Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    A lot of FB posts were talking about the 'big event' of the last episode.....But when I watched it I was happy. Thought it would be someone important!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I was sure the walker Carl basically help set free was going to kill Randall in the barn, did not see that coming instead.
    Yeah...I saw a death coming from that too, but I didn't know who it was going to be. So stupid that people keep walking off on their own into the woods filled with zombies. *shakes head* I also can't believe Carl was "playing" with the zombie!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm personally really annoyed with Rick and the whole Randall situation. You save this guy from walkers just so you can stitch him up, torture him endlessly, and constantly remind him that you will execute him. I'm with Shane 100% on this.
    I agree. They never should have saved him. They killed 2 members of the other group...which the entire other group knows now because they didn't all die. This guy WAS trying to kill Rick & company. They save him. Randall tells the dude living on his own (forget his name) that the guys in the group are crazy and rapists...that he's nothing like that, etc. Then, he tells Carl that he'll take them back to his group where there's plenty of supplies and such and "take care of them." He's obviously trouble and probably just as damn crazy as the other guys. They made this problem and know have to deal with it. The only option, sadly, is to kill him to keep the farm safe. The other group wouldn't give a damn even if they found out about Randall either, because they left him for dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    A lot of FB posts were talking about the 'big event' of the last episode.....But when I watched it I was happy. Thought it would be someone important!
    Dale was important though! He was the conscience of the group, which kept them human and humane. At the beginning of the episode when Dale started going around talking to everyone, trying to save Randall's life I said "He's Piggy." Piggy, from the Lord of the Flies novel was the same way and the other boys hated him because he was the intellectual one. The end up murdering him by pushing a bolder off a cliff and onto him. After they literally kill their conscience, things get very disturbing. I think this is exactly where things are headed on the show. I knew Dale was going to die the second I saw how they were making him into Piggy...but I didn't think it would happen this soon.

Everyone on this show is going to go evil. Carl was showing how disturbed he's getting by playing with the zombie and wanting to watch his dad kill Randall. Creeeeepy.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah, but I see a bug difference between Conscience and Common Sense.

It has to be balanced, and Nothing about the young guy seems honest or trustworthy -Look at what he was saying to Carl alone in the barn. Its a very confronting show, and in this case My Gut instinct is to protect my group at all costs!

a

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yeah...I saw a death coming from that too, but I didn't know who it was going to be. So stupid that people keep walking off on their own into the woods filled with zombies. *shakes head* I also can't believe Carl was "playing" with the zombie!
    Give him a break. Carl doesn't have any friends. It could have been like Fido.

I agree I thought the big 'Incident' in the ep was gonna be Carl shooting the Kid. So thats why the actual 'Incident' was so anticlimactic!
    ka

[/CENTER]

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'm surprised that his death wasn't similar to the books. One things for sure, you don't know what's going to happen.

As for T-Dawg, before watching this episode I started thinking "Did they kill off T-Dawg and I missed it or forgot about it? Last I really remember about him is getting cut from the car...."
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

whos T Dog??? what did I miss?

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    I just saw this week's episode and was very upset about Dale dying. I was not a particular fan of his but it was a shock. I thought the shocking moment was going to be that Carl was going to kill Randall but obviously I was wrong. I also thought that the zombie by the lake was going to follow Carl back to the house but he ran into poor Dale instead. And why did the zombie disembowel the cow, walk away from it while it's still alive, and not even eat it? Or even start to eat Dale once he cut him open? Never read the comic books so please forgive my ignorance if it was covered in one of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    whos T Dog??? what did I miss?
    he's the black guy that's had maybe five lines this entire season. if you don't remember him, i can assure you that you haven't missed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    he's the black guy that's had maybe five lines this entire season. if you don't remember him, i can assure you that you haven't missed anything.
    ooooooh Yeah! I didnt even notice he wasnt around! He was the annoying guys offsider right?

Feel bad now that I could actually NOT realise someone was missing!

[/CENTER]

This basically setup Randal having to be dealt with, and the fallout out over Dale. I do see it kind of being a death of conscience or civility, there is still room though for someone else to come in and as a group help them retain it.

