Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2910

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, so much for the theory of that head-beard that Mumm-Ra was trapped in just being a temporary prison and not an official ongoing part of his tomb. Now he has a frigging portable version of it.

I'm really not digging this incarnation of Mumm-Ra very much so far. About the only positive things about him so far seems to be that his look in both his mummy and post-transformation forms are rather close to his original looks. But his voice doesn't sound right, his pyramid sucks (IMO), he can travel about in mummy form with no problems or apparent limitations, and from what I gather he doesn't even need to be in his pyramid to transform (even though we haven't seen it yet, he was about to transform at the end of the 2-part premiere and was interupted, and he wasn't in his pyramid). And he's driving around in a crappy looking vehicle. No no, nothing about this adds up at all!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; August 22, 2011 at 09:40pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That key scene totally reminds me of Harry Potter with the flying keys and Goonies with the keys on the piano and the floor collapses when the wrong keys are played.

That Mumm-Ra vehicle is weird. They seriously gave him an evil version of the Thundertank? Sounds like just trying to sell more toys...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    from what I gather he doesn't even need to be in his pyramid to transform (even though we haven't seen it yet, he was about to transform at the end of the 2-part premiere and was interupted, and he wasn't in his pyramid)
    He didn't have to be in the Pyramid in the original series in order to transform. An example of this that comes to mind is 'Fond Memories' (episode 65)

I agree the Mumm-Ra-Tank is a bit odd, but I guess Mumm-Ra has come into the 21st century. If we can access the internet on the go, then Mumm-Ra can rejuvenate his powers on the go as well in his mobile sarcophagus!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That key scene totally reminds me of Harry Potter with the flying keys and Goonies with the keys on the piano and the floor collapses when the wrong keys are played.

That Mumm-Ra vehicle is weird. They seriously gave him an evil version of the Thundertank? Sounds like just trying to sell more toys...
    I would rather buy the mummra tank then the tower of omens
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    The only time Mumm-Ra should be seen driving a car is on Robot Chicken.
    I almost complained about it, but then I remembered that I hope Mumm-Ra's dog shows up in this show. It's goofy, but if it gets kids into this show I'm fine with it.

Am I the only one surprised that it's taken this long to see Mumm-Ra transform at least once? I was never as big a Mumm-Ra fan as I was other 80's villains like Skeletor, Hordak, Cobra Commander, or Destro, but I'm dying to see Mumm-Ra power up.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    He didn't have to be in the Pyramid in the original series in order to transform. An example of this that comes to mind is 'Fond Memories' (episode 65)
    Hmmm.... to the DVD sets! Dynamo away!!!

I enjoyed the teasers. But the one thing that is starting to grate on my nerves is the use of 'whiskers' as an exclamation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I enjoyed the teasers. But the one thing that is starting to grate on my nerves is the use of 'whiskers' as an exclamation.
    I may sound stupid, but the first time he said it, I thought that was the name of the street thug he was fighting. Now Whiskers seems to be Thundercat for "we'll be back right after these messages".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I may sound stupid, but the first time he said it, I thought that was the name of the street thug he was fighting. Now Whiskers seems to be Thundercat for "we'll be back right after these messages".
    Ha, then paint us both as stupid because I thought the same thing.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Maybe I'll help out blackiecats and bold out whether I'm talking about the toys or the toon at the top

TOYS

I did another TRU/KMart/Walmart run and there wasn't much. This TRU (we'll call it "north") had the same three 4"/tank/4" vehicles in stock, but they at least sold out of the Tower. The mini sword and glove were there as well as one of each of the 6" figures; No Classics and no Deluxe swords were on the shelves.

KMart has absolutely nothing, not even a space for them.

Walmart had a pretty big section spaced out and it was completely empty. I started to think "maybe they just made the space and are waiting to put the figures out", but then I saw the Tower in a go back cart in the next aisle =/

I'm really worried that when Bandai catches up to fan demand they might over produce this first wave and they'll eventually rot on the shelves because there really wasn't that big of a market for these figures other than what scalpers and collectors have created. Having the stores release their stock at different times, in such a sporadic matter, isn't gonna help with this problem at all in the end.

I am curious about that also, I am hearing people say they have gone through stock quickly but how much has been bought by non-scalper types and collectors.

With my recent collection of smurfs I kind of experienced similar, but I know kids were buying them also. It just seems like ebayer were snatching up certain ones they knew were going to be popular making the problem even worse.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Are the toys even being sold that much on eBay? That is the thing, normally when scalper toys hit you see a huge influx of them on eBay and Craiglist.

