Thread: Snout Spout, and the rest of the re-treads.

Snout Spout, and the rest of the re-treads.

Whether it be because they have a limited budget, they're trying to pay homage to the classic line, or just because they want to maximize profit, Mattel is contented with reusing the various sculpts for these Classics figures. Now we've got Toy Guru going on record as saying that the club figure will be from the mini comic and that mattel is purposely spacing out the A-List characters to keep the line from going stale. So where does that leave us? There are several characters that can still be made with existing sculpts and that don't qualify as A-Listers (IMO ).
    Snout Spout (Without the Action Feature, he's a He-Man repaint with a Cybernetic Elephant Head)
    Clamp Champ (Nuf Said)
    Blade (Too early for the movie figs?)
    Ninjor (Black Armor and Hood and that's all she wrote)
    Stinkor (C'mon, we've got Moss Man, now its time for the other shameless Repaint)
    Not to mention the Honorable Mentions Like Fisto and Jitsu, who need Very minor Tooling (A new Bigger right hand) or those who may see a total redesign due to the lack of action feature like Kobra Khan.

And then there's the retreads from the POP line like:
    well like ALL OF THEM.

Or the NA line such as:
    Flogg (Ugly dude)
    Lizorr (Lizard dude)
    Vizar (Geordi Laforge)
    and Quake. (No action Feature, no problem)

And Lastly, the Mini-Comics figures, like:
    Lodar (Purple and Black Paint, with a new head and POW! Instant Club Exclusive)
    Geldor (Clamp Champ meets Mr. T)
    The Sorceress (All white in "The Temple of Darkness" or all Pink.)
    Long Blonde Haired Teela (Who fought the goddess in the "The Tale of Teela")

This of course could be thrown completely out the window if Mattel gets REALLY cheap and offers up "Barbarian He-Man" or Something like that.
    Last edited by Captjhan; June 4, 2010 at 03:36pm.

Elder Councilman
    I actually--looking at him--wouldn't mind Lodar! He looks really awesome, and to be honest, I could see an easy re-use for StrongArm out of him, not to mention possibly Spikor!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    Whether it be because they have a limited budget, they're trying to pay homage to the classic line, or just because they want to maximize profit, Mattel is contented with reusing the various sculpts for these Classics figures. Now we've got Toy Guru going on record as saying that the club figure will be from the mini comic and that mattel is purposely spacing out the A-List characters to keep the line from going stale. So where does that leave us? There are several characters that can still be made with existing sculpts and that don't qualify as A-Listers (IMO ).
    Snout Spout (Without the Action Feature, he's a He-Man repaint with a Cybernetic Elephant Head)
    Clamp Champ (Nuf Said)
    Blade (Too early for the movie figs?)
    Ninjor (Black Armor and Hood and that's all she wrote)
    Stinkor (C'mon, we've got Moss Man, now its time for the other shameless Repaint)
    Not to mention the Honorable Mentions Like Fisto and Jitsu, who need Very minor Tooling (A new Bigger right hand) or those who may see a total redesign due to the lack of action feature like Kobra Khan.

And then there's the retreads from the POP line like:
    well like ALL OF THEM.

Or the NA line such as:
    Flogg (Ugly dude)
    Lizorr (Lizard dude)
    Vizar (Geordi Laforge)
    and Quake. (No action Feature, no problem)

And Lastly, the Mini-Comics figures, like:
    Lodar (Purple and Black Paint, with a new head and POW! Instant Club Exclusive)
    Geldor (Clamp Champ meets Mr. T)
    The Sorceress (All white in "The Temple of Darkness" or all Pink.)
    Long Blonde Haired Teela (Who fought the goddess in the "The Tale of Teela")

This of course could be thrown completely out the window if Mattel gets REALLY cheap and offers up "Barbarian He-Man" or Something like that.
    I thought TG said the club eternia sub would be from the original mini comics. The one's before the action figs. actually came out in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I thought TG said the club eternia sub would be from the original mini comics. The one's before the action figs. actually came out in the 80's.
    There were no minicomics before the figures.....the comics were packaged with the figures..

Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    There were no minicomics before the figures.....the comics were packaged with the figures..
    Yes, I know that they were packaged w/ the af's. I thought the club eternia fig. would be coming from one of the original 8-back carded fig. mini comics.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    who says Snout Spout will have the He-man body? The original figure had an entirely different mold, his arms even had sort of a texture. He had his own unique hands & feet too. maybe his biceps & thighs might be reused from the He-man mold, but I'm guessing the rest of him will be new parts.

i'm sure the 4hm will find ways to make every figure interesting while maintaining their 'classic' look & putting in some of their own touches to the designs.

look at Whiplash for example... i was expecting him to have the same old Skeletor arms like his vintage figure, yet low & behold he has entirely new arms with spiky forearms & scaley texture on his shoulders.... i mean, other than the furry undies, he's nearly all new parts; which definitely brings him up a few notches on my scale of awesomeness.

maybe Stinkor will have a furry texture like Beastman (might explain why we haven't seen him yet) since he's mamallian, & not a fish. Perhaps Clamp Champ & Ninjor will be much more than simple parts reuse as well....maybe some all new bracelets or boots for them that are different from He-man's or Skeletor's... either way, they'll all be pretty awesome.

Even 'Barbarian He-man' would have to have new forearms & entirely new legs from the knees down for the bare arms & feet. So he'd still be a rather unique figure when standing next to 'regular' He-man.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

What Multibot said. I expect Snout Spout, Fisto, and some of these others to really blow us away. So bring 'em on!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    what's left of the a-listers anyway?
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Barbarian He-Man would also need an entirely new waist piece, because he didn't have the big gold belt that He-Man has.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Snout Spout wouldn't work as a simple he-man repaint. He's going to need more new parts than just his head.