Page 12 of 117 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I do like the animation, but it's WB isn't it? a much higher end studio than MYP. I hope for the next MOTU cartoon Mattel doesn't go bargain hunting (though MYP did manage some fantastic animated episodes)I want a consitant level of high quality.
    WB is not animating it, Studio 4°C in Japan is and they are most notable for Transformers Animated and the Halo Legends OVA.

But yes I think your sentiment is accurate that more money and production value is going to be thrown at it to ensure its high quality.

Anyway I will definitely check this out, hope that finally thundercats keeps my interest. GI Joe has managed to for the first time with renegades (I'm not a Joe fan except for the movie with cobra-la)
    Well you are the oddity most Joe fans hate Cobra-La I think and you were bored by Thundercats.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This will probably be the only other current line, besides the MOTU Classics, that I'm going to collect on a regular basis.
    I am just interested what Thundercats line you are going to collect? 4 inch? 6 inch? 6 inch deluxe? Classics?

(I'm not a Joe fan except for the movie with cobra-la)
    That movie is one of my guilty pleasures

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am just interested what Thundercats line you are going to collect? 4 inch? 6 inch? 6 inch deluxe? Classics?
    I'm planning to ease into it with the 8-inch Classic figures, but I may get sucked into collecting ALL the 4-inch basic/deluxe and 6-inch Collector figures (plus associated vehicles and playsets) too because I'm picking those up for someone overseas. ha! Not really interested in the role playing stuff or the stactions, though. The large-size Mezco Lion-O looks pretty cool...but I dunno. This will become expensive fast.

I'm just getting the Classics at this point, I think. The other ones are actually pretty fun looking but I don't need another line to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well you are the oddity most Joe fans hate Cobra-La I think and you were bored by Thundercats.
    There's more than one, I loved Cobra-La. Honestly I think it was too good for GI Joe fans.

None. I watch Ben 10: Ultimate Alien and don't feel the need to buy those toys, so I expect this will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This will probably be the only other current line, besides the MOTU Classics, that I'm going to collect on a regular basis.
    See I've got MOTUC, DCUC, 7th Kingdom (which is a significant chunck of money when it has product), and infrequently Star Wars. I've got no room for Thundercats, and what I've seen has not enticed me to make room either.

cobra-la makes me ill.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1180012p1.html

New Thunder Thursday is up!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow the inside of the Thundertank looks bad ass

ThunderCats VariousSee More ThunderCats Various at IGN.com
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

July is huge for 3 of my favorite franchises. MOTU is getting 5 "big" announcements at SDCC, DC Comics is releasing a "reboot" sampler to comic stores on July 20th, and Thundercats premieres July 29th. I usually prefer Fall & Winter to Summer, but dang!

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    July is huge for 3 of my favorite franchises. MOTU is getting 5 "big" announcements at SDCC, DC Comics is releasing a "reboot" sampler to comic stores on July 20th, and Thundercats premieres July 29th. I usually prefer Fall & Winter to Summer, but dang!

http://rlv.zcache.com/christmas_in_j...22d6pl_400.jpg
    You forgot Voltron, which today had its SDCC panel announced which will be attended by THQ for a video game and Mattel for toys

[URL]
    Awesome!

You forgot Voltron, which today had its SDCC panel announced which will be attended by THQ for a video game and Mattel for toys
    After MOTU, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, & Gobots, I always have a hard time deciding on my 5th favorite toy based franchise. As much fun as I'm having watching Voltron Force, it might as well be Voltron. I can't wait to see tonight's "game changer" episode and am almost positive I'm signing up for Mattel's 2012 subscription.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I really am excited for this series. I am getting used to some of the design choices and I can't wait for it to start. I really do hope it becomes as popular as Ben10 because lets face it, if the kids don't like it then it won't have any longevity. I think the producers have this epic story in mind and it will take a couple of seasons to get into the meat of it. I want this series to continue so we can get a Silverhawks cameo.

