Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2910

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I'm still confused at them NOT knowing panthro and the comments they made, when they (lion-o and Tygra ) were training as kids RIGHT IN FROM of the brotha!!

anyway good episode and once again looks like panthro is my fave. are they coming with a classics figure? I don't like the sculpts of the new line and I'm thinking of getting a classics panthro.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I understand initially, with thinking he was dead and him being the shadows. But it seemed like they were still kind of confused after that.
    I am going to agree with wyldman. Panthro was prob just in shadows and they couldn't tell it was him PLUS they already thought he was dead.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I hit up four Walmarts and two Toys R Us's today and dear God did I get frustrated.

Both Toys R Us's had one Slythe in, so I was finally able to get him. Still no Cheetara, Kit/Kat, or Panthro anywhere in sight. Both had Classic's Lion-O and Tygra, which surprises me just cuz I thought these were gonna be the big items to get from the line. The mini power sword and gloves are pretty much gone while the deluxe sword is in abundance everywhere. The Tank and Tower seem to be a non winner as they're everywhere now...

Only one (ONE!) Walmart in a 20 mile radius had a Thundercats section and it was picked dry. It had the 6" figures in stock, so I was able to see the suckage of Panthro, MummRa, and Lion-O in person finally. But the same peg warmers were here like everywhere else - MummRa, Lion-O, Tygra...

I swear I haven't been this frustrated with collecting a figure line since the original MMPR line and those dam Dragonzords =/

(pic of the war torn Walmart shelf)

LUCKY. I go all over and each place has two 6 inch Lion-Os sitting there and NOTHING ELSE. I would LOVE to find a 6 inch Mumm-Ra sitting there for me!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Classic? $16.97

Even though I'd like one, I highly doubt my local stores will have him. I really suspect that a ton of 'scalpers' live in my area, buy up all of the stock of the figures I want and then sell them online for more money than they bought them for.

Or, my stores never get them. Both are pretty much true.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I hit up four Walmarts and two Toys R Us's today and dear God did I get frustrated.

Both Toys R Us's had one Slythe in, so I was finally able to get him. Still no Cheetara, Kit/Kat, or Panthro anywhere in sight. Both had Classic's Lion-O and Tygra, which surprises me just cuz I thought these were gonna be the big items to get from the line. The mini power sword and gloves are pretty much gone while the deluxe sword is in abundance everywhere. The Tank and Tower seem to be a non winner as they're everywhere now...

Only one (ONE!) Walmart in a 20 mile radius had a Thundercats section and it was picked dry. It had the 6" figures in stock, so I was able to see the suckage of Panthro, MummRa, and Lion-O in person finally. But the same peg warmers were here like everywhere else - MummRa, Lion-O, Tygra...

I swear I haven't been this frustrated with collecting a figure line since the original MMPR line and those dam Dragonzords =/

(pic of the war torn Walmart shelf)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...821_174302.jpg
    I didn't even know that Slythe was out!

I'll have to keep an eye out for him. Just to clarify, when you say that you saw Slythe, you aren't referring to that Deluxe reptile creature with the cannon thing, are you? Because that's just a generic reptilian warrior. It's not actually Slythe.

My local Wal-Mart got some stock in. When I was there on Saturday, they still had at least 1 of each of the 4 inch figures (not including Slythe), in the case of Lion-O, Tygra, and Mumm-Ra, I think they had 2 or 3 of each, maybe even 4 in Lion-O's case. They 6" figures were completely sold out. I was considering possibly getting a Mumm-Ra for the scale issue. They had 1 of each of the Classic figures when I was there. I didn't see any tanks or towers (not sure if they got them in stock or not).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I didn't even know that Slythe was out!

I'll have to keep an eye out for him. Just to clarify, when you say that you saw Slythe, you aren't referring to that Deluxe reptile creature with the cannon thing, are you? Because that's just a generic reptilian warrior. It's not actually Slythe.

My local Wal-Mart got some stock in. When I was there on Saturday, they still had at least 1 of each of the 4 inch figures (not including Slythe), in the case of Lion-O, Tygra, and Mumm-Ra, I think they had 2 or 3 of each, maybe even 4 in Lion-O's case. They 6" figures were completely sold out. I was considering possibly getting a Mumm-Ra for the scale issue. They had 1 of each of the Classic figures when I was there. I didn't see any tanks or towers (not sure if they got them in stock or not).
    Yea, I thought it was Slythe, but it just says "Lizard Cannon" It kinda looks like him though

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Yea, I thought it was Slythe, but it just says "Lizard Cannon" It kinda looks like him though
    Nope that is not Slythe, that is just a Lizard Army Builder. Slythe is going to be much fatter and bigger I think just based on the animated version).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    er...couldn't a lower class cat just clip his tail?
    i think something like that would be dangerous to do without the proper medical knowledge. i certainly would risk cutting off an appendage just look like i'm high class.

OK that is it I might have to use my TRU Rewards certificates to buy another Thundertank and repaint it. Seriously this is MUCH better than the Blue toy we got...come on Bandai!!

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i think something like that would be dangerous to do without the proper medical knowledge. i certainly would risk cutting off an appendage just look like i'm high class.
    you're right. no one ever has a doctor perform risky surgeries so they can fit in.

You just give the, it's a difficult procedure bit. Some nerve cluster is also in the tail. Then have the ones who do this be rare and of the higher class elitist jerkfaces and yeah.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

This thread needs splitting into cartoon and toy talk. It's way too muddled to follow

You think so? I haven't had a problem. I kind of like having everything in one place... partly because they sort of feed off of eachother, like my next comment...

Anyway, I had to go to TRU today (looking for Black Canary and Vandal Savage from the YJ line) and no Tower of Omens there. Had to cash a money order at Wal-Mart and it wasn't there either. So none are around here for me to even think about buying. I suppose I'll see what it looks like in the show and then decide whether I want to buy one and spruce it up or if it's not worth it.

At this rate, I wonder how soon it'll be before we even see in in the show though.
    Last edited by JonWes; August 22, 2011 at 02:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    At this rate, I wonder how soon it'll be before we even see in in the show though.
    in 4 days

"Journey to the Tower of Omens" August 26th

I picked the Tower up for another orger, I still maintain my stance unless someone like Pixel Dan or another toy reviewer can make it appear cool its still too high for my price range.

I will gladly buy it on clearance as a diorama piece for $10-15 but not $40

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Have these been popping up at Targets by anyone?
    No luck here in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    No luck here in Chicago.
    Nope, and from what I heard a week or so ago it won't till at least mid Sept-Oct

Walmart bumped their orders up and moved them from Warehouses when the show launched.

Kmart has all their stock, most stores are keeping it in the back

Toys R Us is routinely getting new stock but at of course it costs more than the other 2 stores

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    No luck here in Chicago.
    I didn't buy any of them, but everything was stocked at the Schaumburg ToysRus the Friday of Wizard World.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 6, 2011 at 02:14am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I hate to play backseat toy designer, but here's what I've liked to have seen in the Tower of Omens playset. Until we see it in the show, it's hard to say what Bandai had to work with design-wise but my main beef with the playset is it's shrimpiness and it's lack of play features. Of course, in the real world toy designers have to deal with rising materials and labor costs, the fact that retail doesn't have much interest in stocking huge items and the relative failure of the majority of playsets these days. I have no such constraints.

So, made it a bit larger overall and added:

• Collapsing Columns

• A larger, taller, central tower with a control room so the elevator actually has somewhere to go.

• More substantial base pieces.

• A connecting track. You could either connect the two pieces together (as shown) or connect a launcher in as well so that you could launch the included vehicle out the doors.

We could keep the light-up signal at the top... and the slide feature if desired. Then on top of that I'd hope for a paint job that had more texture and weathering. We haven't seen the tower yet (cool that it's happening soon!) but based on the aesthetic of the show and the way the tower looks, it's hard to believe it's not more weathered looking on the show.

Yeah my real issue with it is that its not a base, they would not have had to do much to it to make it similar to the 200x MOTU Battle Station

Your ideas along with maybe one of 2 pieces of plastic connecting the head/wall to the tower would have sold me on its purpose.

Maybe the cartoon will change my mind but right now it just seems like its pieces from what would be a bigger playset.

I guess the 80's and 90's spoiled me for playsets

Preview clips from Episode 6 "Journey To The Tower Of Omens"!

The Cats must pass a series of obstacles in order to finally get the Book of Omens, but Mumm-Ra is hot on their trail. Lion-O must stop him from getting the book first, for the book will lead whoever finds it to the Stones of Power.

Mumm-Ra Mobile?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Teaser Images for the episode can be seen here:

http://www.thundercatslair.org/2011/...ower-of-omens/

The only time Mumm-Ra should be seen driving a car is on Robot Chicken.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Mumm-Ra Mobile?
    Maybe it will be called the 'Mu-Tank'?

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am going to agree with wyldman. Panthro was prob just in shadows and they couldn't tell it was him PLUS they already thought he was dead.
    but in the latest episode Lion-O says "I thought he'd be smaller" "I thought he'd be nicer" yet in the flashback they CLEARLY know him! with the shadows part in the previous episode I'm fine with that explanation, but this part for me is a bit strange.

Mumm-ra driving is a bit strange! they should have his left turn signal on the whole way
    Last edited by krosfyah; August 22, 2011 at 08:52pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure