Page 113 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 2910

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

And the new antitheft cards are highly annoying, it doesn't slow down piracy. Most laws like this, gun control, liquor consumption, identity theft, etc etc tend to affect law abiding citizens more than it does the criminals because by definition criminals don't care and are going to break the law anyways. Well the affect it has on law breakers etc is another potential charge brought against them.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well you know what happens. Someone buys a movie, decides they want to copy it, turns it on, sees the warning signs and reads them, and then says, (in Snake's voice from Simpsons) "Oh man, what was I thinking? I almost broke the law by copying and selling this. Thanks title card dudes."
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

it's got what plants crave.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    it's got what plants crave.
    At least one person got my reference.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    At least one person got my reference.
    Well I watch the violence channel 24/7! great flick!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

in my annual listening/re-watching of the Thundercats show in both audio and video form (classic series), I finally figured out what bugged me about this new mumm-ra voice. He's monotone! Sort of like the chris rock of villains. Where as the old Mumm-Ra clearly enjoyed his work...he showed comedicness, tiredness, mirthless laughter, all the range of a great set of emotions. This new guy... just sort of reads his lines like this barely breaking up sentances or taking a breath it really is quite hypnotic..

he sounds OK for the part, he just doesn't do ANY acting in it
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    in my annual listening/re-watching of the Thundercats show in both audio and video form (classic series), I finally figured out what bugged me about this new mumm-ra voice. He's monotone! Sort of like the chris rock of villains. Where as the old Mumm-Ra clearly enjoyed his work...he showed comedicness, tiredness, mirthless laughter, all the range of a great set of emotions. This new guy... just sort of reads his lines like this barely breaking up sentances or taking a breath it really is quite hypnotic..

he sounds OK for the part, he just doesn't do ANY acting in it
    Chris Rock isn't monotone, he may not act much but he isn't monotone. ben stein is monotone. showing limited range isn't the same as being monotone.

But aside from that nitpick...I agree, the new mumm-ra is terribly boring. I feel the same about monkian and Jackalman though. they TRY but they fall flat.

Fear is faith in failure

I think the cartoon may come back, but I don't have much hope for the toy line.

From what I have seen, Bandai's toys just never connected (well enough) with the target audience.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Meh....... Ill believe it when I see it. If it comes back I will gladly celebrate like its 2011 all over again.

Hopefully though if it does come back, Bandai will just give up the licence and let someone finish off the VERY FEW core figures we needed. Its doubtful and rare, but even a low level company (or mezco.. please be mezco) can pick up the style, make Pumyra, Jaga, Lynxo, the Mutants and call it a day.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

At this point I really don't care if the toyline makes a comeback, but the show MUST go on. It was too good to just end. I still think that the hiatus they had is what killed the toyline (what was it like 3 months). They did the same thing with Young Justice and we all know where that toyline went. Cartoon Network needs to get it together.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Actually Dan Norton just wrote that "no one is working on the show and if they started today, it would take years to get back on tv". So he's been spot on..... dont get your hopes up kids.

I should have known with Toynewsi..... they say they heard something but they didnt hear anything. Lame.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Yeah at best I could see the cartoon coming back, its animation so it really does not matter if its next week or in 2-3 years. With how badly Bandai handled the toy line they could probably wait a few years and reboot the toys while re-airing the shows first part.

But as far as I can see the toy line is 110% dead, with no toon its definitely dead but Bandai has shown no signs of wanting to do anything with it. Even overseas the Singapore Con Exclusive is merely a repainted Lion-O most likely due to the fact they could not move the 8" stock they had so they had to repurpose it.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

What bugs me is they are acting like this European launch is such a big deal. If it's such a huge event, why is Slithe still so rare??

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    What bugs me is they are acting like this European launch is such a big deal. If it's such a huge event, why is Slithe still so rare??
    Because Slithe was in the 3rd-4th revision of the 4" Deluxe

If it just launched in Europe they are not going to release the later waves first

Not to mention they also did not make a lot of him, even when the cases were available from distribution here in the US its not like it was in any grand amount. I can get multiple cases of the Claudus wave still but I only ever got 5 cases of the Slithe wave before Bandai discontinued it and told my distributors they were no longer available.

We have no idea what stock got sent back from the major retail here and what got repurposed for overseas. But if the toyline was failing here before he was sent into production there will be a lot lower QTY of him available because otherwise its just lost money to make more than you plan on selling
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    We have no idea what stock got sent back from the major retail here and what got repurposed for overseas. But if the toyline was failing here before he was sent into production there will be a lot lower QTY of him available because otherwise its just lost money to make more than you plan on selling

Oh, I don't know. I can think we can pretty safely assume it was wave 1 stuff, and plenty of mummy mum-ra's

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Oh, I don't know. I can think we can pretty safely assume it was wave 1 stuff, and plenty of mummy mum-ra's
    Yeah see that is part of the problem, if the discount stores can't move the early wave deluxe you will never see Slithe anywhere

This is good news. The new cartoon is fantastic. Here's hoping its true.

Heroic Warrior
    I pray the show comes back with the same artist, animaters, voice actors, writers, directors, etc.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    It's the same fate that befell the MYP MOTU series and the corresponding toyline! ARGH!!!! Why does this ALWAYS happen with well made animated series?! And WHY does everyone have to write their 'season finale' in the style of a damned cliffhanger?! We're never going to see Lion-O find the next stone OR liberate Pumyra from Mumm-Ra!!!
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Well at least this is something. Hope fully the cartoon will continue.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    It's the same fate that befell the MYP MOTU series and the corresponding toyline! ARGH!!!! Why does this ALWAYS happen with well made animated series?! And WHY does everyone have to write their 'season finale' in the style of a damned cliffhanger?! We're never going to see Lion-O find the next stone OR liberate Pumyra from Mumm-Ra!!!
    I guess they write cliffhangers so that they can spark interest for the next season, versus no cliffhanger. If there isn't a cliffhanger, fans might not remember or care where the show left off at.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I guess they write cliffhangers so that they can spark interest for the next season, versus no cliffhanger. If there isn't a cliffhanger, fans might not remember or care where the show left off at.
    yeah they don't PLAN on not getting more seasons, but boy does it suck when they don't. My Name is Earl ended on a SERIOUS cliffhanger, and they ahd EVERY reason to believe they were coming back. but too much posturing and sabre rattling on the production company's side made the network say forget it. sigh.

Fear is faith in failure

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah they don't PLAN on not getting more seasons, but boy does it suck when they don't. My Name is Earl ended on a SERIOUS cliffhanger, and they ahd EVERY reason to believe they were coming back. but too much posturing and sabre rattling on the production company's side made the network say forget it. sigh.
    Aer you serious? I was planning to check that show out sometime, but now that I know it ends on a cliffhanger, forget it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm not sure where people are seeing there is some hope? If the Art Director is saying no one is working on the show and it'd take years to come back... I think we can officially declare it dead. Not to be a party pooper. I just don't trust Toynewsi at all as a news source. They mostly just recycle news from elsewhere.