I am still rather disappointed that my BBTS preorder was cancelled bt Bandai America. I think I will be collecting a little bit more than just the Classic series

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    I really am excited for this series. I am getting used to some of the design choices and I can't wait for it to start. I really do hope it becomes as popular as Ben10 because lets face it, if the kids don't like it then it won't have any longevity. I think the producers have this epic story in mind and it will take a couple of seasons to get into the meat of it. I want this series to continue so we can get a Silverhawks cameo.

I am still rather disappointed that my BBTS preorder was cancelled bt Bandai America. I think I will be collecting a little bit more than just the Classic series
    I purposely sent a over the top melodramatic email to Bandai America to vent my disappointment and just to see what happens, and this is the reply I received...

Dear MoD

We greatly appreciate your passion for the ThunderCats property and Bandai’s toy line. You will be happy to know that there is a global roll out strategy that is starting here in the U.S. in Fall 2011, and will hit international markets over the next six to twelve months.

While we can’t confirm an exact date at this time, it is currently planned to have the ThunderCats toy line available in Australia, in the near future.

Since we do not ship overseas, we suggest that you keep posted to www.bandai-asia.com or contact the following Bandai office for product support and availability specific to Australia.

Bandai (H.K.) Co., Ltd.
    customersvcs@bandai.com.hk
    23A Floor, Tower 1, The Gateway
    Harbour City,
    Tsim Sha Tsui,
    Kowloon,
    Hong Kong
    Phone: 852-2866-0229
    Fax: 852-2861-3661

Thank you,

Customer Service
    Bandai America

WB is not animating it, Studio 4°C in Japan is and they are most notable for Transformers Animated and the Halo Legends OVA.

But yes I think your sentiment is accurate that more money and production value is going to be thrown at it to ensure its high quality.
    outsourced by WB though isn't it? like MYP had dong woo and dong yang doing the animation, i think Dong woo was the better quality episodes you can really see the difference, but thanks for the info I like getting into the meat of things.

until the internet I didn't know I was the odd man out on Cobra-La, well me thefallen and gbagok! Thing that got me into that movie was (what I thought was) Duke's death, and I'm a fantasy guy over military so Cobra-la was more my speed. and yeah you're right at the end of the day I found the thundercats boring, I'm TRYING to rewatch it now and it's tough, I've abandoned it to catch up on Game of Thrones, but I'll try again, I'm only up to episode 7 on TCats.
    Last edited by krosfyah; June 30, 2011 at 11:26pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

outsourced by WB though isn't it? like MYP had dong woo and dong yang doing the animation, i think Dong woo was the better quality episodes you can really see the difference, but thanks for the info I like getting into the meat of things.
    No Studio 4c is doing the entire thing, its being funded and produced by WB but the animation is entirely by that studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
    I purposely sent a over the top melodramatic email to Bandai America to vent my disappointment and just to see what happens, and this is the reply I received...

Dear MoD

We greatly appreciate your passion for the ThunderCats property and Bandai’s toy line. You will be happy to know that there is a global roll out strategy that is starting here in the U.S. in Fall 2011, and will hit international markets over the next six to twelve months.

While we can’t confirm an exact date at this time, it is currently planned to have the ThunderCats toy line available in Australia, in the near future.

Since we do not ship overseas, we suggest that you keep posted to www.bandai-asia.com or contact the following Bandai office for product support and availability specific to Australia.

Bandai (H.K.) Co., Ltd.
    customersvcs@bandai.com.hk
    23A Floor, Tower 1, The Gateway
    Harbour City,
    Tsim Sha Tsui,
    Kowloon,
    Hong Kong
    Phone: 852-2866-0229
    Fax: 852-2861-3661

Thank you,

Customer Service
    Bandai America
    I am not going to wait 6-12 months for them to finally roll out the line in Australia. What kind of business sense is that when they will be bought on ebay easily and probably cheaper?

