Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

I can't wait. Show starts tonight on AMC at 10. I hope it lives up to the hype.
    bnl4life

1 hour 45 minutes to go. I'm unusually sleepy today. I hope I don't accidentally fall asleep.

We got our party up and going, and we've all started the countdown to the premier. Finishing up the Dawn of the Dead remake first, and it should end just before that starts.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I hope it does well.
    If so, it not only spells good things for non superhero comic books,
    but also for more literally translations of the source material.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    OH MY GOD!!!! Just finished watching the premier episode and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved how faithful it was to the comic book, but expanding on the scenes and dialogue a bit. This show is officially my favorite show on TV, HANDS DOWN!!!! That is, as long as it keeps up the quality of the pilot.

WOW! I cannot recommend this series enough! It is the most EPIC show I have ever seen on TV. I've been anxiously waiting months for this show to premier, and it far exceeded my very high expectations!! Bring on Episode 2!!

From what I hear, the quality only goes up through episode three (I think three is as far as anyone's been able to preview at this point), but incredibly enough, episode two is supposed to be even better than the first.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    It was great. Even the parents seemed to like it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I know very little about the comics, so I only have the series to judge by...and overall I thought TWD was pretty good and something that I would definitely continue on with. Immediately my mind went to 28 Days Later when the sheriff woke up in the hospital unaware of what had transpired. hehe

Question - Shane hooked up with the sheriff's wife, right? I missed seeing who was shown in the photo, but I'm pretty sure that was her?

In fairness, Robert and Tony had completed that scenario before 28 Days Later came out. It was just really weird timing that two zombie properties around the same time had the same coma thing in it.

And to be fair, it's really one of the only ways they (28 Days and Walking Dead) could get a character into the situation they wanted.

Someone who starts off in a post-apocalyptic world with no knowledge of what transpired so that the revelations are as shocking to the main character as it is to the audience. Outside of having the main character coming from back from the space station, or thawing out from a block of ice, there are only so many ways you can do that, and having them wake up from a coma is one of the easiest ways to do it.
    and keep moving forward.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'm not familiar with the books, but I have been excited to check this series out. I LOVED the first episode! I could not believe how well done this was! I am certainly looking forward to more!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Watched it last night. I want to read the comics now.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I really thought that horse didn't have anything to worry about during the zombie attack in Atlanta, but I was so wrong! Shows me for sticking to conventional zombie lore. At least its no where near as bad as sparkling gay vampires. Actually, it's not even bad at all. That was craziness! Peace.

Movie mayhem!
    I watched this last night with my roomie and thought it was GREAT!... the suspense is awesome, only other show thats been able to get me feeling like that is Dexter but with that show its only a select episodes each season I have a feeling every episode of this show is going to have me on the edge of my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Question - Shane hooked up with the sheriff's wife, right? I missed seeing who was shown in the photo, but I'm pretty sure that was her?
    Yes correct!

I thought it was great, but I'm really anxious to see the rest of the cast come into play! I just read in EW that one of the best subplots involves the Dixons who aren't in the book. Hearing Glenn's voice over the radio at the end of episode one really got me pumped for more of the others!

TWD made AMC history.

Last night’s premiere of AMC’s original series, “The Walking Dead” resulted in a 3.7 HH rating netting over 5.3 total million viewers making it the largest audience for any original series on the network. The Adults 18-49 demo garnered 3.6 million viewers making it the highest delivery for any cable series premiere for 2010.

Key Ratings Highlights for The Walking Dead:

10pm airing – 3.7 HH rating with 5.3 million total viewers;
    10 pm, 11:30 pm and 1am airings – Cumed to a 6.0 HH rating with 8.1 million viewers;
    Adults 25-54 – 3.1 million viewers;
    Adults 18-49 – 3.6 million viewers;
    Adults 18-34 – 2.1 million viewers.

“It’s a good day to be dead. We are so proud of this series, its depth of storytelling and the remarkable talent attached,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president. “As the network dedicated to bringing viewers the best stories on television, we are so pleased to have the opportunity with ‘The Walking Dead’ to raise the bar within this popular genre and continue our commitment to being the home of premium television on basic cable.”

“’The Walking Dead’ is that rare piece of programming that works on so many levels. It is legitimately great storytelling that is not only highly entertaining, but incredibly thought provoking as well. People who are familiar with the comic books know what’s coming, but suffice it to say, this is only the beginning of a long, intense, and powerful ride. Long live ‘The Walking Dead’,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s SVP of original programming, production and digital content.

AMC’s first wholly-owned original production, “The Walking Dead” premiered globally on October 31 through an unprecedented partnership with AMC and Fox International Channels. Similar to a theatrical film release, all Fox International Channels are launching the premiere episode this week, resulting in the series’ debuting in 120 countries and in 33 languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Yes correct!
    Cool, thanks.

we had a walking dead party last night.i am so glad it did as well as it did.

