Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I expect the logo to be extremely close to the original. Its too iconic. Between the DVDs, comics, T-shirts, etc. They might texture it up and modernize it that way, but I bet it'll stay very close to the original design.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page. They say it's official. It seems that the text has changed a little bit, but the logo looks unchanged. Also, there's a tidbit that says the reason why nothing Thundercats-related has moved forward in recent years is because of rights issues. Apparently that's all been sorted out now: http://www.collider.com/2010/06/02/t...ries-animated/

Mattel are really looking small now, as someone said above. A small Internet exclusive line for adult fans isn't good enough. It's as simple as that. Get a move on, Mattel!

I will say I love the new logo!

And if Lion-O looks like he does in that 'after the jump' update, then THAT is wahat I hope the new show looks like!

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/u...01-600x450.jpg
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Scroll to the bottom of the page. They say it's official. It seems that the text has changed a little bit, but the logo looks unchanged.
    Yup. Its a different title treatment, but its VERY close to the original and very much in the same vein. The cat head appears identical, just with some texture on it to tie it into the new title treatment.

I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Oh, and Whil Wheaton as Wilykat... Make it so
    WHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN NN!!!

(sorry watching Big Bang Theory)
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Speaking as a casual (at most) TC fan, this is exciting! I did have the big Mumm-Ra figure (not the mummy looking one) as a kid, and I still have a straw topper from BK with the little cat-guy...God, what was his name?

Anyway, I would be all over some TCClassics... MOTU crossover, here I come!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The only thing that could top this was if Mattel announce they have the toy license and will debut Thundercats Classics at SDCC (which I truly believe will happen)

I guess this won't be true now
    Last edited by TheFallen; June 3, 2010 at 10:00am.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I will check out the first episode just to make sure I still dislike them. Now, a revamped, killer version of their theme song could pull me in for a listen, at least.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I guess this means the movie plans have probably gone bye-bye. I'll check out the first episode and see if I like it. I'm not a fan of any of those current shows mentioned. If it is too anime-ish, it might turn me off (yeah, I realize the original show had its influences). I'll try to give it a shot, though.

I actually liked the concept art for Lion-O from a few years ago, with him younger and anime like, but I hated the Mumm-Ra redesign and the musician storyline garbage reimagining. This looks and sounds very promising, I hope they can manage to replicate the original music. Jaga's theme still gets me teared up when he pilots the ship by himself. Oh, yeah, I hope they account for more Thunderians in suspension capsules or something this time, the original had a pitifully small number of survivors for such an upbeat show.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I actually liked the concept art for Lion-O from a few years ago, with him younger and anime like, but I hated the Mumm-Ra redesign and the musician storyline garbage reimagining. This looks and sounds very promising, I hope they can manage to replicate the original music. Jaga's theme still gets me teared up when he pilots the ship by himself. Oh, yeah, I hope they account for more Thunderians in suspension capsules or something this time, the original had a pitifully small number of survivors for such an upbeat show.

Yeah, the ships where destroyed way too easily for a warrior race. And why have such a huge flagship that carries only the main cast? I hope they fix that this time around too..

BTW, I assume that is real
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/larry.kenney?ref=ts
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Why Can't 2011 come any earlier?! I absolutely can't wait. This is epic!
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Oh man, this looks awesome! I can't wait!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yup. Its a different title treatment, but its VERY close to the original and very much in the same vein. The cat head appears identical, just with some texture on it to tie it into the new title treatment.

I approve.
    When a design looks like a Photoshop tutorial, the designer is usually an amateur, insecure, or both. The texture on the logotype and the typography is unnecessary and makes the design look cheap. Dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    When a design looks like a Photoshop tutorial, the designer is usually an amateur, insecure, or both. The texture on the logotype and the typography is unnecessary and makes the design look cheap. Dislike.
    I'll keep that in mind if I ever become a designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    When I read this post, the voice in my head sounded like...

I dig it....

Sallah

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I'm on the fence. I LOVE Thundercats, but "Anime style" brings back flashbacks of MOTU 200X.

Let's hope TCats fares better.....

Actually, if you think about it, the original Thundercats WAS anime in a sense. I think Jules Bass even refers to the original series as anime during one of the special features on one of the volume sets of the original series.

I love the look of the original series, even if it was outsourced to Asia!! The look of the new series cannot be too bad..........................just as long as they refrain from doing it in Flash animation and NOT make the characters in blocky style like a lot of newer cartoons are.

Oh, yeah and Snarf NEEDS to be there too. I don't care about the naysayers who are going to potentially complain that Snarf was too much of a comedic foil and blah blah blah. He is part of the Thundercats history and is just as important to the franchise as Orko is.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Oh, yeah and Snarf NEEDS to be there too. I don't care about the naysayers who are going to potentially complain that Snarf was too much of a comedic foil and blah blah blah. He is part of the Thundercats history and is just as important to the franchise as Orko is.

Anti-Orko Brigade in 5,4,3,2 ...

Sweeet! I cant wait to see the character designs!

