Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 003 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 003 Discussion!

Episode 003 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Emiliano Santalucia, "Pixel Dan" Eardley, and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

This week's show starts out with listener voicemail, then continues with a discussion about Earl Norem's artwork for the world of Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power.

Then they enjoy a phone interview with Earl Norem himself, where they talk about his art on He-Man and She-Ra, his past as an illustrator and his artistic background and painting technique.

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Direct link for Episode 003

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    YES! Man are they coming fast! I love it. Thanks guys!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Thanks guys, yes I've been waiting this since monday

Must say first 20-30 mins was just gooble, but after Demoman incident it went well. I luckily had a picture of every poster from those US magazines, so I was able to see the pictures while you guys talked about them.

Next week is it bios again?
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Just in time for my stupid long warmup for deadlifts and long cardio session tonight!

You guys rock. Thanks in advance!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Must say first 20-30 mins was just gooble, but after Demoman incident it went well.
    I can't tell if that means the first 20-30 mins were good or bad.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'm downloading it now. Might not be until late tonigh before i hear i though. I cant wait.
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I like the part about dealing with other people's perspective on our collections. I personnally have a "Man Cave" in my house. Each wall of the cave supports a bookcase filled with Action Figures from Star Wars (1980-present) MOTU the original, 2002, and classics on top (of course) LOTR, Transformers, GI JOE, Star Trek, DC, Marvel, etc etc etc... All told there about 3000 figures and toys on and off the card in this office and I have to admit there is a distinct difference in the reactions depending on how close the friend is. My Closest friends go from shelf to shelf, admiring each figure. They ask if they can pick them up, they comment on who it is and what connection they have with the character. Those who are casual aquaintences, go into the cave and go, "What are you like the 40 year old virgin or something?" (BTW, those who insult the cave, get no booze from my bar) Anyway, it was refreshing to hear the similar view points.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    People don't really give me any crap, but a few are sometimes pretty surprised that I collect toys.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    People don't give me crap either. Even friends who aren't into comics and toys look at them as a thing of beauty and admire them as art, and can see that's why I collect them. I've even had people ask when I come back from the comic shop, "Oooo! What'd you get???" Some even say they wish they could find anything they loved that much.

Side note, I was at a party this weekend and we were talking about old toys. MOTU and POP came up, so I mentioned the Classics line and everyone was so glad to hear that it was being done.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    Ill download it today!! Cant wait to listed to Earl Norem!!! one of the "Greatest', in my opinion.

Only one thing, IT took forever to get to the interview. You guys talked about Earl Norem's work FOREVER and you speculated on what was going into the work. The whole time I'm asking myself, just ask HIM!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Fri-ends? What are these "friends" you speak of?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

sweet you guys played my comment!

And just to be clear my wife is cool with it, its just people i work with and some family members just never understand it lol.

But I am who am. And if they dont like it, they can stick it lol.

Love the show guys! Keep rocking!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Can't wait to listen to this one - Norem's work was what originally made me fall in love with MOTU. I really wish Mattel would get him to do some more artwork for them.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I can't tell if that means the first 20-30 mins were good or bad.
    Well, I don't know if gooble actually means something ,but for me it sounds something like: piffle or twaddle
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, I don't know if gooble actually means something ,but for me it sounds something like: piffle or twaddle
    Personally I thought it was akin to "splunge"...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wow, it's great you guys are doing this every week! I am downloading it now, and can't wait for my commute home!

Greetings from Italy. Thanks for another great podcast, the Earl Norem interview was very informative. He has always been a real artistic inspiration. Thanks for playing my voicemail btw..... Just to clarify, I too, was a tad put off about the mentioing of Demo-Man initially, but I was thinking about it.....is there really much of a difference if Keldor is infused with a demon spirit, or if his transformation into Skeletor was the work of Hordaks magic alone...? There is still an outside force at play that one could argue contributed to some sort of behavioral change in Keldor..... Or not.
    With that said.... I'm done discussing the much worn out subject of Demo-Man.... But I am looking forward to seeing the figure when it comes around, and I am most definitely looking forward to next weeks bio discussion.

God bless Earl Norem... Great interview!
    Eamon, get the dang site done!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    Only one thing, IT took forever to get to the interview. You guys talked about Earl Norem's work FOREVER and you speculated on what was going into the work. The whole time I'm asking myself, just ask HIM!
    We had fun talking about the individual pieces and our memories about them and what we liked about the art.
    We didn't want to get all super-geek on Mr. Norem about that stuff.

Let me put this type of thing to bed now.
    If people like the entirety of the show? Awesome!
    If they only like certain pieces? That's cool too.
    And if they don't like it at all? Then that's also fine.

Fortunately for anyone like yourself who doesn't like certain segments of the show, you can always fast forward the MP3.

So if your comments are going to be insults like this, where you compare parts of our podcasts to nonsense or trivial talk, a free podcast that's presented as an entertainment option, then please don't comment.
    After all, you wouldn't want someone here posting in a thread and telling you any of your posts are nonsense.

Keep in mind that constructive, friendly feedback is cool.
    But still, at the end of the day, we're having fun doing a show we want to do where we just geek out and have fun talking for a while, and that's what's most important for us.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    God bless Earl Norem... Great interview!
    Eamon, get the dang site done!
    I'm with ya! I'm chompin' at the bit for more updates!
    Why do ya always have to be so busy, Eamon!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Love, love, love it! Another great one! Can't wait for next week!

Congrats on getting Earl Norem for an interview! That's huge! Nicely done! A friend of his once told me he wasn't interested in doing interviews now because no one really seemed interested in his work back when he was doing it.

Nice to know that he's not fully retired as well, I thought I heard he was no longer working due to arthritis or something. Since he does pieces here and there maybe he could do the next Sub exclusive poster for MOTUC!?

I was kinda hoping that my Earl Norem tattoo would come up in the conversation with him though...

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    I like the part about dealing with other people's perspective on our collections. I personnally have a "Man Cave" in my house. Each wall of the cave supports a bookcase filled with Action Figures from Star Wars (1980-present) MOTU the original, 2002, and classics on top (of course) LOTR, Transformers, GI JOE, Star Trek, DC, Marvel, etc etc etc... All told there about 3000 figures and toys on and off the card in this office and I have to admit there is a distinct difference in the reactions depending on how close the friend is. My Closest friends go from shelf to shelf, admiring each figure. They ask if they can pick them up, they comment on who it is and what connection they have with the character. Those who are casual aquaintences, go into the cave and go, "What are you like the 40 year old virgin or something?" (BTW, those who insult the cave, get no booze from my bar) Anyway, it was refreshing to hear the similar view points.

Insulting aquaintences I say!!! screw em!!!
    If praise and good conversations come from visiting the "Cave" (and booze from the bar) Id be worried to visit...we'd end up comatose!

Quote Originally Posted by keldor18 View Post
    Insulting aquaintences I say!!! screw em!!!
    If praise and good conversations come from visiting the "Cave" (and booze from the bar) Id be worried to visit...we'd end up comatose!
    Don't Worry about that..there's an old saying in my home.....Friends get Glenlivet (15 year old) aquaintences get Clan McGregor...(Made this afternoon)

Glenlivet?
    Uh... *raises hand* I'm a friend, right?