I have seen next to nothing in that way, there are more Monster High sales by scalpers than Thundercats.

Its hard to tell since they are so sporadic in their stocking, but that is retailers fault so they only have themselves to blame if they ask for more product from Bandai and then are stuck with it.

The good thing about Bandai is they have several case configurations and in the past have tended to reorganize after a certain amount has shipped. In lamence terms we might get more of the 1st wave but Bandai could switch it up with more Cheetara's and Panthros instead of Lion-O's and Mumm-Ra dominating. Hasbro does a similar method with their Star Wars lines.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Hmmm.... to the DVD sets! Dynamo away!!!
    Actually he also transformed from Pumm-Ra to his Everliving form in the Pumm-Ra episode too. Oh and he definately transformed from the decayed form to Everliving in The Doomgaze

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The good thing about Bandai is they have several case configurations and in the past have tended to reorganize after a certain amount has shipped. In lamence terms we might get more of the 1st wave but Bandai could switch it up with more Cheetara's and Panthros instead of Lion-O's and Mumm-Ra dominating. Hasbro does a similar method with their Star Wars lines.
    Hopefully they do take that action as the stories I'm hearing is that Mumm-Ra (Decayed form) is the peg warmer. The 4" Cheetara (as predicted) seems to be Scalp-Or's wet dream
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 23, 2011 at 01:10am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Scalpers are asses!

Yeah, it seems this incarnation of Mumm-Ra just might be from beyond the stars. His pyramid definitely gave off the vibe that it was a crashed starship.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I almost complained about it, but then I remembered that I hope Mumm-Ra's dog shows up in this show. It's goofy, but if it gets kids into this show I'm fine with it.
    I hope Ma-Mutt shows up, too. Speaking of dogs, Is Mumm-Ra supposed to be a dog, or is that just a fan theory?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well, so much for the theory of that head-beard that Mumm-Ra was trapped in just being a temporary prison and not an official ongoing part of his tomb. Now he has a frigging portable version of it.

I'm really not digging this incarnation of Mumm-Ra very much so far. About the only positive things about him so far seems to be that his look in both his mummy and post-transformation forms are rather close to his original looks. But his voice doesn't sound right, his pyramid sucks (IMO), he can travel about in mummy form with no problems or apparent limitations, and from what I gather he doesn't even need to be in his pyramid to transform (even though we haven't seen it yet, he was about to transform at the end of the 2-part premiere and was interupted, and he wasn't in his pyramid). And he's driving around in a crappy looking vehicle. No no, nothing about this adds up at all!
    I'm the exact opposite. I am loving this Mumm-Ra because he is terrifying, something the original lacked. His voice is perfect to me and his pyramid is fine. So the Obelisks are diagnol, I bet there is a reason for it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm the exact opposite. I am loving this Mumm-Ra because he is terrifying, something the original lacked. His voice is perfect to me and his pyramid is fine. So the Obelisks are diagnol, I bet there is a reason for it.
    I have more of a problem with the inside of the pyramid than the outside.

As for his voice, in the original show, he has more of a creepy demon sounding voice. He sounded more like something supernatural and not just an ordinary human. In this version he just has a kind of mean, generic villain sounding deep voice that could have easily been used with almost any other human-based generic villain. I find this Mumm-Ra to be less terrifying largely because of his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    you're right. no one ever has a doctor perform risky surgeries so they can fit in.
    i'm not saying it doesn't happen, but more often than not a poor person wouldn't be able to afford a cosmetic procedure. and if the procedure is something like removing an arm, i only see it as being less likely. in the show, i just imagine the low class cats' only options would be to live with the tail or try to remove it without a doctor. i can't imagine the latter option working very well.

I have more of a problem with the inside of the pyramid than the outside.

As for his voice, in the original show, he has more of a creepy demon sounding voice. He sounded more like something supernatural and not just an ordinary human. In this version he just has a kind of mean, generic villain sounding deep voice that could have easily been used with almost any other human-based generic villain. I find this Mumm-Ra to be less terrifying largely because of his voice.
    I am still going to refrain from judging Mumm-Ra until he is revealed and we get more screen time with him.

The 80's Mumm-Ra was wild, flew off the handle and was over the top. This incarnation seems more calculating and calm which to me appears as more dangerous.