I DO hate the argument about the similar opening between TWD and 28 days later. No one seems to mention MANY shows and movies have used this type of opening, most notably "day of the triffids.

the one thing i wold change is either move the opening scene so it makes more sense chronologically or at least tie back to it later in the episode.

I understand WHY they needed that sort of BANG opening to hook people fast but it just seemed a bit disjointed, epsiecially when they do not do any sort of call back to it later.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm watching it again right now. The scene where Rick has a breakdown after returning home brings tears to my eyes every time. It's just such an emotional and heartbreaking scene, all masterfully played by Lincoln. I can already tell this guy's going to be incredible in this role.

My friends and I were talking about the comic series last night, and I had an interesting idea about how the series could potentially end.

SEMI SMALL SPOILERS

What if Carl was the last survivor of all the main characters, and somehow manages to survive for years, barely keeping his sanity in the process. Then one day he gets rescued and finds out that only North America was lost to the outbreak and the rest of the world is almost exactly as it used to be.

The tragic part, his father died making sure he survived, but in the end, Carl simply can't exist in the "normal" world and ends up spending the rest of his life traumatized in a hospital, utterly incapable of adapting to normal life.

Just a conversation we had while watching the premier.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; November 1, 2010 at 09:26pm.
    and keep moving forward.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I'm not familiar with the books, but I have been excited to check this series out. I LOVED the first episode! I could not believe how well done this was! I am certainly looking forward to more!
    Pixel - Take it from a fellow Mosquitor fanatic: You need to check out the Walking Dead comic book series!!!!!! It is really easy to get your hands on the trade paper backs. I believe each one has 6 issues and they are up to volume 12. They are very reasonably priced and can be found at most Barnes and Noble's. I even saw them at Walmart a few weeks ago in a "Halloween" themed book endcap. I guarantee that you will be hooked by issue 3......FOR LIFE!!!!!!!

The Walking Dead comic book is my #2 addition to MOTUC's. It is that great!!

Actually, I highly recommend going the extra few bucks and getting the hardcover book collections. The quality is absolutely top notch with fantastic paper, gloss, clarity, and cover. And not only is the material great, but they contain all sorts of great conceptual artwork, background info, and the covers of every comic contained in that particular collection (something the individual trades done't have).

I have 1-6 right now, and they're highlights of my collection.
    and keep moving forward.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    we had a walking dead party last night.i am so glad it did as well as it did.

I DO hate the argument about the similar opening between TWD and 28 days later. No one seems to mention MANY shows and movies have used this type of opening, most notably "day of the triffids.

the one thing i wold change is either move the opening scene so it makes more sense chronologically or at least tie back to it later in the episode.

I understand WHY they needed that sort of BANG opening to hook people fast but it just seemed a bit disjointed, epsiecially when they do not do any sort of call back to it later.
    I agree, I get why the did it but it made things a little confusing. There wasn't even a so much time earlier thing when they flashed back was there? If so I missed it.

Just to clarify in case anyone is offended, I'm not arguing a position/saying it's disgraceful that 28 Days Later and The Walking Dead have similar openings. I'm merely saying that's where my mind went when I saw the scene...lol

As I said earlier, I know very little about TWD comic series.

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    SEMI SMALL SPOILERS

What if Carl was the last survivor of all the main characters, and somehow manages to survive for years, barely keeping his sanity in the process.
    I agree. I think eventually, Carl will be the last survivor. I think he and Michone will last the longest, but he'll be the final. I don't know about the hanging onto his sanity thing, though because they're setting him up so that because he was so young when all this began, he's more suited to it, unlike the adults who are still so connected to the world the way it used to be. He's grown up in this, so it's his normal reality. He doesn't waver when he does what he feels needs to be done.

I watched it with some friends and we were all really impressed. They were fans of the comic, and zombie heads. It was all new to me, and I felt that it was time well spent. They seemed to make the most of their material. We have ourselves a highly recommended show that didn't suck like the last 2 zombie films I watched.

Latex zombies, fake blood and a strong cast of unknowns beats the crap out of reality tv any day.

PS: I'd like to set a few real flesh eaters loose in the Big Brother house. It would vastly improve the show.

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    And to be fair, it's really one of the only ways they (28 Days and Walking Dead) could get a character into the situation they wanted.
    He could have been in the Big Brother house.. Oh wait, thats been done too

It doesn't premiere here until Friday night. Its being advertised as 'The directors cut' Is that what aired in the USA or are we going to be seeing something slightly different?
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

They definitely copied the half zombie corpse from Return of the Living Dead though. just joking.

As for the question, I don't recall hearing anything about ours being the director's cut...but I could be wrong.