Page 13 of 117 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Thanks! It seems weird that Mattel would reveal that only 3 weeks away from SDCC.
    Its not a Mattel reveal or Mattel Exclusive, its TRU and Entertainment Earth
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm very excited about the Lion-O exclusive. I plan on being at the Entertainment Earth booth early on Thursday morning of SDCC - if not Wednesday evening.

Darn! Now I'm not sure if I wana get the regular Lion-O or this one. Hmmm......
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I might get both. I'm not sure I can see the metallic paint look seeming right next to the other figures, but I'd like to use the accessories with the main Lion-O.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Ugh.... these exclusives are going to kill my wallet!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Ugh.... these exclusives are going to kill my wallet!
    Yep!
    Bill :: guitargod694

This Lion-O looks like it can't have the gauntlet attach to his leg because that blue piece that the regular version has is missing on this one.

I saw a preview of 9 minutes, it looks great.

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I saw a preview of 9 minutes, it looks great.

http://fotos.subefotos.com/d1b7d4b77...19928b77eo.jpg
    who, what, where, huh? More info please
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Tygra was one of my least favorite of the original Thundercats, but it looks like he might be my favorite this time.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    who, what, where, huh? More info please

I found a link on another forum to download it .
    unfortunately this link already is blocked, I'm afraid that Warner did it.

i liked it , good animation ,good voices ,good desing ,a style enough anime in my opinion ,but it's ok.
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I found a link on another forum to download it .
    unfortunately this link already is blocked, I'm afraid that Warner did it.

i liked it , good animation ,good voices ,good desing ,a style enough anime in my opinion ,but it's ok.
    I'm guessing it might wind it's way up to youtube eventually, but too bad we can't link it here
    Geek Media -

I think one of the biggest sells for me is that the look of it reminds me of the MYP show and I LOVED that show and wish it could have continued. Really looking forward to this though!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

episodes title

Fri Jul 29 - 8:00pm - 101 - The Sword of Omens - (series premiere)
    Fri Jul 29 - 8:30pm - 102 - Ancient Spirits of Evil
    MOTULA.ORG

BTW, Rob Paulsen, in his latest podcast, mentioned he'd be on Thundercats. Probably as a guest voice...
    Geek Media -

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am not going to wait 6-12 months for them to finally roll out the line in Australia. What kind of business sense is that when they will be bought on ebay easily and probably cheaper?

That would mean the cartoon won't be shown for 6-12 months either. They wouldn't release one without the other considering what the marketing plan is.

Too late for me, I will buy the toys from a reseller and download the catoon from a torrent site
    Yeah same. What worries me though, is if they can stop bbts and other online retailers from selling the toys to other countries, can they bully ebay to not allow sellers to sell to other countries also? I'm clueless in that area so I dunno.

What annoyed me was this line...

"Since we do not ship overseas, we suggest that you keep posted to www.bandai-asia.com or contact the following Bandai office for product support and availability specific to Australia"

Okay you don't ship overseas duh, but why do you stop others from doing so? What's this region locking rubbish? Why can I buy Ben 10 products on bbts for example but not Thundercats?

Our local distributors are Funtastic Limited and Hobbyco Imports PTY LTD. I wonder if they and other distributors around the world opened their big fat mouths that they were concerned with online retailers such as bbts taking all the profits away or something? especially since we had that stink locally a few months back by the retailers association to get the federal government to intervene in some way because local retailers were losing business to foreign online retailers, but there was a huge public backlash so the government wasn't going to touch the subject with a 10 foot pole or intervene, remember that?

I saw the 8 minute preview..possibly something to be shown at San D?

A few interesting character developments. Tygra sounds rather close to his 80's counterpart. Cheetara lost her good looks, but sounds FAR better than her 80's incarnation...she can actually act now. And of course, Larry Kenny Rocks.
    Geek Media -

I'm watching it right now.

9 minutes:

EDIT (LOOKS LIKE Tallstar and I posted the video at the same time... though mine was bigger. )

I like it so far!
    Last edited by JonWes; July 3, 2011 at 11:05pm.

I'm not sure how I feel after watching that. I'm still not in love with the look of the show or the idea that it's going to take place in a medieval kingdom, but the score is really good in parts & some of the voice work wasn't bad. I guess I'll withhold judgement until July 29th. I thought Voltron Force looked awful based on its initial trailer but I really like it now.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 3, 2011 at 09:15pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The only thing I'm not sure I love is the rather drab color palette.

There was a Thundercats trailer right before the movie trailers started in TFOTM today. It looked good on the big screen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel after watching that. I'm still not in love with the look of the show or the idea that it's going to take place in a medieval kingdom, but the score is really good in parts & some of the voice work wasn't bad. I guess I'll withhold judgement until July 29th. I thought Voltron Force looked awful based on its initial trailer but I really like it now.
    So, I take it you missed the promo a few months back with the GIANT ROBOTS in it?

After watching the preview, I'm still not the biggest fan of the animation, but I'll give it a shot.

Oh man, I thought the color palette, design style, and animation were actually three of the highlights!

I love that the main characters have strong colors and the supporting guys are all kind of unremarkable. That doesn't make the whole palette drab though. I also like that this feels like its a style that's kin to the original but obviously much more extreme. I actually did not think I would like Snarf, or the Thunderkittens, but what I saw of them here worked better than I expected.

What I think is really odd though is how this looks and feels like...well like how I would expect a show starring descendants of the original characters to look. I mean they even say their ancestors came to this world and defeated Mumm-Ra! Is this some kind of sequel-ish approach where the old show's exodus is now the distant history of this new incarnation of the familiar characters? Do Jaga and Lion-O's dad still die? Apart from obvious familiar characters, it's uncanny how much the setting resembles a possible future of the original show. Cat's Lair has a city around it now, the Thundercats are now one civilization among many on Third-Earth, Mumm-Ra the ever living is an enemy from their past, the Mutants are enemies that live outside their city and have an odd mixture of technology. I don't know how to feel about that, but it does kind of spare us the awkwardness in the original show's origin. No more do we need to explain Lion-O awkward aging (I never liked it myself, Cheetara was just unattainable because she was so much older I thought), no more tiny remnant of survivors out of all Thundera, no more "are they supposed to be naked" start off with the strange costume change.