Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2917

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    While I'm digging certain aspects of the show (How creepy was it last week when Mum-ra trapped Jaga in that lantern) this episode is so far probably the weakest.

So....the Cats encounter the flower people looking for a way home, and this experience inspires them to take on the lizards who completely outnumber and outgun them, with no plan or strategy, only fueled by hope? Yikes.

Hopefully this is just a one off story.
    **spoilers for this and harry potter**
    With hope you have to accept the possibility of failure, Emmerich didn't make it. Just like Harry Potter, Voldemort thought the master of death was the one who overcame it, Harry learns from Beetle the Bard that it's the one who accepts death is part of life and in the end becomes the master of it.

Hope has to have chance for failure, or it isn't hope. Hope also has strange ways of working out, the Petal's had to go to the fire to go home. When Lion-o decided to stop running and fight back he sent up the Cat's Eye and Panthro found them. Because Lion-o finally had hope, they find a new ally.
    edit
    the moral of the story there are three responses to failure, fear which leads us to run (Lion-o at the start), pride which leads us to ignore (Claudus), hope which leads us to accept it (Lion-o at the end).
    ------

The story goes further back it borrows from the Biblical Exodus account, Moses lead the people but he never saw the promised land.

The story so far is still very much Lion-o's story much like the original was. This is the heroes journey, this is how he becomes king of the Thundercats. Just because Jaga anointed him doesn't mean he has fully become that man yet.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 13, 2011 at 11:17am.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I enjoyed the episode. They are writing episodes with "lessons" for Lion-O and I have no problem with that.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Another so-so episode for me. I had visions of Whoville from the Grinch Who Stole Christmas in a couple parts. I miss Jackalman. I hope he shows up soon.
    you weren't alone. when we first saw the "whos" singing, i was expecting the grinch to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Post some pics of the lizard canon and figure please. i have not seen any good pics of this yet especially with other figures.
    I'll post more later. (btw, I'm having to use a crappy iPhone camera, so apologies for the low quality)

P.S. This latest episode got me to thinking about the Twiggets in a potential new She-Ra cartoon. heheh

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    P.S. This latest episode got me to thinking about the Twiggets in a potential new She-Ra cartoon.
    They were kind of like a combination of Twiggets, Who's from The Grinch, and something out of The Legend of Zelda.

Not to go too far off subject, but now that Filmation is on the table for MOTUC, I hope that we get some Twiggets and Widgets in the line at some point.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Damn, that was a pretty cool episode.

It is very rare that I wait with baited breath for the next episode of any tv series but I am constantly checking every Friday for Thundercats to be uploaded. I am already jonesing for next week.

I thought the Petelars were going to be boring cutesy characters but as soon as Emmerich came out from the bushes older it really grabbed my interest even though I knew exactly where it was headed.

I will admit, I marked out for the full Thundercats Hooo part

This is the first episode of the new Thundercats that I actually liked 100%. The whole story with Emmerich and Lion-O was very touching. But the best part was that Panthro is Finally back kicking butt. I can't wait to see more.

JD

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    watched 5 minutes of it last night. really looking forward to it.

For those that want him SDCC Lion-O s back in stock!
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11616919
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

I thought the Petelars were going to be boring cutesy characters but as soon as Emmerich came out from the bushes older it really grabbed my interest even though I knew exactly where it was headed.
    Was anyone else thinking, maybe, just maybe, 'Cave of Time' when he popped out as a teen?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Sweet, thanks for the heads up! I decided I really want those weapons for my regular Lion-O.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Was anyone else thinking, maybe, just maybe, 'Cave of Time' when he popped out as a teen?
    Yes! I was thinking, "Don't go in those woods!"

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Umm what kind of strategy would you have when the forest is on fire and there is only one way out? You care to share a plan that did not involve dying in the forest or confronting the lizards?
    THIS.

