sneak peak for 2012?

Since Prince Adam is considered a "bonus item" with Orko and won't be getting a proper bio, would it be possible to post the bio on Mattycollector?

If and when you get to She-Ra variants, can you please consider using the vintage bodice/skirt instead of the Style Guide/Filmation inspired outfit used for the current figure?

Having seen how awesome the vintage mask looks on her, I'd like to see the rest of the outfit show up at some point. If not on a "regular" She-Ra, then definitely on a Starburst She-Ra.

About comics / mini-comics :
    Why don't you open a 1 year subscription pre-order system for MOTU comic or mini-comic in order to jauge if there would be enough demand?

Even if it would last 1 year only with 6 issues, it would be great for fans and the line.

I know we're not getting comics anytime soon, but if Mattel ever licenses the franchise to a comic company, would they ever release a series or mini-series for more than one canon at the same time like other toylines do with their comic book adaptations? For instance, one comic from the current MOTUC continuity while another was in the 2002 era canon.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

With the line supposed to be less focused on 200x characters why are we getting Keldor followed by Count Marzo followed by the Chief Carnivous guy? It seems an odd choice to put out all of these so close together especially going by what you have said in the past about 200x?
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of glow in the dark and blacklight responsive stuff so my question is: Is there any plans for any more glow in the dark stuff? Be they figures, armor, or Weapons Pak items. Perhaps The Faceless One will have some glow to him?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Now that we know Chief Carnivus is coming this year, I have a question... Will his people be the same cat people (like Katrina) from the classic cartoon, or are they seperate groups?
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

The Shogun of Harlem masterofetheria's Avatar
    Is there any chance we could get a subscription for the last quarter of 2010 which includes the monthly figures, King Grayskull, Gygor, and Army builder pack?
    Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff!
    Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff!
    Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!
    Well who am I? Sho'nuff!
    Who am I? Sho'nuff!
    I can't hear you...Sho'nuff!

On the map of Eternia there is only 1 drawing that isn't named, the mountain surrounded by water north of the Temple of Hordak. It is weird that this is the only landmark on the map without a name.
    Wat is this mountain? Was the name forgotten by accident?

When Mattel get to Entrapta, have any considerations been made into how best to tackle the character's long hair? (given that this is a vital part of her and that rooted hair has been ruled-out for amy characters)
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina