Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2917

Thread: OFFICIAL: ThunderCats 2011 Cartoon Discussion Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Why does the 4inch have wings but now the 6inch?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    No idea, the weird thing is the 6" has the darn slots for the wings!! They are filled in but clearly they could have added wings if they wanted
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Good question! The 6'' one has two plugs in his back where obvious wing-holes have been covered up, so he was planned with them, at least. I'm assuming they were left out because they would have ended up being HUGE to be as big to him as they are to the 4'' one.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Silverhawks! Tygersharks!

I've officially geeked out now. Can't wait for Friday.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It might be a one shot so no need to redesign like the rest, Friday can't come soon enough
    I hope its not a one shot! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    They can't just give me Silverhawks back then take it away again

Wasn't there a blog or something for the creators? I need to know if this is just a one shot or if we will see more
    Yea seriously if they tease me like that... OMG.

Its hard to say, when Mako was underwater that is what he looked like. I would assume they will be Shark/Animal all the time as that would be easier to write in then to go through their whole transformation backstory.

The Silverhawks is another question,they are not in the video so we have no clue how they will look. Like you said its probably based on Mandora, since that would be easy to make them her enforcers/police brigade.

I can do 4" Tygra vs 6" Mumm-Ra if you want to see that

Omg warner replied to my silverhawks and tigersharks Made on Demand DVD question!!
    COOL! OMG TOO MUCH GOOD NEWS TODAY

My personal hope is that Mon*Star is still alive in this series but imprisoned just like the beginning of the original Silverhawks cartoon.

I want him to have more of a presence than just a quick cameo. Come on new episode
    Yea that would be pretty cool, it would also make sense as to why we don't see the silver hawks themselves in the intro. Because they are in the future er present.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

I think the series will do little more than allude to the TigerSharks characters and if so, they will likely be marine lifeforms, although this does not preclude the possibility that the TigerSharks could develop and use the Fish Tank to transform into humans to access land. As others have speculated, I think the SilverHawks will be human-cybernetic policemen of the Interplanetary Control Force like Mandora the Evil Chaser.
    Yea that sounds very possible. I'd buy it!

Pretty cool to hear that the Silverhawks and Tigersharks are being included in the cartoon. I'm very glad to hear that the Thundercats are expanding their universe, even if it's by including sister series into it. Hopefully fans of those lines get updated figures!

I have to say, in the last 10 years of 80s reboots, I think the Thundercats cartoon is by far the greatest of them all with Transformers Animated a close second. I tip my hat off to this series and hope that it continues to mix the right amount of action, adventure, comedy and story telling.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    That most definitely was Mon-Star but those bird people WEREN'T Silverhawks!!
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    That most definitely was Mon-Star but those bird people WEREN'T Silverhawks!!
    Nobody said they were, the Silverhawks were not shown yet.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

WOW I like the 6'' version way more than I thought I would! Too much, even. I wanted to stay away from the other 6'' figures, but I'm gona have trouble now, since this one was so awesome. I wish the smaller figures used the same plastic as the blades on his swords! They're MUCH better. You know, like, NOT rubber.

And, once again, we come to the size thing. You be the judge. Personally, I like huge-monster Mumm-Ra, but I also like having his smaller size.

Mostly because the smaller one has wings, but also because I think a magical beast like him should be able to change size (though having a sword fight with him is gona be tough, since he's bascially swinging a tree-trunk-sized sword). As you can see, there are those spots on the back that indicate that he was supposed to have wings. Considering how awesome he is, I can say that I do miss them, because I think that would make this guy complete. Still, I can't say that I need them either!

Overall, I'm QUITE happy with him, and folks who feel they need more size to thier Mumm-Ra shouldn't hesitate.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I wonder if that's there for a future deluxe 6'' version with wings? Or, the wings just might not have costed out. A shame because I do think they would have been cool, though I do like him as-is too.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Maaaannnn... Amazon got most all of their Thundercats back in stock and I was kinda hesitating, but I decided to just order the Cheetara/Kit/Kat figures I was missing. I knew I would be cheeting myself outta the fun of finding them on the shelves, but I'm getting angry from only finding the peg warmers for the past month. So of course after the box from Amazon arrives, karma rears its ugly head and they arrive crunched up and "not case fresh" (lol).

Dammit all! I'll keep them for a bit in case I want to collect a second set to open, but dangit! I still don't have a decent collectable set yet
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; August 31, 2011 at 05:43am.

I got a message this morning from Facebook Re: Silverhawks and Tigersharks MOD "There is good news on the horizon!"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Good question! The 6'' one has two plugs in his back where obvious wing-holes have been covered up, so he was planned with them, at least. I'm assuming they were left out because they would have ended up being HUGE to be as big to him as they are to the 4'' one.
    That makes me so mad. He has wings in the cartoon, and 6inch one should have wings. He does not even have a cape. And the four inch one only has half his sword. What is Bandai doing? Can they not get anything right?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

That makes me so mad. He has wings in the cartoon, and 6inch one should have wings. He does not even have a cape. And the four inch one only has half his sword. What is Bandai doing? Can they not get anything right?
    The 6" has a ghetto kind of torn cape, you take off his helmet an attach it but I would much rather have had wings. I think it would help him stand better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Maaaannnn... Amazon got most all of their Thundercats back in stock and I was kinda hesitating, but I decided to just order the Cheetara/Kit/Kat figures I was missing. I knew I would be cheeting myself outta the fun of finding them on the shelves, but I'm getting angry from only finding the peg warmers for the past month. So of course after the box from Amazon arrives, karma rears its ugly head and they arrive crunched up and "not case fresh" (lol).

