Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

http://www.toonzone.net/news/article...or-cn-in-2011/

I HATE the artwork. It looks like Lion-O imitating a Batman universe comic book..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I need to see more, but that looks awesome! Its a dark painting without much detail, but it looks very true to model - exactly what I'd like to see.

And it has a good lineage behind it:

“ThunderCats” is executive produced by Sam Register (“Teen Titans,” “Ben 10,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold”). Michael Jelenic (“Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” “Wonder Woman”) and Ethan Spaulding (“Avatar: The Last Airbender”) are the producers.

True,

I just don't want a dark, brooding series that already starts with the destruction of Thundera.

This time around, though, I hope we spend more time on Thundera in the first few eps before it explodes, see what the planet is like, get to know it a bit better and then boom, gone.

I also hope they don't get voice imitators. Get someone who can do the voice rather naturally and evolve it from there. When you try and imitate someone, you can go in and out of the voice very easily, but if you have it naturally in you, it can come out better...

- I also hope, however doubt, that they'll get an orchestra to create the music like they did with other series. Remember how the classic Mumm-Ra theme was neatly updated for when the Lunatacks where brought on? That's all they need to do for this one....
    Geek Media -

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    One shot like that doesn't tell you everything. Overall, I'm pretty excited to hear that Thundercats is coming back to TV. It's a good series and I hope they get some good writers on the show. Thundercats can do so much and it would be cool getting into their mythology and history.

I also hope they will get to more characters.

This also means that ACTION FIGURES! are coming. You know if there is a cartoon, a toy line can't be far behind. Hopefully Mattel got their hands on them so the Four Horsemen can do something with them.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Looks fine, but I've had it up to here with yellow skies in all modern fantasy stuff.

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    I personally like the art....Can't wait to see what they do with it. Now how about a Thundercats "Classics" line!

Fabled Stones of Power?

So far thats my only complaint. Hope that idea gets scratched! Ooh hoo hoo. Hee hee hee. I kill me. Its a good thing I have nine lives. har-har-har *ACK* *COUGH*

Oops. Hairball. As far as I'm concerned, the teaser art is the cat's meow! It looks grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeat!

In all seriousness, I'm glad they let the cat out of the bag. It doesn't look like we are going to get that whole silly 'rockstars by day' Thundercats story of which rumors were floating around, so I'll hang in there baby
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; June 2, 2010 at 12:39pm.

I'm looking forward to this. It's great that ThunderCats is getting another shot.

The image looks good and fairly close to the original. The only part that bugs me is the sword. Why change the design? The Sword of Omens is iconic.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

This also means that ACTION FIGURES! are coming. You know if there is a cartoon, a toy line can't be far behind. Hopefully Mattel got their hands on them so the Four Horsemen can do something with them.

Well, if they did don't expect the figures to hit retail. They'll be online exclusives and only available once a month where scalpers can buy up the entire stock in five minutes. I'd rather Hasbro or some other company that would make these figures retail handle it.

So far it sounds okay. I highly doubt the original Thundercats logo will stick and expect new theme music. Anyhow, just as long as the ludicrous idea of having the Thundercats being a musical band is completely out of the question, I'll give this one a chance. Maybe it'll be more successful than the MYP MOTU cartoon was and spawn a seven season history like another successful reboot, TMNT 2003/FF/BTTS. I'm all for a reboot of Thundercats as long as it doesn't deviate too far from the original concept.................like the terrible BSG 2003 series did.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I'm on the fence. I LOVE Thundercats, but "Anime style" brings back flashbacks of MOTU 200X.

Let's hope TCats fares better.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I highly doubt the original Thundercats logo will stick ...
    I expect the logo to be extremely close to the original. Its too iconic. Between the DVDs, comics, T-shirts, etc.

They might texture it up and modernize it that way, but I bet it'll stay very close to the original design.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Is this going to be like comparing MYP to Filmation?

I'm almost afraid for the new show. Most fans have such high expectations for new ThunderCats media, any new choice is sure to fall short of the original version.

I'm going to wait and see. We can't go from a picture or animation studio description. I really hope Mattel gets the license and the 4H are sculpting these. Fans are always asking for ThunderCat Classics.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I just recently picked up the full Thundercats series. I was intending on watching it when I completed vieiwing my MOTU related media. (However, I'm stuck since I don't have She-Ra Season 2)

I loved watching Thundercats before school back in the day, and I remember having my Snarff straw holder from BK to which I thought was awesome!

Now.. I don't have cable anymore, and I'm not sure if Cartoon Network airs their shows on their website.. I'm hopeful they will.. I have high hopes for a Thundercats show.. I'll pick up a couple toys if they look good.. but I won't get all of them like I do MOTUC.

I remember when I was younger.. a kid down the street wanted MOTU toys for christmas, and his parents got him Thundercats.. they didn't know the difference.

I'm excited though.. would prolly even pick up a licensed comic..

Thundercats HOOOOO!

OT: Possibly old news - Thunder Cats

I just saw the ad on cartoon network for a new Thunder Cats TV show. Awesome. This maybe old news, but I am so excited to see the ad. It is due to air in July.

What next, Sectuars?

Jay

merged

Here's the Thundercats - 2011 thread from the Org's Other Discussion Forum. merged

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aiwaloki View Post
    What next, Sectuars?
    Well, WEP as a new Voltron series out on Nicktoons...

merged

Different strokes for different folks i guess but i loved the voices for the two mutants, glad they are not idiots like in the 80's

Only voice I have found disappointing was Mumm-Ra because it needs to be more over the top and lacks heart

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Good episode. I agree on the terrible villain voices. I did think Mumm-Ra's was a bit better this episode though, Grune was AMAZING and I think Slithe is okay. The part where Slithe introduced the new villains to the Thundercats and Monkian spoke...terrible. It was like those ultra terrible Japanese to English Anime dubs where they pick the worst voice actors in existence. Just my opinion on that specific scene.

Panthro Fantastic is interesting. Didn't see his arms doing that in a million years. Not sure how I feel about it, but all the Berbil scenes were hilarious.

I didn't like Cheetara giving up like that at the end. Of COURSE they were just going to kill everybody. Didn't she train for YEARS with Jaga? I'm sure they discussed these scenarios. She IS a Cleric.

People are going to hate on me for saying this, but...I don't think I like Monkian or Jackalman. I didn't like Jackalman from the 80's show, so that's not new...but I liked 80's Monkian. Monkian in the 80's cartoon was bad (not insanely evil to eat an entire birdman race) and he was...I don't know how to put it...respectful? :holoL; I know you're probably scratching your heads at that comment, but it's true! I forget the 80's episode, but the other mutants were sitting around a table saying stupid things and Monkian said something like "chauvinists!" (because they were objectifying women or something). That part shocked me, but I thought it was pretty cool. I don't see this "new" Monkian being anything like that. He's all smash, kill, destroy.

Thundertank Technodrome...whatever you want to call it. Eh....I think it's a bit too much. It looks like two Thundertanks are trying to make a baby Thundertank.

BTW, I TOTALLY agree with Tundra_Torque on Monkian's design. He reminded me of MYP's Beastman design a lot. There was one spot were he was very large and hunched over. Recolour him and give him Beatman's whip and it looked like someone traced an MYP image and made a few changes. MYP/200X is infamous for it's imposing hunch.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

This episode was hit or miss with me.

I liked Panthro(he seemed more likable), but I didn't like his Mr. Fantastic arms.

I liked that Jackalman & Monkian were introduced, but I'm not a fan of their new Joker personalities(do all villains need to be so insane these days that they'll kill or eat anything near them).

I liked Jackalman's voice, but didn't like Monkian's.

I liked the hoverboards, but not the "moblehome" Thundertank.

I liked Lion-o as a leader, but I don't want to see him lament over Cheetara every episode.

I still feel this show is, for the most part, better than MYP's MOTU, but I think Young Justice is a better toon.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    T
    I liked that Jackalman & Monkian were introduced, but I'm not a fan of their new Joker personalities(do all villains need to be so insane these days that they'll kill or eat anything near them).
    This is my problem with cartoons of today. Serious doesn't Always equal Cooler. THe fact that Monkian would kidnap someone in a second and STILL call them chauvinists .... made him far cooler as you didn't know what to expect from him. Same goes for JAckleman. He was cowardly, but he was also intelligent and cunning and willing to take risks. He was so scared of Mumm-Ra at one point, he was willing to sacrifice himself to get what he wanted. Monkian was a force to be reckoned with on his own.. These new guys are unlovable animals... the most successful villains have at least SOME likeable quality to them, otherwise they are just one notes..

I'd still like to see a series where they cross over the surviving characters from the old universe. Tygra, Lion-O, Cheetara, Kit and Kat, Monkian, JAckleman...and have a three parter, so long as they keep true to the personalities..
    Geek Media -

It's funny a few years ago people were complaining about villains being made to be too likeable. Citing the Green Goblin was just nuts originally.

I don't think they both should have been Batman villain nuts. But we were just introduced to them, Monkian, forget his real name mentions Cheetara's attack pattern is the same over and over again.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    This is my problem with cartoons of today. Serious doesn't Always equal Cooler. THe fact that Monkian would kidnap someone in a second and STILL call them chauvinists .... made him far cooler as you didn't know what to expect from him. Same goes for JAckleman. He was cowardly, but he was also intelligent and cunning and willing to take risks. He was so scared of Mumm-Ra at one point, he was willing to sacrifice himself to get what he wanted. Monkian was a force to be reckoned with on his own.. These new guys are unlovable animals... the most successful villains have at least SOME likeable quality to them, otherwise they are just one notes..

I'd still like to see a series where they cross over the surviving characters from the old universe. Tygra, Lion-O, Cheetara, Kit and Kat, Monkian, JAckleman...and have a three parter, so long as they keep true to the personalities..
    I think the idea is to show that these guys will actually be legitimate threats now and not the bumbling stooges of the 80's.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Its the only thing I look forward to every Friday!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

HD figures on youtube
    What's wrong with Shredder's thread? It's cool you made one for toys, but I think the main thread should still be for the cartoon.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I agree with BC. Good job with the toy thread, but so many people talk about the show in Shredder's thread that we should let that one stay.