Page 23 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Awesome! And do you mean Sword of Omens! LOL!
    Ahh, you caught me

What sucks is that there're still no figs on store shelves, let alone a space and the show is going to air soon =/

Cool. I wanted one until I saw the price.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    My SDCC Lion-O arrived today. Getting ready to open him. :P
    Mine will be here tomorrow!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm really looking forward to this show. The previews I've seen look very good and based on what I heard from Comic Con 2011, it looks as though they are making a good effort.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

My sdcc lion-o, as well as the reg version and tygra arrived today. They'll look nice on the shelf, but they are terribly disappointing as figures. They're cheap (though being Bandai, I expected it.) The ankle joint is molded in orange on lion-o and his boots are blue. The wrists are a different color than the surrounding area also. All three figures have the differently colored wrist and ankle joints. The reg version of the sword of omens is flimsy soft plastic.

I really wanted to like these figures, but the quality just isn't there.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    My sdcc lion-o, as well as the reg version and tygra arrived today. They'll look nice on the shelf, but they are terribly disappointing as figures. They're cheap (though being Bandai, I expected it.) The ankle joint is molded in orange on lion-o and his boots are blue. The wrists are a different color than the surrounding area also. All three figures have the differently colored wrist and ankle joints. The reg version of the sword of omens is flimsy soft plastic.

That's disappointing to read. Never been a big fan of any of Bandai America's figures.

I'm very sorry to hear that. As a Thundercat fan that stinks. As someone who is already faced with too many toys from Mattel, that's good news. At least I know I won't be tempted by Bandai's offerings.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Here's my review! Feel free to repost it to other fourms!

Please embed videos per forum rule. Thanks.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Whelp, I did something dumb and I actually went to Toys R Us and asked somebody for any Thundercats toy. I don't know if collecting toys from a b&m store is as bad as it used to be in the mid 90's, so I'm used to feigning ignorance when asking for something so the employees won't think I'm a collector just looking to horde/cherry pick everything.

Anywho, the clerk looked up a sword piece online and took the sku number and looked in the nationwide database. No other store had them, and she said that since it's on the website it must be shipping out now. She also said that their big Christmas breakdown was coming in three weeks, and since the toys are shipping now that it might not even be put out on shelves until everything is rearranged and a specific spot is laid out for them at that time.

She basically said you can keep trying the website and as soon as there's a link to pick it up in stores it should be out on shelves.

Sucks, but I guess we gotta wait for the Christmas rearrangements =/

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Mine will be here tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    That's disappointing to read. Never been a big fan of any of Bandai America's figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that. As a Thundercat fan that stinks. As someone who is already faced with too many toys from Mattel, that's good news. At least I know I won't be tempted by Bandai's offerings.
    I'm disappointed with the SDCC Lion-O as well. It's mostly the arms and legs and poor quality control (i.e. rubs on one boot, hand has a slice in the vinyl etc.) that kills it for me. I can't @ the sloppy muscle shading and seemingly random lines sculpted into musculature. Granted, I don't know a lot about sculpting or modern toy lines, but this just looks subpar when compared to the awesomeness that is the MOTUC line. Not sure if I'm going to continue collecting these 8" Classic figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Here's my review! Feel free to repost it to other fourms!

[url]Please embed videos per forum rule. Thanks.
    Very cool review! I'm a bit miffed that I never saw the original sword when I was a kid. Hell, I never knew it existed Oh well, thanks for the review (I've decided to keep my in the package until the line is released in stores and I can get another one)

BTW, that's a cool watch you're wearing. What brand is it?
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; July 28, 2011 at 06:48am.

Yeah, I'm really excited about the new cartoon, it looks damn good, judging from the previews! I know I won't be buying the new toys based on the new cartoon, but I will be buying the Thundercats Classics toys!!!
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

Booo..I thought the sword would extend as the famous ho catch phrase was heard... Unless mine is broken ;o)

still neat though
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Ahh, you caught me

What sucks is that there're still no figs on store shelves, let alone a space and the show is going to air soon =/
    Yes I agree Ive not seen anymore TC merch anywhere in stores
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

I received mine today....LOVE IT!!!! i am SOOOOOO glad I sprang for the SDCC version as the stand and chromed sword are AMAZING!!!!

I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

That looks awesome!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

The accessories are awesome looking! But the regular figure itself is far superior to me, and I couldn't justify spending $40 on some accessories.

BTW, that's a cool watch you're wearing. What brand is it?
    Fossil! Its a old watch I had re-banded with a newer Fossil strap. They have TONS of bands, from classy to downright rocker. Thanks!

Btw I have NO idea how to embed my video, anyone wanna re-post it? Im not as tech savy as I look
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Btw I have NO idea how to embed my video, anyone wanna re-post it? Im not as tech savy as I look
    If you pm me the link I can embed it (if someone else does not do it first)

I just got my SDCC Lion-O and he is pretty bad ass. Compared to the MOTUC it does not compare quality wise or nostalgia wise (I want my Thundercats to be thick like LJN) but seriously once he is on the shelf with his sword stand it really does justify the $40 cost for me.

Well done Bandai, well done
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

How come everyone is getting their TRU shipments already and I gotta wait till Saturday until mine arrives

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar

Yes, it does suck, but all I can say is keep looking. They should show up eventually and, honestly, I'm glad Mattel is NOT making these figures. If Mattel were, you could expect the Thundercats to be online only. This totally sucks when it comes to the Voltron figures being online only. STUPID!

Thundercats are coming to stores, just not going to be available to us who DON'T shop online in time for the premiere of the new show.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I believe my Lion-O comes tomorrow.

I just got my new 4 inch Lion-O today (yes my grandmother bought it for me, and yes im 28.... but its nice when history gets to repeat itself in ways), but I couldnt be happier with it! Ive read alot of complaints about sculpts and parts etc... problem is people are COMPARING them to MOTUC. Thundercats isnt He-Man. Not even in the 80's, so people shouldnt expect that at all!

I'll break it down...

The new line is about having fun!! Their magnets that activate gimmicks. This IS a kids line. Lots of people on boards are like TIS LEIN IS DEAD! Do I think the 6 inch line will continue? No. Do I have faith in ThunderCats Classics? Nope. Not at all. Do I believe in the 4 inch line. YESSUM!

Either way, Im having a BLAST with this figure! Its a tad small, but at least I'll have room for the whole set! Plus the fact that he sticks to my fridge is hysterical!

Bandai did this formula with Power Rangers and Ben 10 multiple times. Your core set gets playsets, and continues for minimum 2-3 waves. The bigger figures dont sell as well due to price point or intrest and die out. I can see the Classics getting 1 more wave with either Mumm-Ra and Cheetara or Mumm-Ra and Panthro. The 6 inch, I predict will be a slim pickins deal. Thats usually the formula.

Im gunna call it right now... Wave 2 for the basic will be Jaga, SSSLithe, 1 mutant and possibly Claudis as a rare chaser.

I have really good insight (beyond sight! HAW! Im funny!) that this line will show up in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Lord Anubis; July 29, 2011 at 03:20am.

Does anyone know if the new cartoon will be available on itunes?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    I am wondering that myself, Clone Wars is on iTunes as was Brave and the Bold

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    Trying to get an answer for you!

Check out the video with the cast of the ThunderCats! Will Friedle looks good! Glad to see him finally talk about the series!