Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2910

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Pumyra is my fav cat, OS and new. I did redesign with her a few ago and she also had a wrist crossbow!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    This week's teaser videos and images are now up! Check it out below!

“Birth of the Blade” Sneak Peek Videos and Images!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I feel this show is writing at a level above kids. I'm not saying it's HBO's Spawn or the animated Heavy Metal movie, but I feel with its pace & the subject matter of some episodes, kids aren't the main target audience. I feel kids today have even less patience than we did when we were younger. Hell, this show seems to be too slow moving for some adults as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    Rataro was cool I enjoy this week episode and I agree with those who say the show isnt geared to towards kids like the Voltron reboot is
    I agree with both of you...and that's it's main problem.

No child is going to want a toy from a show that they don't care about. If the toys don't sell than the show is a bust. The "adult market" can only buy so much of the toys. Without support from the "mom and kids", the toy line will fail which will lead to the show being cancelled.

But, I think kids have started watching the show. And I say that as someone who was concerned about kids actually getting into it. But didn't they report ratings went through the roof now that it's no Saturday mornings?

Depends on what you mean (and they mean) by kids. I know people who when they say kids it's anyone from the age 1-17. Demographically speaking it can be 2-12, with tweens sometimes being taking out. But as many of us have mentioned on the site between 6-9 kids stop buying toys and move to video games. So the problem is even if kids get into the show chances are toy sales won't drastically jump. Toy driven shows just aren't going to do as well as they used to unfortunately.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    But, I think kids have started watching the show. And I say that as someone who was concerned about kids actually getting into it. But didn't they report ratings went through the roof now that it's no Saturday mornings?
    I'm not saying it's not, but do we know if the people watching it saturday mornings are kids? A lot of adults might not have been able to watch it "live" on fridays nights if they had to work late or went out at night. Unless one works retail, most have off on saturdays.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Macross was not really geared towards kids yet we had no problem enjoying Robotech back in 1985. Same thing fo Yamato and Starblazers in the 70's. If it's good you should be able to enjoy it even if you are a kid. You might not understand everything about it but you should still be able to enjoy it; that's how I see things. The next episode looks EPIC.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Macross was not really geared towards kids yet we had no problem enjoying Robotech back in 1985.
    Speak for yourself. I never watched Robotech. Outside of Spectreman, Tranzor Z, & Voltron(they may not have been aimed at kids originally, but they were edited in the US with kids in mind), I never watched a Japanese TV show until I was in high school.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I remember watching parts of Robotech (not Macross) a few years back, my first thought was I watched this all the time as a kid? If I knew I hadn't done just that I wouldn't have known I did, even getting some of the toys.

Heck how many of us grew up watching Watership Down? Sure it was a movie but still. Secret of N.I.M.H.? And I am sure if I thought about more animated movies that were pretty heavy for kids to be just watching looking back at all that now.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Another great episode today!!! I love how we finally got the history behind the two swords and watching Pumyra and Lion-o being hunted was fantastic. I said it once and I'll say it again, Pumyra needs to join the team. I hope Kit/Kat are included in the next episode (what happened to them?).

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Awesome episode!
    I really prefer the ones like this, where the classic characters are further developed and the complex history of the iconic artifacts are revealed, as opposed to the episodes where Lion-O learns a lesson about sharing from the hamster people.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Awesome episode!
    I really prefer the ones like this, where the classic characters are further developed and the complex history of the iconic artifacts are revealed, as opposed to the episodes where Lion-O learns a lesson about sharing from the hamster people.
    they really need to make these mumm-ra battles more interesting. One or two energy bolts and he flees. I never got tired of t he mumm-ra fights in the original. This new version is just mumm-ra in name only.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Another great episode today!!! I love how we finally got the history behind the two swords and watching Pumyra and Lion-o being hunted was fantastic. I said it once and I'll say it again, Pumyra needs to join the team. I hope Kit/Kat are included in the next episode (what happened to them?).
    I'm surprised (and thrilled) that she isn't gone yet. I keep expecting some excuse (Pumyra is sick/injured, has to find her sister, has to stay behind, etc.) to write her out of the show. It would a pleasant surprise if she stayed and became a permanent member.