Carl was also having to deal with basically being chewed by his parents for saying something very callous and wanting to be an adult and them keeping him out of it. Which those two things are linked, what he told Carol wasn't appropriate.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

T-Dog's the guy who wanted to shoot the walker they found in the well. Then, after the gang spent most of the episode trying to get the walker out without contaminating the water, only to have him literally break in half, T-Dog's the one who said, "Good thing we didn't so something stupid, like shoot it in the head." I laughed for 5 straight minutes. I want THAT T-Dog back!

The second part of this season has been insane! At the beginning of the episode before this last one, things were already so intense that I almost thought I wouldn't be able to watch it. I'm glad I did, though. Regarding this week's episode, I wanted to reach through the screen and pop Carl in the face when he said that to Carol.

I have a question. How is it that the walkers aren't able to get out of places (the barn, the building they were in two weeks ago) without outside intervention, but they're able to get into places (the hospital where Rick was, the bus that Shane barricaded himself in)?
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be."

~Peter Gibbons, Office Space

"How 'bout you not judge? How 'bout you just love?"

~Me

Quote Originally Posted by chamita116 View Post
    I have a question. How is it that the walkers aren't able to get out of places (the barn, the building they were in two weeks ago) without outside intervention, but they're able to get into places (the hospital where Rick was, the bus that Shane barricaded himself in)?
    I think it all depends on where they are headed and what is enticing them. If you notice when they feed or sense food they become more excited/motivated.

I would assume they get into the buildings because they are searching but then got locked in and its not like they can think "how do I get out". For example they went into that building/school probably looking for food and got stuck but then Shane threw the wrench through the window (creating an opening and enticing them as food).

You also have to suspend disbelief, because in theory if they all push forward they could have easily busted down the barn doors they were locked in.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It's like the time issue. We have had people heal in a very quick time, yet it's treated like they just found Walker Sophia two days ago (it's been almost two weeks at this point).

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It's like the time issue. We have had people heal in a very quick time, yet it's treated like they just found Walker Sophia two days ago (it's been almost two weeks at this point).
    not sure what your point is here. are you saying 2 weeks should be sufficient time for them to get over her death? or did they say in the show it happened a couple days ago (or something like that)?

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    not sure what your point is here. are you saying 2 weeks should be sufficient time for them to get over her death? or did they say in the show it happened a couple days ago (or something like that)?
    In context of the speed of everything else, even in context it didn't take Andrea that long to get over her sister. And yes I know it's different for different people. Carol's grief is a more natural pace. I am surprised the daughter who cut herself was still bed ridden this episode based on how quickly people recover from wounds both physical and emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by chamita116 View Post
    in addition to markatisu's answer, i don't think it's that walkers are always getting into places and becoming stuck. i think most of the time it's that people barracade themselves in a shelter, die, and then can't figure out a way to escape once they turn into walkers. if i remember correctly, a lot of them were locked away in a room or wing of the hospital and then rick accidentally provided them a means to escape.

In context of the speed of everything else, even in context it didn't take Andrea that long to get over her sister. And yes I know it's different for different people. Carol's grief is a more natural pace. I am surprised the daughter who cut herself was still bed ridden this episode based on how quickly people recover from wounds both physical and emotional.
    The death of a child is harder to get over regardless of the reason. Not to mention Andrea's sister died in relatively swift fashion, the little girls they invested time and emotion into searching for her only to find it was a lost cause. So in essence they had to relive her death twice (the first time when they lost her and the 2nd when Rick put a bullet in her head for good). But always the death of a child is more impactful (just like how often the death of a pet is very traumatic). There is something to be said about how defenseless and unpowered they are that adds to the grief.

The suicidal sister is a completely different situation, as a family member who has seen his brother attempt suicide on 2 occasions over the last 20 years its easier to get over when you take into account they want to live. Andrea was 100% in the right, if the sister had wanted to kill herself she would have. That is far less to "get over" and "heal" then if they were murdered or killed by a zombie. I think her state after the attempt is that she is rethinking her life now that she has chosen to live. I mean there is no real rush since the world as they know it is pretty much dead at this point lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Oh ok. I thought you were saying 2 weeks should have been plenty of time for them to get over it.

yeah, i can see your point. you would think carl would still be pretty affected by it, but i think he is pushing all of that down. he is becoming like shane.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Andrea was 100% in the right, if the sister had wanted to kill herself she would have.
    i agree with this statement.