As for the new logo... I think the texture is a bit overkill but I like that they have homaged the orginal in style and design.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

This could be really good I'm looking forward to hearing more, I like the teaser poster, just hope they don't mess it up.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    From Variety:

"WB to Roll with ThunderCats: 1980s Show Part Network's Storm of Toon Revivals" Michael Schneider

Warner Bros. Animation is looking to make a big splash next year with its revival of the 1980s cartoon franchise "ThunderCats."
    Cartoon Network has signed on to air a new, anime-inspired take on "ThunderCats" in 2011, while Bandai America has sealed a deal for the property's master toy license with Warner Bros. Consumer Products.

As part of the deal, Bandai is developing new action figures, vehicles and playsets.

"ThunderCats" is part of a toon revival taking place at Warner Bros. Animation, which is also behind "Batman: The Brave and the Bold," as well as the upcoming "The Looney Tunes Show," "MAD," "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated," and "Young Justice."

Sam Register is executive producer, while Michael Jelenic ("Batman: The Brave and the Bold," "Wonder Woman") and Ethan Spaulding ("Avatar: The Last Airbender") will produce.

I found this press release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THUNDERCATS, HO!

WARNER BROS. ANIMATION ANSWERS THE CALL WITH A NEW
    TAKE ON THE CLASSIC ANIMATED SERIES “THUNDERCATS,”
    TO AIR ON CARTOON NETWORK

(June 3, 2010 – Burbank, CA) – Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) has begun production on “ThunderCats,” an all-new animated series for Cartoon Network, based upon the iconic 1980s action classic. “ThunderCats” is the newest series from WBA, joining “Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” which was recently renewed for a third season, and the following forthcoming programs: “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice.” The announcement was made today by Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs, Warner Bros. Animation.

“In addition to being Warner Bros. Animation’s first anime series, ‘ThunderCats’ marks our most ambitious foray yet into fantasy,” said Register. “The realism and dynamic visual style we’ve achieved are sure to thrill viewers, and the cool weapons, vehicles and technology should help the show appeal to a diverse audience.”

The 21st century reimagining of the series marks a creative collaboration between WBA and Studio4°C, one of the most vibrant animation studios in Japan, with credits including “The Animatrix,” “Gotham Knights” and “Halo Legends.” WBA is working closely with Studio4°C, utilizing the latter’s expertise to give the “ThunderCats” characters a new cutting-edge look while remaining true to the compelling storylines and mythology of the original series.

“We at Studio4°C are excited to be in this creative partnership with Warner Bros. Animation to bring ‘ThunderCats’ to life,” said Eiko Tanaka, President and CEO, Studio4°C. “This collaboration combines the strengths of our two companies – high production values and great storytelling – toward reintroducing this classic fan-favorite to a new audience.”

Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C’s use of the Japanese animated artistry of anime, “ThunderCats” characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations.

The new “ThunderCats” will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.

“ThunderCats” is executive produced by Sam Register (“Teen Titans,” “Ben 10,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold”). Michael Jelenic (“Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” “Wonder Woman”) and Ethan Spaulding (“Avatar: The Last Airbender”) are the producers.

About Warner Bros. Animation
    Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) has been producing award-winning original animation since 1930, when it released its first cartoon, Sinkin’ in the Bathtub. Since then, WBA’s characters have set the standard for innovative, quality animation. Producing for network and cable television, online, home entertainment and feature films both domestically and internationally, WBA is highly respected for its creative and technical excellence, as well as maintaining the studio’s rich cartoon heritage. WBA also oversees the creative use of, and production of animated programming based on, classic animated characters from the Hanna-Barbera and DC Comics libraries. WBA is one of the most honored animation studios in history, garnering a grand total of six Academy Awards®, 36 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents’ Choice Award, a Humanitas Award, five Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards.

About Studio4°C
    Studio4°C is Japan’s leading animation studio. Led by producer Eiko Tanaka, Studio4°C is renowned for its ultra-energetic, cutting-edge feature films, progressive music videos, radical short films and numerous outstanding television commercials, promotional materials, video/computer games and TV series. Studio4°C was an early adopter of digital technology and is now a brand name with global recognition for its progressive hybrid visuals and funky crossover creations. In 2003, through a joint production with Warner Bros. Studios, Studio4°C created the revolutionary “The Animatrix.” Studio4°C’s crazily innovative feature film “Tekkonkinkreet” was a 2007 Oscar® nominee in the Animated Feature Film category. Taking its name from the fact that water is at its densest at four degrees Celsius, Studio4°C represents the creative manifesto to “create only works that are dense with substance and extreme quality.”

# # #
    so the studio that did the animatrix and gotham knight are doing the art. Can't say I liked the stories in those 2 but the art was nice
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Bandai ? Only wish it could a been 4H and Mattel, we'll see what Bandai can produce. If they suck it'll be just enough reason to stick with MOTUC line. Like I would give this line up.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Bandai better make some kick ass figures.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Movie mayhem!
    What are some of Bandai's recent action figure lines? Anyone know?

I had read a rumour going around that Bandai had the license, that is disappointing because we all know the 4H would be outstanding

I will still check it out though

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    What are some of Bandai's recent action figure lines? Anyone know?
    Bandai control the Gundam market and I think they made highly articulated Power Rangers figures recently
    Last edited by TheFallen; June 3, 2010 at 09:58am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost