Page 15 of 117 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm a little made. The freaking Lion-O Classics figure from Bandai is a TRU Comic-Con exclusive. -_-

Looks like I'll be passing on this line.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm a little made. The freaking Lion-O Classics figure from Bandai is a TRU Comic-Con exclusive. -_-

Looks like I'll be passing on this line.
    Just the metallic paint version with the weapon base. The regular version isn't exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    you know, I thought he said 'our ancestors where the first to battle mumm-ra'. Nothing about coming to this planet. But even so, it could open it up as a sequel to the original, which I Think is even better than a re-imagine..
    The only way that this could be a sequel is if Mum-Ra is THE Mum-Ra who came to alterna 3rd Earth after failing to re-conquer THE 3rd Earth.

Would explain why he looks EXACTLY same.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Speaking of fitting Rankin-Bass action cartoons into the over all 'world' of Thundercats, anyone recall TigerSharks?
    I tweet and Facebook Warner Archives constantly to get this show released

It was a really cool concept and the fact only 2-3 episodes exist in even decent form make it a longtime desire for me
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

About being a sequel, I think Mumm-ra was just like in the original cartoon once the former ruler of Third Earth (or at least some one of great importance). The Thundercats created the Eye Thundera and were able to use it to seal Mumm-ra away, where as in the original continuity it was someone else.

The animosity towards the lizards/mutants is they were probably Mumm-ra's henchmen with some of the other races being enslaved by them as Mumm-ra was picking them off. Most of the nations/groups/species were in conflict with each other so Mumm-ra's forces were able to largely gain victory that way. The Thundercats were the first to actively attack Mumm-ra and probably got other groups to band with them when they started having victories.

I wonder if the original wielder of The Sword of Omens was a man named Thundera and when he died he instilled most of his power into the eye.
    --------
    I find it interesting how as we progressed in fantasy type situations how things have changed. Gandalf is said to mainly have used passive magic, inspiring hope and strength and not many fireballs. Novels in the 80s and 90s the mages used more active spells (fireballs etc), but now it seems like they cast spells with every breath they take. I bring this up, the 80s sword properties the swords and other weapons were considered powerful but only in the sense of unbreakable and able to cut through anything now the cause lightning storms.
    Last edited by wyldman11; July 5, 2011 at 09:59am.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

...After watching this 9 minute preview, I honestly feel that this series is going to be Fantastic. Loving the voices & the character designs just keep getting better & better with the Animation. Can't wait for the 29th. :tbgrn:
    Last edited by 2-bad; July 5, 2011 at 10:35am.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    The only way that this could be a sequel is if Mum-Ra is THE Mum-Ra who came to alterna 3rd Earth after failing to re-conquer THE 3rd Earth.

Would explain why he looks EXACTLY same.
    That IS a rather interesting bit of design work, isn't it? The only thing they really changed was his ever living form..his regular form is an exact copy.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Just the metallic paint version with the weapon base. The regular version isn't exclusive.
    And the metallic version will be available on the Toys R Us website, so attendance at comic-con is not required to obtain one.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    That IS a rather interesting bit of design work, isn't it? The only thing they really changed was his ever living form..his regular form is an exact copy.
    It's just a subtle change of body proportion. Every detail from the original is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That's basically why I said I was going to wait until July 29th before giving my opinion. It really seemed, from the brief 9 minute clip, to be Thundercats in name only. This is going to be a really obscure reference, but it felt more like the CrossGen Comics series Scion than the Thundercats to me...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0...cion_large.jpg

When I think of Thundercats, I think of the jungles of Third Earth and not something out of a renaissance fair.
    That was my favorite Crossgen comic, so I guess I'm blind to the badness that would be contained in similarities. To me Thundercats isn't confined to the woods, but I think we'll be seeing that setting just the same. It remains to be seen how long the Thundercat cities remains intact. I think it's very likely that things are going to change quite a bit in the pilot. Lion-O's dad will probably not be around for long, and I'm wondering about Jaga's lifespan as well.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    First look at the 6" Mumm-Ra from the Bandai ThunderCats toy line:

I LOVE this figure! Perfection!!! I really hope Mezco does the whole ThunderCats line in Mega-scale!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    First look at the 6" Mumm-Ra from the Bandai ThunderCats toy line:
    Pretty cool. I am a wee bit tempted with the 6'' line of the new stuff. We'll see. I am most looking forward to seeing it unboxed though.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That Mumm-Ra figure is cool! Now...is the 6 inch line solely new T-cats and the Classics 8 inch? I'm just a tad confused because that Mumm-Ra looks like the 80's design.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

New T-cats is available in 4'' and 6''
    Classics are 8''

The new Mumm-Ra design is pretty faithful, but you can tell that figure is a lot smoother/more stylized along the lines of the new series.

Here's a clearer pic of it:
    http://www.thundercats.ws/news/attac...1301419117.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Okay, that redesign, I do not like.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    I LOVE this figure! Perfection!!! I really hope Mezco does the whole ThunderCats line in Mega-scale!
    Is that a figure or a statue? I can't see any articulation but supposedly the article says it has 7 points??
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Packaged Classics Tygra:
    http://www.thundercats.ws/news/class...ge-photos-158/

One of the pictures makes Tygra looked weirdly barrel-chested, but I think it's the angle or the lens

6'' New Series Lion-O:
    http://www.thundercats.ws/news/moder...ed-images-159/

The pics are kinda blurry. And there sure are a lot screws in the back. Not sure how I feel about it. Interesting that the claw replaces his hand instead of just sliding over it. I scanned the tag on the side of the box... right now it just takes you to www.bandai.com/thundercats.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    New T-cats is available in 4'' and 6''
    Classics are 8''

The new Mumm-Ra design is pretty faithful, but you can tell that figure is a lot smoother/more stylized along the lines of the new series.

Here's a clearer pic of it:
    http://www.thundercats.ws/news/attac...1301419117.jpg
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the picture and info! I have to say though, he looked better in the YouTube video.

Packaged Classics Tygra:
    http://www.thundercats.ws/news/class...ge-photos-158/

One of the pictures makes Tygra looked weirdly barrel-chested, but I think it's the angle or the lens

6'' New Series Lion-O:
    http://www.thundercats.ws/news/moder...ed-images-159/

The pics are kinda blurry. And there sure are a lot screws in the back. Not sure how I feel about it. Interesting that the claw replaces his hand instead of just sliding over it. I scanned the tag on the side of the box... right now it just takes you to www.bandai.com/thundercats.
    I thought the same thing about Tygra's chest!

I think the 6 inch Lion-O looks great (I figured about the screws, that's how Bandai does Power Rangers). Lion-O's new design makes me smirk everytime I see him because he looks like Cloud from Final Fantasy 7! They just switched the shoulder pad to the other shoulder and gave him the toned down "Advent Children" hair style:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I just saw on the boomerang channel 7-16/17 they are doing a thundercats marathon getting ready for the new toon no doubt. It will be fun to get caught up and memory sharp for the new toon so we can spot any little reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Is that a figure or a statue? I can't see any articulation but supposedly the article says it has 7 points??
    It's a giant rotocast plastic figure by MEZCO that has 7 points of articulation like you said.He's really Awesome!He comes with both short and extended Sword of Omens,Claw Shield,and swappable left hand!

Last edited by TITAN; July 5, 2011 at 10:02pm.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    It's a giant rotocast plastic figure by MEZCO that has 7 points of articulation like you said.He's really Awesome!He comes with both short and extended Sword of Omens,Claw Shield,and swappable left hand!
    He looks great! Thanks for the info!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I tweet and Facebook Warner Archives constantly to get this show released

It was a really cool concept and the fact only 2-3 episodes exist in even decent form make it a longtime desire for me
    Ugh! Tigersharks was worse than Silverhawks! But yeah, Warner should totally release it for the fans.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d=13623http://
    yeah I just got mine - I like it - its almost 2 feet high with the long sword raised in his hand.