I'm confused as to why people thought they had a lot of choices. They could have MAYBE found another way out as Cheetara suggested but they weren't navigating the brambles very well before it was engulfed in flames!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    For those that want him SDCC Lion-O s back in stock!
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11616919
    Thank you! I passed on this the first time and regretted it. I know some are unhappy with him, but I'm not going to pass him up again.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

It is very rare that I wait with baited breath for the next episode of any tv series but I am constantly checking every Friday for Thundercats to be uploaded. I am already jonesing for next week.

I will admit, I marked out for the full Thundercats Hooo part
    Totally agree! I've been waiting for each episode and so far I have not been disappointed. I really loved the Petelars in this one, and Emmerich's "journey" was my favorite part. I loved how he said: "...and you never stopped looking for me all this time." Great! A little classic fantasy journey in a few minutes.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Well, I took a trip out to the old home stomping grounds of paramus, llord and taylor Toys R Us. Aside from falling in love with the cutest blonde checkout lady, no luck. All they had was the Deluxe sword, the mini claw sheild, and mini sword. No figures and no Thundertank.

But it didn't go waisted. I picked up a Merman while I was there...just too bad Aquaman had to come with him :o)

Side note, cute blonde lady also wished they had thundercats in stock....wonder if she's single ;o)..
    Geek Media -

I only caught the last 20 minutes of this episode and it's the first I've seen of the series but I liked whta I saw. I set up series record so I won't stupidly miss anymore episodes.

Are the first eps anywhere out there I can go watch?

for a long time since I saw an episode from animated series so emotional and beautiful like this, i love it .
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I only caught the last 20 minutes of this episode and it's the first I've seen of the series but I liked whta I saw. I set up series record so I won't stupidly miss anymore episodes.

Are the first eps anywhere out there I can go watch?
    If you are a satellite/cable subscriber, you can watch the full episodes on Cartoon Network's website: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/full-episodes/index.html

You can also purchase the season/individual episodes on Amazon Instant Video Store and iTunes.

Wow, that was actually pretty heart-wrenching. Who was the voice Emmerich? He sounded very familiar (can't read stupid squish-credits!). I'm impressed they took what could have been annoying Smurfy characters and made me not only like them but sad to see them go! She-Ra needed that so badly with the Twiggets! I didn't think of the Cave of Time right away, but I did wonder if things like that will show up in the series--and if so, how long before they do.

I liked that the Reptilians had individual characters, and we even saw a death! But I'm impatient to see some other mutants too. Monkion, Jackalman, Vultureman, and Rataro need to show up!

And that was a pretty good intro for Panthro and the Thundertank too. I thought we'd have to wait longer to see them both.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I know that the producers have mentioned that the series will be in 13 episode story arcs. So the first 13 episodes probably deals with Lion-O learning life lessons, meeting new friends, and trying to get away from Slithe and his henchmen. The second story arc probably has something to do with them finding the Book of Omens and trying to understand what the actual omens means. If (crosses fingers) a second season is greenlit, it will probably have to do with the 4 stones of power...

That's just my theory, but it should be along those lines.

Heroic Warrior
    I got to TRU today just as they were restocking, and snagged all of the 4" line. Here is the case breakdown:

Lion-O x3
    Mumm-ra x3
    Tygra x2
    Panthro x1
    Cheetara x1
    W. Kit x1
    W. Kat x1

Mumm-ra is already shelf-warming here.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    If you are a satellite/cable subscriber, you can watch the full episodes on Cartoon Network's website: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/full-episodes/index.html

You can also purchase the season/individual episodes on Amazon Instant Video Store and iTunes.
    Thanks. I tried it but it just sits there saying "loading" forever. I'll try and find them somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Thanks. I tried it but it just sits there saying "loading" forever. I'll try and find them somewhere else.

gotta love the reliability of legal viewing.. and companies wonder why we go to youtube
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    gotta love the reliability of legal viewing.. and companies wonder why we go to youtube
    I am not above mentioning that I download the torrents to watch this show. I was originally just watching it in regular definition then I happened to find it in HD and it looks so much better. It will be in HD for me from here on out.

If anyone is willing, can they please grab me an SDCC Lion-O from TRU. I can't get them. Please don't go out of your way to get them for me, I just thought I would ask