Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 003 Discussion!

Now that you've said that, I'm gonna come hide a Spydor up in Penny Dreadful's Attic of Doom!

Another great episode guys!
    I'm totally addicted to them..
    *waits impatiently for Episode 4*

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Now that you've said that, I'm gonna come hide a Spydor up in Penny Dreadful's Attic of Doom!
    Well now, that would be hex-citing. Or maybe we should get a Webstor and hang him from the spider webs.

Looking forward to the next helping of Roast Gooble!

Since 200x is a bit of a pain to pronounce (is it two thousand X, two hundred X, Two Thousand and X ? etc) why not just call it after Toyguru's favourite phrase?

That way you would have

MOTU = The original
    POP = She-Ra
    NA = New Adventures
    HAD = 200x
    MOTUC = Classics

oh and what does HAD mean?

HYPER ANIME DETAIL

yeah I know it will never catch on
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Elder Councilman
    how about this for the 2002 version: MOTU02
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I think "Two Thousand X" has caught on in the community now.
    Prolly a bit late (and pointless) to try changing it. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    how about this for the 2002 version: MOTU02

Now I have to photoshop an image of a lawnmower wearing a tutu.

Elder Councilman
    Now I have to photoshop an image of a lawnmower wearing a tutu.
    um...actually, I saw it pronounced as "Mo-Tu-Oh-2"

very simple, really

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I think "Two Thousand X" has caught on in the community now.
    Prolly a bit late (and pointless) to try changing it. LOL.
    That doesn't stop Poe Ghostal from calling 200X the "Millenium Era".

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    HYPER ANIME DETAIL

yeah I know it will never catch on
    Oh, it's caught on alright...it's damn near a catchphrase.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

To add yet another chapter to the neverendig story of Skeletor's origin:

If you do not like the idea of a demon being responsible for Skeletor's demonic features - what kind of explanation for the fins and the feet would you have prefered?

of course you do realise I was only joking right?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I just got a chance to listen to this today. I listen at work.. and today’s the first day since this episode was posted that I was working at my desk on my own..

You guys made it hard to work today!! Haha.. Rather than just listening today, I was searching for the pieces of art you guys spoke of. I found most between he-man.org and earlnorum.com.. and thanks for both those websites! I don’t think I found the Landshark one you spoke of though..

I agree on the pronunciation of 200x. I’ve heard others say two-hundred-X.. and I think the X is supposed to replace the 2 in 2002.. or 3 or 4.. So I always read it as 2-thousand-x.

Regardless, this show helped reinvigorate my interest in the early MOTU art.. and I’m this close to spending too much time, money, and effort on trying to find the old magazines. I only have one left over from childhood.. and it’s missing it’s cover and poster.

Thanks gentleman, and looking forward to next weeks show..!

Another good show guys, thoroughly enjoyable stuff. Well balanced and lots of topics covered to keep it interesting.
    What's nice is that the four of you (when everyone's there) play off each other very well and seem to have genuine chemistry. It makes it much more accessible, as it's like sitting around a table with friends.

I'm just stubborn in my refusal to call the MYP era line "200X". Since I feel that the added "X" is just too "hip", it will always be 2002 to me.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    um...actually, I saw it pronounced as "Mo-Tu-Oh-2"
    Mo202? Now I'm picturing a Star Wars droid with a furry loincloth.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Another great dinner! Consider me hooked!!

Loved the interview with Mr. Norem! I checked out the website. VERY COOL STUFF!

Thanks guys! Keep up the excellent work! My only complaint is that I cannot chime in with my opinions during the discussions...... It sounds like you guys are really having a good time chatting up MOTU topics!

Call in and leave a voicemail!
    It's the next best thing!... I think.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Mo202? Now I'm picturing a Star Wars droid with a furry loincloth.
    Ok, I never even saw that coming a mile away....

Incedentally I already wrote an e-mail to the show explaining this but I thought I'd add it here.

Thanks for using my call in. I wanted to mention something that I thought sounded like was missed in the discussion of my theory of where/how the techno vest and sword would fit in the MOTUC history.

I hated the techno sword. Absolutely despise it. And to be fair I actually have no idea about a techno vest beyond the bio. But even though I dont like it and would rather it not exist, it does.

Now for anyone who wants to just ignore them, great. Do it. No harm no foul. However even though I may not like things, I try to find a place or explination for them if they exist rather than just ignore them. Not only is it a fun exercize and keeps you involved in the story (until they fully explain something) but it allows you to utilize what exists anyway.

I was not advocating these goofy concepts but since it is in cannon, I was trying to figure out how they may fit. OH, I have a personal cannon, but was speaking not of what we want things to be, just how they are in this cannon.

As a matter of fact, that's how I feel about Demo-Man or King Grayskull. Rather than just ignore what the "story" says, I'm enjoying trying to figure out what the story is going to be. I may or may not keep it in my personal ideas and cannon, but that is different than pretending they dont exist in this cannon. Anything to enrich and deepen the story is at least intriguing.

I say this, but ask me again when they make Fisto Teela's dad again. *Shudder* Gah, that is getting ignored. Again.

Roast gooble with a side of norem: Not bad. Of course, gooble with neitlich was good too. I don't know how you guys come up with these crazy recipes. Although I will say that I didn't taste as much eamon this time, no doubt due to its being added later. Maybe not all the eamon juice got extracted or something.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

another very good podcast chaps.
    Do you accept voicemails any other way than calling in? what if one wanted to upload an mp3 file somewhere for ya to download, so that..eh..some of us could edit down for time and/or re-record our thoughts so we don't mess it up.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    Well it seems that I got very bad reception in my messages, I blame the phone service provider!! Anyway!...thanks for this podcast guys!! specially the interview with Mr. Earl Norem!! What a treat!!! I really enjoyed it!!! he's been a great influence, and can only imagine the thrill of having the chance to talk to him!!(Val, Eamon and Emiliano, the art style&technique talk was specially interesting and insightful!...seriously...I got goosebumps)
    Most of your views...I agree with (DemoMan is probably a frustrated musician like me, anoying people with his song demos!!LOL)

I had no idea there was a website earlnorem.com I think it's awesome. I mainly know his MOTU stuff but it was great to see some Conan stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    another very good podcast chaps.
    Do you accept voicemails any other way than calling in? what if one wanted to upload an mp3 file somewhere for ya to download, so that..eh..some of us could edit down for time and/or re-record our thoughts so we don't mess it up.
    Sure, you can e-mail an MP3 or WAV to the podcast e-mail, as long as it isn't gigantic in size.

As long as you keep it at about minute or less in length, then that will be fine.

I am listening to it now.

Some points thus far:

-I miss the old-school artwork too. I would LOVE to see all of the original MOTU/POP?whathaveyou artwork collected in one (widely available) book for all of us fans.

-Here's how I pronounce the lines' names:
    -MOTU is "mo-too" although I usually just say "Masters of the Universe" because it sounds awesome
    -POP is "Pee-Oh-Pee" or, again, I just say the whole title
    -NA; I always just say "New Adventures"
    -200X; "two-thousand-ex"
    -MOTUC; "Classics," but "Mo-Tuck" is fun, too.

-I like the addition of the techno-sword in MOTUC. I love that Mattel is throwing in bts from all of the prior lines. It's making a fun, incredibly broad tapestry for this canon.

-Demo-Man is another bit that I am loving. It was awesome to hear from my good buddy and fellow Bio-Canon fan and collector PatrickFogarty! I may have to chime in for a future episode...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!