Kit, Kat and Snarf probably stayed inside of the Super Duper ThunderTank.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    they really need to make these mumm-ra battles more interesting. One or two energy bolts and he flees. I never got tired of t he mumm-ra fights in the original. This new version is just mumm-ra in name only.
    I agree that the fights are way too short. Lion-O blocks blast, Sword powers up and Lion-O hits bad guy with even bigger blast and ends the fight.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 13, 2012 at 12:20am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Pumyra kind of reminds me of the beautiful warrior maidens in the original series Willa and her sister (don't remember her name). I wonder if they will ever make some kind of appearance.

Originally the Thundercats Crew implied Pumyra would be in a 3 ep arc, they did not say if she would be on past that so she could join the team officially but this just would be the last ep heavily involving her as a focal point. We will have to see but I really like what she is bringing to things, miss Kit/Kat and Snarf though
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Kit, Kat, and Snarf get there own episode next saturday.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Good episode. Pumyria was cold again through the first half though. Girl has mood swings. I really wish we would get toys of Leo and the female ancestor of Panthro to go with Tygus...but I highly doubt that will ever happen. Hopefully Bandai does something to bring more figures, at least. (I know...not the toy thread ).

I thought we were going to see Bengali because of the blacksmith in the past being featured a bunch. I was wrong though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I'm kind of thinking that we might see Bengali as part of a splinter group of the main Tiger clan. Perhaps the group refused to be support Mumm-Ra and the Ancient Spirits of Evil and left to form a seperate community.

I don't think such a splintering would have happened in the far past but more recent, perhaps not all that long before the incidents which resulted in Tygra being sent away. That way Tygra could find family there such as an aunt & uncle leaving the possibility open for Bengali to be Tygra's cousin.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; May 14, 2012 at 04:54am.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    The lastest episode was excellent I am hooked to the show now, I actually like it better than the one from the 80s
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

For me, this was the best episode so far. It had a bit of everything: illuminated some of the back story regarding the swords, involved lots of characters (Pumyra, Jackalman, and Monkian), and some good battles with Mumm-Ra. Given the flashback to the Sword of Plundar, I wondered if this is the tie-in with the Silverhawks and Mon-Starr. I know that we saw Mon-Starr before and I was hoping that he would start to relate to the show a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    For me, this was the best episode so far. It had a bit of everything: illuminated some of the back story regarding the swords, involved lots of characters (Pumyra, Jackalman, and Monkian), and some good battles with Mumm-Ra. Given the flashback to the Sword of Plundar, I wondered if this is the tie-in with the Silverhawks and Mon-Starr. I know that we saw Mon-Starr before and I was hoping that he would start to relate to the show a bit more.
    the only thing I don't like about the sword is that the design was changed to keep tooling costs down, most likely. Give him a gauntlet and a sword of omens look alike and boom, you've got an easy to duplicate weapon.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Speak for yourself. I never watched Robotech. Outside of Spectreman, Tranzor Z, & Voltron(they may not have been aimed at kids originally, but they were edited in the US with kids in mind), I never watched a Japanese TV show until I was in high school.

Well Robotech would fall under the same header as Voltron and Tranzor Z. Go Lion being edited into Voltron and Macross being edited into Robotech. But you see my point. I think most of us didn't actually watch any Japanese shows until we were in high school. Sci-Fi Network's Adventures in Japanese Animation in the summer of 1993 really opened my eyes.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; May 16, 2012 at 03:54pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    The funny thing is though, Golion was a kids show in Japan. However, their kids are far more mature than ours, because we are lazy and stupid. What we have rated on tv here as TV14 would actually be rated TVY7 in Japan if they had tv ratings (which I think are the dumbest thing ever).
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Japan has vending machines with used panties in them. We don't.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Japan has vending machines with used panties in them. We don't.
    Reason number 4590 why I our country needs to step up.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael