Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 003 Discussion!

Bruce Timm would be interesting to interview too, but I presume that will be rather difficult?

Mr. Timm has been pretty straight forward in that he just doesn't want to talk about MOTU any more.
    He wasn't rude about it, or mean, or anything.
    But, for whatever reason, it's not something he wants to recollect.
    So, I respect his request.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Mr. Timm has been pretty straight forward in that he just doesn't want to talk about MOTU any more.
    Paul Dini doesn't seem to have much respect for that time of his life either. As hard as it might be to get him due to his being busy writing movies as well as being a very popular comic writer, that's why I suggested JMS. I could be wrong, but he doesn't seem to treat his time working on MOTU with disdain the way some seem to(not that Timm necessarily does; I'm just speculating).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Mr. Dini seemed pretty open about talking to me about MOTU in the past.
    But I'm sure it depends a lot on his schedule.

I haven't talked to JMS in a while, plus he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall (same for Mr. Dini). But I still hope to hear from him soon.
    Cross yer fingers.

I haven't talked to JMS in a while, plus he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall (same for Mr. Dini). But I still hope to hear from him soon.
    Cross yer fingers.
    Considering he's at DC now, tell him how many DCU fans are forum members here. Maybe that will help.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Tell me about it. I have this book/magazine where he is interviewed and he went into his time while he was working for Mattel. While he did like the fantasy, he didn't dig MOTU like that. MOTU and NA was just a job to him.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Tell me about it. I have this book/magazine where he is interviewed and he went into his time while he was working for Mattel. While he did like the fantasy, he didn't dig MOTU like that. MOTU and NA was just a job to him.
    Well, Mr. Timm, I like Superfriends better than Batman The Animated Series or Justice Leagure Unlimited.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Sadly, it seems like the climate at Mattel during those days was such that quite a few of the people doing MotU in the 80's have that same "it was just a job" recollection.

Too bad about Bruce Timm, but understandable, could be business or personal reasons. Lets home there is better luck with Paul Dini!

On subject of interviews still. These might be a bit hard ones, but I thought giving you guys ideas won't hurt?

What do you think the changes are to talk with some of the people involved with the live action He-man movie? There has been some Q&A at http://mastersoftheuniversemovie.blogspot.com/ which been excellent, but voice interviews are always a new dimension and you guys can cover different grounds.

For example you could try to talk to William Stout and about his concepts for the movie. Also I presume you could come up with more things to talk with director Gary Goddard in addition to those that were covered by the blog.

Oh and I have been enjoying the show, if it isn't already clear!
    Last edited by Invicta; June 7, 2010 at 04:51pm.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    You guys think Roger Sweet would do a Gooble interview?

Have to say that I disagree about the dislike of the 200x sword, especially if you consider the backstory and the reason for the redesign.

As He-Man's "main" sword I don't prefer it, but with the 4H's story in mind, I like it a lot idea-wise, and craftsmanship-wise, it's pretty sweet, too.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    You guys think Roger Sweet would do a Gooble interview?
    LOL! Nice suggestion!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Past Gooble Dinners

I am currently listening to podcast#3 and could not find a prominent link for it. Anyway Earl Norem also did alot of paintings for Sectaurs as well, and I try to incorporate Sectaurs into my MOTU collection since they are close to the same size. Anyway in reference to the voicemail concerning how other people view our obsessions with collecting, I liked all the suggestions I heard. To make a long story short, too many haters...my mom always told me if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all, and it still seems relevant these days.
    Master of Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by willykfg View Post
    I am currently listening to podcast#3 and could not find a prominent link for it. Anyway Earl Norem also did alot of paintings for Sectaurs as well, and I try to incorporate Sectaurs into my MOTU collection since they are close to the same size. Anyway in reference to the voicemail concerning how other people view our obsessions with collecting, I liked all the suggestions I heard. To make a long story short, too many haters...my mom always told me if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all, and it still seems relevant these days.
    I found it and got it merged for you.

Please try the search feature next time. It's really cool.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Fri-ends? What are these "friends" you speak of?
    Fri-ends? What are these "friends" you speak of?