I miss the old voice but at the same time in watching the old show it borders on comedic, I mean I laugh trying to imitate it and all I can think of is the bloopers reel since that is how over the top it is.

As for the inside of his temple, same as I said above. I am interested to see if he is still a slave to the Ancient Powers of Evil and we just don't know it yet because the Thundercats have not realized their destiny. Maybe with the Tower of Omens, the Stones of Power, and Lion-O becoming the greatest king we will see them appear. We saw one of the statues I thought up in the ceiling so maybe the temple is very similar but we just did not see all of it

I also miss Ma-Mutt

I actually thought it was a insulting nickname for an older thunderian

I'm really not digging this incarnation of Mumm-Ra very much so far.
    Yeah, I agree. This is one aspect of the mythos that I wish wasn't touched at all.... The original pyramid was so cool and freaky looking... As someone else suggested, this looks like something more out of StarGate. It just seems like the creators where fans of the series to a point, but then brought in things from other series that they where fans of, and incorporated it into their version of Thundercats. The music is a prime example, with tunes reminding us of Star Trek and Star Wars. Not ONE theme has stood out at all, compared to dozens by this point in the original series.

I know this has been answered, but he doesn't need to be in his pyramid to transform. It's been shown the power follows him wherever he goes, and even the demon statues themselves, which seem to be missing in this version, can follow him wherever he goes...if only in spirit form.
    Last edited by Shredder; August 23, 2011 at 10:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I miss the old voice but at the same time in watching the old show it borders on comedic, I mean I laugh trying to imitate it and all I can think of is the bloopers reel since that is how over the top it is.
    Seriously? Granted, I haven't seen the whole series...I'm almost done the second box set...but when I watched the first couple episodes I thought "Holy ****, this was a cartoon for children? Mumm-Ra's kind of scary ME!"

Also, the first few episodes were very deep in meaning and sad. To be honest, I think I preferred that to the new take. The scale was grander (universe, instead of one place) and the story was a bit more epic. Instead of JUST a kingdom being destroyed, it was an entire planet. Lion-O went from a small child, to a full-on adult...but still had the mind of a child and had to learn how to BE a man. That was very interesting to me. They're kind of trying for the same thing in the new one (Prince has to become King), which is good...but it's not as unique and exciting to me as the original premise.

I'm not knocking the show at all though. I'm enjoying it a lot. I just don't see the 80's one as very comedic. It has it's intentional moments, but I mean...man...even the Berbils are pretty depressing. In that one episode when their food keeps getting stolen they were like "Oh well, we might starve" and then Lion-O stops their food from being stolen and the Berbils felt bad because the ones stealing the food would starve. Viscous place, that Third Earth is.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm not knocking the show at all though. I'm enjoying it a lot. I just don't see the 80's one as very comedic. It has it's intentional moments, but I mean...man...even the Berbils are pretty depressing. In that one episode when their food keeps getting stolen they were like "Oh well, we might starve" and then Lion-O stops their food from being stolen and the Berbils felt bad because the ones stealing the food would starve. Viscous place, that Third Earth is.
    You are taking what I said completely out of context (or I did not post right)

I said Mumm-Ra's voice work was comedic and over the top, not the show itself

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Hopefully they do take that action as the stories I'm hearing is that Mumm-Ra (Decayed form) is the peg warmer. The 4" Cheetara (as predicted) seems to be Scalp-Or's wet dream
    That doesn't surprise me at all. From what I've seen of the case ratios so far, there was only 1 Cheetara, 1 Wily Kit, and 1 Wily Kat per case. I believe Panthro and Tygra were 2 per case, adn then Lion-O and Mumm-Ra were 3or 4 per case!

I hope wave two doesn't have Spin Blade Mumm-Ra and Smash Blade Lion-O!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Big bad toy store has the case breakdowns I do not remember them exactly but case a had twelve figures I think it was one kit one kat one tygra two panthros three mumras and four lion-OS. Case b had the same but tygra was replaced by one chetara. Case c had even four on mummra and lion-o kit and kat were one each and cheetra was bumped too two a case. That's just from memory but a quick look bbts would confirm what stores are getting as there are three different case packs so far for the four inchers.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

You are taking what I said completely out of context (or I did not post right)

I said Mumm-Ra's voice work was comedic and over the top, not the show itself
    OHHHH! Still, his voice also creeps the bejesus out of me. The new one kind of leaves me cold. Instead of Mumm-Ra, he reminds me more of Mummies Alive!