That would mean the cartoon won't be shown for 6-12 months either. They wouldn't release one without the other considering what the marketing plan is.

Too late for me, I will buy the toys from a reseller and download the catoon from a torrent site

Does anyone know when the show will be airing in the UK, I assume the July date is just for the US?
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Wow the inside of the Thundertank looks bad ass
    I've had alot of doubts about this. I actually havn't seen any designs except one of Lion-o some time ago that I thought looked a bit too American-Animeish......

Then I looked at the pics on that site. Holy crap! They even have Robears?! This looks great! I'm sorry I blew it off up til now.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    http://www.thundercats.ws/news/attac...1309539079.jpg

I really like this Lion-O! He's a TRU.com exclusive and is going to be available at the same site as Battle Armor Faker!

• A base for the Sword of Omens and Claw Shield!
    • New paint deco on Lion-O
    • Shiny sword blade!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    ThunderCats in package! Brings me back to those LJN days!

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/attac...1309526520.jpg

ThunderCats Bios on Cartoon Network.com!

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/thundercats/characters/lion-o/index.html

LION-O
    Lord of the ThunderCats, Lion-O is a fearless leader who's ready to jump into the fight, even when it gets him in trouble. He wields the mighty Sword of Omens, the most powerful weapon on Third Earth.

TYGRA
    Lion-O's adopted older brother Tygra can best his sibling in most things, yet is jealous of Lion-O's claim to the royal crown. In combat, Tygra uses his whip to turn invisible and is an expert marksman.

CHEETARA
    Trained by the wizard Jaga, Cheetara is a powerful magician and the last living Cleric. She's also the fastest cat in Thundera and an expert in many forms of combat, including staff fighting.

WILYKIT & WILYKAT
    Crafty and resourceful, Wilykat and Wilykit are two young orphans who join Lion-O and the others on their epic quest.

MUMM-RA
    The very essence of evil, Mumm-Ra is a powerful sorceror with a vast army of minions. He seeks the same ancient artifacts as the ThunderCats and will destroy anyone or anything that stands in his way.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 1, 2011 at 02:27pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://www.thundercats.ws/news/attac...1309539079.jpg

I really like this Lion-O! He's a TRU.com exclusive and is going to be available at the same site as Battle Armor Faker!

• A base for the Sword of Omens and Claw Shield!
    • New paint deco on Lion-O
    • Shiny sword blade!
    ThunderCats in package! Brings me back to those LJN days!

Maybe it's just me, but those pics aren't showing up. Also, what is this talk of Battle Armor Faker? I must be out of the loop since that's the first I've heard of him.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Maybe it's just me, but those pics aren't showing up. Also, what is this talk of Battle Armor Faker? I must be out of the loop since that's the first I've heard of him.
    Yeah, those links didn't work for me either.
    The in package shots are here: http://www.thundercats.ws/news/class...n-package-151/

I like that TRU Lion-O. Probably try to grab that.

And the battle armor faker thing just hit today.
    Also TRU, two pack with Bizarro. There's a thread in the MotUC forum.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Yeah, those links didn't work for me either.
    The in package shots are here: http://www.thundercats.ws/news/class...n-package-151/

I like that TRU Lion-O. Probably try to grab that.

And the battle armor faker thing just hit today.
    Also TRU, two pack with Bizarro. There's a thread in the MotUC forum.
    Thanks! It seems weird that Mattel would reveal that only 3 weeks away from SDCC.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Thanks! It seems weird that Mattel would reveal that only 3 weeks away from SDCC.
    Apparently it is SDCC exclusive from TRU? And then available at TRU.com after.
    So it isn't really a SDCC announcement...
    Bill :: guitargod694

The exclusive Lion-O is nice! The armory base, metallic colors and chromed sword looks very nice.

I was waffling on this line but I think I'll have to get these Classics figures.