Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Wow I realy love the show it's well done

Evil Master of Warcraft
    This is too good not to share (It's Amy Winehouse...if you can or cannot recognize)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I just finished watching the 1st episode.
    WOW what a show!
    Dawn of the Dead was always my favorite zombie movie of all time.
    This show definably has the feel to it. I love it!
    I'm eagerly wanting to watch the 2nd episode now!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    This is too good not to share (It's Amy Winehouse...if you can or cannot recognize)
    Gee-hee-YAWD!!! That... THING, is a complete train-wreck!! How is it even alive?!?
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

My wife and I have seen all of them so far and it has been awesome! We love zombie movies and this is right up our alley. I like that we haven't heard the word "zombie" and I hope it stays that way. That would just make me think of werewolves and vampires and mummies, not within the realm of reality, ya know?

Very interested to see what happens to Merle...

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Episode #5: Wildfire is going to air today!
    One more episode afterwards and season 1 is done.
    I'm looking forward to season 2 which is going to be 13 eps!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Any thoughts on last nights episode? It was very "walker" light, there was more character development on this one. Also the shot at the end where the door opened, felt a lot like when Lock finally got that hatch open... very good stuff, too bad the next season wont start for almost a year.

Quote Originally Posted by RockthePlank View Post
    My wife and I have seen all of them so far and it has been awesome! We love zombie movies and this is right up our alley. I like that we haven't heard the word "zombie" and I hope it stays that way. That would just make me think of werewolves and vampires and mummies, not within the realm of reality, ya know?

Very interested to see what happens to Merle...
    I would rather have zombie said than... "geek" I think thats about stupid sounding. they should have used the book terms "roamers and lurkers"
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

I find myself... not really disappointed, but surprised that Shane is still alive. I've been looking forward to the scene where he tries to kill Rick and Carl kills him, but it looks like they've decided to extend the Rick/Shane segment. I know there are changes and I don't mind. That's just such a powerful moment in the storyline, so I wonder if it'll happen.

Along that thought, I wonder if we'll ever see Rick lose his hand.

Any thoughts on last nights episode? It was very "walker" light, there was more character development on this one. Also the shot at the end where the door opened, felt a lot like when Lock finally got that hatch open... very good stuff, too bad the next season wont start for almost a year.
    Almost a year?! Ah, man... That's going to be a long wait.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Widget
    I've really appreciated the way they are drawing out the tension. Like back in the first episode Rick doesnt encounter a full zombie untill he finds the bike, where as in the book he opens those doors in the hospital to find a room full of them almost right off the bat. The change worked really well. In the book Dale warns Rick about Shane as soon as Rick shows up at the camp with Glenn, wouldn't seem natural in the show. If they draw out the rick/ shane tension for another episode or two, great, just hope it ends fairly similar. Just not sure of how it would go down now since the setting/ sequence took a big turn in the last episode.

Show is more believable overall, they are definatelt practicing more stealth and resourcefullness then in the books.

For a sec I thought the Morales character and fam were substitutes for Allen Donna and the twins, but doesnt seem that way now.

Just saw there is a casting for Tyrese (while looking up Morales name), so glad T-Dogs not a tyrese fill in. Though I can't see a romance happening between t.v.'s Carol and Tyrese whenever he shows up.

Despite whatever changes, they are still hitting some of the major points. Andrea caps Amy. Jim requests to sit out his death. And not to be taken the wrong way, but I was glad to see the camp thinned out.

Two things do have me a little worried. I think it would be good to just leave Merle out from here, maybe they find the truck at some point. But otherwise leave it unresolved. World is in choas, leave it open ended. I hope this research development doesnt put the virus as a government slip up, bio-warfare gone wrong thing. The codename and mention of two time frames of occurence and global scale point to that. The zombie origin is anoher thing that can stay unresolved, no government involvement or space microbes or whatever. So far I like Zombielands explanation the best, patient 0 ate a tainted burger at a gas n gulp....

as far as the term "geeks", not sure if it was an earlier post here, or somewhere else. But apparently the term geek would refer to a sideshow act known for eating odd things. like biting the head off a live chicken. May not be familiar in the contemporary sense but is appropriate in a way.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Another great episode!!! I am so stoked for the finale of season 1, but am dreading that it is the last on for awhile!!! I hope they get to filming season 2 right away so that we do not have to wait until next Halloween for more TWD.

