Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead tv show *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Also, the farm more than likely has a fence around it. Granted if a walker was to hear and smell stuff going on, they may make a better effort to get across the fence. Other than that I would say the walker is more inclined to come across a fence and follow it as opposed to making an effort to cross it. In one of the comics they get into the "herds" and how when they hear a gunshot far away they don't focus on the gunshot and try to get where they think it came from, but rather it tends to point them in that general direction. Other sounds, a nearby walker stepping and breaking a stick could have the same effect. Small variations in the direction.
    Yeah Hershel told them there was a fence surrounding the farm which is why they considered themselves "safe" compared to the town or other areas.

Is it just me or does Andrea's character seem very very different from the comics? In the comics she was basically in love with Dale, still wears his hat, enjoys alone time in a tower with a sniper rifle. To me she seems like a passive person who just goes with the flow. In the show she just seems like a ****** off person who wants to start **** with people. I wonder if she will wear the hat????
    Nope its not just you, they are very different characters. At times in the first season it seemed like she was going to be like the comic but then the more she was influenced by Shane I think they had better chemistry so I can see why that idea was scrubbed.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Thanks for the explanations but I am not really sold on either. Both of them (seclusion and the fence) have occurred to me but they just don't make sense. Again, their previous camp was in the forest which had population 0 before the outbreak, and yet zombies found them. It's been a couple of months since the outbreak right? Wouldn't zombies start leaving the cities by this time since there is nothing left to eat there. They attack the animals so wouldn't those secluded areas where animals live be the new zombie magnets. And the fence, yes, there is probably a fence, but then shouldn't there always be some zombies on the other side of the fence, trying to get in. And if you have a a few, they'd make noises and attract others until there's a bunch of them just outside the fence. We never see that in the show. Maybe they go to the fence regularly and quietly kill the zombies that just arrived but we don't see that in the show either. We never see them having trouble driving out because they don't want to let the zombies in when the gate opens.

It's just that the way it's shown in the show, they seem to be too safe on that farm. They walk around casually, windows are sometimes open. They let the kid walk around on his own, even to the forest and that stream. And what about all the shooting when they killed the zombies in the barn? That must have been heard miles away. It just seems like they feel so safe there, as if nothing can happen. I can't imagine being in that house and behaving the way they do.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Thanks for the explanations but I am not really sold on either. Both of them (seclusion and the fence) have occurred to me but they just don't make sense. Again, their previous camp was in the forest which had population 0 before the outbreak, and yet zombies found them. It's been a couple of months since the outbreak right? Wouldn't zombies start leaving the cities by this time since there is nothing left to eat there. They attack the animals so wouldn't those secluded areas where animals live be the new zombie magnets. And the fence, yes, there is probably a fence, but then shouldn't there always be some zombies on the other side of the fence, trying to get in. And if you have a a few, they'd make noises and attract others until there's a bunch of them just outside the fence. We never see that in the show. Maybe they go to the fence regularly and quietly kill the zombies that just arrived but we don't see that in the show either. We never see them having trouble driving out because they don't want to let the zombies in when the gate opens.

It's just that the way it's shown in the show, they seem to be too safe on that farm. They walk around casually, windows are sometimes open. They let the kid walk around on his own, even to the forest and that stream. And what about all the shooting when they killed the zombies in the barn? That must have been heard miles away. It just seems like they feel so safe there, as if nothing can happen. I can't imagine being in that house and behaving the way they do.
    when they were in the original campsite they were literally on the outskirts of Atlanta...population ~420,000. Rural farming areas have a much smaller population density. I wouldn't say they go out hunting animals, but if they come across fresh meat they are going to eat it.

Fences and walls become a very big part of the story in the comics. In the past episode where Rick stabs a zombie through the fence with his knife..well, they do that all the time in the books. Almost like the "I'm bored gonna go stab something in the head at the fence again......wanna go?"

As for the shooting in the barn....
    1) Rural. Not as many walkers
    2) Lets say 100 zombies heard it in a 5 mile radius. If they turn in the general direction and start walking the chances of walking straight there are slim. Add in environmental factors on the trip....tree here, rock there, ditch there, and a fence, they will change direction. Think of it like pinball. Zombie walks until an object is in its way, say a tree. It won't walk around it, it will slightly turn and walk in a different direction.
    3) The zombies go more on impulse, basically no memory. Shot happens they might turn and go that way, but will most likely forget instantly why they went that way.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Tree are also a pretty good sound barrier, which would muffle noises quite bit. The nearest place is a town, the guys who were hunting for their friends quickly checked the area. They talked about the pharmacy, the bar, not 'a' of either. They drove along for over 18 miles before they came to a school.

In both the comic and show it's implied the trips to Atlanta caught the attention of the walkers, and they were able to walk there. You could see Atlanta's skyline in background shots, they only drove because a car is faster and less likely to be overrun by smaller groups of walkers.

At Herschel's farm the walkers have been campers, other local farmers, and people who just lived outside of town. In an area like that your nearest neighbor can literally be 5-10 miles away minimum.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well originally they just led them into the barn and locked the door, fed them live animals and that was that. Over the last few episodes we see them try not to use the gun and instead opt for knives or arrows since those are "silent". Its hard to judge how big the threat is to the farm though since in the world of this show they can go from 0 zombies to a herd in mere minutes.

I think in the next 2 episodes the notion they are safe is crushed, at least from what the previews have shown.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

I think in the next 2 episodes the notion they are safe is crushed, at least from what the previews have shown.
    LOL That is one of the main reoccurring themes.

I'd also like to point out that I grew up in the mountains in a fairly rural environment. My town had about 5,000 people, but I lived on the outskirts. We didn't have massive farm after farm, but yards were generally in the 1 acre size. People would shoot guns off all the time. Unless it was my neighbor I wouldn't know where to go to find who shot it. Just a general direction, but even that would be tough with the mountains.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, you guys are probably right. It's just my anxiety Maybe after a while you just can't keep worrying all the time, you accept that the world has become a lot more dangerous and you just don't care... It still seems to me like they are too careless, because even if the risk of zombies coming is not that great, they should not be so relaxed while in the house. But, yeah, that is probably something that will come back to bite them in the upcoming episodes.

If they didn't do stupid stuff, most of the drama wouldn't happen. And as much as most of like to armchair their decisions, we probably would do stuff just as stupid.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    They let the kid walk around on his own, even to the forest and that stream.
    crazy-parenting-fails-parenting-fails-why-lori-why.jpg

ftr, i don't think they LET him go to the forest or stream. iirc, they told to stay in sight and he wandered off on his own.

that said, during the zombie apocalypse, my kids would never leave my sight.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Next weeks episode spoilers!!

You are correct. That farm isn't as safe as they think it is. George A. Romero should be getting royalties from the next two episodes. It's a clear copy of Night of the Living Dead.

Herschel invites everyone to move into the house. Zombie Shane. Zombies attack. Same old formula.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    wow. What an episode. I thought it started out a little slow, but the last half was great!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    HOLY CRAP!

What an ending! And the worst part about it is that we have to wait an entire week before we know how this goes down!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Wow @ the last scene of the episode! So basically they saved the entire seasons budget for next weeks episode

I do like how they gave a nod to the comics with

Carl killing Zombie Shane vs Carl killing normal Shane

Things played out more or less how I expected them to. But they did it well, and it does look like we are getting a nice finale.

Wow Shane killed Randall, tried killing Rick, but Rick killed Shane, confirming that when they die, they automatically turn. Now an ambush of walkers are heading towards the farm.

Great episode tonight. I really wish I hadn't seen those spoilers.

Tonight's ending was spoiled about a month ago on AMC's own website when they listed the Blueray and DVD Season 2 sets with info about one of the actors from tonight's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Great episode tonight. I really wish I hadn't seen those spoilers.

Tonight's ending was spoiled about a month ago on AMC's own website when they listed the Blueray and DVD Season 2 sets with info about one of the actors from tonight's episode.
    I heard about that but thankfully never had it spoiled for me, I tend to avoid twitter and facebook as well in regards to the show because lots of people don't know when to not say something

I avoided the spoilers too, thankfully. I knew the moment had to come sooner or later (I haven't read the comics, it just makes sense dramatically) but I was surprised it came this soon.

I thought they'd milk the Lori/Rick/Shane dynamic more. But I'm glad they didn't as there wasn't a ton more to do with it, really.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Well, personally my main reason to watch the show is now gone. So I'll just make the best of it with next week's preview.

However I will say....

Im rooting for a full on zombie massacre, and im rooting for the zombies now. Thin out the cast and rebuild, I know next season they govener and his people have been cast, so thats cool, but whatever, no Shane.... HOWEVER, very disapointed as a big rumor was Lori was gunna run up and get bitten by Shane and turn in season 3. Oh well, hope she bites it soon.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!
    Yeah there was not much left in that well, and I am glad they did what they did. The buildup was great and much better than how the comics handled the similar ending

Its changing Rick and we can see him wrestle with what he thinks is right and just versus what he has to do in order to protect his wife, son, and those who look to him for protection.

It will be interesting upcoming to see how Andrea reacts, she has now lost just about everyone who ever "meant" something to her

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Great episode! I'm really excited to see next week's.

Now that Dale is dead (I loved his character, but they made him too damn annoying lately) and Shane is FINALLY dead (YAY!), they removed a lot of the things that I personally feel have been bringing the show/story down. I thought the show was amazing until the whole "let's find Sophia story." That was good...but it dragged on far too long which made everyone complacent and the show a tad boring. The ending, when she came out of the barn was quite the emotional pay off, though. I just hope the show gets as exciting as it was when it began. The last 3 episodes have really picked up steam. So glad Shane is gone though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Nice episode, the final scene was intense.

I'll miss Dale and Shane. Shane I knew it was coming sooner or later, but Dale was unexpected and I'll miss him the most. I wish other cast members were dead instead lol, some have been just there doing nothing the whole season, hope they get killed next week and we get more interesting characters in season 3.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

did you guys see it? t-dog DID stuff! he had lines and everything!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    SPOILERS REMOVED!

I agree, I actually turned to my partner and said 'YAY! My two most hated Characters are both gone!'
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]