Dammit all! I'll keep them for a bit in case I want to collect a second set to open, but dangit! I still don't have a decent collectable set yet
    Damn just missed Grune again, every other Deluxe 4" is there
    Last edited by markatisu; August 31, 2011 at 10:22am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This whole franchise reboot was a complete risk. Obviously Bandai did not want to throw a whole lot of money at it straight off. Luckily, it seems like the show and the toys are an early success so if they start making money then they can add a bigger budget to toy production......

well that is what MOTUC has taught me

But if it is true then I am sure we will get redo's along the line, hopefully fixing past mistakes (no winged 6 inch Mumm-Ra, ugly black joint pegs, soft weapons, etc.)

This whole franchise reboot was a complete risk. Obviously Bandai did not want to throw a whole lot of money at it straight off. Luckily, it seems like the show and the toys are an early success so if they start making money then they can add a bigger budget to toy production......

well that is what MOTUC has taught me

But if it is true then I am sure we will get redo's along the line, hopefully fixing past mistakes (no winged 6 inch Mumm-Ra, ugly black joint pegs, soft weapons, etc.)
    Oh I am totally sure we will get something like Super Deluxe Awesome Mumm-Ra.

And I can almost guarantee you it was cost and packaging as his wings would have required a different box size and they wanted to keep costs line in case the line bombed.

It sucks but that is the reality of toy retail, as bad as it sounds we are lucky to even have toys at all since toylines over the last 5-10 years have been more financial blood loss then success.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    So wait, if Mon*Star was around back when the Thundercats first stole the Eye for Mumm-Ra (jeez does that already sound huge), does that mean he's long dead now and the Silverhawks fought him in the current Thundercats' past? I hope not.
    no, because evil does not die. that's why it is superior!

And I can almost guarantee you it was cost and packaging as his wings would have required a different box size and they wanted to keep costs line in case the line bombed.

It sucks but that is the reality of toy retail, as bad as it sounds we are lucky to even have toys at all since toylines over the last 5-10 years have been more financial blood loss then success.
    I want Ben10 levels of success for this line. If that is the case then you can be certain to see multiple variations of most of the figures

Cost certainly explains his wings, but I can't figure out why his accessories across his figures are so random! With the two 4'' figures and the 6'' figures we have two versions of the dagger (4'' mummy has the prongs on the side out, and 6'' Mumm-Ra has the prongs still in) and two VERY different versions of the extended sword, which I assume happens in the toon at one point; unless it's one of those things where they got some concept art mixed up with the finished art and ended up doing both.

In the end, though, if 4'' Mumm-Ra is always going to have such a rubbery freakin' weapon, then I'm GLAD they didn't give him the big double-sided sword! It's bad enough on one blade, let alone two.

Cost certainly explains his wings, but I can't figure out why his accessories across his figures are so random! With the two 4'' figures and the 6'' figures we have two versions of the dagger (4'' mummy has the prongs on the side out, and 6'' Mumm-Ra has the prongs still in) and two VERY different versions of the extended sword, which I assume happens in the toon at one point; unless it's one of those things where they got some concept art mixed up with the finished art and ended up doing both.

In the end, though, if 4'' Mumm-Ra is always going to have such a rubbery freakin' weapon, then I'm GLAD they didn't give him the big double-sided sword! It's bad enough on one blade, let alone two.
    Maybe they gave him the super sword to make up for lack of wings

I want Ben10 levels of success for this line. If that is the case then you can be certain to see multiple variations of most of the figures
    Me too, as I was in Toys R Us on Saturday and saw no less than 4-5 TRU Exclusive boxed sets of Ben 10 I keep hoping Thundercats reaches that level.

That way we can get figures that might not make it into a regular wave (Silverhawks, Tigersharks, Young Panthro, etc).
    Last edited by markatisu; August 31, 2011 at 11:26am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Maybe they gave him the super sword to make up for lack of wings
    Ya know, I don't think you're far off! With the wings, I doubt they would have been able to do a decent sword. Without the wings, they needed to add a little more; so there we go!

One gripe, though: obviously the sword had to be separated to make it fit in the package. Okay, cool. However....if they GOTTA separate the sword, why O why didn't they separate it in the middle? I mean, he can still hold it just fine thanks to his hands:

But now you've got one sword with ALL the handle and one with with NO handle! Dunno how the design team missed that one.

Still..crazy coincidence: my old classic Mumm-Ra's sword broke many years ago to leave it in just about the same way the new sword is left when detached from the second blade...

OMG I WANT A MON*STAR TOY!! Particularly his transformed version; I friggin' LOVED that toy. One of my top favorite toys when I was little (and heck, he's still cool now).

Wow, this is pretty freakin' awesome! I mean, I wasn't that big on Silverhawks either, but mixing this all together? BRILLIANT. I just hope this little cameo (if that's all it is) is enough to get us a Mon*Star figure. That would be a DREAM toy.
    Yes!!! I need a toy. This brings me to my next point. We now live in a world where we could potentially have Thundercats. Silverhawks. And tigersharks. In toy form and scaled to each other!!

I got a message this morning from Facebook Re: Silverhawks and Tigersharks MOD "There is good news on the horizon!"
    Yes! The good news just keeps on coming.

Agreed it was prob due to cost and I bet we see another one with wings especially since he has wings all the time he is shown in the toon so far.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

stores here still haven't gotten them, I wonder if they are sticking with the previous plan. Both stores have put out other new items.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

If anyone wants to see what Jackalman will look like, we just posted it

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/31/...er-dan-norton/

HEROVERSE IS COMING...

Lionheart avatar by Baena

Quote Originally Posted by wilee4 View Post
    If anyone wants to see what Jackalman will look like, we just posted it

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/31/...er-dan-norton/
    Wow. He looks bad ass! Can't wait to see the other mutants.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!