I'm not sure what to make of the CDC storyline.....

If they go ahead and fully explain the cause of the zombie plague out of the gate, it will definitely be WAY different than the comic series. I actually like not knowing much about "why" it is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTS View Post
    as far as the term "geeks", not sure if it was an earlier post here, or somewhere else. But apparently the term geek would refer to a sideshow act known for eating odd things. like biting the head off a live chicken. May not be familiar in the contemporary sense but is appropriate in a way.
    Exactly. I never heard them call zombies geeks and thought "They're nerd bashing!" I always parsed it as a synonym for "freak".

When it comes to a zombie movie calling a zombie a zombie, I never had a problem with it, and also it brings up a question I always wonder in these movies: do zombie movies and culture exist in this world? Was there a George Romero and copies of "Night of the Living Dead" on abandoned Best Buy shelves? Where are the dudes like me, who if they survive are saying "Holy crap, Max Brooks was right!" In the Alternate Walking Dead reality, are GeologyMule and I in a fortified penitentiary somewhere, huddled around a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide, deciding what combo of weaponry we plan on carrying when we go out for supplies? (personally, I'd like have a military grade machete, titanium crowbar, .22 pistol, and a .22 rifle, along with my rations, first aid kit, and flashlight).
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

The guys like you are too busy avoiding the numbskulls in the movie/show/book whatever.

Great series so far, I haven't read the comics so no comparison from me.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Oh I totally agree with you sonofblaine, everytime I hear them called "geeks" I cringe a little. I'm good with it being called other things, but geeks is kinda lame. I just feel like if the whole zombie apocalypse did occur, you wouldn't hear the term "zombie" as often. Maybe you might hear the undead, or recently deceased, or the infected, I just think people who hesitate to say Zombie, but who knows, maybe we will hear them say Zombie at some point anyway!

Yeah I was reading that the new season wouldn't be starting till around Halloween next year, which kind of sucks, but it makes sense. During the summer AMC runs the new episodes of Break Bad and Madmen, so why not spread out your hits? Also, lets face it, this kind of needs to be a seasonal type show. I mean I would love to see it year round, no doubt, I love contemporary zombie pop culture, but I want this show to last, and if it means that I have to wait till around Halloween each year to see what happens, then that is fine, I can wait. Just make sure the show has 12-15 episodes per season and I'd be fine with watching zombies well into the new year, every year!

I also agree with Yodafreakmaster, I don't want an explanation of why the is happening, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I feel like all the believable ones have been touched on already in other movies, so it would feel redundant to be like "government bio weapon" or "infected animal" (which there dont seem to be any)

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I know this thread is about the movie, but I just picked up volume 13 of the comic. Such a great story.

I really like how they have stuck close to the comics so far in the series, but haven't strayed too far.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Yeah I was reading that the new season wouldn't be starting till around Halloween next year, which kind of sucks, but it makes sense. During the summer AMC runs the new episodes of Break Bad and Madmen, so why not spread out your hits? Also, lets face it, this kind of needs to be a seasonal type show. I mean I would love to see it year round, no doubt, I love contemporary zombie pop culture, but I want this show to last, and if it means that I have to wait till around Halloween each year to see what happens, then that is fine, I can wait. Just make sure the show has 12-15 episodes per season and I'd be fine with watching zombies well into the new year, every year!
    )
    of course if it is only every year around Haloween... Carl will be too old to still play Carl
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Widget
    well its over for now. saddened by the impending wait, but glad zombiedom has some quality being produced. I've consumed a pretty decent amount of zombie related media -movies, comics, novels, podcasts, even attended zombie-con nyc this year.....and there is a bunch of crap produced. So having this show bring more legitimacy has been a blessing. I could talk zombie theory and contingency plans late into the night, or until the beer runs out, whichever comes first. I've got a good feeling about the show.

