Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2910

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    OHHHH! Still, his voice also creeps the bejesus out of me. The new one kind of leaves me cold. Instead of Mumm-Ra, he reminds me more of Mummies Alive!

Yeah the cold nature of it is what makes him seem more cunning I guess

It appears we are getting to the Mumm-Ra part of the story so maybe he will surprise some people when he actually gets to star in an episode lol

I saw this posted on the Thundercats Crew Blog, figured it might interest people

Q:Ok, this must be asked. Panthro: Why the mutton chops? Was it just to make him look older? Cause I admit he does look much younger without him on the flashback. Or did you just want to do something different with him

A: Okay… Panthro, you really wanna know?

The point to Panthro’s looks was to step away from the pretty cookie cutter hero type. I wanted to convey a bad ass with faults. It’s easy to be a clean cut, good looking guy hero. This Panthro is imperfect, weathered, scared, broken. I like the fact Hulk Hogan has a receding hair line, does that make him weak? Like Hogan, his charm wins over his imperfections. Besides if you look, Panthro’s hair is reminiscent of a Samurai’s cut. This infers a sense of tradition and harbors strong personal values like honor, loyalty, and duty.

Traditionally, in Japanese film you may see hero’s with a toothpick in their mouth, this isn’t just to clean teeth. Often samurai would put it in their mouth to signify they we’re full so people wouldn’t offer food to them. Even if starving, they nobly did this so others who were suffering would eat. This is a round about way to say the haircut was part of that thinking.

Besides, Panthro was steeped in martial arts more than the others in the old version. So, the haircut is very samurai inspired to carry on the Asian influence.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    Big bad toy store has the case breakdowns I do not remember them exactly but case a had twelve figures I think it was one kit one kat one tygra two panthros three mumras and four lion-OS. Case b had the same but tygra was replaced by one chetara. Case c had even four on mummra and lion-o kit and kat were one each and cheetra was bumped too two a case. That's just from memory but a quick look bbts would confirm what stores are getting as there are three different case packs so far for the four inchers.
    Yeesh! So it looks like Case B might be the case we got in at the store, then.

I know it's early, but I'm already a little worried about the flooding of Lion-O and Mumm-ra...

I know, I know...this is the kids line! But still...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    That doesn't surprise me at all. From what I've seen of the case ratios so far, there was only 1 Cheetara, 1 Wily Kit, and 1 Wily Kat per case. I believe Panthro and Tygra were 2 per case, adn then Lion-O and Mumm-Ra were 3or 4 per case!
    Yep there are an A, B and C case assortment for the 4" figures. Here's the break down:

A:

3x Lion-O
    2x Tygra
    1x Panthro
    1x Cheetara
    1x Wily-Kit
    1x Wily-Kat
    3x Mumm-Ra (Mummy)

B:

4x Lion-O
    2x Tygra
    1x Panthro
    1x Cheetara
    1x Wily-Kit
    1x Wily-Kat
    2x Mumm-Ra (Mummy)

C:

3x Lion-O
    2x Tygra
    1x Panthro
    2x Cheetara
    1x Wily-Kit
    1x Wily-Kat
    2x Mumm-Ra (Mummy)

I guess case 'C' makes the most sense. The other two, are ridiculous really and the reason for the abundance of Mumm-Ra and Lion-O's sitting on pegs.

The ideal case for me would have been:

2x Lion-O
    2x Tygra
    1x Panthro
    1x Cheetara
    2x Wily Kit
    2x Wily Kat
    2x Mumm-Ra (Decayed form)

I think the Wily kids would be popular with kids who are getting into the cartoon, so 2 per case would be better for those. Lion-O and Tygra are the 2 leads in the pilot and most kids will want the main villian, so he'd need to have the same number as Lion-O. Panthro and Cheetara are still short packed, but I'd reverse this with the Wily kids in another case (1 of each Wily twin and 2 of Panthro/Cheetara)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I hope wave two doesn't have Spin Blade Mumm-Ra and Smash Blade Lion-O!
    Shhh! Don't give them any ideas!!

A poster on thundercatslair.org posted pics of the Tower of Omens here:
    http://www.thundercatslair.org/forum...ed=1#post51146

(not sure if you have to sign up there to see the post or not.)

I'm bummed the paint job is actually WORSE with LESS detail than the one they showed at Toy Fair. The details on the Cat's Lair vehicle are gone, and any hint of wash detail on the cat head is gone. That stinks.

That being said... I actually think it's pretty cool for a diorama piece for the T-Cats. I might buy one and then paint it up - add the detail to the vehicle, maybe weather the Cat's head and the tower... paint the ivy...

I think with a little love it'll actually be pretty cool. It's nice and big all assembled.

I'm not going to buy it and it pales in comparison to practically every playset we had as kids, but it's a little cooler than I thought it would be.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 23, 2011 at 06:00pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    (not sure if you have to sign up there to see the post or not.)
    Nah folks can view the forums without signing up, though we'd love to see our He-man.org friends over there (shameless plug!)

