Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    i don't know this looks nothing like the 4hm work to me, looking at all their prototypes from their own lines to motuc the lines and paint apps don't look nearly as sharp as the horsemen have consistently shown, either you tcats fans have wishful thinking clouding your vision, or me as a non tcat fan is suffering from the same affliction.
    I understand what you mean about the paint apps. Those need some work and aren't as nice as the usual 4HM prototypes. Where I see the 4HM resemblance is in the sculpt. The musculature, particularly the arm, looks very 4HM to me.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    I understand what you mean about the paint apps. Those need some work and aren't as nice as the usual 4HM prototypes. Where I see the 4HM resemblance is in the sculpt. The musculature, particularly the arm, looks very 4HM to me.
    I can't really describe why, but the eye paint needs work...just something about it looks like a kid might have applied it....Dunno why
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I’ll reserve full judgment until I see a full body shot. Regardless, I don’t really like what I’m seeing at the moment. It looks very plain and boring. There doesn’t seem to be any texture at all. I don’t get a feeling of the Four Horsemen at all when I look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    As far as I know it is not the 4H, there is an interview where the people behind these say they are "inspired" by the 4H designs for action figures but anyone familiar with the 4H work on McFarlane, MOTU and their own private toy lines should know this is not them.

They have trademark tells in their work, this does not really show that (one of them being an extreme emphasis on detail work).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    It looks very plain and boring. There doesn’t seem to be any texture at all. I don’t get a feeling of the Four Horsemen at all when I look at that.
    Neither do I. These really put the 'static' in 'staction'.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I'm just happy my son will get to grow up with new Thundercats. Now, let's see a new MOTUC series or direct-to-DVD movies. This is important, Mattel!

Interesting.....

People, this is interesting, if a little jarring and probably wrong. Read the last paragraph. I must say, these guys have been proven right in the past, but wrong also.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=18898

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    People, this is interesting, if a little jarring and probably wrong. Read the last paragraph. I must say, these guys have been proven right in the past, but wrong also.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=18898
    It's already been established on numerous sites last week, including these forums that those are promo posters for the new TCats cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    It's already been established on numerous sites last week, including these forums that those are promo posters for the new TCats cartoon.
    I know. As I said, read the bottom paragraph. It makes it quite clear that those posters are for the new cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    Quick update from what I have read, there will be a Lion-O SDCC exclusive.

Ok. Here is what we already know:
    -Icon Heroes are doing 6 inch scale staction figures. The first three will be Lion-O, Jackal Man and Jaga. A Lion-O ?(not sure if it''s the same as the regular staction) will be a SDCC exclusive. They also intend to do dioramas and vehicles
    -WB and Cartoon network are doing a new ThunderCats cartoon in 2011.
    -Bandai will be doing toys for the cartoon as well as toys inspired by the more classic Thundercats style.

Ok. Here is what we already know:
    -Icon Heroes are doing 6 inch scale staction figures. The first three will be Lion-O, Jackal Man and Jaga. A Lion-O ?(not sure if it''s the same as the regular staction) will be a SDCC exclusive. They also intend to do dioramas and vehicles
    -WB and Cartoon network are doing a new ThunderCats cartoon in 2011.
    -Bandai will be doing toys for the cartoon as well as toys inspired by the more classic Thundercats style.
    Where is all this new info coming from? I miss a convention or something?
    Interesting the Staction figures are more or less in scale with the action figures. Maybe WB isn't as confident in bandai either, .
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Where is all this new info coming from? I miss a convention or something?
    Interesting the Staction figures are more or less in scale with the action figures. Maybe WB isn't as confident in bandai either, .
    The info is from the 2 or 3 threads in this section of the boards from the past week. It just seems like this is becoming the main thread for all of the new ThunderCats news, so I wanted to summarize everything from all of the threads.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar

Serious??? So it might be possible for me to pick up a classic style Lion-O WITHOUT shelling out $ 45.95 ?? Good news since I missed out on the LJN (??) figures back in the day. 2011 sounds like the year I start collecting action figures again.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Staction looks pretty good, though I wanna see it in person before deciding....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    The SDCC exclusive (the staction shown above) will be limited to 500 pieces and will be different from the Lion-O that will be released in August.

Its not bad - just a little...dull.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I think it definitely feels like the cartoon. The colors are definitely muted, just like the cartoon was.

What a crappy picture, it will look better in person just look at how awkward the sword looks in this photo.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I am pleased to see that the legs are in that slightly bent 200X Staction-style pose.

looks like one of the plaster models that you paint yourself kind of things.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    If only MOTUC looked that good. I'm more of a casual Thundercats fan, but I'll definitely be checking these out.

Meh. This doesn't get me very excited. Boring stance that doesn't feel like an action figure or even a staction, just a statue. Can't replace the Sword of Omens and put the larger one in into his hand either by the looks of it. Honestly, they could have had me, but I wouldn't put down money for this.

I agree, it's just not interesting or dynamic and would have been a bit better if they sculpted the sword of omens in its bigger form ready for battle rather than its small one. I too think I will give this line a miss unless they make some major changes...but I just don't see that happening
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

well these are no stactions. it looks fairly boring. I am betting the regular version will have a full length sword.

the colors and sculpt look bland. the glove looks wrong somehow?
    Last edited by King Kahn; June 14, 2010 at 09:47pm.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!