the end of last episode had me concerned with the potential of government induced virus etc...but this one put the uncertainity back into the fray. the a.i. in the building was a little over the top, and so was the explosion, but it didnt pull too much away from what was happening in the episode. I watched the episode by sneaking in 10-15 min chunks on my ipod today, so for a while I was convinced the cdc was a substitute for the prison, glad its not. (Though might be in place of the small suburb the group encountered before finding the prison in the books) Having the intro and closing of the cdc and jenner in two episodes still leaves the opportunity for the plot to move back toward the comic's. I won't be upset either way, but for those concerned with following the original plotline there is still potential. I also really appreciate the way the show is depicting the erosion of rick and shanes relationship, and shanes inner torment. To me that is the spirit of the source translated well.

p.s. if you havent read world war z and enjoy the walking dead show, definately pick it up. Max Brooks, who did the zombie survival guide, gives a certain rationality and diverse perspective to the impending apopcalypse.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    The finale was awesome!! I'm a bigger fan of the comic book than the series, BUT it is still far and away the best show on TV!! I cannot wait until March 8th when I can get my hands on the Blu-Ray set! I read today that they will be filming season 2 in early 2011 so I really hope we do not have to wait until Oct 31st next year for more TWD show. I'm guessing they will air it next summer instead while the buzz is still hot. Great cast, great cinematography, true to the source but still takes alot of liberties in the storytelling, just plain excellent!!!

I kept out of this thread because I didn't want to be spoiled before I got a chance to see it. Unfortunately, it hasn't been given a release time here yet so I had to find other ways to see it.

I gave myself a treat and had a Walking Dead marathon, episode 1-6. I must say I am very impressed with this series.

I am big fan of the comic and as much as I would like to see a faithful representation of the comic, I would much prefer if the TV series created its own path. I don't want to be watching this show and waiting for _______ to get killed like they did in the comic.

I'm not sure if I want to see the prison as that was such a big part of the comic and I am not sure if I want to see Rick lose his hand. I can see how it would work though, Merle could go for an eye for an eye revenge.

I did get the same feeling watching the TV show as I did reading the comic. The best way I can describe it is to quote RGD "We will sell you the whole seat but you will only need the edge"

The Walking Dead is not not only one of the best things I have read it is now also one of the best things I have watched. If you haven't read or watched it, then I highly recommend you do.

'The Walking Dead' Creator, Producer Beg For Charlie Sheen

It blows my mind that every major news station spent most of last week focusing on Charlie Sheen, especially when there's some horrible ***** going down across the planet. But from the entertainment side of things it's hard to ignore the pure awesomeness of situation. Sheen has become one of the most quotable stars of the year, coining epic terms like "winning" and "I've got tiger's blood."

If you recall, last December "The Walking Dead" producers had quickly debunked rumors that Sheen would play one of the undead in the forthcoming second season, now in typical Hollywood fashion they're clamoring to get him to commit. Just one tweet from the star would garner tens of thousands of new viewers...

Robert Kirkman, the writer of the graphic novels, and executive producer of the hit AMC television series tells The Hollywood Reporter he would love Sheen to appear in the second season.

"Charlie call us, we we will totally make that happen," he says, speaking from the Paley Center "Walking" Dead event Friday. "We'll do whatever you want."

So what could Sheen expect? Perhaps lead in the series even though the part of Sheriff Rick Grimes is played by actor Andrew Lincoln.

"We'll recast YOU as Rick," says Kirkman, still speaking to Sheen with tongue very much in cheek. "Andrew Lincoln will find something else to do."

Other options? "He can direct an episode," says Kirkman. "Actually (Sheen) could play a car for all I care," he adds. "He's awesome."

AMC assassinates it's record-breaking smash hit, "The Walking Dead."

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-aco-127783%2F
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

So if I read that right they were expecting them to make twice as many episodes for 1/3 of the cost since it's implied the show got the tax break to begin with. And essentially pay less attention to the source material so they could keep the budget under.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Instead of long, sprawling outdoor scenes, the network wanted the second season of The Walking Dead to occur 50% outdoors and 50% indoors (indoors being cheaper to film). Another note asked whether or not the audience had to always see the zombies – couldn’t they simply hear them sometimes.
    Yikes!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Just a little over a month now until Season 2.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    ...head of original programming for AMC, Joel Stillerman
    Wow. What a complete moron. Here's hoping the second season is anywhere near as good as the first!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!