however, andrea was 100% wrong to let her try to kill herself. hell, she practically instigated her into doing it. remember that when the girl had the knife the first time, she just hid it. she wasn't to the point where she really wanted to. but one conversation with andrea and she's trying to.
    Last edited by EldestSon; March 8, 2012 at 01:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh ok. I thought you were saying 2 weeks should have been plenty of time for them to get over it.

yeah, i can see your point. you would think carl would still be pretty affected by it, but i think he is pushing all of that down. he is becoming like shane.
    Yeah Carl is in denial and has a lot of built up anger and confusion. He is at the point now where he can easily accept Shane's world view of anger and frustration, its only going to be made worse now that he knows he at least played a role in the tragic events of last week

however, andrea was 100% wrong to let her try to kill herself. hell, she practically instigated her into doing it. remember that when the girl had the knife the first time, she just hid it. she wasn't to the point where she really wanted to. but one conversation with andrea and she's trying to.
    Well one conversation with Andrea and you would probably want you to try too

There are really times I wish she had stayed at the CDC when it exploded

Those were just examples, even family members who are very close sometimes the person can get over it pretty quickly. People who can be very expressive in the emotions can go through the emotional process quickly or they can wallow in it so to speak. The grieving process isn't just different person to person, but relationship to relationship and even the time it happens. The same person can have different reactions to one child dying then another child dying. I had an entire semester long course pretty much dealing with the whole issue back in college. I just badly worded my first statement, my point was just the inconsistency of time. Made worse by a situation like a zombie apocalypse that would ruin most analysis up to that point.

About the suicidal sister, I mean her physical recovery, her wrist is still bandaged up and they are coddling her whereas Carl was up running around after a gun shot to the chest the next day after his surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well one conversation with Andrea and you would probably want you to try too

There is something that bothers me and I am sorry if I'm just being stupid, but why is Hershel's farm so safe in the first place? In season one they had their little camp in the forest where they thought they were safe but the zombies eventually found them. Hershel's farm seems to be a safe oasis (well, until this last episode). How so? Was that explained? I know the zombies seem to have problems crossing that muddy stream, but there is a road survivors use to drive in and out. How come zombies in the forest never notice this or hear the cars? Or, just stumble upon that road?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    There is something that bothers me and I am sorry if I'm just being stupid, but why is Hershel's farm so safe in the first place? In season one they had their little camp in the forest where they thought they were safe but the zombies eventually found them. Hershel's farm seems to be a safe oasis (well, until this last episode). How so? Was that explained? I know the zombies seem to have problems crossing that muddy stream, but there is a road survivors use to drive in and out. How come zombies in the forest never notice this or hear the cars? Or, just stumble upon that road?
    the smaller the population on Z day, the less chance of zombies. it's not 100% safe, but it is safer than the town or a school or a city. it looks like the survivors us a dirt road so they are probably a ways from even that small town.

plus they have some renewable supplies (vegetables, chickens, cows, etc) so it keeps them from having to leave too often which could attract more undead.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    the smaller the population on Z day, the less chance of zombies. it's not 100% safe, but it is safer than the town or a school or a city. it looks like the survivors us a dirt road so they are probably a ways from even that small town.

plus they have some renewable supplies (vegetables, chickens, cows, etc) so it keeps them from having to leave too often which could attract more undead.
    Also, the farm more than likely has a fence around it. Granted if a walker was to hear and smell stuff going on, they may make a better effort to get across the fence. Other than that I would say the walker is more inclined to come across a fence and follow it as opposed to making an effort to cross it. In one of the comics they get into the "herds" and how when they hear a gunshot far away they don't focus on the gunshot and try to get where they think it came from, but rather it tends to point them in that general direction. Other sounds, a nearby walker stepping and breaking a stick could have the same effect. Small variations in the direction.

Is it just me or does Andrea's character seem very very different from the comics? In the comics she was basically in love with Dale, still wears his hat, enjoys alone time in a tower with a sniper rifle. To me she seems like a passive person who just goes with the flow. In the show she just seems like a ****** off person who wants to start **** with people. I wonder if she will wear the hat????
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980