I am wondering if we will get as massive of a Cats Lair as the last release. Would be cool but I doubt it.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Nah folks can view the forums without signing up, though we'd love to see our He-man.org friends over there (shameless plug!)
    I really need to post there more. I signed up awhile back(Panthro's Pal) at a friend's behest, but it was before the new toon started. I've just gotten used to He-Man.org being the only forum I frequent. You guys were around long before the 2 newer Thundercats fansites who have "jumped on the bandwagon" and deserve the support.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The lack of paint is really starting to annoy me with Bandai, the details are sculpted but you never see them. It this way with the figures, and the vehicles

Did not know my action figures would need model work like my Warhammer miniatures
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The lack of paint is really starting to annoy me with Bandai, the details are sculpted but you never see them. It this way with the figures, and the vehicles

Did not know my action figures would need model work like my Warhammer miniatures
    Yeah, I always found that odd. I mean, Bandai really does make some nice, sturdy, playable figures! Yet, for some reason, they cut back on paint apps (my 4" Lord Zed's back is completely unpainted) and the weapons are usually unpainted as well. They're usually kinda bendy as well, but sadly they decided to go with silly puddy for the weapons on the T-Cats figures...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Yeah, I always found that odd. I mean, Bandai really does make some nice, sturdy, playable figures! Yet, for some reason, they cut back on paint apps (my 4" Lord Zed's back is completely unpainted) and the weapons are usually unpainted as well. They're usually kinda bendy as well, but sadly they decided to go with silly puddy for the weapons on the T-Cats figures...
    The 6 inch Lord Zedd is like that too.

About the playset...I wish it had more paint apps, but I LIKE it! I think it looks like a tree. Kind of reminds me of the Ewok village from the vintage Star Wars line. I always wanted that playset!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah the cold nature of it is what makes him seem more cunning I guess

It appears we are getting to the Mumm-Ra part of the story so maybe he will surprise some people when he actually gets to star in an episode lol

I saw this posted on the Thundercats Crew Blog, figured it might interest people
    still doesn't explain the mutton chops those are/were a british fad at first weren't they? I like the explanation for the scars and the ponytail type thing, still wondering how the mutton chops show honour
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The 6 inch Lord Zedd is like that too.

About the playset...I wish it had more paint apps, but I LIKE it! I think it looks like a tree. Kind of reminds me of the Ewok village from the vintage Star Wars line. I always wanted that playset!
    Yeah I love the details, but just like the Thundertank they are unpainted and so it does not pop.

I get its a cost cutting measure but man imagine how awesome this thing would look if accurately painted. Now I bet it looks awesome in the show

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I really need to post there more. I signed up awhile back(Panthro's Pal) at a friend's behest, but it was before the new toon started. I've just gotten used to He-Man.org being the only forum I frequent. You guys were around long before the 2 newer Thundercats fansites who have "jumped on the bandwagon" and deserve the support.
    Yep we've been going for around 6 years now! and amazingly nearly all the founding members are still on board. I think we deserve a medal for that alone!

and a bit of trivia... it was actually a thread right here on He-man.org that started what is now ThunderCatsLair.org back in 2005! So I do regard He-man.org as an 'unofficial' sister site to us!

Anyway thanks for the support

Yep we've been going for around 6 years now! and amazingly nearly all the founding members are still on board. I think we deserve a medal for that alone!

and a bit of trivia... it was actually a thread right here on He-man.org that started what is now ThunderCatsLair.org back in 2005! So I do regard He-man.org as an 'unofficial' sister site to us!

Anyway thanks for the support
    Has it been 6 years!! Wow I remember when it was just starting

Has it been 6 years!! Wow I remember when it was just starting
    Yep I believe work on the site was started around July 2005 and we launched in late 2005. 3 of the 4 founding members are still at the helm (myself, He-fan and Mannyscollectibles) Manny decided to go solo this year and he created his ThunderCatsNOW website. So we are all pretty much still around, which is great with it being such an high profile year for the brand.

Yep I believe work on the site was started around July 2005 and we launched in late 2005. 3 of the 4 founding members are still at the helm (myself, He-fan and Mannyscollectibles) Manny decided to go solo this year and he created his ThunderCatsNOW website. So we are all pretty much still around, which is great with it being such an high profile year for the brand.
    Wow been a long long time, I remember that all too heh.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Went to two Walmarts today and neither of them even had a place set for Thundercats.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    So is it pointless in looking for figures on the shelves at this point? Bandai stated that their initial allotment is all gone, meaning that stores should have all the figures. But if the shelves are all empty, that means that stores are having to wait until Bandai produces more, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    So is it pointless in looking for figures on the shelves at this point? Bandai stated that their initial allotment is all gone, meaning that stores should have all the figures. But if the shelves are all empty, that means that stores are having to wait until Bandai produces more, right?
    It depends if your stores have put them out, every Walmart is supposed to have a shipment but I know out of the 11 Walmarts we have on my way to work only 4 have put toys on the shelf.

Only 1 of our 2 TRU's have done so and none of our 3 Kmarts have put them out.

So there is a lot of product in my area I know is not on the shelf yet and I suspect its that way across the country.

Anybody done this yet? I really prefer classic colours on Panthro (and I much prefer Tygra's royal garb as opposed to the clunky green armour)
    it bugs me how they have "Power Rangerfied" the Cats looks (ie: a blue one, a green one, a red one etc)

Attached Images Attached Images
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

That looks great!! I might have to buy another set of toys just to repaint them

I hadn't noticed any color coding myself... the colors are too muted for that. And who is supposed to be which color? I don't see it myself. There are maroons and army greens and peach and those sorts of colors. Not red, blue, yellow, etc.

Anyway, Panthro looks great in classic colors, even with the extra hair.

Well I dunno about anyone else but for me Lion-O has a blue pallette, Tygra has a green pallette, Cheetarah has a yellow pallette, Panthro has a red/purple pallette
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar