Thread: could Sharella/Goddess be King Grayskull's wife?

could Sharella/Goddess be King Grayskull's wife?

hi!

i just got my KG and event though i didn't like the red cape at first, now i think he's a great figure. i read his biography and started wondering about his wife.

i think most fans expect his wife to be Veena (according to MYP), but maybe in the MOTUC canon it could be Sharella instead. we don't know much about her before she became the Goddess.

KG's bio says: "After his death, the sword was split in two and its power transmuted into a great orb inside his castle, protected by Grayskull’s devoted and loving widow." and we know from the Goddess' bio: "For five centuries, they waited for a worthy heir to be born. During this time their spirit guide, the creature known as The Goddess of Eternia, trained secret heroic guardians to keep the two halves of the sword separated."

also the picture from sdcc '10 keeps me wondering, if both characters are the same.

Maybe they just used the Goddess on the picture since she's the only female from the POG era we have until now.

it would be great if the Goddes was KG's "devoted and loving widow" and that her cobra armor was eventually handed down to Teela after she became the next Sorceress of Grayskull.

It would be even better if Sharella/Goddess IS actually Teela and King Grayskull IS actually He-Man. Maybe they travelled back in time after Skeletor war defeated - they could have created they own prophecy/legend. and to top it: what if He-Ro is actually He-Man's and Teela's son from the future (hence the techno-organic virus that also infected NA Skeletor).

i love time paradoxes - and i think there's going to be a lot of time travelling in future bios. this would be great way to blend the "new" MYP characters and the original 80's POG characters.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Queen Veena is the wife of King Grayskull and she was the 1st Sorceress...

Sharella / Green Goddess is a different character.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Interesting idea...come to think of it, on the back of the Goddess' card, isn't the name "Sharella" a sticker that was placed over another name?
    I can't remember what it originally said under there.

Anyone?
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Interesting idea...come to think of it, on the back of the Goddess' card, isn't the name "Sharella" a sticker that was placed over another name?
    I can't remember what it originally said under there.

Anyone?
    it should be ky'rulla.

well, the maximum stretch i can imagine with this character is that the preternian archer sharella became (somehow) the goddess after he-ro's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post

well, that remains to be seen Veena was MYP - but i think that's probably the road they're going for MOTUC. i never really liked this character since she was a poor ripp-off.

King Grayskull was also an MYP invention - but we already had the Spirit of Grayskull in both minicomics and FILMAtion!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Naaah.... Why would she need to be KG's wife? Her mortal form was Sharella the Archer, which you probably can see a bit of on Megators cardback, and according to prototype-documents that Mattel has mentioned, she was originally back in the vintage-line meant to be He-Ro's love-interest, his version of Teela really.

So, for such an old character, coming about prior to 200x, I think Sharella/Green Goddess being He-Ro's girlfriend works far, far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Naaah.... Why would she need to be KG's wife? Her mortal form was Sharella the Archer, which you probably can see a bit of on Megators cardback, and according to prototype-documents that Mattel has mentioned, she was originally back in the vintage-line meant to be He-Ro's love-interest, his version of Teela really.

So, for such an old character, coming about prior to 200x, I think Sharella/Green Goddess being He-Ro's girlfriend works far, far better.
    Doesn't that contradict He-Ro's old style guide bio, where it was stated that he was raised by the tribal chieftess Sharella? I greatly prefer her being a mother to He-Ro, rather than his girlfriend.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    It could work although the I'd like to see Veena made into a separate figure.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I really like the idea that she is He-Ro's version of Teela much better than her being the wife of King Grayskull. Although, I have to wonder, just where did this information of Sharella being an archer come from?

I like to think that the Goddess was a female member of the Snake Men turned good. Hence the snake armour.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Hell no! It's bad enough Mattel threw out Sharella and gave her name to Goddess, a character that should have been left on the cutting room floor, they don't need to throw out Veena as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Doesn't that contradict He-Ro's old style guide bio, where it was stated that he was raised by the tribal chieftess Sharella? I greatly prefer her being a mother to He-Ro, rather than his girlfriend.
    The guide says Gray was raised under the tutelage of Sharella and Eldor. This simply means they taught him. Likewise you could say Adam was raised under Teela and Man-At-Arms' tutelage. Teela is Adam's combat teacher.

As far as I'm concerned:
    King Grayskull's wife is Veena
    He-Ro is Gray -Grayskull and Veena's son
    Sharella is Gray's love interest
    Goddess is K'yrulla -someone else entirely
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Hell no! It's bad enough Mattel threw out Sharella and gave her name to Goddess.

The guide says Gray was raised under the tutelage of Sharella and Eldor. This simply means they taught him. Likewise you could say Adam was raised under Teela and Man-At-Arms' tutelage. Teela is Adam's combat teacher.
    Ah, OK, that does makes sense. May take me a while to get used to the idea, but it does explain her youthful looks.

And I completely agree with you about them making Goddess and Sharella the same character. Wish they'd stayed with K'yrulla as the Goddess' real name.

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    i think most fans expect his wife to be Veena (according to MYP), but maybe in the MOTUC canon it could be Sharella instead.
    But why? Would we be happy if they eliminated any other character and gave his/her role to someone else? No! I want Veena! I don't see a reason to remove her or to make her someone other than King Grayskull's wife. That's one of the most compelling reasons to make her. I wouldn't want the Faceless One to stop being Evil-Lyn's father or Zeelahr to stop being Zodak's brother either.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    But why? Would we be happy if they eliminated any other character and gave his/her role to someone else? No! I want Veena! I don't see a reason to remove her or to make her someone other than King Grayskull's wife. That's one of the most compelling reasons to make her. I wouldn't want the Faceless One to stop being Evil-Lyn's father or Zeelahr to stop being Zodak's brother either.
    This is how I feel. Completely.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    ↑ Exactly. ↑

Until we see more in the bios I choose to stick as close as possible to the now-tattered remains of the 1987 licensing guide descriptions. Thus Sharella's relationship is one of tutor/aide to Gray/He-Ro.

My hope is there may still be a separate Gray character, but possibly Sharella was the tutor/mentor and later adviser/aide to young King Grayskull in the MOTUC bio-canon story. At least that would be consistent with Goddess taking on the 'trainer of He-Man' role throughout the generations.

King Grayskull and Veena's relationship as per MYP should remain IMO.

My other preference is for Preternia Archer Woman to be a unique character, not a pre-Goddess Sharella. Whether Sharella had a loving relationship with He-Ro, Gray (if he still exists in MOTUC) or anyone else, before deification as Goddess is probably irrelevant to the MOTUC biostory.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I always hoped the archer woman was someone additional. As Sharella and Eldor were to have mentored Gray, I'd assumed they were both older. I envisioned her to be an elderly woman. I hadn't yet had a good look at the package showing the archer woman, when years back I imagined a daughter for Eldor (who can be seen here).

If the Goddess Sharella was once mortal, I could see her being the love interest to He-Ro, provided she hadn't been his mentor in this continuity.

Also, I love Veena, and hope for her inclusion in this canon, but I respect your canon as part of the multiverse.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I'm fairly certain they're two different characters. I like it that way personally.

Two different names. (Sharella, Veena)
    Two different costumes. (Snake, Falcon)

Not that your idea is bad, it is interesting indeed, but it's not for me or my mythos.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I prefer Veena as Grayskull's wife. I think of The Goddess as The Goddess and don't imagine her as being human/having been human or being married/romantically involved with any of our protagonists.

It doesn't happen often, but when I do think of Sharella, I think of her as He-Ro's equivalent to Teela and Man-at-Arms (older, trainer, foremost female ally). For me, she's the lady archer on Megator's package.

I wouldn't want [...] Zeelahr to stop being Zodak's brother either.
    Didn't they already sort of imply something like this? Zodak's bio mentions nothing about a brother, but the bio on the reissue of King Grayskull says "Growing up under the oppressive rule of the Snake Men, Grayskull was driven to rebel against injustice when his brother was captured and eaten." When I first read it, it struck me as though they took that part of Zodak's history from MYP and pasted it onto King Grayskull. I found (and still find) it odd.

Of course, I realize that King Hsss probably ate more than one guy's brother, and they don't explicitly state that it was King Hsss who ate Grayskull's brother, but to mention it in the bio seemed to give it some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Not that your idea is bad, it is interesting indeed, but it's not for me or my mythos.
    What he said. ↑

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Nope, because Veena is Grayskull's wife.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    My idea is that Sharella, the green-skinned Goddess of Eternia, is an ancient being who revealed D'Vann Grayskull's true path to walk on and made him become the wonderful heroic King we all know. Long before she taught the several He-Men how to protect the two halves of the Power Sword, Sharella trained young King Grayskull in using his special abilities, particularly his strength and courage, to someday fight and defeat the SnakeMen. So, she was not only the trainer of all those He-Men throughout a timeline of five centuries, but also she was the mentor of the original He-Man himself: D'Vann Grayskull, the first King of Eternia!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post

Diddo ... its Veena!
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom