Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Bandai better make some kick ass figures.
    Don't hold your breath...they tend to suck in the Toy department aside from Ben 10.

They always oversell the items and they then become peg warmers.

BOA is a terrible toy company.
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

Ugh...I just lost hope for any decent ThunderCats toys. Bandai of America makes the worst action figures. These will most likely be in 4" scale now. Expect a ton of crazy Lion-O variants, too. BOA is not very collector-friendly.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Why the negativity guys?! We are getting a show remade we've been waiting for years & I think anime would be the best way to go. As for the toys I don't think they can be that bad. Lets just calm ourslves,wait & watch.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

well I love Thundercats and Anime so I am really looking forward to this new toon. That being said I can't really say I like the logo. The cat symbol is fine because it is iconic so I am happy that they basically left it the way it is but I think the font is just too fussy, far too much going on imho with all those spikes / claws (whatever they are supposed to be coming off of the letters)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I think Bandai will do a great job with it.

There is already a fansite and facebook page dedicated to it

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thunde...26968223990243

and

www.thundercatsanimated.blogspot.com
    The Legion Fan Network
    Batman News
    www.legionsofgotham.org
    Our NEW Batman News Blog:
    www.legionsofgotham.org/batmannews
    Toy News
    www.toylegion.com
    Ghostbusters News
    www.gbcollector.com

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    so i wonder where this leaves the company that got the stactions in the wings
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    so i wonder where this leaves the company that got the stactions in the wings
    Probably in the same place that they were before the Bandai deal.

I doubt that WB would suddenly pull the license from them, and the Bandai deal specifically says:

"while Bandai America has sealed a deal for the property's master toy license with Warner Bros. Consumer Products.

As part of the deal, Bandai is developing new action figures, vehicles and playsets."
    I don't believe statues fall under the "toy" banner.

Yeah, action figures etc. are a very specific part of licensing, so the statues and finer collectibles wouldn't be included, since Bandai does not produce these.
    The Legion Fan Network
    Batman News
    www.legionsofgotham.org
    Our NEW Batman News Blog:
    www.legionsofgotham.org/batmannews
    Toy News
    www.toylegion.com
    Ghostbusters News
    www.gbcollector.com

If anything, Id imagine Icon Heroes are doing cartwheels in their offices after hearing this news.

The amount of attention Thundercats will be getting over the next couple years probably just went up 100-fold.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    What are some of Bandai's recent action figure lines? Anyone know?
    Power Rangers, and Ben 10..

I'd rather Mattel have the license.. since they're better at making toys, IMO..

However, I'm happy that I don't have to purchase Snarf for 30 bucks on MattyCollector.com when it's available for 90 seconds.

Bandai isn't the most promising company to produce detailed figures. I wish LJN was still around, since they were so ahead of the game in the eighties. Regardless, I'm so excited that Thundercats is finally get another TV series. I can't wait to see what's in store!
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Bandai is KNOWN for their lackluster paint saving applications... this WONT be good. But its a loose/loose these days.

If Mattel made them, we wouldnt find them. EVER.Theyd be sold out and have 1001 exclusives.

Bandai.... we'll find them... VERY easily. We can always just re-paint the stuff.

Im just REALLY concerned for the sword roleplay toy. If its ANYTHING like their new Dragon Dagger... might as well not make it. 8 inch sword.... right. If the new cartoon sucks, whatever, I still have my originals!!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Bandai will also be releasing figures of the Classic characters

http://www.bandai.com/blog/press-rel...bandai-america

BURBANK and CYPRESS, Calif. – June 3, 2010 – Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) announced today a powerhouse partnership with Bandai America Incorporated, as the global master toy licensee for the animated series, ThunderCats. Under the new agreement, Bandai and their international affiliates will create and distribute products worldwide that will complement both the classic brand property, as well as Cartoon Network’s fresh take on the animated series, with new television episodes set to air in 2011.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think Bandai is a good toy company. I'm very sad their action figures have been shrinking in scale...as with Hasbro.

I really, REALLY wish Mattel got the licence. They even has a question about it in their one survey. My guess is that Bandai must have put a higher bid on the licence than Mattel.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    My guess is that Bandai must have put a higher bid on the licence than Mattel.
    I think Mattel is still so gunshy from the failure of the 2002 MOTU line, they probably felt Thundercats was another risk since it too hasn't been popular since the 1980's.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Power Rangers, and Ben 10..

I'd rather Mattel have the license.. since they're better at making toys, IMO..

However, I'm happy that I don't have to purchase Snarf for 30 bucks on MattyCollector.com when it's available for 90 seconds.
    Lol! Exactly!

I am not a fan of the recent figures Bandai has been putting out domestically, especially when compared to their awesome import figures......

Fingers are crossed that this is the line that transforms Bandai of America from mediocre into fantastic. Not very likely, but if Mattel starts to feel the heat, a battle of licensed figures could mean great things for us fans. More articulation, better paint apps, and cooler sculpts would be the weapons for this war..........I'm all for it.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

brightened up the picture

I can't wait for more artwork to come out

Movie mayhem!
    I'm surprised that the thundercats community site still hasn't reported on this on their main page.

My He-man wants

"What's so civil about war anyway?" - W.Axl Rose

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    We'll be doing a recap of all the news and putting it on the front page (at least for ThunderCats Lair).

Heroic Warrior
    The fist images of the staction toy line have shown up. The Lion-O looks really good. The article I read hinted that they may know who the sculptors for the line are, as judging from the pictures could it be the 4 Horsemen?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Monkey View Post
    The fist images of the staction toy line have shown up. The Lion-O looks really good. The article I read hinted that they may know who the sculptors for the line are, as judging from the pictures could it be the 4 Horsemen?
    **Please remove [img] tags in quoted replies/ Thanks
    http://www.figures.com/forums/attach..._2338702_n.jpg
    That sure looks like the 4 Horsemen's work to me.
    Last edited by GeologyMule; June 7, 2010 at 10:55pm. Reason: Removed IMG code
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

i don't know this looks nothing like the 4hm work to me, looking at all their prototypes from their own lines to motuc the lines and paint apps don't look nearly as sharp as the horsemen have consistently shown, either you tcats fans have wishful thinking clouding your vision, or me as a non tcat fan is suffering from the same affliction.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Like the sculpt, paint needs work.

Potential is there.

Lion-O really needs to do a Got Milk ad.